• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |Mafia OT| The Night Brims With Defiled Scum

roytheone

Do you remember in Archer the Robin Hood neutral character? His goal was just to kill 3 people successfully. Given Abhorrent Beast was way more interesting than Eileen, especially for a mafia game... I think there's a real possibility that Freakinchair is a neutral with a 2 or 3-kill goal, and revealing, today, was an elaborate way to get the doctor to protect him tonight. If the doctor does, then he's at worst 1 kill away from winning tomorrow.

I'm not especially keen on letting him run around Mad Max style, town or neutral.

A) fuck you for bringing the archer thing up :mad:

B) even if he is a neutral that needs an amount of kills, he still can't just kill all willy nilly. If his kills become anti town, we will lynch him, so he still would have to target targets that are at least explainable as pro town to a certain degree.

MickD

Camjo - Yeah basically, it was clear you weren't on the block and & Squid is pretty convincing. I seriously didn't want to go bandwagon but I thought there was a tie close to the end and I could've been a deciding factor? My suspicion was just because of you calling for a no lynch on D1, then cast a vote on me? Felt very odd.

The vote against me from Kaylor seems like he's pushing the blame away from himself from Zippedhead. Interestingly scummy.

Kevyt

Vote: Kristoffer

In truth I wanted to vote squidyj but I had to review some of the other games to update my profile of him and decided not to.

Kristoffer joined two bandwagons already, one is my vote on Freakinchair, the other is Zip's vote on Hobohodo. He also has a weird thing going on with Zip. Zip voted for him. Then unvoted. Now they're both on Hobohodo and Kristoffer is trying to recruit more votes. There's also the stuff Ezekel mentioned.

Seath is literally unreadable so I'm not even going to try until day 3-4.

weemad is grasping onto straws and his reasons for voting me aren't nearly as good as squidy's.

I can't imagine scum sticking their necks out like this on Day 2 so I believe the claim, though I think Freakinchair could easily be neutral.

I'm also leaning towards 1 scum team now due to circumstantial evidence. Though I believe my interpretation of the role PM is still correct, I find it very hard to swallow that there could've been 3 kills last night and only 1 went through, or that the lost partner did not activate upon Ri'orius' death (implying only one kill was blocked). The odds would've been stacked too heavily against Ri'orius' faction if so. So I'm going to assume 1 scum team for the time being.

Go ahead. Try to implicate me as (one of) Ri'Orius' partner(s). I guarantee you'll look the fool if you lynch me.

Vote: Haly

giphy.gif

That list looks familiar...

Oh wait, they're the same people Kristoffer has been bussing. Isn't that a coincidence.
You awake? I sang heaps of praises onto Haly Day 1 and I also have never voted for nudull. In fact, I specifically said he was probably inactive.

Verelios

You awake? I sang heaps of praises onto Haly Day 1 and I also have never voted for nudull. In fact, I specifically said he was probably inactive.
You're right, sorry about that. I was conflating yours and Freakinchair's posts in my mind for some reason.

But, still stand by how weird yours and Seath's exchange was. Seemed premeditated, almost as if there's an alliance going on.

Kevyt

That list looks familiar...

Oh wait, they're the same people Kristoffer has been bussing. Isn't that a coincidence.

Oh my, yeah Kristoffer and I are on the same scum team trying to mislynch townies.

And yes there's absolutely an alliance going on, it's like very obvious can't you see?

Your reads are on point!

giphy.gif

Kevyt

I've been messaging you in the scum thread! Dam it Kris, read the scum thread plz!!!!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Verelios

Oh my, yeah Kristoffer and I are on the same scum team trying to mislynch townies.

And yes there's absolutely an alliance going on, it's like very obvious can't you see?

Your reads are on point!

giphy.gif

Pack it up Kris, we've been busted~

I didn't even know Seath was my scum buddy. I never read my role PM!

I've been messaging you in the scum thread! Dam it Kris, read the scum thread plz!!!!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Huh.

RetroMG

Hunters, these are your current votes:

nudull (1)
seath 649 (753)
freakinchair 697

mickd (1)
kalor 679

weemadarthur (1)
roytheone 680

hobohodo (1)
zippedpinhead 718
kristoffer 730 (747)

squidyj (1)
camjo-z 627

freakinchair (1)
kristoffer 747 (761)
kristoffer 761

haly (1)
seath 753

mazre (1)
squidyj 602 (648)
squidyj 704

never forever (1)
palmer_v1 613

kristoffer (0)
haly 612 (749)

kalor (0)
zippedpinhead 619 (718)

seath (0)
seath 634 (649)
squidyj 648 (704)

verelios (0)
kristoffer 639 (730)

What of those who have not voted, you ask?
Perhaps you should find your own answers.

Wait, damn, that was Dark Souls, not Bloodborne.

It's day two. Your pass has expired.

Vote: II-Vanguard-II

Please name your top 3 scummiest players in your opinion, and likewise towniest.

squidyj

I didn't even know Seath was my scum buddy. I never read my role PM!

That's the best way to win.
I'm okay with lynching Haly but I want town to take a real close look at Mazre. He hasn't really done anything except have some unfortunate voting habits in day 1. His contributions have been... well, what contributions really? He switched his vote from the leading alternative to ri'orius only after ri'orius was already ahead in votes with momentum.

All of this and I'm the only one going in on him. If Mazre is town and you're on the scum team why don't you jump on this lynch? He's actually a very easy target and could be a good way to secure a mislynch today if he's town but I'm the only one pushing him which suggests to me that he's scum and after losing one of their own on day 1 the scum team is too afraid of going down 2 to bus their teammate.

So all the town members should take a real hard look at Mazre and give him more thought than one line in a reads list.

Flame_AC

I'm thinking about just posting my thoughts on the game here as I make my way through the thread, it'll give y'all a chance to see where my head is in regards to the activities of earlier game. Or would you all prefer I keep it to myself for now?

As of post ~250, NeverForever has caught my eye as being kind of scummy, Kristoffer just seems misguided.

Verelios

You know what, I'm going to place a vote on Kristoffer. I didn't want to because it would be a reaction to weird posting habits, but I'd like to prod him to explain his aforementioned theory. Cmon, even if Chair's theory didn't corroborate yours, share it instead of baiting it.

I'm reading him as neutral, but his interactions and deflection of attention to others really makes me wonder.

VOTE: Kristoffer

just an fyi, there were multiple scum factions which took turns for the NK in Cthulhu, which both GMs played, but it's all just pointless speculation for now

random observations from skipping over Ri(hanna)'Orius's postage

Being verbose isn't a scumtell. He's not being defensive, he's calmly acknowledging and accepting your suspicion.

I do kinda agree with Camjo that a No Lynch might be the way to go.

So many of Ri'Orius's (few) interactions link back to Camjo that it's incredibly unlikely that the two were working together, what with launching into the thread by defending him to squidy then all that weirdness with the No Lynch business. It's too overt and too direct, and furthermore it's too agreeable and chummy. I won't be voting for Camjo unless there's evidence of multiple scum factions.

On that note, Seath, I calmly acknowledge and accept your suspicion. I'm kinda with you on this: without any real information to go on, just throwing out a vote and seeing what sticks makes sense.

My understanding is that people like voting history to reflect your thoughts on who is scum. I don't think No Lynch is scum. I also don't think Seath is scum, but I think policy lynching him is a tactically smart play. If I thought either No Lynch or Seath would happen I'd vote for them, but since they're not I'm putting my vote on one of my best guesses for scum, in the interests of giving other players that insight into my current suspicions.

(and to be clear: I don't think Seath is scum, but I don't think he's not scum. I have no read on him for obvious reasons)

I do think Seath's enigmatic playstyle is anti-Town. Yeah, sure, funsies or whatever, but being intentionally obtuse and suspicious all the time is a useful cloak for the times when you actually roll scum. I'd support a policy lynch against him, but it looks like his antics amuse enough people that that's not going to happen.

Seath's playstyle is anti-town. If he consistently executes it in every game he plays, yeah he'll only be scum some of the time, but when he is scum he'll be a damn good one because nobody can read him. Meanwhile when he's town, his playstyle will be at best neutral for town, if not detrimental to it by muddying the waters. When people completely rule out voting for Seath because he's unreadable, that's a problem.

amount of words wasted makes me lean Town on Seath for the time being, too strong a relationship established

Yeah, Nudull's "I have some thoughts [that I won't share for now]" post was weird and unhelpful, but I can't really fathom why a scum would think it's a good idea (plus he's a first timer, so I'm not going to vote for him D1 anyway). Yeah, it's sketchy for Haly to claim, but at the same time "vanilla town" really isn't much of a claim at all (as he said, it's kinda the implicit default state). Yeah, weemad has been kinda weirdly aggressive, but that's probably more of a "poke around for information" thing than a "get the sheep to bandwagon a townie" thing. Yeah, Kris's "my role PM says" line seems like a "How do you do, fellow townies"-style overcompensation, but I don't honestly expect a scum to make a mistake like that (except maybe for a complete newbie). Yeah, inactivity is a sign of scumminess, but it's also a sign of not having information to go on, which is common among the townies, while the scum are the (generally) the only people who actually have information and incentive to guide discussion at this stage in the game.
There is nothing specific, just a gut reaction I had to seeing his posts. Looking back I recall 201 being sketchy and forced-looking, which probably soured me on him early. I don't see much else that I can really say about him, although his activity level does seem to be in that middle-of-the-road area that I tend to associate with scum. If I'm being honest I also wanted to avoid looking like I was bandwagoning someone else. As Palmer said here, if the whole point of D1 is gaining information, it's better to have a wider vote spread.

OTOH, his creation of plausible deniability and umming and aahing over Nudull, Haly, weemadarthur, Kristoffer gives me pause. Haly and Kristoffer were two of the main names up for discussion in D1, but Nudull only really gets focused on by Hobohodo and his final selection of weemad for reasons that seemed arbitrary is interesting because he's really the one that puts weemad up as a possibility for lynch, even if no-one bites. The vote was done in a throwaway manner and the voter sounded so unconvinced by his own argument that it wouldn't gain any traction, and could be read as scum trying to create distance by having something in the back of the pocket if weemad flipped and Ri needed something to get out of a jam.

He argues it away as being a 'gut reaction' but obviously scum don't have gut reactions, they have all the intel, and have to make considered and informed decisions about who they vote for and draw attention to, and of Ri'Orius's votes D1 (II-Vanguard-II, weemadarthur, Freakinchair, Kristoffer), the first two when he was under no real pressure are probably the most interesting because they were self-driven rather than self-preserving

I'm going to look back over weemad's posts and see how I feel

Kevyt

just an fyi, there were multiple scum factions which took turns for the NK in Cthulhu, which both GMs played, but it's all just pointless speculation for now

random observations from skipping over Ri(hanna)'Orius's postage

I'm going to look back over weemad's posts and see how I feel

How do you think Ri'Orius feels now that you have called him Ri'hanna?

-.-

Flame_AC

As I get to the end of the first day, Squidy is leaving me with a good impression, while some of his posts are lore heavy, he's helpful and made some decent posts.

In all likelihood, I would have probably voted for Kristoffer or NF, maybe Ri'Orious if things get worse for him. I haven't gotten to the point where Ri'Orious seems like obvious scum to me yet, maybe it happens soon though. I really liked a point one person made about how his posts seemed very manufactured as if the scum chat was working on it with him. His unwillingness to commit to a vote target is also not good.

Flame_AC

That day end was mess, but one that managed to work out the best.

The Ezekiel kill makes a degree of sense in that he wasn't likely to be watched/protected and had made some quality posts. I was personally kind of leaning town on him based on that.

Flame_AC

On the topic of number of scum which I'm going through in start of Day 2 (Post ~630). The role seems to indicate that to me, by the 'they are not alone in this effort', that Ri'Orious has more partners. If there aren't more besides the recruitable, then I would bet that they were activated now as otherwise there would seemingly be no night kill. As people are mentioning, it does stand to reason that the wording of the win condition indicates possible third parties, probably killing roles if the extra scum wasn't activated.

Continuing on my prior mention of Squidy, his opening post for Day 2 was pretty good. No idea if he's onto anything in regards to the insight and power-up of roles with insight. He brought up Mazre, which has apparently skated by on like three posts, at least up to the point I'm out.

Seems almost too low of an activity to be scum, but I'm not putting that possibility away. A decent lynch candidate today pending on how the rest of my catch up goes.

Camjo-Z

Yeah, Squidyj brought up a good point about how insight might work but then everyone just slept on it.

I agree that there's some insight mechanic at play but I don't think it's related to the passage of time. That's not how insight works in BB and it doesn't make sense for the balance either. Dragging out the day helps maf get more powerful, so making quick decisions and turboing before the end of the day (which promotes bandwagoning and less critical thinking) is encouraged? Town gets the short end of that stick either way.

Flame_AC

I think it's less about not thinking and instead about being decisive like in these type of games. (Dunno, never played BB)

On the topic of number of scum which I'm going through in start of Day 2 (Post ~630). The role seems to indicate that to me, by the 'they are not alone in this effort', that Ri'Orious has more partners. If there aren't more besides the recruitable, then I would bet that they were activated now as otherwise there would seemingly be no night kill. As people are mentioning, it does stand to reason that the wording of the win condition indicates possible third parties, probably killing roles if the extra scum wasn't activated.

Continuing on my prior mention of Squidy, his opening post for Day 2 was pretty good. No idea if he's onto anything in regards to the insight and power-up of roles with insight. He brought up Mazre, which has apparently skated by on like three posts, at least up to the point I'm out.

Seems almost too low of an activity to be scum, but I'm not putting that possibility away. A decent lynch candidate today pending on how the rest of my catch up goes.

Flame,

I had a two day vote on Hobohodo. I genuinely thought he was scum along with Johnnyquicknives. Now we get you.

What do you think of Johnnyquicknives and kalor?

Verelios

I agree that there's some insight mechanic at play but I don't think it's related to the passage of time. That's not how insight works in BB and it doesn't make sense for the balance either. Dragging out the day helps maf get more powerful, so making quick decisions and turboing before the end of the day (which promotes bandwagoning and less critical thinking) is encouraged? Town gets the short end of that stick either way.
Oh yeah, of course. I was more talking about the connection between Scrafty's travel notes and bosses met with insight gained.

Flame_AC

Flame,

I had a two day vote on Hobohodo. I genuinely thought he was scum along with Johnnyquicknives. Now we get you.

What do you think of Johnnyquicknives and kalor?

Okay, so I can answer you in regards to JQK. Not really with kalor, as to be honest, I didn't even notice that they were playing. They were so rarely mentioned or posted as far as I saw that they made literally no impression on me, so sorry about that. I can search through later to try and get a better opinion, but this is what I have now that I'm caught up.

JQK is making decent posts, occasionally, he very rarely shows up, but when he does he seems to be caught up and makes informed posts. He hasn't had any kind of slip to make me think he might be scummy, but his low activity isn't actively helping town. He seems like a player who is more concerned with staying alive than finding scum. Generally, I only noticed him show up when he was a topic of discussion, then once people were satisfied with his presence, it dropped off again. So if I had to speculate, leaning town but perhaps a neutral just trying to stay low-key? Would need to see more posts from him to say either way, that or more flips.

Flame_AC

As for your bolded statement I'm basically already confirmed as town due to my votes on Ri'Orius and am using that knowledge to help us out in the best way I can. Let's put aside this illusion that I'm scum because it's literally impossible to be true.

This post by Freakinchair was ridiculous when I read it, so much that I made note of it. He's claimed a vig and yet it's literally impossible for him to be anti-town, we have no reason to believe that whatsoever. His claim in it of itself is more then likely true just based on the weird timing of it and attention to detail, but I don't think we really want to have a vig just running around for too much longer, so if not today, then soon.

However, while I'm fine with lynching Freakinchair today, I would rather go for someone who has contributed such a small amount it's criminal.

Vote: Mazre

Final vote on Ri'Orious screams scum trying to get onto the bandwagon before it is too late to try and get some town cred, posts have been muddled and haven't really furthered any scum finding. He is a lot like JQK actually, only showing up when explicitly called out or otherwise needed.

(Also, I know people have different activity levels, but I managed to pass like 5 players today in post count for the whole game, that's a problem.)

Mazre was like this in Archer. He's probably going to be replaced, too. You should put your vote on Freakinchair if that's how you really feel.

Kalor: you throw out a vote on Johnny day 1, he NEVER responds to your vote. He posts a read list and then disappears until the day before end of day for a vote. Now we all get busy (I know I was busy at end of day) but...

Johnnyquicknives: I don't like your vote or reads list from day 1. It seems very much like a "me too I'm on THIS conversation" because you are on this conversation just talking about it with all y'all scum churchgoers. Posting just enough to not be suspicious (except to me)

For now I'll throw a vote out on someone who hasn't posted yet.

Vote: johnnyquicknives

A vote like that doesn't merit direct response. He was rightly calling me out for inactivity, my posting was all the response needed.

Freakinchairs role claim seems unnecessary, right now I believe he made the kill (theres too high a chance of something around it being verifiable, now or in the future) but I'm not convinced that he's telling the truth about his role.
It seems way too bold a move for scum to make after losing Ri on day 1 so I think it leans town with an outside shot at neutral.
His brashness coming out with it makes me think he either:
1) Has lives and can be a bit fearless
2) Thinks the doctor will protect him (he seems convinced theres a doc due to no other night kills)
3) His night kill was one-shot and now he doesn't really care about surviving.

I'm thinking 3 is most likely but in any of the above scenarios I think we're better leaving him alone for tonight.

Regarding his read of the situation I'm less convinced. As others have mentioned there are just way too many possibilities: Were the mafia roleblocked? Was their target protected? did they manage to recruit someone? His information will likely become more useful in the coming days but right now theres not much I can get from it.

I don't like Kristoffers info tease. It seems too 'look at me' when, if the info was that fragile, he could easily have not mentioned it until he could reveal. Hinting so heavily that you have a power role doesn't seem like a very pro-town move on day 2.

I still stand by the feelings I posted yesterday about Rynam and Magum and unless I'm mistaken Vanguard hasn't posted at all yet, but the fact that they are still in means they must have responded to a prod. Hopefully they will all pop up a bit at some point during this day phase.

Mazre

When Ri'orius had flipped scum I was thinking you might be town. However, you're behavior continues to confound me. Back to a vote on Hobo (for what reason again?), your immediate switch after he's replaced suggests you had no actual suspicion and are looking to just appear pro-active. Then you jump on Chair whose actions and arguments have been in my view consistent with town play from the start.

This post by Freakinchair was ridiculous when I read it, so much that I made note of it. He's claimed a vig and yet it's literally impossible for him to be anti-town, we have no reason to believe that whatsoever. His claim in it of itself is more then likely true just based on the weird timing of it and attention to detail, but I don't think we really want to have a vig just running around for too much longer, so if not today, then soon.

However, while I'm fine with lynching Freakinchair today, I would rather go for someone who has contributed such a small amount it's criminal.

Vote: Mazre

Final vote on Ri'Orious screams scum trying to get onto the bandwagon before it is too late to try and get some town cred, posts have been muddled and haven't really furthered any scum finding. He is a lot like JQK actually, only showing up when explicitly called out or otherwise needed.

(Also, I know people have different activity levels, but I managed to pass like 5 players today in post count for the whole game, that's a problem.)

Nice drive-by analysis right there. I like how you didn't include why I said there's no way I'm scum. I guess you forgot the part where I was voting for mafia all day in day 1 and then immediately switched back to him partially endangering myself when I could have just kept a self preservation vote on Kristoff?

As for Mazre - he is also on my radar but I'm sticking with nudull for now. In fact I think everyone should be voting for Nudull because of how hard I'm reading them as scum.

I'm going to be gone for most of the day so I'll post this now but I really think we need to come to some sort of a consensus before the last minutes of the end of the day. I am partially distressed at how little discussion there is of peoples post histories in day 1... a lot of diversion. Also, Kristoff, unless you really want to lynch a townie player over whatever far fetched scenario you've got in your head I would suggest switching your vote. Even if I was a neutral, which I'm not, lynching me isn't going to help Town win. I'm going to re-post my "90% likely to be town" list and I really think we should pick someone not on this list, or in my suspect list, and stick with it. I can give analysis later on why those people are on my sus list (you already have my Nudull account) but look at their post histories wrt Ri'Orius and you'll see why they're there.

95% townie or secondary faction to mafia or neutral:
Myself (Voted for Ri'Orius at the beginning and stuck to it until the end)
Seath (Voted for Ri'Orius at the beginning, changed and revoted for him to force a tie again)
Squidyj (Midway through day 1 voted for Ri'Orius when basically a tie was present)
Palmer_v1 (Near the end of day 1 votes for Ri'Orius when bandwagon starts against me)
roytheone (Starts the bandwagon on Ri'Orious in the final minutes)
Kristoffer (Hops on immediately)
Kalor (Forces Ri'Orius to have the majority)
The rest are possibly scum bandwagons

Suspicious List:
Nudull
Weemadarthur
Haly
flatearthpandas

I'll be back later tonight to join the discussion.

When Ri'orius had flipped scum I was thinking you might be town. However, you're behavior continues to confound me. Back to a vote on Hobo (for what reason again?), your immediate switch after he's replaced suggests you had no actual suspicion and are looking to just appear pro-active. Then you jump on Chair whose actions and arguments have been in my view consistent with town play from the start.

Also, Kristoff, unless you really want to lynch a townie player over whatever far fetched scenario you've got in your head I would suggest switching your vote.
Oh yeah???!? Well... maybe I have no fucking clue what I'm doing! Have you ever thought of that?!

Unvote: Freakinchair

However many scum teams, we can probably depend on there being at least 6 more scum I figure. Kills do not support multiple teams unless Holy Church was only two and three lost partner never activates.

Chair claims vig kill, implying that mafia was blocked. Likely chair is checked tonight, roleblocker/jailor/escort/whatevs keeps target. Likely doctor is on chair. If chair is scum, he's locked down a bunch of roles tonight, but likely signed his own warrant for no good reason. So i figure he's probably town. His flavor kind of rubs me the wrong way though. Silver versus quicksilver bullets. Also, chair's story demands that there be multiple scum factions since he claims to be hunting beasts, which Ri'Orius was not. Unless we were insanely lucky and blocked two kills last night, multiple factions seems unlikely. I could see Chair being a neutral though. If his task is hunting beasts, it seems he has a different win condition than the rest of us. What if these targets of his are among the town? He claims to have killed Zeke because Zeke was defending Ri'Orius, which would add up if Ri'Orius was one of Chair's targets... but he isn't.

Anyway, we might also want to think about where to direct Chair's kill tonight, or if we want him to shoot at all. So we need lynch votes and targets.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Vote: NeverForever

Lots of words, not as much conviction, bandwagon'd Ri'orius at the end of day 2. Just kind of poking and prodding at things.

Top Bottom