• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bar MAFIA |OT| There's Gonna Be Shots

Actually fuck it, doing highlight tags sucks on mobile

If I get lynched before I wake up I'll be pissed that I didn't do everything I could to try and save you from yourselves

so

VOTE: WhereAreMahDragonz

I don't like nin's post today at all. He brags about inactivity and all he offers is mostly fluff. Even though he posts more than most, he isn't very helpful in getting this thread moving. He has gained my suspicion for now.

I've only just read this Day, I still lack the knowledge of Day1. Who claimed what up to this point?

@Dragonz
Hello again, I just subbed in so would you kindly answer some question for me even if you already responded to them earlier?

What's your role name? Your alignment? From whom do you get your "missions"? Is there more than one each night you can choose from? Why do you go on missions anyway? What was your task last night? At first it sounded like you planted a permanent bug in the bathroom from the beginning, but later you claimed it was because of your decision last night?
You listened to how many players? Did you get actual text sections? Your life is at stake here, you have to try hard to distinguish fluff from useful information. If you claim that you heard nothing but a "deep voice" and "bruh" a lot, that's hardly helping us.

@Retroid are you here? Who do you suspect atm? You are on low activity and inclined to let Dragonz live for now? Are you in cahoots with her? Is this your scum plan to save her?

If Retroid ever turns out to be scum, we have to kill nin. It's the little and subtle slips, but this here is pretty obvious:

While nin does include Retroid in his list, he clearly wants to divert attention away from him, before it can get any traction whatsoever.

I'm wary of Ourobolus because I only know him as the mad mod and don't know what to think of him. Looks like a typical smart-ass who could very well jerk us around.

And my favourite shitposter is doing his shtick as usual. Last time I wasn't convinced to follow through on it, but if you go on to play like you do I want you lynched Kyan.

1. Role is the mysterious patron
2. Town aligned
3. I am sent them via a handler, unknown. It's mentioned in the flavor that I recieve communications and guidance through an earpiece
4. There is only one mission per night and I cannot choose it. I can only choose my own action in reponse to it
5. Why do I go on missions? It's just part of the role and I didn't design it so I can't really answer that
6. My task last night started out with me receiving intel that several suspicious figures were seen heading into the bathroom / somewhere in the back of the bar. It then asked how I would like to proceed, and I sent in an action according to that. There was some flavor about maybe being discovered if I were to fail.
7. The bugging was the result of what I chose to do
8. I don't know exactly how many, it's never specified. But from the way things are worded I would say 2 or 3.
9. Yes, I got actual text sections. I'm not going to quote the actual dialogue because it breaks a rule but I paraphrased a bit of it in my earlier posts.

Swamped

Banned
giphy.gif

Are we having a "whale" of a time?

Kyanrute

Read what I said to nin, kyan. I acknowledge it wasn't necessarily the best move, and right now without truly compelling alternate suspects I will probably end up on dragonz again before the day is over. But I'm trying. She's not the only scum, and unvoting would allow me to gauge more reactions. It's not like there's not enough time to vote her again. And believe me if I could one-man lynch her I would. Also, tbh, it seemed like the active folks weren't seeing what I was seeing, and so to press the issue even further would most likely result in a mislynch like we had yesterday, when a bunch of you fools voted for AB.

Don't think that I've forgotten you were a part of the AbsolutBro lynch parade, with two of my top scum suspects, dragonz and exo. In fact, going by Timeaisis' analysis, you were the one to basically start the big bandwagon over to him in the first place. Wouldn't shock me if there were three scum on that list trying to make sure dragonz doesn't get what's coming to her.

PS, how do you feel about Retroid now? He was your first pick yesterday and you went to a second (and then third) choice. Also, you asked him today why we shouldn't kill him, and unless I missed it (and I may have), he hasn't answered you, and you haven't pressed him on it.

Why?

You seem extremely reactionary, first with the unvote and then now with the vote again. You think that it is the best to hound dragonz, then suddenly change and then change again. You try to justify this with your words but your actions are all over the place. Pressing the issue would lead to a mislynch, you say, and then you press the issue. You say one thing and do another.

The whole AbsolutBro thing reads like a silly threat, trying to make me look bad instead of making yourself look better. I have explained my reasoning in regards the Absoluttrain and if you have something more to ask, please do so.

The thing with questions is that asking the question can be enough. Silence in itself can be a valid answer, like in this case. Retroid is on my lynch shortlist but for today I'd prefer lynching a more active candidate, if possible. While inactivity can be a good place for a scum to hide, an inactive mislynch gives very little in terms of information. Lynching a more active player, more connected player such as yourself for example, should give some information, even if you end up being the ordinariest of all townies.

Nin stop antagonizing me, I was clearly testing the waters with you. The lack of any interest in this conversation is very interesting. Even more interesting that everyone chose to ignore anything I said.

Neither crab nor Dragonz answered my question. While Dragonz promised an answer later, she decided to opt out. Crab however gives a pretty common low key presence, which is acceptable for one day, but still he has the time to inform us, yet ignores one simple question from me. Don't like this at all.

Now people prefer to draw whales. Great game.

I urge everyone to take a look at batsnacks, of course it's a gut feel, but I'd rather vote him out today. Timetokill is also a good option.

I did not ignore you silly. I even wrote a shitpost to you. I have a gut feel on batsnacks as well, wouldn't mind killing him.

I don't know what's "sudden" about it. I put in a lot of time and posted a lot here to try and get conversation going. It would've been extremely easy for me to just lay low like half the bar has been doing today but I actually don't think that's a winning strategy for town. And just as you can get info from silence, I can get it from reactions to my unvote. It seems as valid a move as any in trying to gauge reactions and thoughts. is imagine scum would react very differently to it than town, for instance.

Meanwhile,
I'm not sure what so many people are doing being so quiet but it's not good.

Kyanrute

I don't know what's "sudden" about it. I put in a lot of time and posted a lot here to try and get conversation going. It would've been extremely easy for me to just lay low like half the bar has been doing today but I actually don't think that's a winning strategy for town. And just as you can get info from silence, I can get it from reactions to my unvote. It seems as valid a move as any in trying to gauge reactions and thoughts. is imagine scum would react very differently to it than town, for instance.

Meanwhile,
I'm not sure what so many people are doing being so quiet but it's not good.

I see. Did you get the reactions you were hoping for? What were you hoping for? I imagine you got something, since you put your vote back on dragonz.

Catvoca

Banned
Ttk, you have this alarming habit of immediately suspecting whoever suspects you of being scum. As soon as I said I thought you were scum you said you thought I was scum. Same with Kyanrute. It comes across as overly defensive. Your unvote is similar, like you felt you were under pressure so you panicked and change your vote. Actually ever since I voted for you you've only done stuff that's made me feel even stronger about you being scum.

Some random reads (on mobile so please forgive any spelling mistakes).

Ouro seems town to me, just with an unusual posting style that doesn't always help town. Especially yesterday, that was bonkers wtf. I think he has good intentions though, Day 1 he was really trying.

Retroid seems like either a townie who doesn't want to play mafia or scum putting on an act. I lean town for now, but he's not helping town much regardless.

Bat snacks seemed town to me day 1 but I'm less sure today. I haven't liked his Day 2 posts much at all.

Kyan seems to agree with me on today's vote, both in regards to ttk and lynching someone active today. I'm hoping that's because he's town and we think alike right now, but I don't trust him just yet.

Ttk correctly pointed out how under the radar timeaisis is (He actually said the same about me and he is correct in that regard, seems like people have mostly ignored me). It's crazy how little attention he's gotten compared to the amount he's posted. His posts seem pretty good, but I'm keeping an eye on him.

Crab's been way too quiet since his claim. I'd like to hear more from him.

nin1000

Banned
Ttk, you have this alarming habit of immediately suspecting whoever suspects you of being scum.
That's not true since I had a decent to normal conversation with him even though I had an still have a vote on him.

Some random reads (on mobile so please forgive any spelling mistakes).

Ouro seems town to me, just with an unusual posting style that doesn't always help town. Especially yesterday, that was bonkers wtf. I think he has good intentions though, Day 1 he was really trying.
How can you say that his posting style was bonkers yesterday but today it's less bonkers?

Retroid seems like either a townie who doesn't want to play mafia or scum putting on an act. I lean town for now, but he's not helping town much regardless.
Ok? Hmmm

Catvoca

Banned
How can you say that his posting style was bonkers yesterday but today it's less bonkers?

His posts with zee were yesterday for me.

Your vote on ttk was without giving any real reason which is why I suspect he didn't accuse you. Could be wrong about that though, he still comes off as very defensive to me.

cabot

dick physics do not follow logical rules in this bar.

VOTE TALLY:

timetokill (3)
ourobolus 1274
catvoca 1434
nin1000 1608 (1668)
kyanrute 1643

zeemumu (0)
nin1000 1335 (1410)

wherearemahdragonz (3)
barrylocke 1383
timeaisis 1461
timetokill 1480 (1566)
timetokill 1651

crab (0)
gorlak 1396 (1421)
salvapot 1397 (1458)

retroid (0)
nin1000 1410 (1431)

nin1000 (0)
gorlak 1421 (1430)

batsnacks (1)
gorlak 1430

kyanrute (0)
nin1000 1431 (1608)

lone_prodigy (0)
hyperactivity 1452 (1455)

ourobolus (4)
salvapot 1458
dusk soldier 1473
zeemumu 1490
retroid 1571

theexodu5 (1)
batsnacks 1471

catvoca (1)
nin1000 1668

11 votes for majority.

Day 2 ends:
gre_1466283600.png

Gorlak

Banned
HOLD ON NIN. WTF

I demand a modkill. Cabot: Nin deserves to die. Whatever pm we may or may not have exchanged during HP, as a former (pretty shitty) mod you're bound by law and honer to not reveal any info from these past games. You broke your sacred oath you once swore. You're a disgrace to all of gafia, please go die.

// Can you please stop pissing at my leg? Try to play the game for once, nin.

Hey Kyan, I tried to ignore your shitpost. Sadly I want batsnacks gone before you, but I'll keep my eye on you. Do you want a shot?

Gorlak

Banned
The more I think about it, the more I'm pissed off by nin. Of course I wasn't being serious, but using a previous modding experience - where he obviously was in the superior position and supported me all the way - to discredit me in this game here? Come on, stay fair. You are better than this.

What's most infuriating is that you are straight up lying. You liked my play and you had my back in that game. We shared a connection. I've previously referred to this in Love Boat.

Nin loves me

The question is, why do you lie? Are you still angry I drew attention to you? Do you want me to lose my focus? Is batsnacks this important to you? I'm getting the feeling I'm onto something and you're trying to distract me.

Gorlak

Banned
Ouro why are people voting you? I've seen nothing from you today, besides a little breadcrumb. What have you done Day 1?

TheExodu5

Banned
Well, okay, let's go through the options.

1. [Crab = scum, Dusk = town]
Crab uses his ability and determines he's town. Tells everyone that Dusk is town. What does that get him? I guess it gets town to believe Crab is town also. But Crab already has this information, so would it be more useful to use on somebody to discover a role? I'd find it strange for scum to be given a power that tells them scum/town affiliation, as it's purely a distraction. Maybe that's common, but I'll I hadn't considered it.

2. [Crab = town, Dusk = scum]
I can't see any reason why he would say Dusk is town if he's scum and he knows it. This option is out.

3. [Crab = town, Dusk = town]
The option everyone assumes, because it's the simplest. Crab has an ability that helps town determine affiliation of another player, out in the open. Makes sense for town to have that ability. It's a happy birthday message, which appears to be successful based on the return message.

4. [Crab = scum, Dusk = scum]
Crab uses his ability to give Dusk some cover. Could be, as we've noted before. But it seems hasty to use that right at the beginning of the day. Dusk did say "Thank you! You remembered!" as opposed to "wtf," but he could've just been playing along. In this case he's got a lot of work to do because he says he has a bunch of other abilities, which means we're going to be asking for a lot of info, which keeps him in the spotlight. Could be a really excellent scum if he could pull that off.

So gimme your thoughts, Exo. It's true that everyone seemed to eventually end up at 3, but I don't think it was "without thinking." Questions were posed to him. Where are you leaning? You seem to have a gut feeling against him. Why?

Who says Crab's power was a cop power at all? For all we know the power was just to have Kawl put up a Birthday message. We're just going off of Crab's word that the power was a 1 shot cop.

TheExodu5

Banned
Oh wait...Dusk said Thank You, You Remembered? I may have missed that. That's...weird. Dusk, does this mean you can somehow corroborate Crab's power?

Yeah, all the votes on Ouro are basically shitposts. I'm surprised he's got so many.

Just realized something. Crab, why did you use your cop power on day 2? Were you not worried about Dusk and you dying quickly?

Actually, crab using his power, especially a cop power, so early bothers me
It bothers me alot

VOTE: Crab

He exposed himself, and got a confirmed townie that will be just another target scum can go after. He could have gone for a more contentious player later in the game and been of more use.

Plus, the highlighted command doesn't mean he is town, in Harry Potter, scum team was planning to use a rendered useless day command, INFLUENCE, to try and pull off a fake claim.

The Crab issue should be resolvable if he can provide us with more information tomorrow. Can you do that Crab?

This sn't a question about his role. This is a question of him playing it, if it's legitimate, based off of what we know, stupidly. And this coming from crab, who (and this does not relate to activity) I honestly consider one of the better and most experienced players in the game. I'm not accepting "OOPS?" for answer here.

Ourobolus

Banned
This sn't a question about his role. This is a question of him playing it, if it's legitimate, based off of what we know, stupidly. And this coming from crab, who (and this does not relate to activity) I honestly consider one of the better and most experienced players in the game. I'm not accepting "OOPS?" for answer here.

if it is a day cop role, using it earlier is a viable strategy as it "confirms" another player

you of all people should know this, mr. tilton

Kyanrute

I'd disagree with calling the play stupid. Safe or conservative, sure.

I'd disagree with calling the play stupid. Safe or conservative, sure.

Why not? He had a cop power, used it on day 2, revealed himself to be a power role, putting a target on his head, and then got us a confirmed townie, on DAY TWO. We might not even have a chance for Dusk to survive enough nights to ever be useful.

His read on dusk isn't even that strong. Yesterday, when he made his initial vote, he listed dusk as one of his scum, but he then voted for absolutbro. It wasn't like he couldn't have tried to get the vote to swing towards dusk soldier: plenty of people had suspected him, and there weren't too many votes consolidating yet

if it is a day cop role, using it earlier is a viable strategy as it "confirms" another player

you of all people should know this, mr. tilton

Really? If it hadn't been for 1 of the protective roles in a game where town had more protective roles, we would've poisoned that confirmed townie immediately. As it was, we still got nin in Election before it was ever too great of a threat.

On top of that, that saved us from making a day 1 mislynch. Hoorah!

Kyanrute

Why not? He had a cop power, used it on day 2, revealed himself to be a power role, putting a target on his head, and then got us a confirmed townie, on DAY TWO. We might not even have a chance for Dusk to survive enough nights to ever be useful.

His read on dusk isn't even that strong. Yesterday, when he made his initial vote, he listed dusk as one of his scum, but he then voted for absolutbro. It wasn't like he couldn't have tried to get the vote to swing towards dusk soldier: plenty of people had suspected him, and there weren't too many votes consolidating yet

I'll answer this after Crab has explained himself, as in not to give him an ready answer.

Alright then, found the reasoning behind the 4 votes for ttk, nin1000 switched. Going through ttk because that seems to be where the votes are going right now

he thinks wamd smells like scum already
doubting so early is weird to me
and i read him as scum yesterday

Ourobolus - what makes ttk, over the others who still suspected WAMD as scum, so suspicious? Again, a ton of people have doubted WAMD's claim.

Welcome to the game Gorlak, good to have someone coming in and posting a lot, even if it comes across as maybe a bit overly aggressive IMO. I guess with so many people barely posting that might be what we need? Anyway, it's good to have you!

So my thoughts on lynching someone is that we should lynch one of the more active posters this time. Day 1 we lynched an inactive and it was basically a failure. We hit town, got very little information and forced Exodu5 into a role-claim. I don't want to be in day 3 with barely any info again. I'm sure there's scum hiding in the inactives but I think we can deal with them later and focus on trying to hit scum with players who've posted a bit more, that way if we hit town we at least have something more to work with.

Looking at the active posters, WhereAreMahDragonz is my biggest scum read, I don't quite believe her role claim yet and I've posted my thoughts on her bandwagoning previously. I still do think we should probably leave her alive for another night and see if she gets any information that could prove her role day 3.

So, putting aside Dragonz I would probably lynch Timetokill. I've gotten a scummy vibe off of him for a while. He bandwagoned on my Dragonz vote almost immediately, and this was after posting very little else in the thread. We've seen him (and batsnacks for that matter) try and pressure Exodu5 into revealing more about his role in a way that could benefit scum. He's also just generally posted a decent amount but not had that much content in his posts, and this could be could be scum trying to appear active. There's a couple of other smaller things too. Like Hyper asked him a bunch of questions in post 1000 but TTK just never answered them. He actually didn't post at all on the final day, which I find suspicious. His reply to me 2 pages ago struck me as a little funny too, like he was trying to deflect from me questioning whether the Forger role could be a scum role. So overall I just get the feeling that he could be scummy. A small plus to lynching ttk is that if he flips scum it means Dragonz is probably town as they have been at eachother's throats most of the game.

So for now I'm going to put a tentative vote on TTK.

Vote: timetokill

That's just what I'm thinking right now, I'm interested in hearing other people's thoughts on who they think we should lynch. We've got only got like a little over a day left and there's been no movement from anyone to discuss lynch candidates until Gorlak showed up, so I'd like to see where everyones thoughts are regarding this day phases lynch.
Bandwagon vote is a legitimate point, and still weird
On pressuring exo, went back and found the post

Yeah, people are being awfully quiet. What's the deal?

Exo, is there anything you can say that would help prove you're town? Reasons being:

- You could just as easily be scum or town, I wouldn't rule out a scum bartender

- Bartender is a really easy role to guess going into a bar game, although I note it could be risky if somebody else has it... still, breadcrumbing it seems like a clear thing to do, and could easily be planned out by a scum team as a fake claim

- Your vote to tie still comes off as suspicious, even with your reasoning. If you're scum and both WAMD and AB are town, then you'd want to wash your hands of it and let somebody else make the deciding votes either way, and it wouldn't matter to you

And of anything, he seems to take good care that exo have the option to reveal what he wanted to. To the others this might be irrelevant, but I know I pressured him far more than that on his role.

Eh, activity and content wise, our top posters have a ton of fluffy/meaningless posts, and ttk is in the fairly active range even if you only consider his posts with content (his fluff posts are also easier to tell apart when you search for his posts, which is nice)

His reply to not answering my questions seem legitimate, at least for today. If he wasn't there the final day, I imagine he wouldn't have had much time to answer then, and I can believe him forgettign them. Him answering them now is fairly useless though

Forger issue is pretty stupid, he brought up that it was probably a part of a neutral pair, and I'm pretty sure I agree with him on that. Seems decently obvious based off of KK's posts

Not really, no. I think his earliest vote was a bit weird, but I could easily see a scum WAMD and ttk setting up that bus. You can't even say that he forced WAMD to reveal and so they can't be bussing each other, because iirc, he wasn't in the thread the last hour, and hell, a scum pair WAMD might have taken the fact that ttk couldn't switch into consideration when revealing.

What! I mean who should I rather vote out then. The last page with that strange unvote of yours concerns me :/. I mean you contributed a lot the last day and appreciated it but I can't get the feeling out of my body that you are hiding something sinister.

Since you are here now and I still have round about 90 minutes left. Let's talk about our shall we? Or something you want to timetokill. I mean let's keep the conversation going.

Brings up the unvote, which I also had found weird. I will say, although his reasoning to not vote WAMD now seems good, this is the main thing that might point to ttk being scum for me; it could be indicative of ttk getting advice from other scum members to back down, find a more reasonable position.

I went over all of ttk’s posts since he seems like the hot thing right now. There was a fair amount of them but now, after reading it all, I find that I don’t really remember any of it. It all seems to lack substance somewhat. He is very fond of dragonz at least so there is that. And then he unvotes her, after being more than 80% confident that she is scum. Oh. The lack of substance was not enough in my opinion, this very fact kept him outside my own scum lists, because that could be attributed to many others as well and some of those others lack it way more. But the unvote, oh the unvote.

By your own words, you have been hounding dragonz the whole game. You want her dead, you have said so much yourself. Why unvote then, when she clearly is under fire. Many would be open to lynching her. And then the chairman of the dragonzslaying committee backs down, over a single post. You feel confident that if dragonz does not die today, she dies tomorrow. Why does a town player who is claiming to be nearly certain about their read back down and accept a possible mislynch instead of their own strong scum read? If you see a scum, you lynch them, you do not keep them alive.

VOTE: timetokill

Addressed this above. I think his position about waiting until day 3 is legitimate, and him saying that in a way to imply that we'll agree with him then (and that the vote for her today isn't going anywhere) might be a good reason for him to retract, but, again, I have a feeling (and I wish to clarify, I don't trust gut reads of mine too much, they are pretty historically terrible, I can never spectate a game and identify scum) that his change might have been influenced by another scum teammate

Gonna go back and look through the unvote, his reply to me, and also the big WAMD post on him as well because I'm 99% sure she's gonna be voting for him

Actually, I'm surprised she hasn't voted for him....

Timeaisis

Oh my god you guys decide to post everything while I'm sleeping huh. OK need to get up and I'll be reading soon.

I will say that the ouro votes do not make sense to me, either.

Ourobolus

Banned
Ourobolus - what makes ttk, over the others who still suspected WAMD as scum, so suspicious? Again, a ton of people have doubted WAMD's claim.
i didn't like that he basically came out an nonchalantly said "smells like scum to me"
half-hearted comment meant to look like he gave a damn but still not committing to anything

Looking through the ouro votes

Salva has to be trolling, and it's day 2 of him doing nothing much but trolling iirc. Honestly, I might be fine with going after him, if only to see his defense, cause I know he's abtter player

Same with dusk, with that hilarious post. Also, ahs he posted much today?

zeemumu is the only I feel is semi-legitimate, but I sorta want to chalk that up to it being an initial read, and basic suspicion of higha ctivity. Zeemumu, what are your current reads atm?

Retroid....

I'm not even fucking talking about it. Stupidest shit ever.

nin1000

Banned
The more I think about it, the more I'm pissed off by nin. Of course I wasn't being serious, but using a previous modding experience - where he obviously was in the superior position and supported me all the way - to discredit me in this game here? Come on, stay fair. You are better than this.

Indeed I am better than you.
tumblr_nn1nznruW41s9gsm7o1_r5_500.gif

What's most infuriating is that you are straight up lying. You liked my play and you had my back in that game. We shared a connection. I've previously referred to this in Love Boat.

Nin loves me

The question is, why do you lie? Are you still angry I drew attention to you? Do you want me to lose my focus? Is batsnacks this important to you? I'm getting the feeling I'm onto something and you're trying to distract me.

If you want batsnacks dead go and vote for him. I still don't see a vote from you on him. You Sure talk a lot bit don't even dare to do something.

Oh and btw

TheExodu5

Banned
Actually, crab using his power, especially a cop power, so early bothers me
It bothers me alot

VOTE: Crab

He exposed himself, and got a confirmed townie that will be just another target scum can go after. He could have gone for a more contentious player later in the game and been of more use.

Plus, the highlighted command doesn't mean he is town, in Harry Potter, scum team was planning to use a rendered useless day command, INFLUENCE, to try and pull off a fake claim.

HP is exactly what is making me think that the command was just fluff. It might in fact have been an alignment check, but everyone just bought it without asking any questions.

Really, I wonder why the alignment check would be used day 1. And having been used, what's the purpose in revealing that information right away? It just puts a target on both of their backs.

I think there's a strong possibility that this is a gambit on Crab's part. The question is, will we see more day commands from Crab? I'd like more of an explanation.

Vote: Crab

Nah, I don't want an explanation of more of his role at this point, as much of an explanation of why the hell he did what he did/what his rationale was?

Ok, a command that does nothing in truth..... no, I don't see it, because I doubt, barring a scum Dusk and Crab, that crab would just let dusk off the hook like that.

But a command that did do something that's not necessarily a cop claim, but gives crab info, I could see

Timeaisis

OK, so we're all over the place, again.

Timetokill - Doesn't strike me as particularly scummy like everyone else. I will say he seems quick to react to attacks against him. But he is a new player, and new players tend to do that. So I don't really have a strong read one way or another.

Ouro - People seem to be voting against his posting style instead of his scummyness. Which is stupid. Currently I read him as town, but I'm not married to the idea. I definitely don't want to lynch him today.

WAMD - Seems to have somehow deflected some of the accusations against her today by people focusing on the wrong people (like Ouro). Still seems very scummy to me. However, I think we can let her live another day to see if she gets any good info for us. If not, we can discuss lynching her. Reads scummy to me, but we can see what her role yields tomorrow.

Crab - I think we're getting pretty big into conspiracy theories with this one. Sure, we don't really have proof that Crab is town, but we sure as hell don't have any information that would suggest he isn't. The "Happy Birthday" thing could be something other than a town confirmation, and we would have no idea. But he's obviously got a power role, and I feel it would've been awful stupid for a scum PR to come out so early: eif he's not lynched right, the fact that he's a PR is still out there, for us to consider. I read Crab as town. He could be a scum playing some shenanigans, but we have no reason to suspect that right now. We can ask Crab to use a power tonight that would more confirm his townyness.

Exodu5 - Still very scummy to me. Has been pretty quiet most of the day, but speaks up sometimes to contribute a little. He's been riding his bartender "claim" the whole day and no one seems to care about it.

Additionally, this just happened

HP is exactly what is making me think that the command was just fluff. It might in fact have been an alignment check, but everyone just bought it without asking any questions.

Really, I wonder why the alignment check would be used day 1. And having been used, what's the purpose in revealing that information right away? It just puts a target on both of their backs.

I think there's a strong possibility that this is a gambit on Crab's part. The question is, will we see more day commands from Crab? I'd like more of an explanation.

Vote: Crab
Asking crab for more info on his role. Haha. Cute, Exodu5. Why don't you tell us something about yourself first.

And then there's Retroid, who honestly I have absolutely no read for because he posts so little. But some people think he's scummy so I'll have to go back and look at some of his posts. That's all for now.

But, I'm moving off WAMD because I think she can survive another day and I'd like to see what info she gets tomorrow. Additionally, she's been pretty receptive today (even though she's still not explained her role very well) and been part of conversations.

That being said, back to my old flame, Exodu5. I know it seems like I've been obsessed with him the entire game, and while it's true, I still don't see anyone that is a better choice right now.

[highlght]VOTE: TheExodu5

but I'm just getting reaaaaaaaaaallllly frustrated with you and this witch hunt. So let's just recap a bit, shall we?

1. You drop a bullshit bandwagon vote on me immediately after Cat does.

2. You consider other people scum (actually, do you? Do you have any other viable reads as this point?) but you always come back to me for some reason. I get that I acted scummy. I didn't mean to but I had to do what I had to do. But i repeatedly offer explanations and information and yet it's like you don't even listen. Do you even read the thread, or do you just look for my avatar and go "YEP, she's scum!!!!"

3. Like, dude. Town works together to discuss things but you alllllllways seem to be on the outs with everyone else no matter how hard you try not to be. You're scum and you're a really bad actor.

4. You post just enough to make the appearance of being active with some fluff or whatever and then POOF. You vanish. You never contribute to ongoing discussions and instead post your own thoughts completely out of the blue. "I'M HELPING, GUYS!!!!!!!"

I'm just kind of sick of it. Believe me or not I've been honest about my role and everything I've said thus far. I have nothing left to lose. I probably won't make it past day three, let alone today, so when I do die and flip town, then guess who's gonna be primary suspect #1?

Hint: it's you.

1. Yup
2. Ttk does tunnel on you, and I agree with that I want to hear more from him. But couldn't tunneling just be a set-up for a bus? I wanna say, based on memory, you're right in that he doesn't address specific points behind your posts as uch, but your explanations and info don't just wave away the scum

3. This is bullshit. Complete bullshit

4. Other players do that, hell, I do that. And he is fairly active, it's not all fluff posting from him

5. If you flip town, that doesn't make him scum, sorry WAMD. Could easily be a town tunneling on a town thing.

Actually, you know what, I'm not sure I see much incentive for a scum ttk to continuously tunnel on WAMD. OF COURSE, that could also play a role in the unvote: scum ttk, trying to get comfortable in his role, decides to just focus on one target rather than go after everyone and open himself up. After a while, his teammates start telling him to ease up, find an opportunity to not put so much pressure.

This is the first time I've believed you all game. I still don't think you're town, but if you are scum you've certainly given yourself enough rope to hang yourself with. We'll see.

UNVOTE

You later say that you mean this is her first genuine post, which typically relates to the tone of the post. Notably, you haven't defended yourself much here, and I'm not sure if you ever gave a concrete response to WAMD, which I DO want to see.

Here's my reasoning. I think she was actually being honest as opposed to wiggling around, so at least for the content of that post she seemed fairly genuine. I think she's scum but I decided in the meantime to look at some other players and see if I could shake some other scum loose. If we're close near the end of the day I'll almost certainly put my vote back on her. But I'm sensing that town wants somebody else today and I'm determined to find the other scum anyway.

Anyway, here's the other stuff I'm looking at:

Since Ouro seems so intent on getting bandwagons started, I figured I'd look at his record. I mentioned earlier that I figured he was just a laser pointer trying to get people to flinch. Here's what I saw, and please correct me if I'm wrong:

245 mattyg
300 batsnacks
417 stackpoleh
433 batsnacks
490 timeaisis
624 mattyg
714 catvoca
716 timetokill
864 retroid
1274 timetokill

That's a lot of votes, and some of them separated by very few posts. Does this actually help town or does it obfuscate things? Is this a way to cover for later when he says "I always suspected X!" when they flip scum?

nin1000 said he was "barking for the sake of barking" in another game and that was what I first assumed, but I have to wonder.

Also TheExodu5 said he'd be opening up about his role but I haven't seen much of it since yesterday. He's not even on this page, and I wonder if he likes it that way. He keeps disappearing from the conversation. Also, the stuff batsnacks listed is on point, and I'm pretty sure batsnacks is town.

Lastly Retroid, a player I keep forgetting is even playing, his posts are so soft. Feels like he keeps sneaking up on me which isn't a good feeling.

Ok, I'll be honest here, I don't see how her being genuine relates to your unvote. You get she's annoyed in the post, that's for sure, but from what I can see, this doesn't relate to your LOGIC behind why you unvoted WAMD. The logic itself seems fine, she's given herself enough rope to hang, town isn't going that way, etc, but I don't see what about her post makes it such that you unvoted then, and not before. The logic could have been applied beforehand imo, what about you seeing her post as genuine (and not even discussing why that means anything)

My read on ttk? It hinges on my uneasiness around the unvote. Unlike the others, I don't think it in of itself is bad, his reasoning is sound. It's just my concern that this has to do with scum-mates giving ttk advice, what with the timing of his unvote, and what it's relation to WAMD's post, that makes me uneasy. At the same time, I'm also worried that I'm making a narrative in my head, and that this is all just a bunch of bs. Ironically enough, I would probably feel better about ttk had he stayed on WAMD XD.

I want ttk to go through, one by one, and attack/address the points WAMD has brought up to defend herself today, no more "I think she's scum"

So I'm tentatively scum-reading ttk, and if I have to in a last minute tiebreak type scenario, I would vote for him over anull read.

Top Bottom