• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Am i the only Nintendo fan who have as favourite genre of games shooters?

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Honest question, GAF.

What i mean for "Nintendo fan":
You'r favourite company MUST be Nintendo. So, if you like Sony / MS more, even if you like or even love some Nintendo games, you don't count.

So, yes, my favourite genre of games are shooters, Third person or First person.

I must admin that is only thanks Nintendo if this is my favourite genre, i can say that in 2015 and before that year, my favourite games were Mario and Pokémon, on par. Maybe Pokémon a bit more... and as favourite genre, platform and RPG were my pick.

Always liked shooters though, indeed i'm one of the little COD Nintendo comunity :p a very little comunity but very active, the fact that there are still over 1,000 players online on Black Ops II is something!

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClbAUtaWYAEVth7.jpg:large[/IMG]

Always played and bought COD on Nintendo, as COD all mulmultiplatform games released on GC / Wii / Wii U, not only shooters.

This just for saying that since ever i was not the "classic" Nintendo fan... but yeah, still, my favourite games were (and are) classic Ninty like Mario (3D, 2D, RPG series ecc), Pokémon, Smash Bros, Fire Emblem, ecc...

Then, 29 May 2015, the release of the Messiah. :p

Chronique-Art-Academy-Splatoon-14-27.jpg

This game changed everything lol. Favourite game ever.

Not at first, but right now i can say for sure this is my favourite game, and since that, my "love" for shooters is increased a lot. :p

If i must say what is my TOP 3 right now i would say:

1) Splatoon
2) Pokémon
3) Mario

As for what is my favourites genre:

1) Shooters
2) RPG
3) Platform

So... there are others Nintendo fans who have shooters as favourite genre? :D

maxcriden

Shooters are far from my favourite genre, but I'd definitely be interested to hear about some exclusive to Nintendo consoles that might have flown under the radar. Always eager to hae about games like that.

aBarreras

for me is kinda weird, since i couldnt say what is my favorite genre, it all depends on my mood, but yeah, im a nintendo fan, and i love 1st person shooters a lot, and 3rd person shooters as well

Me.

Nintendo consoles and games are my favourite in general, but I LOVE shooters.

My current favourite shooter is Halo 5, which I've been playing at least every other day since it launched.

I used to play a bunch of arena shooters back I'm the day on PC, and stuff like Serious Sam.

I don't play on PC anymore though, but I usually play a large variety of console shooters. Looking to get DOOM when it goes on sale.

Heck, this is why I rocked a Wiiu and Xbone this gen so far because there are no PS4 exclusive shooter franchises, and I need my Halo/Gears fix, and I can play multiplatform shooters that aren't on wiiu.

But like OP, I also love RPGs, so I'm planning on picking up a Neo for FF, No No Kuni, Nioh, etc.

Only shooter I like is Splatoon.

My favorite genre is monster-raising JRPGs. Not even JRPGs in general; just the ones where you raise monsters.

Nosgotham

shooters were my jam but not as much anymore. goldeneye, turok, perfect dark, halo, battlefield 2, cod4...then i started to feel the fatigue of the genre as they all strived to be the next call of duty. i lost all interest in shooters until Splatoon came out, now i'm excited for the genre again.

MicH

I absolutely despise first person shooters but the Metroid Prime games (particularly With wiimote controls) and Splatoon are some of my favorite games ever

Note my favorite genre at all, but I do love some shooters like Doom, Halo, Devil's Third (totally recommended), and some others... I used to play a lot of Unreal Tournament when it came out and Quake III.

Thing is, I like old school shooters, not the newer ones.

cHinzo

I like Nintendo and usually have their consoles next to my PC. I'm getting my FPS fix with my PC and play other fun games, mostly their awesome platformers, on Nintendo's console.

kunonabi

I'm not a shooter fan but all my favorite shooters have been on Nintendo platforms when I played them

Goldeneye
The World is Not Enough
Nightfire
Goldeneye(Wii)
Metroid Prime
Zombi U

Come to think of it, I don't think I've bought a single shooter for my PS2, X360, PS3, or PS4. All my shooters are N64, Wii, Wii U, or DC games.

They're not THE favorite of mine but they're one of several. I've been playing them since Goldeneye on the N64. The ones I've played most include Halo, Quake 3, TF2, Left 4 Dead 2, and more I can't remember at the moment.

I don't think I've bought a shooter on a Nintendo platform since... the GameCube. Unless Metroid Prime 3 for Wii counts. I do all of my shooter gaming on PC exclusively.

Nanashrew

Banned
Probably my least favorite genre unless you're talking rail shooters like Sin & Punishment and Star Fox.

I do really love Splatoon though.

forrest

formerly nacire
Huge Nintendo fan and shooter fan and I have a large WiiU library, but don't own Splatoon. I'm ashamed of myself.

I feel better now...

Word of advice , you are never ever the only one, of anything. I have plenty of frat bro friends that go to many Nintendo midnight launches. The dichotomy between the two sides arent as big as you make it out to be.

Menitta

I want to see the parallel universe where Battlefield 1 is Wii U exclusive. What's that Miiverse community like...

So if someone play COD this mean is his favourite game ever? :-|

Wow....okay the more i read through this thread the more it seems like you want to be viewed as some special snowflake. The other guy is right, how can you be the only one when there are a thousand others.

I want to see the parallel universe where Battlefield 1 is Wii U exclusive. What's that Miiverse community like...
That reminds me of that bizarre video of some kid from Brazil or something playing Battlefield with a Wii U even before it was released. Was that ever explained?

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Wow....okay the more i read through this thread the more it seems like you want to be viewed as some special snowflake. The other guy is right, how can you be the only one when there are a thousand others.

You don't get it lol.

1,000 people are playing COD online, ok that's cool and all. Does this mean COD is their favourite game ever?

If you play a game this must mean that you only play that game, and is you'r favourite of all time?

The part about the snowflake make no sense lol.

I know a thing for sure, the favourite genre of most Nintendo fans aren't the shooters. And i know there are not many Ninty fan who have shooters as favourite genre, so i wanted to know how many Ninty fans, at least on GAF, are like me.

If you are not interested why you are here?

ozfunghi

You don't get it lol.

1,000 people are playing COD online, ok that's cool and all. Does this mean COD is their favourite game ever?

If you play a game this must mean that you only play that game, and is you'r favourite of all time?

The part about the snowflake make no sense lol.

I know a thing for sure, the favourite genre of most Nintendo fans aren't the shooters. And i know there are not many Ninty fan who have shooters as favourite genre, so i wanted to know how many Ninty fans, at least on GAF, are like me.

If you are not interesting why you are here?

I hope you mean if he isn't "interested" and not "interesting". But ok.

I like Pikmin more than Zelda, though i like adventures games better than RTS games generally speaking.

Due to the range of quality games Nintendo provides, it's certainly possible to favor them as a company over all other companies, even if some of those have one or two games within a certain genre you enjoy better.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
I hope you mean if he isn't "interested" and not "interesting". But ok.

I like Pikmin more than Zelda, though i like adventures games better than RTS games generally speaking.

Due to the range of quality games Nintendo provides, it's certainly possible to favor them as a company over all other companies, even if some of those have one or two games within a certain genre you enjoy better.

Yeah sorry my english isn't very good, tanks. I mean "interested". :p

I like a good shooter from time to time even as a nintendo fan. I liked splatoon on the wii u and modern warfare on the wii was a good time when I was a kid.

I loosely fall into this category but there's next to no reason to actually play shooters (besides Splatoon) on Nintendo systems unless you only have a Wii U and no PC.

I love Resident Evil, Halo and Metriod Prime. These are great games for single or multiplayer.

Other shooters I play but don't really enjoy them. Mostly just play with cousins and friends.

But far from my favorite genre

GamerJM

Banned
I'm not a fan of most shooting games but I wouldn't be surprised. Back when TF2 was super popular a lot of Nintendo fans I knew played it. It was like there was this weird sentiment among Nintendo fans where they were like "Yeah, I don't really like FPS games, I don't like Halo or CoD, but I put like 1000 hours into TF2".

Sometimes I feel like I'm alone in that I mostly dislike shooters from a mechanical standpoint. Like, a lot of Nintendo fans probably don't like shooters because of the violence or dark/realistic aesthetics, but I just don't find moving around and aiming a reticle to be engaging or fun as a mechanic.

Top Bottom