• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS memory help

So I got a new 3DS and I don't have a memory card yet. It comes with a voucher for animal crossing home designer.
I assume it has some type of internal memory? It didn't come with a card that I know of.

If I go ahead and download the game now or set up an estore account and I get a card later on will I still be able to play the game I downloaded?

fernoca

But if I get a card later on can I redownload or transfer it over to a bigger card?
Yep. To redownload just go to your purchase history.

To transfer, just copy/paste the contents from one SD to another on any computer. (Up to 32GB. 64GB upwards need to be formatted to FAT32 first)

Yes, any MicroSD card will work.

Bigger the better though, especially if you want to get into the Homebrew scene later on!

Cards bigger than 32GB will need to be reformatted before you can use it in the system, however:

http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog/2013...-upgrade-your-3ds-sd-card-to-64gb-and-beyond/

If you're looking for a cheap SD card, try ebay. just make sure you get something from a Premium service seller, then you'll know it's legit.

SD card speed on the 3DS hits diminishing returns once you hit class 10/UHS-1, so don't worry too much about splurging for the superfast UHS-3 cards. Just get a nice cheap Class10 of your preferred size, format it, plonk it in, and forget about it :)

syeefoo

Neo Member
Which one did you have? The NEW 3ds or the older model of 3ds?

The New 3ds (or New 3ds XL) will require you to unscrew the bottom plate to reach the micro SD card slot.

Which one did you have? The NEW 3ds or the older model of 3ds?

The New 3ds (or New 3ds XL) will require you to unscrew the bottom plate to reach the micro SD card slot.

Home designer, so assuming N3DS small with the front panel thing.

EDIT: Huh, they make Home designer ones for both N3ds and the XL variant, so it could be either, but yeah, they'l definately be N3DS.

fernoca

Whatever you do, don't just get any cheap/no name SD Card.

Go with any brand though. Sandisk (though some have reported problems with it), PNY, Adata, etc.

Home designer, so assuming N3DS small with the front panel thing.

EDIT: Huh, they make Home designer ones for both N3ds and the XL variant, so it could be either, but yeah, they'l definately be N3DS.

It's the small one. I wanted the white one and this was my only option. I give two shits about the plates that came with it. I want something like white or wood grain.

Top Bottom