• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danny Phantom Mafia |OT| Your lynch doesn't stand a ghost of a chance!

*blows raspberry*

Watchu gonna do about it?

Hypocrisy=Scumtell for me

BUT the day still had two days left. If things don't change, you have my vote. I don't care if you go out or not that's what I believe in. If someone better comes up, then I'll move it depending on the stance.

The reason why I said what I did about Trigger, You, and I "being on a team" was to exemplify your stupid case of "if you have the same ideals then you're a scum team!"

Ok lets change gears:

Trigger and TheWorthyEdge as scum buddies? Yeah I can see that. Yes, I'm willing to go for it.

You were literally being even more of a supporter for Trigger than I was, so the absurdity of my post with us 3 as a team wasn't so absurd compared to your "switching of gears".

I could say that You, Trigger, and Rats Off To Ya are a team because you all voted for Starsketch yesterday with your line of thinking currently. Obviously I don't believe this because I'm not an idiot.

Fuck it, because writing this has made me see how absurd you really are:

VOTE: CornBurrito

Another thing that was interesting and I'm not calling Darryl a Scum
yet
but the way you voted him Day 1, being the only vote for him, and then Day 2 you say

Besides Starsketch, Darryl is also obviously scum.

And then follows it up with:

I feel more comfortable about Darryl now than prior in the day.

Still think Star is scum but nobody else does.

Between Panda and Flame, I think Flame is the scummier.

Now Corn trusts him. Corn, can you tell me what led you to "feel more comfortable" with Darryl?

I don't think Darryl is scum, and if anything I think he's the most town out of anyone, but I feel this move by Corn is odd.

Maybe he realized that Darryl was too much of a Town player that he realized if he kept his attacks on him then he'd be labeled as scum.

Reading over Worthy's contributions to this thread again and I'm having flashbacks to a certain island.

I could see him and Trigger being two peas in a scum pod. I'd rather start with Trigger, though. Took a closer look at his activity, as well. Bit of a wagon jumper, that one. Always early, though. Trying to test the waters? Finally settled on Star, two days running, for not much reason. Votes tend to look less fishy if you appear to be tunneling.

Still want to hear more from Stanley before I commit to anything.

Ty4on's a wild card, contingent on some other flips.

NcR1Mus.gif

So.

Back on D1, we had a neck-to-neck closing with a seemingly inevitable outcome between StarSketch and SkyOdin, in that one of them was bound to be banished then. So I tried to make more of both.

By attempting to create a tie, I was essentially soft-investigating both StarSketch and SkyOdin before one of them flipped, via forcing others to intervene with tie-breaker votes to see who picked what side under a semblance of pressure. But Sky just had to be a martyr and took up one of those slots himself, which only left me with the Flame lead after that hammer-vote of his, and hence the subsequent forced pursuit of him on D2.

The odds that Flame flipping Town were admittedly high, naturally, given a normal Town:Mafia ratio plus the circumstance of my accusation of him (born at the end of Day, when players' actions are less well-thought out than usual), and I will admit that we might have been better served by lynching TheWorthyEdge Yesterday instead. A very tiny "might", that. A mite-sized "might", you might say.

Because, I still maintain that it was entirely worth banishing Sky's hammer-voter, EXACTLY because the odds of Flame being Town were naturally high; we can now better examine those players who had helped me attack Flame_AC on D2. Hence, why I said to look at the D2 votes on Flame again. Also, the lack of any real useful activity Yesterday was an indication that Flame was Town before the flip, hence why I also suggested now looking at those who didn't vote for Flame as well, and also at the inactives, as both types could be Mafia low-layers, taking full advantage of the easy bus I set up as bait. BUT, in this bloody game, EVERYONE'S a scum-sucking inactive, so that kinda shits all over my original intent, doesn't it?

So, as we stand now in the current absence of any Power Role help, we have to rely on GOOD OLD-FASHIONED WHODUNNIT CROSS-REFERENCING, and so our true best banishment bet Today is to lynch StarSketch, finishing what we started on D1 instead of watching Corn and TWE fling mutual poos at each other until we banish me. By doing so, we can put this sordid D1 triangle to rest once and for all, and tangibly advance our reads (provided that any of you actually bother updating your files).

We need to know StarSketch's alignment in order to:

• exonerate myself so that we prove I wasn't acting to save her (in the event that she's scum) in some bizarre method of mine, and more importantly,
  • in order to cross-reference the ones who directly voted against Sky on D1 with the ones who directly voted against Flame on D2, in the light of the knowledge now that they are both Town.

If StarSketch flips as scum, it's likely there's scum among the list of players that voted against SkyOdin for her sake, and we can see if any names of those who pursued the now-confirmed-as-Town Flame on D2, also pop up on Sky's list.

If Star flips as Town, then I laughably trust in y'all knowing what to do in that case. ¬_¬
VOTE: StarSketch

I'm locking this in as my final vote for Today, and this'll be the last time I explain why I did that what.

It is a possibility that Starsketch is scum and some votes on SkyOdin were to save a scum SS, but I didn't get that read based on the low number of votes they both ended up with.

gryvan

NcR1Mus.gif

So.

Back on D1, we had a neck-to-neck closing with a seemingly inevitable outcome between StarSketch and SkyOdin, in that one of them was bound to be banished then. So I tried to make more of both.

By attempting to create a tie, I was essentially soft-investigating both StarSketch and SkyOdin before one of them flipped, via forcing others to intervene with tie-breaker votes to see who picked what side under a semblance of pressure. But Sky just had to be a martyr and took up one of those slots himself, which only left me with the Flame lead after that hammer-vote of his, and hence the subsequent forced pursuit of him on D2.

The odds that Flame flipping Town were admittedly high, naturally, given a normal Town:Mafia ratio plus the circumstance of my accusation of him (born at the end of Day, when players' actions are less well-thought out than usual), and I will admit that we might have been better served by lynching TheWorthyEdge Yesterday instead. A very tiny "might", that. A mite-sized "might", you might say.

Because, I still maintain that it was entirely worth banishing Sky's hammer-voter, EXACTLY because the odds of Flame being Town were naturally high; we can now better examine those players who had helped me attack Flame_AC on D2. Hence, why I said to look at the D2 votes on Flame again. Also, the lack of any real useful activity Yesterday was an indication that Flame was Town before the flip, hence why I also suggested now looking at those who didn't vote for Flame as well, and also at the inactives, as both types could be Mafia low-layers, taking full advantage of the easy bus I set up as bait. BUT, in this bloody game, EVERYONE'S a scum-sucking inactive, so that kinda shits all over my original intent, doesn't it?

So, as we stand now in the current absence of any Power Role help, we have to rely on GOOD OLD-FASHIONED WHODUNNIT CROSS-REFERENCING, and so our true best banishment bet Today is to lynch StarSketch, finishing what we started on D1 instead of watching Corn and TWE fling mutual poos at each other until we banish me. By doing so, we can put this sordid D1 triangle to rest once and for all, and tangibly advance our reads (provided that any of you actually bother updating your files).

• exonerate myself so that we prove I wasn't acting to save her (in the event that she's scum) in some bizarre method of mine, and more importantly,
  • in order to cross-reference the ones who directly voted against Sky on D1 with the ones who directly voted against Flame on D2, in the light of the knowledge now that they are both Town.

If StarSketch flips as scum, it's likely there's scum among the list of players that voted against SkyOdin for her sake, and we can see if any names of those who pursued the now-confirmed-as-Town Flame on D2, also pop up on Sky's list.

If Star flips as Town, then I laughably trust in y'all knowing what to do in that case. ¬_¬

I'm locking this in as my final vote for Today, and this'll be the last time I explain why I did that what.

am I dreaming? my gawd an actual decent post thats not insane (and not get hit by some weird spell) and readable...

I personally don't mind wanting to see star's alignment itself as well. I did not read town at all during day 1 but at the same time I wasn't sure she would be scum either due to the fact that during day 2 corn was tunneling her but she didn't really get that pressured. I will put a temporary vote on star but if its enough that star can be considered town, I'm changing it back to worthy again.

UNVOTE

VOTE:StarSketch

Hmm, Blarg's post is actually convincing to me too. Now that I've cooled down on wanting TWE gone asap.

Vote: Starsketch

This will serve well to provide us a lot of information. If Sketch did flip scum, we'd actually have a ton to work with.

Hmm, Blarg's post is actually convincing to me too. Now that I've cooled down on wanting TWE gone asap.

This will serve well to provide us a lot of information. If Sketch did flip scum, we'd actually have a ton to work with.

And what happens when I flip town? Then what will you guys do?

Or well, we'll know Blarg is a detriment to town. I'll know that my read on Star was wrong, which would also make me question my current read on TWE. And we'd also be looking at people who pushed for a Star lynch... which would include me.

Darryl

Banned
I think this is a horrible idea. Look at the pool of voters on SkyOdin, who ultimately saved StarSketch.

crimsonfist 418
el topo 466

starsketch 516
darryl 517
blargonaut 521 (523)
skyodin 522
flame_ac 524

Four people are dead and town. One is you. The other is me.

This leaves me/you/StarSketch as the only three living members who this'll trap. StarSketch will be dead. So you're essentially trying to turn this into a me vs. you thunderdome, pitting me (because I voted for SS and Flame_AC) against you. ? Am I understanding this all right ? This isn't much information at all and it doesn't shed any additional light on the vast majority of posters in the game. How does anyone think this is a good idea?

Darryl

Banned
Literally EXACTLY what I was thinking xD

Hm...reading that though Blarg did make a good case, and one that's actually comprehensive at that.

am I dreaming? my gawd an actual decent post thats not insane (and not get hit by some weird spell) and readable...

I personally don't mind wanting to see star's alignment itself as well. I did not read town at all during day 1 but at the same time I wasn't sure she would be scum either due to the fact that during day 2 corn was tunneling her but she didn't really get that pressured. I will put a temporary vote on star but if its enough that star can be considered town, I'm changing it back to worthy again.

UNVOTE

What the fucking fuck.

I think this is a horrible idea. Look at the pool of voters on SkyOdin, who ultimately saved StarSketch.

crimsonfist 418
el topo 466

starsketch 516
darryl 517
blargonaut 521 (523)
skyodin 522
flame_ac 524

This leaves me/you/StarSketch as the only three living members who this'll trap. StarSketch will be dead. So you're essentially trying to turn this into a me vs. you thunderdome, pitting me (because I voted for SS and Flame_AC) against you. ? Am I understanding this all right ? This isn't much information at all and it doesn't shed any additional light on the vast majority of posters in the game. How does anyone think this is a good idea?

This is actually true. Didn't look @ the list of people who voted.

*snip*

Main thing I hate about this plan is if SS is town then we're no better than when we started. And even she flips mafia, it doesn't necessarily mean anything in regards to what the other mafia would do. I'd rather lynch SS because I think she's mafia, not for more info. And if you're town what do you benefit from this?

Then why haven't you put a vote down on me, or anyone else for that matter today?
HI Panda, gonna bother responding to my other post?

Is it strange that the coherent post makes me lean towards Blarg being scum?

gryvan

crimsonfist 418
el topo 466

starsketch 516
darryl 517
blargonaut 521 (523)
skyodin 522
flame_ac 524

your right the starsketch vote doesn't make sense at this point when we have like 4 townies killed that voted for her lol...

UNVOTE

VOTE: TheWorthyEdge

blarg please...at least you attempted to lead in a way

gryvan

At this point I don't mind a blarg vote either too because of the fact that his one and only sane post he actually did was misleading...which is a bit of a shame...

HI Panda, gonna bother responding to my other post?

The mafia are naturally going to know more about the second kill on day 1 and the lack of one on day 2, simply because they know their involvement in it. What you said doesn't change the fact that you come across as much more certain than anyone else, which makes me suspicious that you could be mafia.

That really drills the fact that Darryl is town, and actually the best player in this game.

Damn. Blarg has always struck me as off but he really got me there. I don't even think he thought about this. He even got Corn...damn.

VOTE: Blargonaut

I got sucked in, and I don't want this to happen again. My ignorance paired with Blarg's deception and his own ignorance almost resulted in literally nothing, and if Star was to flip Town that would only hurt us more.

okay before i say anything, i think some people here need calm the hell down and remember that we are just playing a game.
people just acting childish in here.

Stanley, if you had to pick a realistic lynch target for today (Trigger, Blarg, TWE), who would it be? If you had to pick an unrealistic target, who would it be? I'm interested in your fresher perspective since you haven't been playing as much. Wisdom from the mouth of a child or whatever

realistic target: TWE, im not completely sold on it, but of the 3 he feels the most scummy to me. Trigger i have more of a null read on, but will definitely be looking closer at him from now. im waiting on some results (town/scum flips) to make me lean one way or the other on blarg, as i think going by feeling on blarg is a bad move.

unrealistic: Matt Attack probably, i did go through most of his earlier posts and found my earlier feeling to be true, he has contributed very little, and what he has said always seemed right in line with the current town trend majority at the time. strikes me as someone trying hard to blend in.

(although, having just read blargs SS proposition, i may need to think more on him.)

kingkitty

I wonder how willing scum would be to go from "yes blarg is right, lets kill star" to "yes darryl is right" in the span of one page. My initial gut reaction says scum would want to avoid blatantly looking like bandwagon flip floppers.

But I guess a possible situation is that scum saw an opening to tackle town-Star. When the mislynch occurs, they could then blame town-Blarg. But then the logic in Blarg's argument was challenged, so they felt the need to quickly back off.

kingkitty

That really drills the fact that Darryl is town, and actually the best player in this game.

Damn. Blarg has always struck me as off but he really got me there. I don't even think he thought about this. He even got Corn...damn.

VOTE: Blargonaut

I got sucked in, and I don't want this to happen again. My ignorance paired with Blarg's deception and his own ignorance almost resulted in literally nothing, and if Star was to flip Town that would only hurt us more.

On a scale of 1 to 5 how deceptive was Blarg's Deception?

I'm not so sure yet that this was a master Blarg's Deception.

I do have to say, you are kinda putting yourself down, calling yourself ignorant. And then hyping up Blarg's Deception, talking about how he was able to fool Corn.

If you're scum (kinda leaning you're not), this post is really too on the nose.

kingkitty

At this point, I'm leaning you're not scum, just because the Day 1 move is a little too bold, not impossible, but the risk is being on people's scum radar for a long time. And for what reward? I'm not sure anyone PR-slipped. Did Enker (if he was scum's target) act in a strange manner to TWE's accidental claim? I'll have to look back.

Ty4on

At this point, I'm leaning you're not scum, just because the Day 1 move is a little too bold, not impossible, but the risk is being on people's scum radar for a long time. And for what reward? I'm not sure anyone PR-slipped. Did Enker (if he was scum's target) act in a strange manner to TWE's accidental claim? I'll have to look back.
I'm leaning the same way. His replies to the whole ordeal struck me as genuine and I can't fathom why he'd do that in the first place as scum.
I'm curious what Corn thinks of D1. Looking back I never saw him commenting on it.

I don't believe TWE day 1 incident says anything either way about him, but his recent swings make me pretty suspicious of him. To me it reads like he might be a scum who was looking for a legitimate looking lynch, which Blarg provided, but once it was pointed out that the lynch wasn't that sounds, he pulled out to try to save himself.

vote: TheWorthyEdge

Ty4on

I don't believe TWE day 1 incident says anything either way about him, but his recent swings make me pretty suspicious of him. To me it reads like he might be a scum who was looking for a legitimate looking lynch, which Blarg provided, but once it was pointed out that the lynch wasn't that sounds, he pulled out to try to save himself.

vote: TheWorthyEdge
What do you think it was?

Trigger

I'm not really hopping on this Blarg train because it's awfully reminiscent of our previous townie lynches. There's not a lot of effort being made to save him by anyone.

nah, Darryl. Alright, look.

Royal_Flush's D1 typo.

He slipped that

CornBurrito, TheWorthyEdge.

gryvan.

UNVOTE

Literally EXACTLY what I was thinking xD

Hm...reading that though Blarg did make a good case, and one that's actually comprehensive at that.

I fished that

StarSketch & Darryl?
If you had to choose between Flame and Sky, who would you vote for?
Sky, I guess.
actually, you know what?

Vote: Skyodin
Vote:SkyOdin

let's do it
Vote: StarSketch

Only thing I can do to prevent a tie. Thanks Darryl.

I ship that

UNVOTE: StarSketch

I'm not really hopping on this Blarg train because it's awfully reminiscent of our previous townie lynches. There's not a lot of effort being made to save him by anyone.

It's almost like you know something.

VOTE: Trigger

Darryl's right, Star's lynch gives us very little at this point, even if she's scum. I pushed her lynch yesterday because I figured if she flipped Town it would exonerate Flame, who I felt pretty good about. And I still don't like a lot of the things Blarg has done in this game, but I'm feeling a little better about his alignment, if nothing else.

Darryl

Banned
I wonder how willing scum would be to go from "yes blarg is right, lets kill star" to "yes darryl is right" in the span of one page. My initial gut reaction says scum would want to avoid blatantly looking like bandwagon flip floppers.

But I guess a possible situation is that scum saw an opening to tackle town-Star. When the mislynch occurs, they could then blame town-Blarg. But then the logic in Blarg's argument was challenged, so they felt the need to quickly back off.

It's curious. Like, I don't understand how anyone could make sense of Blarg's post while having been actually trying to weed out scum. It pissed me off instantly. Some of this stuff like the voting patterns of who killed Sky_Odin and who is alive is basic ground work that people should do by themselves. Not to mention chasing a player who tried to switch the lynch was our overarching narrative from Day 2. Did they not understand why Flame_AC was being lynched? Did they not care? You'd have to be really not paying attention to fall for that.

I don't think this is a scum tell for Blarg. The only way he'd gain from this scenario as scum is if StarSketch was a scum teammate, he'd have enough rapport to lynch me.

The mafia are naturally going to know more about the second kill on day 1 and the lack of one on day 2, simply because they know their involvement in it. What you said doesn't change the fact that you come across as much more certain than anyone else, which makes me suspicious that you could be mafia.
What are you even talking about? How does having two possibilities for the second kill make me sound "certain" compared to anybody else? And wouldn't any killing role have the same exact knowledge about what happened on those nights?

Anyway, still not voting SS today. I'd be down with a TWE or Trigger lynch today.

On a scale of 1 to 5 how deceptive was Blarg's Deception?

I'm not so sure yet that this was a master Blarg's Deception.

I do have to say, you are kinda putting yourself down, calling yourself ignorant. And then hyping up Blarg's Deception, talking about how he was able to fool Corn.

If you're scum (kinda leaning you're not), this post is really too on the nose.

Like you said. Not his finest, but still good enough to fool me and even Corn.

I do think we should look @ people who immediately voted for Star after the whole ordeal. Gryvan, and Corn.

UNVOTE: Blargonaut

Top Bottom