• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of Mayhem: An In-Depth Look at the Over-the-Top Gameplay

It's pretty clear that this is going to be sort of a spiritual successor to Saints Row IV, but with a different vision.

I still want more GeoMod though. ;_;

ReaperXL7

I think it looks fun and I'm always down for Volitions games , my only real issue currently is that there is something off about the way the characters move. They just look really stiff in motion and it's not helped by the way they are constantly in aiming position while moving.I also feel like the camera is way to close to the character for an open world game.

Trace

Banned
Man that art-style really reminds me of Overwatch.

I think it looks fun and I'm always down for Volitions games , my only real issue currently is that there is something off about the way the characters move. They just look really stiff in motion and it's not helped by the way they are constantly in aiming position while moving.I also feel like the camera is way to close to the character for an open world game.

Yea the animations really need work. Reminds me of something out of Skyrim.

dreamfall

I can't lie and avoid how disappointed I am in the lack of customization, visually. It seems like there'll be some skins which is a nice touch, but the team wants to make sure that each Agent retains their unique look.

The combat looks like a lot of fun, switching on the fly should make for some frenetic and chaotic battles. Their rendition of Seoul definitely has a pleasing aesthetic, I've never been the biggest fan of the cities Volition creates - Stillwater, and Steelport were functional places for mayhem. The action always took the center stage. The Legion enemies need a bit more variety, but it's neat that they introduced a new underboss. Persephone Brimstone looks really cool - nice to see the Ultor/Saints connection!

Optimistic about it. Really wanted a new Saints, but if the writing is funny and there are enough places to explore even with the lack of customization, it could be fun.

I thought the gameplay looked pretty fun. My eyes will be on this game. I'll start paying attention to the updates and new characters that will be available to play.

This is the video they should've opened with. Nice summary of everything. I'm more excited than I was with the reveal trailer, but I'd still like to see some proper open world stuff.

Top Bottom