• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre-Orders Open for Shovel Knight Physical Vita Limited Print (Until Early October)

chrono01

Of course this appears just as my only credit card has been compromised and I'm currently in-wait until a replacement arrives in the mail. :/

I hope they still have stock in a few more days.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Of course this appears just as my only credit card has been compromised and I'm currently in-wait until a replacement arrives in the mail. :/

I hope they still have stock in a few more days.

They're using preorders to gauge how many they're going to make, so you should be fine.

To that user who asked about waiting until October, I probably wouldn't. They have to cut it off at some point to start manufacturing.

chrono01

They're using preorders to gauge how many they're going to make, so you should be fine.

To that user who asked about waiting until October, I probably wouldn't. They have to cut it off at some point to start manufacturing.
Oh, thanks. Sounds good then!

I'll place my pre-order when I receive my new credit card.

joe2187

Banned

But I am is broked

Galdius

It's US$43 for Brazil and US$41 for Argentina.
I was curious to check if it would be more expensive or not to ship to Argentina. I thought it would be since Argentina is more distant than Brazil.

Shizuka

I wonder why South America is the only continent with fucked up shipping rates. Everywhere else is $4, that just doesn't make sense.

Eusis

I have to admit, I kind of want to buy one just to have a god damn Vita manual for once. A physical one I can hold in my hands, I just need one or two for novelties sake, much as I wish manuals weren't being systemtically killed off.

Strike

Vita physical releases are getting pretty few and far between these days and I've been looking to get this for a while so I think I just might preorder this.

meppi

Shipping aside, I much prefer this method to Limited Run Games.

No mad rush in a ten minute window while the store forgets whats in your basket.

Indeed. I wish LRG would do it like this as well, although I have no idea if this would be feasible for them.
So far I haven't been able to get a single Vita game. :(

Varth

Shipping aside, I much prefer this method to Limited Run Games.

No mad rush in a ten minute window while the store forgets whats in your basket.

Co-signed. Mentioned this Plenty of times only to have my opinion cast off as that of an annoying naysayer ruining the party, probably by those who have a vested collector or reseller interest in having lesser, conservative runs for every game. Unfortunately, seems like those are the customers LRG is sticking to, and that made me refuse to support them other than for games I really want.

dracula_x

It's US$43 for Brazil and US$41 for Argentina.
I was curious to check if it would be more expensive or not to ship to Argentina. I thought it would be since Argentina is more distant than Brazil.

it doesn't look good to me also –

Shipping: $53.08 USD
Total: $78.07 USD

+ custom taxes.

So, I'll pass probably.

Thud

I wonder why South America is the only continent with fucked up shipping rates. Everywhere else is $4, that just doesn't make sense.

I found this on the shipping page:

UPS Expedited is very expensive, very fast, and offers detailed tracking. These packages usually arrive in about 2-3 days, but we cannot guarantee delivery times. This type of shipping is good -- and sometimes required -- if your country’s customs agents are evil (looking at you, South America)

SOR5

I have this on two different platforms already but I heavily advise any vita enthusiast to buy this

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Co-signed. Mentioned this Plenty of times only to have my opinion cast off as that of an annoying naysayer ruining the party, probably by those who have a vested collector or reseller interest in having lesser, conservative runs for every game. Unfortunately, seems like those are the customers LRG is sticking to, and that made me refuse to support them other than for games I really want.

Is that really "refusing" to support them though. ;)

I think the nice thing about LRG is that you get the game a about week after ordering on average.
The way it's being done here is cool and helps most get it if they want it, but of course I have to wait 4 months and be charged right away.

LRG just have a different business model, and it helps them keep moving on to the next thing. Product is created, product is sold, product is shipped all in a very compressed timespan.

I'd be very curious how many physical Vita copies they end up making. I think Yacht Club are pretty open about numbers right? I guess we'll see at some point.

Varth

Is that really "refusing" to support them though. ;)

I think the nice thing about LRG is that you get the game a about week after ordering on average.
The way it's being done here is cool and helps most get it if they want it, but of course I have to wait 4 months and be charged right away.

LRG just have a different business model, and it helps them keep moving on to the next thing. Product is created, product is sold, product is shipped all in a very compressed timespan.

I'd be very curious how many physical Vita copies they end up making. I think Yacht Club are pretty open about numbers right? I guess we'll see at some point.

Hell yeah it is. I started out to buy all their output regardless of quality. Ended up only buying Breach and Clear out of it.

OmahaG8

Bought. I think this might make the first game I've ever triple dipped on. Wii U, PS4 physical, and now this - it makes me happy to do so.

Shizuka

Hell yeah it is. I started out to buy all their output regardless of quality. Ended up only buying Breach and Clear out of it.

That's the thing, their model business isn't affected by that, they print a low quantity to ensure there's no overstock and they're selling out every time.

Moofers

Necro-bump, I know, but has anyone heard anything about when this is going to ship? Its "early October" and I haven't heard any chatter...

rackham

Already own on steam and psn (plus two physical ps4 copies since my friends asshole dog chewed one case up)

Top Bottom