• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danny Phantom Mafia |OT| Your lynch doesn't stand a ghost of a chance!

DotsAndBoxes1.png

z1Eb6xA.png

We're nearly at the day's end and the only person making any significant noise is one of our possible lynch candidates. This worries me. There's a very outside chance that Blarg and Trigger are both scum and that's why Blarg is doing everything in his power to avert our eyes elsewhere. Either that or Blarg really believes that the most important job we have right now is solving the mystery of a practically-random Day One lynch. I honestly don't know with him. Believe me, I've tried to understand. I pored over every one of his posts in this thread. I thought I'd found a reasonable solution to his puzzle, but his behavior in the interim has basically left me clueless all over again.

It's interesting to me that some of the liveliest conversation we've had about a lynch target throughout this game has been about Worthy. He just seems to keep popping up. I haven't really dug into that in detail, but he might be worth a lynch just to settle the issue and try to extract some kind of meaning.

I'm less and less into a Trigger lynch only because he's been in the hot seat since the day began and there just hasn't been much of a push against it as far as I can see. He's currently leading the tally and it doesn't seem like any scum partners are coming to his rescue. Unless Blarg is indeed his scum partner, in which case we'd be better off killing Blarg, anyway.

I dunno. I don't see my vote staying on Trigger, but I'd like to hear some other peoples' opinions before I make a move.

CPrRct6.jpg

VOTE TALLY:

trigger (3)
darryl 841 (1104)
oceanicair 842
rats off to ya 1046
gryvan 1092

blargonaut (3)
ultron87 888
rats off to ya 907 (984)
matt attack 948
starsketch 1010
theworthyedge 1033 (1050)

theworthyedge (2)
cornburrito 991 (1015)
giant panda 1039
cornburrito 1068

giant panda (1)
melonrabbit 1082

cornburrito (1)
ty4on 977
theworthyedge 1001 (1033)

gryvan (1)
kingkitty 925
blargonaut 927 (989)

oceanicair (1)
giant panda 904 (1039)
darryl 1104

starsketch (1)
cornburrito 869 (991)
blargonaut 1006 (1045)
cornburrito 1015 (1029)
blargonaut 1045

kingkitty (0)
blargonaut 918 (927)

the worthyedge (0)
gryvan 946 (1014)

stanleypalmtree (0)
ty4on 969 (975)
rats off to ya 984 (1046)

ultron87 (0)
ty4on 843 (969)

darryl (0)
blargonaut 858 (918)

no lynch (0)
blargonaut 989 (1006)

9 to reach majority.

DAY 3 ENDS:
gre_1466787600.png

If OA is scum, we can give an SS lynch another thought. Look at his absent thoughts on her

And when I'm not? You'll go after her anyways. People keep saying that we'll get info from these lynches. Remember all of the crucial info we got from the Flame lynch? How about basing votes who you believe is the most scummy, not for hopes getting info on others on flips. And anyway, if you think you'd get the most info from my flip then either you're a really sucky town player or you're scum. This is really irresponsible voting, you toss a vote on me a couple hours before days end, don't even put up a real reason as to why either asking others to look for themselves.

I have said and will continue to repeat that I believe we shouldn't lynch her today. No problem revisiting this on further days But honestly Darryl considering you helped lynch Sky and Flame let's just say I'm not exactly trusting of your judgment right now.

Vote: OceanicAir

Might not be around. OA is text book scummy. Just read his posts

Sure didn't take long, lol.

Definitely comes across as scummy to me. Barely posts, and when he does it's just to comment on the goings-on. Most subtantive posts he made in the thread were to explain why his behavior was no more suspicious than someone else's. Hasn't taken much of a stance on anything that doesn't directly involve himself.

VOTE: OceanicAir

Fake edit: Now that's a scummy defense if I've ever seen one.

I'm thinking my top candidates right now for lynching are Matt Attack, Blarg, or Corn.

Matt Attack for reasons I posted last page when you (Darryl) asked me what I felt about them.

Matt Attack
-Literally the most redundant player to me as of right now. You can boil all 500 of his words in a post to 2 or 3, and chances are it's simply him on the fence about everything.

I don't really have strong feelings about Trigger's alignment one way or the other so I could imagine worse lynches, but I wonder if we can do better than that today?

I'm a proponent of D1 lynching, but I don't know if I can get behind this.

I think the potential connection between Star and Darryl that Blarg has been presenting is plausible, but it doesn't exactly play nicely with my own reads on the two (Darryl feels town to me, Star is null leaning town- primarily because her behavior seems very much in line with how she's played in previous games).

Blarg because he's nothing but a nuisance. I know there aren't Jesters in these games because they're dumb, but it always feels like there is one with Blarg. Just nonsense.

Corn for reasons I stated on the top of page 21.

*blows raspberry*

Watchu gonna do about it?

Hypocrisy=Scumtell for me

BUT the day still had two days left. If things don't change, you have my vote. I don't care if you go out or not that's what I believe in. If someone better comes up, then I'll move it depending on the stance.

The reason why I said what I did about Trigger, You, and I "being on a team" was to exemplify your stupid case of "if you have the same ideals then you're a scum team!"

Ok lets change gears:

Trigger and TheWorthyEdge as scum buddies? Yeah I can see that. Yes, I'm willing to go for it.

You were literally being even more of a supporter for Trigger than I was, so the absurdity of my post with us 3 as a team wasn't so absurd compared to your "switching of gears".

I could say that You, Trigger, and Rats Off To Ya are a team because you all voted for Starsketch yesterday with your line of thinking currently. Obviously I don't believe this because I'm not an idiot.

Fuck it, because writing this has made me see how absurd you really are:

VOTE: CornBurrito

Another thing that was interesting and I'm not calling Darryl a Scum
yet
but the way you voted him Day 1, being the only vote for him, and then Day 2 you say

Besides Starsketch, Darryl is also obviously scum.

And then follows it up with:

I feel more comfortable about Darryl now than prior in the day.

Still think Star is scum but nobody else does.

Between Panda and Flame, I think Flame is the scummier.

Now Corn trusts him. Corn, can you tell me what led you to "feel more comfortable" with Darryl?

Darryl

Banned
And when I'm not? You'll go after her anyways. People keep saying that we'll get info from these lynches. Remember all of the crucial info we got from the Flame lynch? How about basing votes who you believe is the most scummy, not for hopes getting info on others on flips. And anyway, if you think you'd get the most info from my flip then either you're a really sucky town player or you're scum. This is really irresponsible voting, you toss a vote on me a couple hours before days end, don't even put up a real reason as to why either asking others to look for themselves.

I have said and will continue to repeat that I believe we shouldn't lynch her today. No problem revisiting this on further days But honestly Darryl considering you helped lynch Sky and Flame let's just say I'm not exactly trusting of your judgment right now.

You chose your lynch targets day 1 and haven't adjusted them or attempted to adjust them at all despite pages and arguments. I'm hardly for lynching you for information. You have barely commented on much. I just commented that for the Sketchers, this is roundabout way of chasing their target lynch.

I'm heavily leaning Matt Attack or Corn.

Really curious to see how this OceanicAir thing will turn out because to be perfectly honest with you Darryl we'd get more out of Starsketch's Lynch than we would OceanicAir. If it comes down to OceanicAir and Star I'm voting Star but as of right now.

VOTE: Matt Attack

I'd vote Trigger over OceanicAir air as well. This vote for OA seems like nothing better than when Blarg started to bring down the hammer.

I don't like it.

I'll be doing lawn work but I will certainly be here before Days end.

Darryl

Banned
I'd vote Trigger over OceanicAir air as well. This vote for OA seems like nothing better than when Blarg started to bring down the hammer.

I don't like it.

I'll be doing lawn work but I will certainly be here before Days end.

I have read over every single post in this thread, sorted by each individual user, twice over now. If OA is town, it's people like OA who are causing town to lose. He barely comments except to come in with a defense. He had chased posters like Trigger and Xam the entire game without any sign of adjusting his opinions. He comes in to shed doubt on me for FlameAC and SkyOdin lynches, both people he was fine with lynching yet never actually voted for.

Trigger

VOTE: gryvan

I think we're chasing our tails here. The last quiet lynch was also a townie lynch. Gryvan has been here just enough to not attract too much attention and posts opinions that are largely safe. I'd rather target him over the current candidates.

Why Star all of a sudden? I thought you didn't want to lynch her after Darryl's arguments.

I've just seen one too many arguments made that are contingent on her alignment. For whatever reason it seems like we keep circling around Star. Just about everybody in the game has commented on her at some point. It almost seems easier to see her flip and pick up the pieces from there.

Honestly I'm racked with indecision right now. The votes are too scattered. We're gonna end up lynching somebody with three or four votes and unless we get lucky this day is gonna be a wet fart.

Darryl

Banned
So my argument is pretty much as follows

- Hasn't contributed much.
- Blends very well
- Oddly ignored by a large portion of posters, except melon who I actually think is town
- Supported voting Sky_Odin over StarSketch (he never talks about StarSketch), yet never placed a vote for Sky_Odin.
- Went from scum-reading Flame D1, to putting flame on his no reads list D2, to questioning why Flame got lynched D3
- Now re-writes history and frames himself as having somehow not been apart of those lynches
- Managed to somehow not vote for our lynch target twice in a row

I'm 100% on board with lynching OA but it doesn't seem to be gaining any traction. Too many people either not around or sticking with their pet lynches.

I'm not bothered too much about them actually, Blarg/Darryl don't seem too out of the ordinary and Flush seems annoyed by blarg harping on what I see as a harmless mistake. But you could also bring attention to any 3 people and they would have a somewhat decent chance of being hitting scum especially since that they are among the most active.

I feel that Darryl was playing a similar game in gods personally and he was town there. But I don't really see how a SS lynch is more worthy than the reasons that you described, especially since you called it a gut read.

I'm not really feeling a SS or Flame lynch actually, but since I'd rather see SS than Flame be lynched and I'll her in the end if it comes down to it but

vote: Trigger

This is how I feel personally. He just rubs me the wrong way, between not really mentioning Blarg's questionable behavior (although there were others) and just the tone of his posts make me feel wary.

Are there any other candidates besides Flame/SS that anybody else is looking at?

On a side note I'm thinking that Xam/kitty might be some sort of neutral with the very odd play that Xam had and both Xam/kitty had both made claims (xam with a mason and kitty with miller)
You can't make this stuff up
Well there's a change of opinion you so desired.

I have read over every single post in this thread, sorted by each individual user, twice over now. If OA is town, it's people like OA who are causing town to lose. He barely comments except to come in with a defense. He had chased posters like Trigger and Xam the entire game without any sign of adjusting his opinions. He comes in to shed doubt on me for FlameAC and SkyOdin lynches, both people he was fine with lynching yet never actually voted for.

Indeed, it's me why we're losing. Why on earth should I change my opinion if my opinion hasn't changed? I still think that Trigger is the best option or else I'd have changed my vote. I don't, haven't and will not do random changes of vote for the sake of changing my vote. If it gets me lynched then so be it. And unless I missed something Trigger and Xam haven't been cleared of anything. I also said that I'd be down for a TWE lynch so quit acting like I've made no other opinions.

I really don't care about the cyclical discussions about SS, TWE, and Blarg. I've given my thoughts on them, people just refuse to move the hell on from them. hat's your opinion of Stanley, who's only voted once this entire game then? on melonrabbit? gryvan? ultron? I'll defend myself because that was the only note of any worth this day phase.

Ty4on

I've just seen one too many arguments made that are contingent on her alignment. For whatever reason it seems like we keep circling around Star. Just about everybody in the game has commented on her at some point. It almost seems easier to see her flip and pick up the pieces from there.

Honestly I'm racked with indecision right now. The votes are too scattered. We're gonna end up lynching somebody with three or four votes and unless we get lucky this day is gonna be a wet fart.

It sort of feels like most of us have settled on letting Star live, but I could be extrapolating too much from Darryl. There was a push when Blarg posted his theory, but it was brief while some like Trigger has been on the radar all day.

I feel you on the indecisiveness. I've slacked too much off and hadn't noticed how blendy Oceanic has been. His aggressive tone today kind of masked it.

Is your scum shortlist supposed to be blank?
No. I wanted to read the rest of the bunch I didn't remember so well before writing it down but forgot to fill it out before sending the post. It would have been:

Matt Attack
Blarg
TWE
gryvan

Note that the latest TWE posts kind of put him on the very low end of that list. I could also get behind an OA lynch.

I think Darryl is Town and that makes StarSketch almost necessarily also Town.

Fake Edit:
I'm 100% on board with lynching OA but it doesn't seem to be gaining any traction. Too many people either not around or sticking with their pet lynches.
Let's see where this goes
vote: OceanicAir

Ty4on

Fuck it
VOTE: OceanicAir
Indeed, it's me why we're losing. Why on earth should I change my opinion if my opinion hasn't changed? I still think that Trigger is the best option or else I'd have changed my vote. I don't, haven't and will not do random changes of vote for the sake of changing my vote. If it gets me lynched then so be it. And unless I missed something Trigger and Xam haven't been cleared of anything. I also said that I'd be down for a TWE lynch so quit acting like I've made no other opinions.

I really don't care about the cyclical discussions about SS, TWE, and Blarg. I've given my thoughts on them, people just refuse to move the hell on from them. hat's your opinion of Stanley, who's only voted once this entire game then? on melonrabbit? gryvan? ultron? I'll defend myself because that was the only note of any worth this day phase.

Darryl posted some thoughts of Stanley first thing this day phase.

Why did your opinion of Flame change?

What're the votes at currently?

trigger (2)
darryl 841 (1104)
oceanicair 842
rats off to ya 1046 (1109)
gryvan 1092

ultron87 (0)
ty4on 843 (969)

darryl (0)
blargonaut 858 (918)

starsketch (1)
cornburrito 869 (991)
blargonaut 1006 (1045)
cornburrito 1015 (1029)
blargonaut 1045
rats off to ya 1113 (1127)

blargonaut (3)
ultron87 888
rats off to ya 907 (984)
matt attack 948
starsketch 1010
theworthyedge 1033 (1050)

oceanicair (4)
giant panda 904 (1039)
darryl 1104
rats off to ya 1109 (1113)
royal_flush 1125
ty4on 1126
rats off to ya 1127

kingkitty (0)
blargonaut 918 (927)

gryvan (2)
kingkitty 925
blargonaut 927 (989)
trigger 1117

the worthyedge (0)
gryvan 946 (1014)

stanleypalmtree (0)
ty4on 969 (975)
rats off to ya 984 (1046)

cornburrito (0)
ty4on 977 (1126)
theworthyedge 1001 (1033)
theworthyedge 1110 (1112)

no lynch (0)
blargonaut 989 (1006)

theworthyedge (2)
cornburrito 991 (1015)
giant panda 1039
cornburrito 1068

giant panda (1)
melonrabbit 1082

matt attack (1)
theworthyedge 1112

Darryl

Banned
Well there's a change of opinion you so desired.

I have been trying to get Ultron87 lynched all game. No one is willing to engage me over him so I'm stuck trying to chase leads people will actually read. If you said virtually anything about Ultron87 up until now, I would have jumped on it

ultron87

I do like the concept of the random out of nowhere candidate day end. Causes chaos and scrambling. I haven't looked at OA much so I'm gonna stick on Blarg. His tunneling for innocuous things and switching story on his Day 1 actions still feel the most scummy.

VOTE: Blargonaut

I'm not liking these votes right now at all. I don't know how you can go from talking about someone and then just completely switch gears to someone else at the very last 30 minutes. Luckily the guy you guys are voting for is actually here to see this.

I have been trying to get Ultron87 lynched all game. No one is willing to engage me over him so I'm stuck trying to chase leads people will actually read. If you said virtually anything about Ultron87 up until now, I would have jumped on it
Again, what about Stanley?
I do like the concept of the random out of nowhere candidate day end. Causes chaos and scrambling. I haven't looked at OA much so I'm gonna stick on Blarg. His tunneling for innocuous things and switching story on his Day 1 actions still feel the most scummy.
Lol, how many scum has that caught? Scum will always have the advantage in such situations.

Ty4on

[scum shortlist]
Matt Attack
Blarg
TWE
gryvan

Matt and gryvan definitely need more pressure. In two games I was town reading gryvan while the rest of town voted him out, but I'm not seeing the same IDAF attitude that made me vote him out there. I don't have much of a read on Matt either (I also have a habit of skimming long posts...), but going by memory he feels detached and his votes seem to come out of nowhere.
Why didn't you jump on my vote?

Ty4on

Lol, how many scum has that caught? Scum will always have the advantage in such situations.
Sure, scum was inactive (for the most part), but it happened in Gafia 2 and cleared a bunch of townies.

Even if scum mobilizes against it, if aforementioned scum is later killed it leaves a paper trail. Everybody ganging up on one scum player is harder to read.

Darryl

Banned
Again, what about Stanley?

He doesn't post a lot either. He showed a willingness at the start of the day to chase some fresher leads, so he is lean town. Gryvan is worse. Dude is up there with you and MattAttack as unreadable.

Darryl

Banned
Matt and gryvan definitely need more pressure. In two games I was town reading gryvan while the rest of town voted him out, but I'm not seeing the same IDAF attitude that made me vote him out there. I don't have much of a read on Matt either (I also have a habit of skimming long posts...), but going by memory he feels detached and his votes seem to come out of nowhere.

Why didn't you jump on my vote?

I dunno if I can remember where your vote was. Was it just a blind vote? I doubt a blind vote would get us anywhere so I probably disregarded it as background noise.

Ty4on

I dunno if I can remember where your vote was. Was it just a blind vote? I doubt a blind vote would get us anywhere so I probably disregarded it as background noise.
I replied to your opening post today that I town read Trigger and lightly town read Stanley and voted for ultron.

OceanicAir is town to me.
Blargonaut is borderline Scum.
Matt Attack I lean scum.
Corn I lean scum.
Ultron.... he's a mixed bag.
Ty4on I think is town based off of how hes playing now and his response to my heat.
Gryvan is unreadable.
Trigger is unreadable to me but I kind of lean scum on him.
Rats Off is just bandwagonning here. He's the fly that's purposely flying into the spider web.
Flush is town.
Giant Panda is an interesting one even though I think he's town. It's his and melon's relationship that's interesting to me.

You know what. Fuck it. I don't think OceanicAir is Scum for sure, and borderline Scum is good enough for me. It'll get rid of a redundant player, and we'll know what he truly is.

Sorry for the flips I just needed to collect my thoughts and decide.

VOTE: Blargonaut

StarSketch, what do you think?
Like you guys are making a mistake by tunneling on me so hard. On the other hand if I go down, at least we're away from that mess and hopefully town can think clearly. Hopefully it won't be too late though...
What theories?

Things StarSketch is not allowed to do in Mafia -Rule #2: If a hidden role is theorized by me I am not allowed to tunnel on the person I think has it.

VOTE: Trigger

No I'm not that suicidal, just think that this sort of bandwagoning is ridiculous and has not really lead to anything substantial these past few phases

Like you guys are making a mistake by tunneling on me so hard. On the other hand if I go down, at least we're away from that mess and hopefully town can think clearly. Hopefully it won't be too late though...

Things StarSketch is not allowed to do in Mafia -Rule #2: If a hidden role is theorized by me I am not allowed to tunnel on the person I think has it.

You think we're tunneling YOU right now?

I think you may need to see what's going on.

Air. I'm confident you're not on Team Mafia.

Ty4on

Right. I think I saw it but I didn't think much of it since it didn't seem like it had clout.
Yeah, I can see that. I should've pressured him more, but it felt like town had moved on.

Speaking of ignored by town, do you still town read Corn?

Top Bottom