• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Nintendo waiting for NX to announce Cloud, Bayonetta and Corrin amiibos?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
That would kind of imply that the NX port has no new characters they could make Amiibo of. I don't see that.

Well, it's not necessary to think that way because they could release those 3 characters with some new characters as a new huge wave. It's something that they haven't done for awhile, and it would encourage NX buyers to pick up those Amiibo and Smash NX.

Edited: I still think that those three amiibo are going to be out before NX. It's my gut telling me that.

Berordn

Mario Kart DLC
Pokken DLC
More Splatoon Content
And I'm sure there is more that I missed/forgetting.

Wasn't the Mario Kart thing just just a tweet taken out of context? Pokken seems inevitable with the recent arcade announcements but Splatoon mostly seems like it's on triage.

Onaco

Gonna say September on them. It's weird having too much of a release gap from June to November. Square probably wants Cloud in September to hype the release of FFXV. Corrin and Bayonetta will just follow.

Neoxon

E3 & San Diego Comic-Con have come to pass, yet we haven't heard anything about the final 3 Smash 4 Amiibos. It's starting to become clear to me that they're saving Cloud, Corrin, & Bayonetta for the launch of the NX port of Smash 4 (likely in March 2017, to serve as an NX launch title).

Has Nintendo made amiibo figures from any IPs not owned by Nintendo? I'd imagine the licensing negotiations for something like a Cloud amiibo would be pretty intense.

Mega Man
Sonic the Hedgehog
Pac Man
Ryu
Shovel Knight

In addition to the upcoming Bayonetta and Cloud figures, Monster Hunter Stories Amiibo are also being released.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
E3 & San Diego Comic-Con have come to pass, yet we haven't heard anything about the final 3 Smash 4 Amiibos. It's starting to become clear to me that they're saving Cloud, Corrin, & Bayonetta for the launch of the NX port of Smash 4 (likely in March 2017, to serve as an NX launch title).
Sounds about right.

E3 & San Diego Comic-Con have come to pass, yet we haven't heard anything about the final 3 Smash 4 Amiibos. It's starting to become clear to me that they're saving Cloud, Corrin, & Bayonetta for the launch of the NX version of Smash 4 (likely in March 2017, to serve as an NX launch title).

Made your post accurate

Neoxon

There's no evidence whatsoever that it will be a port.

Or anything other than a port.

So it's not a very good idea to go around saying it will be one (or not be one) definitively.
But we do know that Smash in some form is coming to the NX thanks to that one guy who previously leaked RE7. And given how recently Smash 4 DLC ended, the only likely option is a port of Smash 4. If it'll be an enhanced port or a straight port remains to be seen. But that said, on-topic, we can at least agree that the final Smash 4 Amiibos are likely being saved for this NX Smash game.

bman94

Don't worry, Nintendo will have plenty of time to announce them in their next Nintendo direct.

Whenever the fuck that will be

Neoxon

Bayonetta amiibo for the launch of the NX version and compatible with Bayonetta 3.
I wish, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Either way, while it financially makes sense to save your last 3 Amiibos for your most successful Amiibo line for your next-gen platform, it's kinda weird that they're saving those three. Why not hold back Ryu & Roy, as well?

Ryce

NX launches eight months from now. There's plenty of time before March to release the amiibo. I doubt they're being held off for then.

Neoxon

NX launches eight months from now. There's plenty of time before March to release the amiibo. I doubt they're being held off for then.
If they were coming later this year, Nintendo would have announced them by now.

ika

It's going to be soooooo difficult to find Cloud and Bayonetta amiibos at recommended price, or even pre-order them... :( I hate scammers...

I want an Elma amiibo, too :D

I'm still waiting until Nintendo starts to sell Amiibo on its own website, "directly to you". Easiest way to get all the models because most stores here only have a small selection and don't do personalized orders.

Neoxon

Knowing Nintendo , they could randomly announce them one week before their release.Whats the point of waiting for Smash 4 NX, i don't get it.
True, but they announced the Super Mario Amiibos pretty far ahead of their release (June reveal, November release). It's starting to become clear that we won't see the last of the Smash 4 Amiibos this year.

As for why they would wait for the NX port, it'd likely be due to Nintendo wanting new Amiibos to be released alongside the new port to spur sales of said Amiibos.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Soooo. .. The recent announcement of the new Zelda amiibos to be release this december pretty much cemented my previous feeling about cloud and bayonetta amiibos

And consequently the Smash NX rumor

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Soooo. .. The recent announcement of the new Zelda amiibos to be release this december pretty much cemented my previous feeling about cloud and bayonetta amiibos

I imagine they might release day and date with Smash NX. But it really seems like we aren't going to hear a word about them until we hear about Smash again...which seems like it will be when Smash NX is talked about.

Neoxon

They'll likely come out day & date with the NX port of Smash 4.

That said, if the port does have new characters, why not release those Amiibos alongside the NX port? Are they not in production, yet (possibly to prevent leaks)?

JazzmanZ

Either way, I sure would like to know how they'll manage to condense Bayonetta into a small figure with all those details.

Teuoxton

Either way, I sure would like to know how they'll manage to condense Bayonetta into a small figure with all those details.
Ganondorf has quite a few details and my figure of him looks pretty good. It won't be perfect but Bayo will probably turn out fine in the end.

I really hope they do a second run of Smash amiibos for the alternate costumes. I'd love to have Classic + AC Cloud and 1 + 2 Bayonetta.

Roo

Cloud, Bayonetta and Corrin amiibos + surprise Ice Climbers, Wolf and Inkling Girl amiibos to launch alongside Smash NX.

BELIEVE!

Yukinari

Theyre adding a brand new feature to the Cloud amiibo that Square has to approve of.

When you scan the amiibo it will be the first one ever to add new music tracks to a stage. In this case Midgar cause it lacks music.

Smellycat

I think it is quite the opposite. Nintendo is waiting for the Cloud, Bayonetta and Corrin amiibos to be manufactured before announcing the NX.

Top Bottom