• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teeny Titans |OT| Teen Titans Go Amiibo (mobile)

GodofWine

Gonna get this for my kids, they looooove ttgo.

I can't see how anyone can't enjoy the cartoon, leave your ideals behind and enjoy a really funny well written cartoon.

Emarv

Speedy is my DPS beast. That early 1st attack scaled up with Power and a smokescreen mod can let him solo entire battles with ease. Love it.

Mudron

Teen Titans Go! is one of the best cartoons on the air right now, and I'll check out the game, for sure.

Fuckin' waffles, man.

I may have to get this.Teen Titans Go! is cool.

Same. Absolutely love the show.

and...LeBron was on it!

mhTxVDd.jpg

Dribble, Dribble, Dribble

dream

Man, MrCheez, I've been a huge fan of your games since Wispin to Attack the Light, and it's amazing how each game you guys work on manages to be so fresh and different every time. Teeny Titans is absolutely fantastic, as all of Grumpyface's titles tend to be.

PS: I would like a Bring Me Sandwiches sequel one day.

Voror

Any recommendations or logic on how to best build your figures? Confess I'm just sort of guessing when leveling up at times.

Ultimadrago

Any tips on hating the Flash Sale Minigame less? Trying for 10 tickets in it is torture.

I also wish there was an auto-retry feature rather than having to walk all the way back to it upon failure.

Any recommendations or logic on how to best build your figures? Confess I'm just sort of guessing when leveling up at times.

I placed a few of mine on the previous page with reasoning. In general, you create builds that maximize on the figure's strengths while allowing them some sort of active flexibility around the time-baser system. You naturally figure these ins and outs upon using any figure. You can easily figure out which stats are most beneficial from there.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Man, MrCheez, I've been a huge fan of your games since Wispin to Attack the Light, and it's amazing how each game you guys work on manages to be so fresh and different every time. Teeny Titans is absolutely fantastic, as all of Grumpyface's titles tend to be.

PS: I would like a Bring Me Sandwiches sequel one day.

Cheers, bud! So very appreciated.

Sandwiches still has a very special place in my heart... alas, the game did not sell too well :/

Any tips on hating the Flash Sale Minigame less? Trying for 10 tickets in it is torture.

The next bugfix update includes some improvements that prevent this minigame from creating randomized setups that make getting 10 either too difficult or on some tries impossible (unfortunately), and we also lowered the difficulty of it in general. But, in the meantime: the key is very quickly assessing where they are placed when the map zooms out for the intro reveal and being very strategic about the path you attempt, as well as also keeping in mind you get a +2 second time bonus with each ticket you pick up. But yes, it's quite tough right now..

Ultimadrago

The next bugfix update includes some improvements that prevent this minigame from creating randomized setups that make getting 10 either too difficult or on some tries impossible (unfortunately), and we also lowered the difficulty of it in general. But, in the meantime: the key is very quickly assessing where they are placed when the map zooms out for the intro reveal and being very strategic about the path you attempt, as well as also keeping in mind you get a +2 second time bonus with each ticket you pick up. But yes, it's quite tough right now..

Thanks for responding on that. In the meantime, I could probably use being a little more strategic than simply looking at which sector of town has the most, so I'll give that a few whirls.

Ultimadrago

Updating on my Trigon Build, I've decided to replace his Grumpy Chip with Tough Guy 2.0 (which I'm happy exists!) to make the most out of what I had already allocated. I only lost one Str. point from previous. This makes him tanky with lacking stats in Luck/Dodge.

I'd still recommend someone making a Trigon to stop building his Strength at about 16 or so and then find/equip the Grump Chip while constantly building his HP to Max (50). You'll only have 25 HP, but it'll let you cap Str. at Max (24) while being able to use the extra points elsewhere.

Edit: Was just able to get 10 Flash Tickets a little while ago. I look forward to the update for others taking a whack at it, but for those that want to go for it now it's essentially as MrCheez has said. Hope for a good roll and make a strategy involving the general directions to take through Jump City.

ZeroX03

Banned

I came here to bitch about the mini game, but I see you guys are already on it ;)

Got a couple of friends to pick up the game, and they're all in agreement that they love it. We all want online multiplayer though!

Mudron

Dumb question, but is there an easy way to track mission objectives on the world map? I bought ice cream for the guy in line at the very beginning of the game, but I can't remember where he was, and there doesn't seem to be a marker anywhere on the map suggesting where I have to take this ice cream, even after tapping on all the options on the mission's log entry in the Missions tab.

Voror

I placed a few of mine on the previous page with reasoning. In general, you create builds that maximize on the figure's strengths while allowing them some sort of active flexibility around the time-baser system. You naturally figure these ins and outs upon using any figure. You can easily figure out which stats are most beneficial from there.

Yes, I saw those and have been trying to use the logic from them in building others.

I guess I'm still not entirely clear on how Dodge and Luck work precisely. I understand from the instructions of course, but not the chances of their effects being triggered. And does Power only affect attack damage or can it enhance other abilities?

To use Robin as an example, he has two attacks and a power booster. In that case, would power and perhaps dodge be the best things to shoot for? Red X I would imagine would benefit from a boost in Dodge which could pair nicely with Smoke Bomb?

ZeroX03

Banned
Finally got the Scamiandar quest reward. Don't sleep on that, the prize is awesome!
Darkseid with two good damage skills and a big group heal.

So far the dodge stat seems to be the weakest investment for me. I see bonus tofu from luck often, but even with like 21 dodge on my Robin I see it once every 10+ attacks. He even starts with a free smoke bomb and still always gets hit. Health seems to be the best choice if you're indecisive. Good for everyone. Power may require a few increases before you see results.

Ultimadrago

Dumb question, but is there an easy way to track mission objectives on the world map? I bought ice cream for the guy in line at the very beginning of the game, but I can't remember where he was, and there doesn't seem to be a marker anywhere on the map suggesting where I have to take this ice cream, even after tapping on all the options on the mission's log entry in the Missions tab.

From what I've seen some of the missions are tracked when pinned and others aren't (even ones that aren't the "Find X Things" objectives on the map). The first ice cream guy for me was in front of the Kords N Wires Shop (just to the right of the locked golden gates up North that lead to Uppity Town).

He appeared there for me there the first time and the Uppity Town Store (behind the golden gates north of town) the second time.

Yes, I saw those and have been trying to use the logic from them in building others.

I guess I'm still not entirely clear on how Dodge and Luck work precisely. I understand from the instructions of course, but not the chances of their effects being triggered. And does Power only affect attack damage or can it enhance other abilities?

To use Robin as an example, he has two attacks and a power booster. In that case, would power and perhaps dodge be the best things to shoot for? Red X I would imagine would benefit from a boost in Dodge which could pair nicely with Smoke Bomb?

Hm, I don't have exact percentages on the stats, but yeah the basics are Dodge being Agility and Luck being Crit/LuckDuck Chance.

As far as I know Power only affects damaging abilities. That said, at this point I've never really worked on a person that used the drone/pellet abilities (where a robot or poison ball sticks around an opponent, interrupting them with damage over time). It may or not affect how much damage one takes off in their duration. I'm not sure it does as they don't really come with a set damage value to begin with, but are simply stackable to increase overall damage and frequency of interruption. Hopefully someone can correct me on that!

Okay, so good ol' Robin. He's made to have a very balanced set with an Early Power Boost, a weak attack with no effect as a secondary in the middle and a strong attack with an effect (Slam) as final. In the start I went for Power and Dodge with him, as you said. The Dodge was to increase his chances of dodging completely while charging to other abilities, but as I used the Team Switch mechanic that changed more or less.

Since Robin doesn't have any abilities that require charging after activation, he could just have easily gone with more Health to tank more attacks if he's caught or starting out at the front lines. Early-game he makes for a solid lead allowing you to stack attack boosts for himself or someone else. So I would go with Power and HP for him making the most out of his weak middle ability. You should quickly grow out of relying on his Staff Slam ability as its Stun doesn't last too long and you'll find better ways to make use from a full-bar (unless you don't! There's a lot of flexibility in the game so its possible to use him for a long time if you like him).

Red X, yes, increase your base Dodge to capitalize on Smoke Bomb. A single Dodge gives you plenty of time to get to Shuriken. He starts off with very low base Dodge, but giving him some points in that along with the very inexpensive Smoke Bomb Boost can have enemies missing for ages on Single target moves. Over time you may want to increase his Power as well, just so Shuriken isn't a complete waste of space and can really allow for easy tangible damage. I wouldn't focus on Luck as he's not the hardest hitter regardless nor HP as his Dodge capabilities are there to compensate.

Finally got the Scamiandar quest reward. Don't sleep on that, the prize is awesome!
Darkseid with two good damage skills and a big group heal.

So far the dodge stat seems to be the weakest investment for me. I see bonus tofu from luck often, but even with like 21 dodge on my Robin I see it once every 10+ attacks. He even starts with a free smoke bomb and still always gets hit. Health seems to be the best choice if you're indecisive. Good for everyone. Power may require a few increases before you see results.

Hm, can't say I've had a similar experience with Dodge. I've found that just 6 points makes a very noticeable difference for a lot of fighters even to the point where I ignore HP boosts to increase it more depending. That said, I agree with you that if you aren't sure, you should go with HP. Dodge is best used when topping off characters that either have:

- Use of an easy skill that increases it, [like Red X, 80's Robin, etc.]
- A fighter that relies on Charge abilities so that they have a good chance of being uninterrupted [Raven, Dr. Light, etc)
- Or masters the battlefield by having sole use of the ATB bar for the team (Lady Legasus, R. Brother Blood, etc.).

If the fighter you have isn't showing any of the above, assess more and perhaps decide on HP to make sure they can take more than a hit from monsters like a charged B'Wana Beast.

ZeroX03

Banned
The starting Smoke Bomb has never dodged an attack for me. I don't know why I use it. Fast Charge and +10 Health have easily been the best mods so far.

Ultimadrago

I've made sure to include no notable Spoilers in the images.

Finally finished the game (at what I believe is 100%?) with all figures, no remaining missions and Story completed. Man, this game was such a treat! Building a team and running into all of the goofy personalities from the show was great, but I never expected to become quite so consumed with it over this weekend!

While some of the RPG elements could be a bit tighter, I am really glad the game has plenty of flexibility allowing for all sorts of teams to complete the game. I honestly had a blast with this and really look forward to your next project, MrCheez. Thank you to you and your team for making this. Heck, I would take post-game content for this if that were an option!

For those on the fence, I recommend this title as a hearty, IAP-Free simple RPG funhouse with a fun collectible presentation and some chuckles straight from the spirit of the show. You don't need to be familiar with the show to enjoy the game, but I think it'd help. On the other hand, seeing the caricatures of DC Comics figures could be a pleasant surprise if you've never seen them at all. The 70 Character Models are fun to collect, though please note that their similarities do crossover plenty in attack animations and move sets. Don't go in expect all 70 to be wildly different each with their own unique combat animations. In any case, a really well-spent $3.99.

P.S. Before I forget: One of the Hidden Hotdogs is
to the right of the Teen Titans HQ
. I don't want to spoil for those looking themselves, but that one took me forever to find!

I'll keep popping in the thread to see others' comments and help out if needed on a mission or build feedback.

The Teen Titans Go hate in this thread is strong. No reason to hate on a show just because its not exactly like the old one.

Always found it ironic given how much the old one diverged from the source material to begin with.

Teen Titans Go! >>>>>> Teen Titans

but CN sure loves milking TTG as much as possible

Lol. Still, pretty rare to see this kind of opinion.

I think that too many people view the original with rose-colored glasses. It had its moments, but it was trying too hard to be FLCL with the animation, which it couldn't even meet halfway for the most part. Not to mention that even though people will complain about Go! reducing the Titans to jokes, the '03 cartoon already had one foot in silly caricature-dom to begin with, and its silly moments often interrupted the overall flow of a scene.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Always found it ironic given how much the old one diverged from the source material to begin with.

It's different in that the original show was an adaptation of the comic. A TV show spawning from a tv show, that is radically different, feels less like an adaptation and more of a slap in the face.

I tried watching an episode and was not into it. But the clips that people send me or I find online are always amazing (i.e. the get serious episode). So either the show got better or it's a mixed bag. Regardless, I'm happy that the brand is continuing on in some form. Don't watch the show but bought the game and loving it.

The episode "Wally T" is pretty meta. It's a great episode for all fans alike!

Also, I'm really addicted to this game. The mechanics are pretty simple, but I'm trying to figure out some OP team for the EZ game. :<

So i bought this today and i've been playing for a while, for 3.99 this game is a steal, so muh fun. But looking for specific items with robin gets pretty annoying :/ i've been looking for a waffle and the 3rd camera for ages now.

Ultimadrago

So i bought this today and i've been playing for a while, for 3.99 this game is a steal, so muh fun. But looking for specific items with robin gets pretty annoying :/ i've been looking for a waffle and the 3rd camera for ages now.

The last camera I found was the one on the pet store and I want to say there's more than 10 waffles? I dunno. I found those rather quickly. Did you get the one in the fountain of Uppity Town?

Shauni

Eventually I'll get over how Paper Mario completely pooped itself and I'll be able to appreciate the "lol you liked the old thing lol" jokes. Eventually.

I think it's generally less "you liked the old thing lol" and more "you liked the old thing, so you automatically reject the new thing because it's not the old thing lol."

The last camera I found was the one on the pet store and I want to say there's more than 10 waffles? I dunno. I found those rather quickly. Did you get the one in the fountain of Uppity Town?

Not sure i have Uppity Town ublocked yet? But i found the last waffle i needed on the beach, now i just need to find that last camera x.x Think im done for today though, 3 hours is enough, my hand keeps cramping up lol

It's different in that the original show was an adaptation of the comic. A TV show spawning from a tv show, that is radically different, feels less like an adaptation and more of a slap in the face.

I tried watching an episode and was not into it. But the clips that people send me or I find online are always amazing (i.e. the get serious episode). So either the show got better or it's a mixed bag. Regardless, I'm happy that the brand is continuing on in some form. Don't watch the show but bought the game and loving it.

I know. What I'm saying is the "ruined my childhood camp" is not really in any position to complain, given how relatively light the original already was next to the rest of the modern (BtAS onward) animated DC catalogue. Even though Go! took it up another notch, at least it went full on; the '03 Titans wanted it both ways an suffered for it.

The game sounds really fun. I enjoyed what I played of Attack the Light.

P. S. Fun fact: Adam Tierney of WayForward wrote the episodes "Pirates" and "Some of Their Parts"

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
It's excellent. Very polished, and the combat has a surprising amount of nuance. ATB combat with individual and team-wide buffs and skills, leveling and upgrading stats, modchips that act as perks and ability modifiers, 70 different characters spread across multiple classes, a Rock-Paper-Scisssors-esque relationship between classes

TA's footage shows off the gameplay well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqHKsrNy3ec

Thanks I'm in then!

My biggest beef with games like this is the screens on the store never really show me how the game actually PLAYs.

I guess I love the show. My kids do anyways so I've seen like every episode now. LoL

Top Bottom