• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2016 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE! (REAL PICS ONLY)

Caayn

I would honestly be fine with banning pictures of firearms from threads like these. However, that's up to the mods and such. Not going to shame the poster, but it sticks out like a sore thumb in thread full of game and geek stuff.
People post non "gaming and geek" stuff all the time. Sports equipment, shoes, watches, babies, houses, etc.

Taker34

Banned
People post non "gaming and geek" stuff all the time. Sports equipment, shoes, watches, babies, houses, etc.
None of those items were made with the intention to kill though. I wouldn't compare guns to babies. Not criticizing the pick-up but due to recent events and global conflicts, I can understand why many feel uncomfortable when seeing such pictures. In the end the mods decide whether that's ok or not - we're certainly allowed to discuss about pick ups in a respectful way, aren't we?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Thats a nice looking gun.

People need to stop whining, just cause it isnt to your taste doesnt mean he shouldnt be allowed to share it.

Andrew J.

TMS

2016-06-24%2016.01.11%20HDR-2_zpszon5n4hf.jpg

Haven't posted in here in quite a while but this is good enough.

Picked up an Acer Predator XB271HU in preparation for whenever my GTX 1080 ships.

N2VY4Jb6qhpVVQWFkYbw4s_HzUYLVZDSkEOb_E5yT6LfCXCW6OQFYVWWFNPG0pugxEZKvfandJCSEMePd6iZlsIcpZjh29J70WVYOYdIwL6_HhpqX6oK4x-dtWp3pVyfOGs2T1BKkg4RlWTc_mUkclcqMBj-Ul1yf7uXJdGVMxpIi8N00d6Oxx1rios2svMmF6Nq4KFJSe6hVXrmskD1JpgTYygVgs4Z-ZttOatMZlvS_ZA1uewQL0lFpyhX0fmessgMs5IFFgFBNVyFH9CYNdOhtmSCqqcjWGqVG84mTr7UW4nqwRYeR_CiYXdsNYFj37Ebr35AYC-hFElnmeT92BD53amUdY34S5Iliy4RE5ogYCq01VQigDjGEB_XQ1LutEM_tRkhu_JzrFqI4l0hf_ni8jxRI3xKw1hnH9PrIqG_BNiuW_NP9CpKu2GKn0GwL8wNn4E0agbcpg_ez3jmVOPxjCWxTCqEoIDqUplvnJ0qvEvswpjoU2afrPgpWltfwKlIdBJUvo29m7C6K7ks7sOBuTB51Xt90sXyb2FaKZ3HXsizaA6X1MU5WIB2eaus4AYqdiehGb8-wKkKgcx3Ri23Ej0EZyg=w2260-h1271-no

2560x1440, G-Sync and 165 Hz. My current card (gtx 680) can only push it to 120 hz but the difference is substantial compared to 60 hz. it has replaced my old cheap korean monitor from eBay. Man, those things were great at the time. 27 inch 1440p IPS screen for like 300 dollars.

If only this 1080 availability situation were not such a mess.

I'm not taking a stance on your purchase, but I'm just curious what you plan to shoot with? A bit overboard for hunting--is it just for taking to ranges and things like that e.g. purely for sport?
Yep. It's a fun hobby I like to do. Target shooting is nice and relaxing for me. Just all by myself. I always try to do better.

Thats a nice looking gun.

People need to stop whining, just cause it isnt to your taste doesnt mean he shouldnt be allowed to share it.
Thanks.

Gamerman1

Yep. It's a fun hobby I like to do. Target shooting is nice and relaxing for me. Just all by myself. I always try to do better.

Thanks.

It is a hobby I enjoy too. I like going to the outside range and trying the timed drills and activities. Though I like it better when its not so damn hot. Otherwise I got a huge indoor range.

New get. Not game related but man am I happy!!!

Bushmaster AR-15, Came with a free red dot scope.

Changed out the grip, mussel break, and trigger guard.

As a european, this pickup seems so sureal to me.

Scary that ye guys can get access to this type of weaponry and use it for fun.

How much would something like that set you back?

Planned to grab TMS and go home but then saw half price amiibo and then met with friends to go retro shopping and so I got more than just TMS.

r1kAn2N.jpg

Oh, and I forgot to post this at the time as well. Brother went on a trip to Japan and I asked him to grab this for me.
rrYF0UU.jpg

eXistor

Expensive day yesterday and man, where am I even gonna find the time to play them? With Star Ocean 5 coming out next week as well! First world problems I suppose.

TLMExYJ.jpg

USK ratings ruining boxarts since 1994.

eXistor

2009 actually ;)

My deepgoing 1-minute research on their website said they were established in 1994. I guess these logo's are the most recent but their older ones weren't exactly lookers. In any case: they're terrible and need a serious redesign.

Kaname

My deepgoing 1-minute research on their website said they were established in 1994. I guess these logo's are the most recent but their older ones weren't exactly lookers. In any case: they're terrible and need a serious redesign.

I just think it's dumb that there are two (?) different ratings in Europe. Can't they just get together and decide on one? I mean, Dark Souls 3 even had the Russian one on the cover. They probably save money by printing a single version instead of three or more but it's just lazy, especially if it actually ruins the cover artwork in some cases.

TheMoon

USK logos only started appearing on the FRONT of box arts in a post-Counter Strike world somewhere between PS2-GCN launch. Even then, they were tiny and even smaller than PEGI logos. Only after the big wave of school shootings in the early second half of the 00s did the government panic and force them to use the gigantic versions (which started appearing in 2008, I think and were "quickly" changed to the current, less horrific looking but still way too large versions we know today still).

I just think it's dumb that there are two (?) different ratings in Europe. Can't they just get together and decide on one? I mean, Dark Souls 3 even had the Russian one on the cover. They probably save money by printing a single version instead of three or more but it's just lazy, especially if it actually ruins the cover artwork in some cases.

Saving money and then calling it lazy is quite contradicting. :D

They can't "just" do that because Germany has government mandated regulations and is partially involved in the USK.

This whole thing is was more complex than you think. (and that sucks because fuck USK and its costs/process/logos).

eXistor

USK logos only started appearing on the FRONT of box arts in a post-Counter Strike world somewhere between PS2-GCN launch. Even then, they were tiny and even smaller than PEGI logos. Only after the big wave of school shootings in the early second half of the 00s did the government panic and force them to use the gigantic versions (which started appearing in 2008, I think and were "quickly" changed to the current, less horrific looking but still way too large versions we know today still).

I see, the more you know :)

Yeah I think it's because they're made in one central factory or something, they just slap all relevant logos on there. I agree though, why can't they just get together and decide on one unified logo? Preferrably one that's small and has some style like the PEGI logo, which I have no problems with. I seriously doubt they have any effect whatsoever anyway.

ngower

As a european, this pickup seems so sureal to me.

Scary that ye guys can get access to this type of weaponry and use it for fun.

How much would something like that set you back?

It's probably $5-700 for the gun itself then whatever else he wants to throw on top of it. I'm not sure if there's a fee for the background check or any of that, but suffice it to say something like this is pretty pricey.

I'm not a gun person so I don't know the ins-and-outs of it all, but I know the ammo, magazines, sights, etc aren't cheap and the gun itself is basically an entry-level gaming PC.

TheMoon

I see, the more you know :)

See here for example.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/WaveRace-Blu...019992?hash=item41ad478618:g:4uwAAOSwMNxXZWym
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Videospiel-W...682148?hash=item41a5a13e64:g:9GUAAOSw8d9U1QHY

Had to dig on eBay.

Wave Race Blue Storm, GCN launch game. German copy. No USK logo on the front, just this old ass ELSPA thing (also appeared on the UK copies) which was a predecessor to PEGI (http://retrocdn.net/Entertainment_and_Leisure_Software_Publishers_Association). At that point, I think only 18-rated games had to have the USK logo on the front cover. See Resident Evil remake. Also interesting to see the size difference here, showing that the logo already had grown a bit by 2004.

I made a little comparison through the ages. Notice how Conker's Bad Fur Day had the logo ON THE BACK OF THE BOX (the glory days). My old boxed PC games had the logo on the side/spine sometimes even.

Bonus fun fact: Note how even the USK 16 logo used to be yellow. Only the "all ages" and "18" rating had different colors.

Yeah I think it's because they're made in one central factory or something, they just slap all relevant logos on there. I agree though, why can't they just get together and decide on one unified logo? Preferrably one that's small and has some style like the PEGI logo, which I have no problems with. I seriously doubt they have any effect whatsoever anyway.

Around Christmas time I overheard a conversation in a big electronic chain's game section between a Mom and an employee. She was planning to buy a 3DS for her kid and was looking into some games. At one point she asked what those big numbers on the boxes mean, if they indicate how hard those games are ...

I died a little inside.

eXistor

Around Christmas time I overheard a conversation in a big electronic chain's game section between a Mom and an employee. She was planning to buy a 3DS for her kid and was looking into some games. At one point she asked what those big numbers on the boxes mean, if they indicate how hard those games are ...

I died a little inside.

I manage a gamestore and in fact most people think this. At least a few times a week do I have to make clear that it's not a difficulty rating.

Thanks for the detailed post above btw, I never really put much attention to the ratings until they became such an eyesore.

TheMoon

I manage a gamestore and in fact most people think this. At least a few times a week do I have to make clear that it's not a difficulty rating.

Thanks for the detailed post above btw, I never really put much attention to the ratings until they became such an eyesore.

This is really really depressing. The fact alone and even more so when it's the reasons we who know better have to suffer these huge logos on our game boxes because of those people. :(

lhbDo8lm.jpg

Got this Day One since I absolutely adored the first Mirror's Edge and this was my most anticipated game for this year after Uncharted 4 but unfortunetly I was extremely disappointed by it.
hvlswi6m.png

Fantastic album, I've found my new favourite band thanks to Glastonbury.

w5WLoE3.jpg

Love, love, love this game but stuck at this one ass annoying bit
fighting the alien pilots, the final ones to escape the ship

Sophist

Steelseries Ikari Limited Edition. Quality is cheap but ergonomics is top notch.

uCGkJrK.jpg

MIBR ESWC 2006 Champions logo on top.

vwFaxUd.jpg

Chastten

Banned
Holy shit, the only thing missing to make it the most American post ever is him saying he picked it up at his local supermarket. So weird, this is something you see happening in movies. :p

Anyways, my June pick-ups. I'm ready for a typical Dutch summer!

Top Bottom