• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tejina Senpai 19
cBIkifk.png
RIP physics. More importantly, RIP senpai's butt. Spicy food is the worst, and forcing someone to eat it is a breach of their human rights.

Zweizer

Banned
Tsugumomo ch89

Yikes.

Tejina Senpai ch19

Even physics bully her.

Yandere Kanojo ch74.5

That's some obsession.

Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Rachirareta Ken ch53

Goddamn tsunderes.

VRMN

Shomin Sample 53

You fucked it up Eri. You had it all and you fucked it up. For once it wasn't a dense MC that was the problem. He figured it out and you went and ruined it you dumb butt.
Sigh. Also, now an incest plot? Though I'm inclined to think that's just a TL issue due to framing, it wouldn't be shocking if they remove Eri by idiocy and Miyuki by blood after they basically sidelined Reiko.

Since we all know Aika's been destined to win from the start, every other character being more entertaining be damned. (Karen and Hakua have been the 'yeah right' options from the start.)

More people can read viz's shonen jump (I wonder if it applies to all their digital manga too)
Since we first went digital back in 2012, we’ve had one goal in mind—get everyone in the world to read Shonen Jump . And like an SJ character, we’re not giving up until we reach our goal! We've recently become available in Singapore, the Philippines and India and we're planning to add more countries in the future. And to take it to the next level, we also have a new site with a ton of manga chapters you can read for free!
http://www.viz.com/blog/posts/the-new-weekly-shonen-jump

VRMN

It's... Not actually like that.

[EDIT] - Eh, I'll only spoil it if somebody asks. :p It's not a big deal—kinda stupid, actually.
I honestly assume based on framing and the way that title works that she's a cousin or something like that. But the TL used "sister" and she wakes him up by kissing him on the lips. So it's a TL issue or she's into her brother.

I err on "cousin," because who forgets a sister, but wouldn't be shocked. I will never be shocked by incest subplots in harem manga. Ever.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

I bet Seo thinks he's smart mentioning different guitars and pickups even though the dialogue makes no goddamn sense if you even vaguely know anything about guitars.

Yeah, I don't think any of us who read Shomin Sample are particularly worried about spoilers.

I assumed Miyuki was just fulfilling the "not really related but call him brother so otaku can jerk off" quota.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I'm all caught up on WataMote. Her interactions with emoji face girl are my favorite.

I Am a Hero ch. 230

Dang, the shotgun's been with him since the jump. Bad choice tbh.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To 24
Treasurer first major appearance in the manga, and he already got death threat. May he survive the whole semester

Dansan Joshi 6-7

Smelling underwear that been worn for one weeks sound like a hellish punishment for me!
So, we see a JK girl willingly scratch a dude balls to help him create a masterpiece that is a penis clay model. Only author know why every students seem obsessed with penis.

Well, while talking about penis, i might as well post impression about one of Oshimi Shuzo early work that centered around penis. I forgot if i ever post impression about it or not, but here goes.

Avant Garde Yumeko

Yumeko, the main character, for some reason has an obsession with penis. Everyday she can only think about drawing avant garde art related to penis. She not only want to see one, she also want to touch it, and feel it. Her wish to see one in real life was finally granted when she join her school art club and met with Honda, the club single active member who beg Yumeko to join the school art club in exchange for him to become her nude sketch model.

In essence, this is a manga about self discovery regarding sexuality. In contrast with how other manga treat MC like Yumeko as a slut or a pure virgin, she's actually quite active in her search for penis. It's her inspiration. She treat Honda as an object for her to find her inspiration, using his penis as a brushing tool for painting (on a serious note, don't try this at home) then later ask him for sex so she could find her inspiration and true calling, to truly understand what a penis is. She didn't even gave him the satisfaction to cum. Yumeko manage achieve aspiration on what she wanted, while Honda... well, he's satisfied with how he is treated as a canvas. He's never gonna be seen as an equal to Yumeko. For her, Honda will always be that guy who provide her an access to easy penis.

In many others media, we often see how the reverse often occur, with male character dominating and treating female character as an object, so seeing this manga was refreshing in some way due to how it treat it's character. Not the mention the absurd humour was funny too.

Zweizer

Banned
Kakegurui Twin ch1 by Kawamoto Homura and Saiki Kei

Kakegurui prequel spinoff starring Mary, as she enters the academy and aims to reach the top of the world. It's going to be interesting to see how she went from a mostly righteous position to the one she was at the start of the main series.

Sai

I honestly assume based on framing and the way that title works that she's a cousin or something like that. But the TL used "sister" and she wakes him up by kissing him on the lips. So it's a TL issue or she's into her brother.

I err on "cousin," because who forgets a sister, but wouldn't be shocked. I will never be shocked by incest subplots in harem manga. Ever.
Go for it.
Yeah. I don't care about Shomin Sample's plot. Read it for the luls.
Kimito temporarily takes the place of her actual brother, who he strongly resembles. Bonds are made, hijinks ensue, and if I remember correctly he loses his memories some time during this ordeal.

As for why he has to even go through this, I think the real brother just didn't want to deal with her, or something. Hope I'm remembering all this right. :p

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Kimito temporarily takes the place of her actual brother, who he strongly resembles. Bonds are made, hijinks ensue, and if I remember correctly he loses his memories some time during this ordeal.

As for why he has to even go through this, I think the real brother just didn't want to deal with her, or something. Hope I'm remembering all this right. :p

Is it wrong that I expected something even dumber?

Shengar

Mizukami Power Chart:
Spirit Circle > Hoshi no Samidare > Sengoku Youko
That doesn't mean Sengoku Youko being bad or anything. Its quality still above compared to regular run-of-the-mill shounen mangas out there, but for me it have the weakest theme presentation among the three Mizukami's big works. Sure Sengoku Youko have better consistency from the start unlike Hoshi no Samidare but the latter's ending have more kick compared to the former. Regardless, Mizukami Satoshi is really talented.

VRMN

Is it wrong that I expected something even dumber?
It is impressively dumb, but given this series' pedigree, I'd say you're not wrong being disappointed with the relatively tepid stupidity.

Question:
does Miyuki know he was only a stand-in? Or does she still think he's her brother?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom