• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marin From Links Awakening to join Hyrule Warriors as DLC

Neiteio

To think Hyrule Warriors launched with half the actual characters
That's pretty amazing, now that you mention it. :-O

The final CSS is going to be a god-tier lineup.

I'm thinking...

Linebeck as the new character for PH/ST.

Guardian (Spirit Zelda with armor suit) for Link's new weapon in the PH/ST pack.

Ravio as the first new character in the ALBW pack.

Yuga as the second new character in the ALBW pack.

Ravio's Bracelet could allow Ravio to have wall-painting powers. Yuga could have similar powers with his scepter.

Neiteio

So how much will Marin + the Legends pack cost on WiiU? (I take it the Legends pack is Linkle, Toon Link, Tetra, Daphnes, Skull Kid, right?) And Medli is free?

Neiteio

Hmm, so it looks like $10 for the season pass containing the LADX pack, PH/SS pack, and ALBW pack... and then $13 for the Legends pack.

So $23 for the following items of interest to me:

- Linkle
- Toon Link
- Tetra
- King Daphnes
- Skull Kid
- Marin
- ??? (PH/SS)
- ??? (ALBW)
- ??? (ALBW)
- Ganondorf's trident
- Linkle's boots
- Toon Link's new weapon

And Medli is a free bonus.

I think that's a good deal. About $2 per new moveset.

Hope I have enough materials to unlock all of their moves without needing to grind!

That's pretty amazing, now that you mention it. :-O

The final CSS is going to be a god-tier lineup.

I'm thinking...

Linebeck as the new character for PH/ST.

Guardian (Spirit Zelda with armor suit) for Link's new weapon in the PH/ST pack.

Ravio as the first new character in the ALBW pack.

Yuga as the second new character in the ALBW pack.

Ravio's Bracelet could allow Ravio to have wall-painting powers. Yuga could have similar powers with his scepter.
I think you're spot on with everything except the bolded. I could see them go with the spirit flute as an item.

Hopefully for Hyrule Warriors NX, we get Groose, Saria, Twinrova, Agahnim, Byrne, Chancellor Cole, Vaati, Ralis, Mask Salesman, Makar, Farore, Djin, Nayru and any BotW characters.

Played both ALTTP and LA for the first time two/three years ago.

A Link to the Past is a timeless masterpiece, Link's Awakening is kind of a mess, it's only a great achievement because it was on the original Game Boy. The comparison between the two holds no ground whatsoever.

Similar experience here, opposite opinion tho. Lttp just felt very bland to me, the master piece thing may infact be very timeful, imo. While LA was endlessly endearing, and with really fun boss fights besides.
Not keeping the ability to jump in the 2d entries was a mistake.

Ryce

I think you're spot on with everything except the bolded. I could see them go with the spirit flute as an item.
The Spirit Flute would undoubtedly be a light element weapon, which Toon Link already has, so I don't think they'd give him that. Nobody else with 2-3 weapons doubles up on elements (Zelda, Impa, Ganondorf, Lana, Linkle).

I have a really strong feeling that the PH/ST pack will contain Toon Zelda with the Spirit Flute and Toon Link with the Phantom. I know Linebeck is popular, but everyone thought Skull Kid was a shoo-in for the Majora's Mask pack too.

Top Bottom