• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danny Phantom Mafia |OT| Your lynch doesn't stand a ghost of a chance!

Karkador

Banned
Are we reading that sentence two different ways? I should have said "from D1" instead of "since D1"

I meant that I was not in contact with Danny from D1. Recruitment = I can talk to DP. So starting N2

*Splinter

fire_community.gif

I don't like the cop claim, I think it's bait so that Danny Phantom isn't protected tonight.

But then Kark changes his story to match it?

VOTE: Karkador

I don't see any other choice. Worst case scenario he's telling the truth and we get info on "Team DP"

Ty4on

Oh, I see. I read it as:

"I was only in contact with him on D1 and haven't been in contact with him ever since"

Karkador

Banned
fire_community.gif

I don't like the cop claim, I think it's bait so that Danny Phantom isn't protected tonight.

But then Kark changes his story to match it?

VOTE: Karkador

I don't see any other choice. Worst case scenario he's telling the truth and we get info on "Team DP"

How did I change my story? In my initial claim post, I said (in Twin Peaks themed words) that I started the game knowing DP, and then on a following night, I was able to start communicating with him.

I haven't changed my story. I hid the fact that he has a recruitment power so that I'm not just handing over information to the scum team for free. Now that DP has a chance to specifically target someone and confirm them, it's worth sharing that info.

I'm giving you more information on Team DP than my role flip will give you.

gryvan

Gawd damn it Kark

UNVOTE

that reasoning makes too much sense for me since i watched the show...gawd now I really wished i didn't watch the show...

I don't see Kark's story as changing maybe a little vague initially, yes. Enough to go on to vote for Kark? No. I realize at this point it does little good since so many people aren't here to voting.

I still think Panda not switching his vote and last minute claim need a closer look.

vote: Giant Panda

*Splinter

How did I change my story? In my initial claim post, I said (in Twin Peaks themed words) that I started the game knowing DP, and then on a following night, I was able to start communicating with him.

I haven't changed my story. I hid the fact that he has a recruitment power so that I'm not just handing over information to the scum team for free. Now that DP has a chance to specifically target someone and confirm them, it's worth sharing that info.

I'm giving you more information on Team DP than my role flip will give you.
I mean painting Ty as scum, but now he's just "not a town PR". I realise it's still possibly true but it's very convenient that you had an escape route. You didn't even consider the possibility that Panda is lying?

My main problem is that I still don't understand your role, is this a glorified gossip?

You claim you are withholding info from scum. I say bullshit, town is more in the dark than scum are. You're withholding info so that you can react and work around other claims (as we have already seen with Panda).

Karkador

Banned
I mean painting Ty as scum, but now he's just "not a town PR". I realise it's still possibly true but it's very convenient that you had an escape route. You didn't even consider the possibility that Panda is lying?

I had to put pressure on Ty to see what he and others would do about it. With that said, all my observations about him were honestly what I thought after looking through his stuff.

I think it's pretty clear that I doubt Panda's claim. He claims he looked at people he didn't even vote for, and the claim is a bit too reactionary in clearing Ty while also casting doubt on me.

My main problem is that I still don't understand your role, is this a glorified gossip?

DP, you could say is a glorified gossip. I'm just a named townie.

You claim you are withholding info from scum. I say bullshit, town is more in the dark than scum are. You're withholding info so that you can react and work around other claims (as we have already seen with Panda).

Scum is as in-the-dark about Town PRs as Town is. You think it's a good idea for me to just announce what Danny Phantom does? Then they can just formulate a claim around that. If Giant Panda is scum, it's because he tripped on me not revealing DP's power to confirm him.

Karkador

Banned
Kark who would you want to lynch today then.

Sorry on phone so please excuse my spelling errors

Myself? I don't like what I see from Stanley, Blarg, and it's possible that Rats is not Town. There are a bunch of names that are inactive, though, so this list is nowhere near definitive. I'm not confident in a vote today.

Honestly, if I were DP, I wouldn't claim. If Kark is lying, I'd probably just be pushing really hard on how his claim came the fuck outta nowhere.

*Splinter

Lynch Ty to verify Panda?
But then Panda dies overnight anyway.

Actually if Kark lives he can verify Panda... maybe.

Hmm

I've never trusted melonrabbit, and hes currently voting the claimed cop.

Rats' claim I trust

Flush and Trigger are cleared (for now)

I need to consult the player list.

Fuck it.

Vote: GIant Panda

There were several people under fire the last few days and GP only checked one.

Someone mind telling me who it was who claimed Miller again?

Karkador

Banned
Thats' the problem ; we start running short on active players to vote on.

If Panda clears tonight, we effectively have 4 people confirmed. So I wouldn't touch anyone on Panda's list for now. Panda dying tonight would also confirm.

*Splinter

Thats' the problem ; we start running short on active players to vote on.

If Panda clears tonight, we effectively have 4 people confirmed. So I wouldn't touch anyone on Panda's list for now. Panda dying tonight would also confirm.
Yeah I'm struggling to find a full scum team out of the players I don't trust (assuming, for now, that claims are true)

Basically 3 of Palmtree, melonrabbit, gryvan, ultron87, Blarg.

That's roughly in order of lynch preference, except maybe Blarg who I can't make my mind up on. His play style makes me think town-Blarg, but his actual arguments have been fairly poor.

Karkador

Banned
Blarg's play makes me think scum Blarg. It's the "fling mud at the wall until something sticks" type of play to get people lynched, not careful reasoning and teamwork.

ultron87

So avoiding Panda, anyone on his list and Karkador makes sense. The various stories line up enough that I'll give that a shot.

Blarg has the "hammer trap", tunneling on Star, and the obnoxious insistence on Flush's typo. Sure. Back to where I was yesterday.

Vote: Blargonaut

Ty4on

I really don't know who to vote for right now. Stanley feels like the easy way out though so I'm keeping my vote on Splinter.

Scum Blarg is slow as molasses though
This is very true. Several layers of paint dried in the time it took for his defence :p

*Splinter

I really don't know who to vote for right now. Stanley feels like the easy way out though so I'm keeping my vote on Splinter.

This is very true. Several layers of paint dried in the time it took for his defence :p
Elaborate on Stanley being "the easy way out". As far as I remember he's been generally town read, and I don't have the time (or knowledge) to build a case against him.

Apologies

Panda has claimed cop, no reason to lynch him today.

Being town also doesn't prevent him from being wrong (as he is with me)

No worries.

If Panda believes you to be scum then why not switch instead of essentially wasting a vote?? Especially he's already pointed out how frustrated he is about how inactive and passive everyone is?

I have trouble getting around this and from D2 on Panda have been on my list.

Ty4on

Elaborate on Stanley being "the easy way out". As far as I remember he's been generally town read, and I don't have the time (or knowledge) to build a case against him.
It's 4:30am where he lives and he has gone to bed.

That shouldn't immortalize him, but he can't fight back.

*Splinter

No worries.

If Panda believes you to be scum then why not switch instead of essentially wasting a vote?? Especially he's already pointed out how frustrated he is about how inactive and passive everyone is?

I have trouble getting around this and from D2 on Panda have been on my list.
I don't follow? Are you suggesting I swap to Panda because he thinks I'm scum? I'm not sure whether he's scum or not, but he has claimed cop. Tonight he either gets killed by scum or verified by Danny. If he survives we also get another result. Lynching him today would be a mistake.

I propose we lynch neither Kark nor Giant Panda nor anyone on Giant Panda's list. If Danny really can invite "friends" then Kark and GP can verify each other soon.

So I'll do what I should have done a long time ago right when Blarg gave me that fishy feeling.

vote: Blargonaut

I don't follow? Are you suggesting I swap to Panda because he thinks I'm scum? I'm not sure whether he's scum or not, but he has claimed cop. Tonight he either gets killed by scum or verified by Danny. If he survives we also get another result. Lynching him today would be a mistake.

No. I'm explaining the reasoning behind my vote for today, claim or not. If it's sufficient enough for you, you're welcome to switch your vote as well. I don't think this enough to vote for anyone else today, so I have to stick with my gut.

1BS4Uxa.png

So let me understand this:

• Karkadarryl claims to have known the identity of Danny Phantom from the get-go, since D1, via a "dream".
  • Karkadarryl claims that he is Jazz Fenton, taking the likely Town-aligned Role name, not one of the evil Danny clones or the female Dani Phantom clone.
  • Karkadarryl claims that Danny Phantom can recruit his "friends" from the show, insinuating that Danny Phantom is a Weak-type of Investigator that can determine whether players are part of his close circle of named friends (even though Enker's, who was Sam Manson, had no mention of this in their Role PM, only the DP Enabler bit) who by that virtue alone are likely Town, but doesn't confirm whether they are Town or not (which could possibly be problematic with a character like Valerie Gray, Rats' name-claim, who is a friend and acquaintance of Danny's from Amity Park, and thus could be Town, but has also fought Danny Phantom on multiple occasions in the show and thus could also be scum/Neutral; someone like this could be a "friend" of Danny's just as easily as Jazz or Sam likely are, which strangely brings into question Danny Phantom's Town-alignment if scum/Neutrals can be taken into his circle... unless DP can overwrite alignments like a Town Cult of sorts, which is highly unlikely, or if he just simply identifies such conflicted individuals like Valerie Gray as "not a friend" as Kark claims).
  • Karkadarryl claims that he has an open gossip chat channel with Danny Phantom after being recruited?
  • Karkadarryl claims to have been recruited by Danny Phantom, but did not say on which Night, N1? N2? N3? That's a critical piece of information, because what are the fucking odds of Danny recruiting someone from Kark's alleged 'select pool of recruitable DP friends' within 3 Days? Are these "friends" that common in our game, or did Danny just get lucky, or did Danny mutually know who his eldest sister Jazz was among us from the get-go too?
In the end, there are too many unknowns and too much word-of-mouth here. We need confirmation of claims that only a flip can provide, and at this point I believe that Kark's flip would be revelatory in regards to the conversational/vote links with me, StarSketch, Ty4on, Giant Panda and Rats; I don't care who it is in that list, but it has to be Karkador or one of those people Today.

We need to flip someone from this pool of players ASAP, or else all these claims will be left festering in untested-land if we lynch someone outside of this network of activity connections Today.

Karkador

Banned
I'm gonna put my vote with Blarg.

Blargonaut's arguments with Darryl really reads like I've been saying - someone trying ANYTHING to get Darryl lynched. I figure mafia did not NK Darryl because it looked better to turn other people against him and hide in a bandwagon. I think they thought it would be relatively easy, so they have been pushing for a day lynch.

VOTE: Blargonaut

Top Bottom