• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danny Phantom Mafia |OT| Your lynch doesn't stand a ghost of a chance!

1) Lack of posts and the fact that when you do post, its basically 3 paragraphs of what he thought but doesn't come through most of the time. Afterwords, he like disappears for the majority of the day. I understand that IRL happened and all but still..this really makes things too suspicious and coasting around.

Can you elaborate on "doesn't come through" a little more? I'll concede your other points here, as I get that it looks very suspicious, but I've generally tried to make sure I put my vote in the direction that I believe it's best used.

Why are we trusting Rats so completely? Have we seen the effect of his switching occurring in someone's action that I'm forgetting?

This may just be me, but most of our dead townies seem to have been ordinary, and with the smaller pool of remaining players I am a little more likely to believe role claims as a result.

Casual reminder that I thought Darryl was DP, and that I probably wouldn't be clever enough to misdirect like that if I were secretly that role.

So you're accusing me of pushing and leading bad lynches...but you're using pretty desperate rhetoric (against my claims, which are implicitly confirmed by Danny Phantom's silence) to try to push exclusively on me.

We are about 24 hours away from Day End. If you're going to waste the rest of it by only accusing me, you're not helping, nor are you acting according to your own word.

You're really going to die on this hill because of a bold tag?

im going to die on this hill because i think you are mafia and your pedantic defense hasn't made me think otherwise.
see, i dont think you are stupid, if you (or the other mafia players for that matter) were going to expose themselves easily then we would already be done here.

I dont consider DP's silence confirmation of anything, i dont know DP's role, why should i think they would reveal themselves just to confirm or expose a single person?

List of Players:
[f] melonrabbit
[m] StanleyPalmtree
[m] gryvan
[m] Rats Off to Ya switcher
[m] Trigger cleared by cop
[m] *Splinter world's sexiest miller
[m] Royal_Flush cleared by cop
[f] StarSketch Danny Phantom
[m] Ty4on cleared by cop
[m] Matt Attack towniest town 2016
[m] ultron87
[m] Karkador mason-lite

Leaving my three stated suspects (conveniently grouped at the top there) and ultron (who I held in reserve).

what makes you think this about matt attack?

ultron87

I believe Karkador because the two presumed "friends" we've seen flip both have text in their PMs about forgetting who Danny Phantom is. I could see that as being a hint that if they are found by him they'd remember again. Shrug.

Rats I'm less sure of. A scum switcher seems right out (because that's a bonkers powerful role) but scum or neutral lying about the role entirely seems possible given that no one has seen any evidence of switching. Unprompted claiming is risky, but hey, it worked for awhile for TWE's Day 1 "claim". I guess we can just let it handle itself another day at least since it is out there at this point and scum know how dangerous that is.

ultron87

One interesting thing towards a case towards Star is that when Blarg presented his big case for voting for her to figure out alignments that caused several people to follow, then flip back when Darryl was like "what, no", our confirmed scum TWE was like "Yeah, Blarg, that's a real good point!" (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=208040338&postcount=1016) but didn't actually ever vote for Star. So he was cozying up to a townie and seeming on there side without actually throwing a vote in. Might've been trying to prevent a quick train of votes from forming on their scum teammate Star, but still wanted to seem on Blarg's side?

Karkador

Banned
im going to die on this hill because i think you are mafia and your pedantic defense hasn't made me think otherwise.
see, i dont think you are stupid, if you (or the other mafia players for that matter) were going to expose themselves easily then we would already be done here.

I dont consider DP's silence confirmation of anything, i dont know DP's role, why should i think they would reveal themselves just to confirm or expose a single person?

Honestly, you need to calm down. You are tunneling hard.

Ty4on

I really apologize for my low activity today. I was working when activity picked up. I will also be busy tomorrow three-four hours before the deadline.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury...
[...]
I'm not seeing what is so convincing here. It really seems like mountains out of molehills to extract that much from one post.

I need to look back on melonrabbit though. I've generally liked her opinions and leaned town on her so far.

I'm WIFOMing a bit back and forth, but what really struck me about this post is how playful it is. He isn't quite in the spotlight, but still a possible lynch target. I don't see him being like this as scum.

VOTE: StarSketch

I really wanna hear more from Star and I don't like that she's only made three posts after Flush' vote.
The accusation is kinda hard to answer though so what do you think of the other things going on?

Ty4on

I believe Karkador because the two presumed "friends" we've seen flip both have text in their PMs about forgetting who Danny Phantom is. I could see that as being a hint that if they are found by him they'd remember again. Shrug.

Rats I'm less sure of. A scum switcher seems right out (because that's a bonkers powerful role) but scum or neutral lying about the role entirely seems possible given that no one has seen any evidence of switching. Unprompted claiming is risky, but hey, it worked for awhile for TWE's Day 1 "claim". I guess we can just let it handle itself another day at least since it is out there at this point and scum know how dangerous that is.
If I remember things correctly (stuck on my phone so I'm not going back and double checking >_>) the day went like this:

Corn died during the night
Rats claimed
Rats claimed switching Corn one night
Panda claimed cop

Again, I don't know the source material, but from Corn's role PM it sounds like he's a ghost and would give Panda a scum reading. If Panda had investigated Corn after Rats' switch and gotten town result we would've found out Rats was lying.

Maybe a bit circumstantial, but other PRs like role blockers could've disproven Rats claim as well. The point being that if he's lying it's especially risky to make up a Corn switch.

gryvan

Can you elaborate on "doesn't come through" a little more? I'll concede your other points here, as I get that it looks very suspicious, but I've generally tried to make sure I put my vote in the direction that I believe it's best used.

Well it feels as though whenever you do your 3 paragraph post, what I think is that you did your writing to impress town and did a vote and then literally come back the next day as though your agenda is complete for the previous day. It would have been better if you engaged with town a bit more but I see you as "hey i finished reading everyones post so here are my thoughts and I vote this dude. I'll see you guys on the next day."

On the note of Star, after that huge blarg/darryl/star stuff happening and when day ended, I felt that star has been coasting a lot after that day. As though she was obligated to be free from any prying eyes which made me extremely suspicious overall. I don't feel a townie star for me

@*Splinter...I really want to know how you got the fact that Matt Attack was considered towniest of the town...

@Stanley I guess tunneling is good but at the same time, tunneling at one person to a point would literally make yourself look more suspicious...I mean I've experienced it first hand in gafia 2...:/

Hey, Terrabyte, why are the Day/night Cycles 4 days long?

I really apologize for my low activity today. I was working when activity picked up. I will also be busy tomorrow three-four hours before the deadline.

I'm not seeing what is so convincing here. It really seems like mountains out of molehills to extract that much from one post.

I need to look back on melonrabbit though. I've generally liked her opinions and leaned town on her so far.

I'm WIFOMing a bit back and forth, but what really struck me about this post is how playful it is. He isn't quite in the spotlight, but still a possible lynch target. I don't see him being like this as scum.

VOTE: StarSketch

I really wanna hear more from Star and I don't like that she's only made three posts after Flush' vote.
The accusation is kinda hard to answer though so what do you think of the other things going on?

I'm mentally exhausted and I'm out of people that I had scum reads on. If this comes out really fucking weird, that's why.

I guess Stanley got a new read because he's finally doing things. He is tunneling pretty hard, and I wouldn't be surprised if he flipped scum, but I've also been wrong all game so fuck if I know what I'm doing

*splinter being scum and claiming miller is a bad move, right? Just wondering.Then again we have no way of checking now because Panda died also why is MA top town when he just started picking up in activity

Melonrabbit also picked up in activity, but she's new so I totally understand the sudden pick up
I wonder if scum is smart enough to play around the fact that I just naturally act scummy

Star could we hear something more concrete from you? just like a simple reads list or something?

as much as i sympathize with the self doubt it, it does make it hard to draw much of a read from you.

Honestly, you need to calm down. You are tunneling hard.

you sure? we could cycle through this a couple more times just for the hell of it.
i have really come to enjoy our little talks.

Also could we get a vote count? only 13 hours to go and it feels like barely anyone has a voted.

I can give an explanation for my flip to Blarg- guy had been chasing me for days, and the only alignment I knew for certain is my own, and at that point another townie lynch would have been dumb.
Anyway 3am reads (because Guess who wakes up an hour before day end) apologies for the mess:

[f] melonrabbit - was arguing with splinter earlier about why he thought she was scum, and I don't think he ever answered directly, just flipped the script on her a lot. He really should have answered. Though according to him she also dodged his questions so I dunno town maybe

[m] StanleyPalmtree - is active. Keeps pushing on Kark. Could be aggressive town or scum

[m] gryvan - I voted in him earlier because I remembered the flip he made off of Blarg on day 3 which was weird. Made a good point about me disappearing, I probably subconsciously Thought "hey I'm not being chased anymore time for bed." Could be town though I'm still iffy bout that first part

[m] Rats Off to Ya - is a switcher. May or may not be lying. No clue what to do about that.

[m] Trigger - confirmed town

[m] *Splinter - is a Miller. May or may not be lying. I'm sort of suspicious as a result. Was briefly thinking he was DP and made the Miller claim to keep the cop away from him but then panda's role pm said otherwise. Also see Bunny's entry. Possibly scum.

[m] Royal_Flush - put down a good analysis earlier. Was confirmed town, right?

[m] Ty4on - confirmed town I think

[m] Matt Attack - tries to at least make good points possibly town

[m] ultron87 - made decent points about me (even if they're wrong). Town I guess.

[m] Karkador - not gonna lie, Stan has a point about you / Darryl missing the mark. On the other hand your point on the fact that no one has tried to clear up your role claim is ok too. Probably town.

*Splinter

Casual reminder that I thought Darryl was DP, and that I probably wouldn't be clever enough to misdirect like that if I were secretly that role.
Buddy_christ.jpg

Why would you say Matt Attack reads town for you? They've posted very inconsistently throughout the game, only have handful of times yesterday and didn't even submitted a vote.
what makes you think this about matt attack?
@*Splinter...I really want to know how you got the fact that Matt Attack was considered towniest of the town...
Ha, look at 'em, furious that they've been rumbled out of nowhere.
I'll look through Matt's posts after work to see if I can find anything specific, but he's been my most consistent town read all game.

@Stanley I guess tunneling is good but at the same time, tunneling at one person to a point would literally make yourself look more suspicious...I mean I've experienced it first hand in gafia 2...:/
"Stop looking suspicious bro!"

Ha

Got'em

*Splinter

I like this point about the role text, also interesting to note that my role contains no mention of forgetting DP. I don't know of this means I'm "not a friend" (which makes sense for a miller) or we're just reading too much into flavour (I suspect the former, in this case).

Also have we had any defendesive roles flip? A lack of a doctor would make a scum switcher less powerful, on the other hand Rats is the only defensive role I'm aware of so far, so I'm inclined to believe him.

It really seems like mountains out of molehills to extract that much from one post.
I only made one point? See the tldr version if you don't like the fluff, just having some fun while the thread is quiet.

That is a Sketchy as hell read list from StarSketch, she's also leaning quite heavily on her Sketchy reputation. I could be wrong, perhaps she is scum. At this point I think either Stan+melon are scum or Kark+Sketch are. Still think it's the former but I'm ok with lynching any of these 4 today.

I'm wondering if DP should claim. Thoughts?

suddenly remembered that a vote count is always accessible on the opening posts

so trigger has only made a single post today.
hes confirmed town and all, so its not a huge deal.
but still, not cool. being confirmed town adds a lot of weight to anything you have to say, and also means you dont usually stick around for long.

nah, at least not today.
i dont see his reveal being game changing enough to be worth the risk right now.
although we dont really know how useful his reveal will be, so i guess just trust them to use their best judgement (and not follow giant pandas example).

The only reason Danny has to claim is if Kark is lying, IMO.

I'm definitely on board with a Stan lynch today. I've been suspicious of him in the past. Also, there was an exchange earlier between him and melon that felt a whole lot like scum using each other to pad their activity with some light bussing. His tunneling on Kark could be a ploy to give us fewer links to go off of when he flips scum.

We have a pretty decent list of soft-confirmed Town right now (even Panda's results aren't 100% reliable because Godfathers are a thing, but we can cross that bridge when we get to it). Taking everything at face value there's a pretty damn good chance of hitting scum among the remaining names.

VOTE: StanleyPalmtree

I'll leave that there for now. I'll try my absolute best to be around for the day's end, but I can't make any promises.

*tumbleweed rolls by*

2am isnt the best time for thinking and wordsing, so ill keep this simple.

as per usual, im about to go to sleep, so i wont be able to take part in the customary sudden movement to lynch a random townie.

the kark trains not picking up much steam, so i guess ill go with the next best thing.

VOTE: *Splinter

I'm working right now. I'll try my best to take my lunch break close to the deadline and check in periodically throughout the day.

Just FYI I'm WIFOM'ing myself pretty hard right now. Is the total lack of possible Scumplayers jumping onto StarSketch a protective move or a move to not be associated with her lynch? Is the sudden traction on Stan busing, Townies who think they got something or Scum's hope on a game-ending Townie-lynch?

This is all a horrible situation right now but I think I kind of changed my mind on how I see StarSketch for now. Really suspicious to atm are...
- Matt Attack because of his empty posting style and his promises to deliver more without following up on it
- gryvan for his total lack of commitment today

Since *Splinter is town-reading Matt Attack hard and I don't completely distrust him I will go for

vote: gryvan

Ty4on

Had to spend a lot more time shopping and cooking dinner than I thought. Still not done :/

I would vote for him above Splinter and probably melonrabbit, but I feel like a gryvan lynch is a bit of a shot in the dark right now.

While I'm not as convinced as Splinter, I don't like Stanley's responses today. It's weird that he's attacking Kark, but determining his alignment from that feels too WIFOM-y.

Nice to know staying up to write a reads list was worth it. :/

vote: stanleyPalmtree

Don't think there's enough people willing for a splinter vote but I'm fine with this too.

*Splinter

Nice to know staying up to write a reads list was worth it. :/

vote: stanleyPalmtree

Don't think there's enough people willing for a splinter vote but I'm fine with this too.
So you think I'm scum, but you're ok going with one of the people I've been trying to lynch?

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
It2wDGf.gif

"Another day, another banishment. Let's see what damage this one will cause..."

Stanleypalmtree has been banished.

You are an Ordinary Townie.

You are aligned with Amity Park(Town)

You’re not quite sure where you are or why you were chosen to be here. You’re sick of ghosts messing up your town and just want to be left alone. But the only way back home is to “end the conflict” so might as well get this over and done with.

You have the power to VOTE in the game thread.

You win when only Amity Park players remain.

The game thread is: here

Good Luck

karkador (0)
stanleypalmtree 1532 (1618)

*splinter (1)
ultron87 1538 (1543)
stanleypalmtree 1618

gryvan (3)
matt attack 1540
starsketch 1545 (1582)
royal_flush 1620
trigger 1626

stanleypalmtree (4)
*splinter 1558 (1558)
rats off to ya 1617
melonrabbit 1619
*splinter 1624
ty4on 1625
starsketch 1627 (1629)

melonrabbit (0)
*splinter 1558 (1589)
*splinter 1589 (1624)

starsketch (0)
royal_flush 1567 (1620)
ty4on 1608 (1625)

matt attack (1)
gryvan 1623

Day/Night cycles will now be 3/2

b7b8tI7.jpg

Night 5 will end in:
gre_1468170000.png

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
It2wDGf.gif

"We start today's proceedings early today, which gives you more time to debate, may you use it wisely... you'll need it."

In the night Rats Off To Ya was Ghosted.

You are Valerie Grey( AKA Switcher)

You are aligned with Amity Park(Town)

After some generous donor gave you equipment, you became a ghost hunter, and a pretty good one at that. This who situation caught you off guard, so you don’t have your blasters on you, but you do still have your rocket sled. Because of this, once a night you can switch two players by PMing the command SWITCH:[player name] and [player name]

You win when only Amity Park players remain.

Don’t forget to use your power to VOTE in the game thread.

The game thread is: here

Good Luck

[f] melonrabbit
[m] OceanicAir
[m] SkyOdin
[m] Giant Panda
[m] StanleyPalmtree
[m] gryvan
[m] Flame_AC
[-] Enker
[m] Rats Off to Ya
[m] CrimsonFist
[m] TheWorthyEdge
[m] Trigger
[m] Xamtheking KingKitty *splinter
[m] Royal_Flush
[f] StarSketch
[m] Ty4on
[m] Matt Attack
[m] El Topo [f] Sophia
[m] CornBurrito
[m] Blargonaut
[m] ultron87
[-] Darryl [m] Karkador

10 players remain, 6 is majority.

yFnp4jJ.jpg

Day 6 will end in:
gre_1468429200.png

Day 6 begins

Ty4on

Huh, interesting that they didn't go for someone who's confirmed. I'm guessing they were scared of a lucky switch.

We have to be careful today because if there are four scum left we're in mylo.

Ty4on

I wanna look into gryvan and Star today. Both are hard to read and I'm not getting town vibes from either.

I'm having a hard time piecing together the scum team. I still feel like Splinter was acting townie yesterday despite pushing for a mislynch.

Alright I'm feeling less exhausted about this and I'm going to at least attempt to help. Or you guys can turbo me and just end the game now. Your choice. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

[f] melonrabbit
[m] gryvan
[m] *Splinter
[f] StarSketch
[m] Matt Attack
[m] ultron87
[m] Karkador

At least half this list of people is scum. gonna go through the entire thread and see what reads I can pull out. I know Kark has his whole gossip chat member thing, and Matt and melon have been inactive. Splinter was being dodgy yesterday but there's still that Miller claim.

Alright I'm feeling less exhausted about this and I'm going to at least attempt to help. Or you guys can turbo me and just end the game now. Your choice. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

[f] melonrabbit
[m] gryvan
[m] *Splinter
[f] StarSketch
[m] Matt Attack
[m] ultron87
[m] Karkador

and Matt and melon have been inactive.

What?

???

*Splinter

Well, I never doubted Stan would flip scum, so obviously I'm way off on this game.

StarSketch is my top suspect, her actions at the end of yesterday made no sense to me. I'm also still slightly suspicious of melon, but I had her very strongly linked with Stan and clearly that link was a dud.

We're quite a long way into this game, why has noone mentioned the item-giver yet?

*Splinter

I'm going to go ahead and assume the item giver is town. We can (hopefully) verify another player by having them full claim. However, for tactical reasons this shouldn't happen until next day phase, so please noone claim if/when you received an item before then.

Unless you gave melon an item, in which case item giver can just claim and we lynch her today.

Wait hang on

The reason is that my role is far more likely to do harm than good and I want to get the facts out there before the event that I die.

Anyway, seems like most of the more active people have chimed and I don't want to drag this out any longer than necessary. Again, I don't really have any reservations about putting this out, just didn't want to rush into anything in case there was a factor I wasn't considering.

I've generally been switching a person I feel okay about (and think is not unlikely to be night killed) with a person I'm not so okay about.

Night 1:
CornBurrito and Giant Panda

Corn gave me the worst vibes of anyone on Day One, as I expressed with my words and my vote. Panda wasn't much of a factor at all on this day, which is the kind of person scum often targets on the first night.

Night 2:
Blarg and StarSketch

I started becoming suspicious of Blarg after Day Two. I wasn't reading Star either way, but there was a post where Blarg suggested that if we had a vig they should target her. So I switched the two of them on the off chance that we did indeed have a vig and they did indeed target Star.

Night 3:
Royal_Flush and Darryl

I've begun to have my own doubts about Darryl. Meanwhile, Flush hasn't said much in this game but I don't have much reason to think he's scum and what little input he's had has been fairly solid. Could be a decent low-key target for scum, I dunno.

The last switch really felt more random to me than the other two. I had no idea what to make of the state of this game. Fortunately the enemy is finally down a man, and frankly, Worthy hasn't shown himself to be the most elegant of scum players in the past. I'm pretty sure there's a lot we can glean by examining his posts in detail. One thing I will never forget from the Cthulhu game is that Worthy really went overboard with his bussing. Could be something to look for.

....Were we saying that Karkadarryl was confiremd town or RF? I seem to be missing something here.....

Top Bottom