• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kadey said:
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG, Daigo, Daigo, Daigo, Daigo! -=faints=-
Kadey said:
I'm going to give $100 to the person that knocks out a tourney level player and I am sooooooooooo going to put that player on blast for life. :lol
Don't tell me Daigo's joining the tourny now that he's sponsored by Mad Catz.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Work is Love. Love is not work.

I had a crazy past 2 days. I left San Diego around 9 AM on Friday morning... Had to go from the office to downtown Los Angeles for a meeting with a potential new client. Meeting went really well. Translation = more good shit.

Stopped by a few import shops and game stores for lunch. Went to a popular spot off Venice. So many Street Fighter players there, as soon as I got in I was greeted with "HEY MARKMAN!" and then got some extra copies of Super SFIV for my pals.

27218_384764018882_507353882_3989149_5762146_n.jpg

Then met up with Princess Aura and started helping her out with her hair... Then went to the launch party for Super SFIV!

26438_385085838882_507353882_3997571_77196_n.jpg

Played vs Daigo for the first match of the night on stream. Got wooped but it's all good.

26438_385085868882_507353882_3997576_3852211_n.jpg

Yes. Daigo "THE BEAST" Umehara is officially sponsored by Mad Catz and is the first piece of the puzzle of players that will represent Mad Catz in competitive gaming WORLDWIDE.

26438_385085883882_507353882_3997579_921566_n.jpg

MagnusReloaded

Neo Member
Thanks again for the set Vegeta. Hope it gave you some warm up for the tourney. It sure helped me level up my Rose a bunch. Hit me up for matches any time! :D

Nice move by Mad Catz getting a hold of Daigo. No one is his equal when it comes to both skill and name recognition in the world of competitive SF. I'm interested in seeing who else Mad Catz decides to sign and if they'll be American, Japanese, or from somewhere else.

Finally guys like Daigo and whoever else Mad Catz signs can truly be called "Pro Gamers". We always throw around that term, but that's technically not the case unless they're being payed just to play instead of having to win tourneys to earn money.

MagnusReloaded said:
Thanks again for the set Vegeta. Hope it gave you some warm up for the tourney. It sure helped me level up my Rose a bunch. Hit me up for matches any time! :D
Fo sho, it was fun. I need I'll the practice I can get.

Where dah teams!!!??????

MarkMan said:
Yes. Daigo "THE BEAST" Umehara is officially sponsored by Mad Catz and is the first piece of the puzzle of players that will represent Mad Catz in competitive gaming WORLDWIDE.

Awesome!!

Will Wong get a sponsorship? I bet he will be mad salty if he doesn't and Daigo has one :lol

But it a great move. Daigo really helps bring new people in the SF scene, everyone is just mesmerized by how he plays.

Nikashi

Banned
Gonna go up and pre-order tomorrow make sure I get me a copy of that sweet sweet Super. I just gotta practice my ASS off once I get it :D

Imm0rt4l

BotoxAgent said:
Awesome!!

Will Wong get a sponsorship? I bet he will be mad salty if he doesn't and Daigo has one :lol

But it a great move. Daigo really helps bring new people in the SF scene, everyone is just mesmerized by how he plays.
didn't you hear? Justin is sponsored by Mortons.

MarkMan said:
Justin is my dude. Can't say anything officially, but a TEAM usually consists of more than one person ;)
Wong and Daigo...team MadCatz confirmed!!

Saltford will officially begin crying and posting vids full of hate Youtube once again.

MarkMan said:
If you can point me to someone that can make SHIRTS FOR FREE, I'd gladly do this.

Nobody MAKES them for free but typically companies will pay for the few bucks per shirt and eat the cost because it helps them get the word out about their products. Doesn't mad catz usually give away shirts at E3 or other shows? Just talk them into it. :p

MarkMan said:
Justin is my dude. Can't say anything officially, but a TEAM usually consists of more than one person ;)

Worldwide, huh?...I don't know, I hope this kind of thing leads to some sort of gamestop tourney-like exhibition.

Of course, I'm just assuming it's only SF players.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
akachan ningen said:
Nobody MAKES them for free but typically companies will pay for the few bucks per shirt and eat the cost because it helps them get the word out about their products. Doesn't mad catz usually give away shirts at E3 or other shows? Just talk them into it. :p

lol, not going to happen. But if I go to events (and I do go to events), then yes, that is something I will do.

We don't have a booth at E3 :(

dread9

Banned
Been playing for the past two days, focused on sticking with Adon which im not shabby at, if any gaffers have any team stuff going on or just wanna add me then do so!!!

psn id: dread9

Grifter

after a day, it feels to me like makoto has been sf4-ized (lesser mobility, more recovery), while ibuki, guy, and adon retained their speed, tricks off some quick special recovery, and the feel and properties of most of their normals. dee jay feels like in between (definitely slower and some weakened normals, but generally safe specials), and t. hawk and cody just seem more solid than ever. that sound right to you?

not yet sure why one would pick ibuki or cody's ultra 2s.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Goddam Im playing ness team first? :lol

Oh well, guess I'll have to practice ;)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Iron E Man said:
I apologize ahead of time to n3ss and eva01 :lol

Your team is my vote for best overall talent. You have two tourney level players there. Art is like an 18 year old hanging with 10 year olds in relation to his skill to theirs.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
e6281y.gif
25ztk5h.jpg

2qxrpfl.jpg

2e657w8.jpg

I want..........

Team name
Team Logo
Team theme-Link me to a youtube video or something.
Team quote...

ASAP to get it over with. The quicker I get these, the faster I can get the official thread done.

Team one has to play two and so forth.

Two and a half weeks of practice, game work, strategy, etc.

Kadey said:
Your team is my vote for best overall talent. You have two tourney level players there. Art is like an 18 year old hanging with 10 year olds in relation to his skill to theirs.

Let's be honest though, does overall talent even really matter? Doesn't it come down to the strongest player on each team, barring spectacularly poor matchups?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom