• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danny Phantom Mafia |OT| Your lynch doesn't stand a ghost of a chance!

Ty4on

Maybe too much of a stretch, but I was wondering if scum could've known anything about Sophia that made her a target.

G0Oqh4o.jpg

VOTE TALLY:

*splinter (2)
royal_flush 1651
starsketch 1657 (1748)
karkador 1713
*splinter 1730 (1730)

karkador (2)
*splinter 1730 (1730)
starsketch 1776 (1781)
*splinter 1785
starsketch 1787

starsketch (0)
*splinter 1655 (1719)

melonrabbit (0)
*splinter 1719 (1730)
*splinter 1730 (1730)

cabot (0)
*splinter 1730 (1730)

6 to reach majority

DAY 6 ENDS:
gre_1468429200.png

Do not believe Splinter (or Blarg, for that matter). Kark is not Scum. It wouldn't make any sense. I'm like 95% sure that we lose the game if we lynch Kark today. If people insist that we lynch somebody else than Splinter how about we go with literally anybody else non-confirmed player? I don't care. Ultron, gryvan, Matt Attack, whatever. All these people kept a low profile and two of them have to be Scum.

melonrabbit, why did you give out only two items and why did you keep them until so late into the game?

So a few people have asked me why I town read Matt, but I don't think he's ever asked me himself? He apparently doesn't have a problem with someone trusting him with no justification? And if I read this post right he trusts me?

Either trusts me or just wants to stay on my good side.

Food for thought, but its not enough for me to call him scum.

Your read of me had actually slipped my mind for a while. We ended up having a few people question why you town read me, so by the time that it did start coming up again, I didn't feel the need to reiterate the question. And I do trust you. I pretty strongly felt kingkitty was town, and that read has carried over to you. Since joining I think you've done pretty well, so it hasn't too hard for me to maintain that town read. Melon seems to be confirming that she gave you an item, so now I definitely don't have much reason to doubt that you're making that claim up now (unless you're scum partners, which I don't feel is particularly likely- I am town reading melon too).

I also want to say that I have no idea what the heck is going on with Kark and SS right now. If SS really is DP (despite saying she is not), this seems like it's a really risky gambit for them to have played with the deadline approaching. If she's telling the truth and she's not DP, then Kark's behavior makes even less sense. I'm trying to think of what a scumKark or townKark could gain from this and I'm mostly drawing a blank (if he's town he could be trying to bait scum's kill in SS's direction, and if he's scum he could be trying to justify why she might end up dying??). And in any case, regardless of whether SS is town or scum, DP or not, connected to him or not, her response (and subsequent doubling down) to Darryl calling her DP makes him seem really suspicious. Why would a team of them (or even Kark on his own) try something like this late in the day, creating a very real chance for Kark to get lynched? If there's a last minute "Gotcha!" from them, then that seems like a recipe for us turboing somebody else really quickly.

Melonrabbit, I need you to answer the following questions:
Who did you give items to?
Is each item unique?
Do you know what the items do?

StarSketch, I need you to stop reacting and to start thinking. In which universe would Scum Kark fakeclaiming mason with DP name a Townie as DP instead of one of his scumbuddies?

And to answer your question, Splinter: Because I have a hard time believing one could play confusion so well if one had access to a secret chat.

That's the thing though, why me? Why would DP say he's me? Why hasn't DP told Kark he screwed up? If he's using my name for whatever reason he can at least tell Kark "Yo, I lied"

If I'm being used as bait, I don't quite see how that helps town, because we'll still lose a townie off this.

That's the thing though, why me? Why would DP say he's me? Why hasn't DP told Kark he screwed up? If he's using my name for whatever reason he can at least tell Kark "Yo, I lied"

If I'm being used as bait, I don't quite see how that helps town, because we'll still lose a townie off this.

Maybe Kark knows very well who DP is and set you up as NK bait? So they kill another unconfirmed person instead of one of our confirmed Townies or the real DP? And the real DP knows what's going on?

*Splinter

Maybe Kark knows very well who DP is and set you up as NK bait? So they kill another unconfirmed person instead of one of our confirmed Townies or the real DP? And the real DP knows what's going on?
I can't see DP being killed over a confirmed town. Anonymous vote isn't a huge deal at this point, confirmed townies are a bigger threat to scum.

*Splinter

Every single scum was on Blarg?! Scum must have been on the line.

Haven't done a re-read of the previous day yet, so I don't remember for sure who was on the line. However, the previous vote count was 30 minutes before he end, has:

Flush & Rats on Trigger (town on town)
Blarg and Stan on Kark (town on *cough*)
Melon and Sketch on Panda (unknown on town)

That's only 2 votes each though, I'll have to re-read the day to see where the wind was blowing before Blarg.
Thoughts, anyone? Never mind my dodgy gut, this is damning evidence right here.
On top of the vote data (that speaks for itself), Kark tried to convince people to look at the people voting off-Blarg as much as voting on him. I think Stan was right to call this out as subtly moving the conversation away from Blarg voters (which we now know includes the entire scum team).

*Splinter

Did you tell this your scumbuddies? Because Rats wasn't confirmed.
A switcher not only protects people but can also redirect the kill back onto scum. There was also a small pool of confirmed for scum/Rats to play chicken with. Don't pretend that's even close to the same thing.

Karkador

Banned
First of all, let's not give in to these "sky is falling" theories about the game.

DP is in the game, I know who it is. It was not CornBurrito. Darryl had been operating on this knowledge since D1, when he wielded it against a confirmed mafia, TheWorthyEdge. It would still make sense for DP to counterclaim me, but they haven't, and they wont.

So the facts of the game are, I know who DP is, and I used that knowledge to give StarSketch and *Splinter a test.

*Splinter

You're going all in with that Kark thing, huh? It won't work, buddy. I trust my fellow Townies to not vote for Kark.
At least 1 of gryvan/Matt/Ultron/Sketch is town.

0 of Kark is town.

He's literally just running down the clock at this point. I thought he'd at least have claimed DP by now, but he's not even doing that while we still have time to pick it apart.

At least 1 of gryvan/Matt/Ultron/Sketch is town.

0 of Kark is town.

He's literally just running down the clock at this point. I thought he'd at least have claimed DP by now, but he's not even doing that while we still have time to pick it apart.

You're wrong. Kark is Town. Kark is not DP.

I have no idea what to do anymore

Scum Kark: could have been using my name to draw attention to me, and then lie tomorrow saying it was scum bait the entire time when I 'miraculously' don't get NK'd

Town Kark: could be using me as NK bait because of course he wasn't going to reveal the real DP's identity and would rather a unconfirmed player go down instead

Are you claiming DP? How can you still believe this mess of a claim and ignore the vote record?
I'm not allowed to claim anything. But I trust Kark. And I was confirmed as Town by our Cop. Draw the conclusions yourself.

I have no idea what to do anymore

Scum Kark: could have been using my name to draw attention to me, and then lie tomorrow saying it was scum bait the entire time when I 'miraculously' don't get NK'd

Town Kark: could be using me as NK bait because of course he wasn't going to reveal the real DP's identity and would rather a unconfirmed player go down instead
Well at least you're thinking now. Second one is whre the money is, but the first theory isn't even bad. But haven't you been kind of on the chopping block since D1? Why would he choose you instead of a less endangered unconfirmed Townie?

Karkador

Banned
StarSketch's test was this - if I named her as Danny Phantom, would she go along with it, or would she reject it?

We can make a inference about her alignment based on her reaction.

StarSketch, who only antagonized Darryl once (that I can see right now) and who hasn't really antagonized my claims as DP's friend, seemed like someone who believes that I'm telling the truth about my role, and Danny Phantom.

So I tried to hand her the baton, and it seemed like she almost went along with it - then this happened:

Vote:Karkador

I was incredibly tempted to just roll with the claim as a protective measure for whoever the actual DP is, but they might claim if I did.

I was taken aback by the reasoning, because it's a pretty sharp contradiction that doesn't make sense.

The whole game I've been playing has been "as a protective measure for whoever the actual DP is". Clearly, Town trusts me enough to demand hard proof, and DP trusts me enough to not shut it down. If DP didn't claim when I was doing it, why would they claim when I'm handing the baton to you?

I actually don't think that statement was made with the interest of "protecting the actual DP" at all.

So it makes me think:

There's an advantage to being declared as Danny Phantom. Nobody is going to lynch you. They'll sooner lynch me to verify that they shouldn't lynch whoever I name.

It's a really sweet deal for a mafia player to be 'unlynchable' - almost too sweet. They accept the DP name, but then mafia doesn't kill them at night. Then it becomes obvious that something is wrong.

If StarSketch is mafia, she probably didn't have anyone to consult right at that moment, and in that moment when I named her, she searched and flopped around for what the "proper" response should have been. She agreed, then tried to throw me under the bus....then relented, but then now again, under the bus.

Not agreeing is one thing, but trying to throw me under the bus for it is what pushes my gut to think this is a mafia reaction. Especially now that "the cavalry" has certainly arrived in their chat to get the story straight.

StarSketch's test was this - if I named her as Danny Phantom, would she go along with it, or would she reject it?

We can make a inference about her alignment based on her reaction.

StarSketch, who only antagonized Darryl once (that I can see right now) and who hasn't really antagonized my claims as DP's friend, seemed like someone who believes that I'm telling the truth about my role, and Danny Phantom.

So I tried to hand her the baton, and it seemed like she almost went along with it - then this happened:

I was taken aback by the reasoning, because it's a pretty sharp contradiction that doesn't make sense.

The whole game I've been playing has been "as a protective measure for whoever the actual DP is". Clearly, Town trusts me enough to demand hard proof, and DP trusts me enough to not shut it down. If DP didn't claim when I was doing it, why would they claim when I'm handing the baton to you?

I actually don't think that statement was made with the interest of "protecting the actual DP" at all.

So it makes me think:

There's an advantage to being declared as Danny Phantom. Nobody is going to lynch you. They'll sooner lynch me to verify that they shouldn't lynch whoever I name.

It's a really sweet deal for a mafia player to be 'unlynchable' - almost too sweet. They accept the DP name, but then mafia doesn't kill them at night. Then it becomes obvious that something is wrong.

If StarSketch is mafia, she probably didn't have anyone to consult right at that moment, and in that moment when I named her, she searched and flopped around for what the "proper" response should have been. She agreed, then tried to throw me under the bus....then relented, but then now again, under the bus.

Not agreeing is one thing, but trying to throw me under the bus for it is what pushes my gut to think this is a mafia reaction. Especially now that "the cavalry" has certainly arrived in their chat to get the story straight.

Damn I knew I should have checked thread before posting

Well there was definitely a lot of flailing, which was why my response was ambiguous. But that was not because 'there was no one in scum chat' but because Town obviously doesn't have a chat :/

I don't know if what I did was the right move or not. But it's what MY gut was saying.

In case reading through my last few posts didn't clue you in, there are a lot of possibilities for what could be happening, and a lot of ways this claim could go wrong.

So the facts of the game are, I know who DP is, and I used that knowledge to give StarSketch and *Splinter a test.

"Of course it was a test."

Excuse me for thinking you were either genuinely confused about DP's identity last night or playing a scum gambit.

Guess I was so desperate to get a lead on something I started tunneling....

Would DP fucking claim already? This is ridiculous.

If we aren't lynching Kark, who are we lynching?

You're the only person trying to get DP out. I know the anon vote means little at this point but trying to get a confirmed townie out in the open is pretty scummy.

vote: Splinter*

*Splinter

Because an aexplanation maybe convinces me you're not making things up, and there's really more power in establishing facts at this point than in you playing with toys
Bullshit. There's nothing "convincing" about knowing exactly what this does. Now that melon has revealed scum haven't had one, there is even less reason to talk about it.

*Splinter

You also have some nerve accusing me of running the clock when you could have told us information about the game yesterday
I HAVE AN ITEM

IT DOES A THING

IF KNOWLEDGE OF "THING" WAS OF ANY USE OR RELEVANCE TO TOWN I'D HAVE REVEALED IT IN MY FIRST POST OF THE DAY

ITS NOT, SO I MADE IT IMMEDIATELY CLEAR THAT CONVERSATION IN THAT DIRECTION WOULD NOT GO ANYWHERE

YOU ARE A TIME WASTER

Top Bottom