• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bar MAFIA |OT| There's Gonna Be Shots

That is true. And if the point of the drinks is to throw off the tracker, that does seem kind of anti-town. Gorlak, I know you made an original claim and then posted the rest of your role a day or two ago, but could you give us a full role rundown today?

As for what I said about the votes, I know it could swing another way, I'm just saying that you and Nin are set on Gorlak, and I don't know who TTK will vote for.

Let's just keep discussion going and not let it die out like yesterday and vote when we feel comfortable with our decisions.

Well, see, it's funny that you bring up nin. He could've easily voted Gorlak already, but conspicuously, he hasn't. I can't see what would've changed his mind overnight.

Gorlak hanging off so unusually seems like he's scum waiting to hammer, or scum laying low because he barely escaped yesterday.

nin1000

Banned
Well, see, it's funny that you bring up nin. He could've easily voted Gorlak already, but conspicuously, he hasn't. I can't see what would've changed his mind overnight.

Gorlak hanging off so unusually seems like he's scum waiting to hammer, or scum laying low because he barely escaped yesterday.

I dont want to end the game prematurely. I mean i still could be wrong even though i hate this guy.

I dont want to be the reason Town loses again :)

nin1000

Banned
180px-Gorlak.jpg

I dont want to end the game prematurely. I mean i still could be wrong even though i hate this guy.

I dont want to be the reason Town loses again :)

Indecision could still kill us in the end though

Watch Gorlak get lynched with only one vote lmao

Anyway I blame the two who got modkilled more than anybody

MattyG

Banned
MattyG, who do you think is scummier between NF, nin, and Gorlak?
NF: I find suspicious mostly because of the theory based on Mazre's role checks (though there is the possible flaw to that theory that was discussed yesterday that makes me really unsure about this vote). The other thing that makes me suspicious is the way they seemed to panic towards the end of the day yesterday (though that's very subjective and may just be because I was already suspicious of them).

Gorlak: I really don't see a TON scummy about Gorlak aside from hiding the second part of his role, though I can understand why he did that. That and I don't really understand how his role helps the town. It sounds like it's built to fuck with another town role, and that sounds like something that's more of a scum thing.

In terms of posts, I just always read his them as someone trying to keep the conversation going and find scum. I trusted him the most out of everyone from a few days ago until now, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm just being too trusting.

Nin: Seems scummy to me because of how crazy his posts have been all game, how uncooperative he is when asked for explanations on his votes, stuff like that. But, like I said last time I talked about him, it feels like a frustrated townie just wanting to move the game along.

Right now, I find NF to be most suspect (still), though all this talk about Gorlak is making me unsure if I'm just being too trusting of him or not.

MattyG

Banned
Seriously though, Matty. Nin?
I seriously don't know what to think of Nin. He started out playing helpfully before slowly descending into a stubborn and erratic poster. I don't know if he's scum that just got bolder because he knew town was incompetent enough to catch him, or town that just gave up (he's claimed the latter, but I'm not 100% sure).

I seriously don't know what to think of Nin. He started out playing helpfully before slowly descending into a stubborn and erratic poster. I don't know if he's scum that just got bolder because he knew town was incompetent enough to catch him, or town that just gave up (he's claimed the latter, but I'm not 100% sure).

All right... I'm just trying to think of all our options, especially since they're so limited. One thing flopping around in my head is the idea that both nin and Gorlak are scum. They always seem to be at each others' throats with neither actually going for the kill. That said, nin did kinda go for it yesterday, but his hesitation today is confusing. He says he doesn't want to be "the reason town loses" but in theory he would've been yesterday if you hadn't tied the vote.

I wonder if they're willing to sacrifice one another for the town claim. Considering how active both are, I'm kind of surprised they haven't been killed during the night as well.

MattyG

Banned
All right... I'm just trying to think of all our options, especially since they're so limited. One thing flopping around in my head is the idea that both nin and Gorlak are scum. They always seem to be at each others' throats with neither actually going for the kill. That said, nin did kinda go for it yesterday, but his hesitation today is confusing. He says he doesn't want to be "the reason town loses" but in theory he would've been yesterday if you hadn't tied the vote.

I wonder if they're willing to sacrifice one another for the town claim. Considering how active both are, I'm kind of surprised they haven't been killed during the night as well.
I think Nin just doesn't want to vote before he goes to bed in case Gorlak isn't scum and they try to hammer. It is odd that Nin has been at Gorlak for SO LONG. I was looking through his posts and it seems like he's been openly hostile (albeit in a joking way) for quite a while.

Gorlak

Banned
We've got 14 hours? As nin said day started at 11pm on a sunday, I was sleeping. I can only be around for the next 6 hours, then I'll have to go to work.

I'm town. My role has no second part. That was to fuck with scum. Look who latches exactly on that fact and tries to push it as scummy.

My role as a scum role makes zero sense. Obviously we haven't found scum PR yet and it should be mine? Another role that would be easily found out by a tracker? How does the negative utility of my role balance out the game if I was scum? A scum who can't kill but moves at night?

I've given out drinks every night. I'm 100% confident that NF is scum. He pushes me because that's his only hope.

Matty survived the night because he's still unsure and the shakiest of yesterday. A possibility to swing the game.

Salva however was the only one to openly state he wants to look at the ordinaries. Oh look HE'S DEAD. He wasn't around yesterday but would probably not vote me, because of what he said. WHY WOULD I AS SCUM KILL HIM. Why would nin and NF be still alive?

Matty is town. That much is obvious. I made up my mind yesterday about this and NF realized he could not change my opinion on this point. That's why he chose me as his target.

My pushing for Kyan was the most scummiest move in NF eyes. He was the one who tried to divert the attention from a scum mate, he argued against Matty for the 5th and 6th day only to come by and completely change his opinion yesterday.

Matty! If I was scum, why wouldn't my scum mate vote with me? Why were two people onto me, yet I'm still alive? The two voting for me were the scum team.

Gorlak

Banned
TTK we have a really short day and you refuse to give out your information?

You had a valid 25% chance of finding the killer. Obviously you didn't. Since you already tracked Matty and I doubt he's scum, you should've a 33% chance. Who did you follow?

Gorlak

Banned
Oh and thanks Matty for that tie ! i did not see that coming and in the end no one got lynched and no one died !

gg wp

You probably killed your best hermano at night and now your subconsciousness tries to forget the fact. To spell it out for you

Salva died at night.

Gorlak

Banned
I'm still suspicious of TTK especially because he again does not post his tracking result at this late stage of the game right away. Maybe he was busy yesterday, but the no vote let's me think he's town. Because he could've easily ended the game right there as a scum member.

This only leaves Nin and NF.

Vote: Never Forever

We've been through this. We had three confirmed vanilla (two died to this point) ~ there were LP, Matty and NF claiming ordinary as well. LP is a dead vanilla town. Matty can't be scum. So there is only NF left. NF is a scum PR.

Gorlak

Banned
Let's not forget that NF waited 47 hours before he came up with a reasoning against me and tried to swing the game in the last hour.

----

I gladly repeat this from yesterday:

So 2 scum left out of me, MattyG, and Never Forever.
LP: MattyG and NeverForever

L_P : Probably scum. Matty G probably scum. NF Probably scum. Gorlak Idiot.
TTK > L_P > Gorlak
Nin: LP, Matty, NF and TTK is more suspicious than LP who's more suspicious than me.

but you'll definitely hit one scum in the me, L_P and MattyG pool, there's definitely at least one scum PR left
NF: LP and MattyG

Matty readlist
Matty: LP and nin

My scum read list right now is:

Lone_Prodigy > MattyG > NF

TTK: LP, Matty and Never Forever

My opinion is basically the same as it was yesterday. My scum candidates in order of likelihood: LP, NF, TTK, MattyG.
Time: LP, NF, TTK and Matty.

Salva didn't say who he suspected the day before yesterday, but yesterday he said:
I'm on the other side, I think we have way too many ordinary townies, so I think out scum is between them.

----
Timeaisis had NF as his next candidate, he died that night. Salva said he wanted to look at ordinaries, he died the next night.

Gorlak

Banned
Rx5HXdr.png

Day 2 points at NF or TTK.

I'm most afraid of a nin+TTK scum team. This would leave us going at our throats for no reason.

The vanilla cop checks for power roles.

The tracker checks for power roles.

The tracker failed to give us something worthwhile. Dragonz and TTK were both drawing attention very early in the game. D1 Dragonz, D2 TTK, both close to lynch. The D3 downfall of Dragonz could've been staged.

---
... But look at the night kills. Look at his tunneling and not considering anything else. Look at the voting result yesterday. If NF was town he would've been voted out by nin and/or TTK. There were enough votes against him. Therefore NF has to be scum.

Afterwards it's probably Nin. I really hope NF flips some kind of ninja power, otherwise I can't explain TTK's lack of any useful info.

Gorlak

Banned
TTK: Who do you think is the most suspicious? Who will you vote (if you vote this time that is)? You went awfully silent yesterday and kind of don't like to talk about NF do you?

Gorlak

Banned

If I was scum with nin, why didn't he change his vote last minute like always? That would've put the decision at 1 - 3 against NF. The win in this scenario. We aren't a scum team. Moreover why would he go at me anyway? He hasn't put forward any reasons, so changing his stance is no problem at all for him.

So there's the Gorlak I was expecting earlier

I'm about to fall asleep, so I'll be back in about 9 hours, which will give us 5 hours left to figure this shit out. Gorlak, are you going to be available any time after that?

Quick responses before I fall asleep

- MattyG is everybody's town choice and therefore going to die tonight, I'm 100% sure of that
- I think Nin and NF are most suspicious
- Obviously I didn't see the killer last night, or I would've said so
- Didn't vote yesterday because I didn't want to mislynch so I was paralyzed
- I will definitely vote this time, don't worry
- Gorlak I think you're on the right track with NF... I'm going to sleep on it though, since obviously if we mislynch we're fucked

Gorlak

Banned
NF is scum. The arguments for me being scum are "he bussed kyan" and "his power is scummy".

I already explained why this is not true. As of now scum is utterly underpowered and a negative function that weakens a scum team further makes no sense.
I didn't bus Kyan, as explained that makes no sense. Kyan was widely acknowledged as town, he would've bussed me D5 to gain more town cred. Not the other way around. I put some faith into Mazre, put forward an argument against Kyan and he flipped scum. My reasoning can be reproduced by reading my posts. The D1 vote count argument was something I argued with all game.
NF was the one to try to defend him and shift attention towards Matty and the confirmed town Zeemumu -> Not Kyan

I'm an idiot, care to elaborate on why you're reading these results that way?

like, it's feasible, but I'm not exactly seeing the smoking gun that's causing two other people to be like 'oh okay sure' and jump on board, D1 especially it's more likely for scum to throw their votes on some no-hoper and run off. Dragonz was already on AbsolutBro, I'm not sure if they would be consolidating so early. Especially if it's possible that they knew who batsnacks was via some secret signals, idk, then that would make two scum already on there.

Like, of your candidates, I find MattyG more interesting because he did exactly that, went for Ourobolus D1 and then never moved his vote away from that, even as the day developed. And then today (D5), he's only popped up to defend himself, and hasn't contributed otherwise, which isn't particularly endearing him to me as Town.

frankly, the biggest contradiction in the voting record is this one that you pointed out:

Zeemumu's flip would also illuminate whether we should be continuing to give our tracker the benefit of the doubt or if he's been fooling us the whole time.
The one time we're close to lynching him... is the one time that someone who consistently votes for him otherwise doesn't? It's so weird. If Zeemumu is scum, then I think ttk is definitely scum. But it's a big if.

Gorlak

Banned
'So NF said he can't understand why Kyan and wanted to talk about Matty, Zeemumu and btw TTK who he was suspicious of that time.

------

WHO DID YOU TRACK TTK?

Gorlak

Banned
To use one former post of LP

timetokill - tracker
Gorlak - drink-giver
Never Forever - claim ordinary town
MattyG - claim ordinary town
nin1000 - confirmed vanilla

---- (9 vanilla)
AbsolutBro - town ordinary
*Splinter - town ordinary
Ourobolus - town ordinary
Dusk Soldier - town ordinary
tomakasatnav - town ordinary
Zeemumu - town ordinary
Lone_Prodigy - town ordinary
Timeaisis - town ordinary
SalvaPot - town ordinary

TheExodu5 - town doctor
Crab - town 1-shot day cop
Barrylocke - town 1-shot vig, mason
Mazre - vanilla cop

Wherearemahdragonz - mafia goon
batsnacks - mafia lost partner, mason
Kyanrute - mafia BP

Kingkitty - neutral jailer
Cornburrito - neutral arsonist

----
Town (16)
Tracker
Drink-giver
Vanilla cop
Doctor
1-shot day cop
1-shot vig
Ordinary (10)

Mafia (5)
BP
Goon
Lost partner
???
???

Neutral (2)
Arsonist
Jailer

Gorlak

Banned
My drinks:

N1 - Kingkitty
N2 - nin1000
N3 - Kyanrute
N4 - Timeaisis
N5 - Lone_Prodigy
N6 - Timetokill
N7 - Never Forever

TTK's tracks:

N1 - no result (Dragonz)
N2 - no result (Dragonz)
N3 - no result (Lone_Prodigy)
N4 - no result (Zeemumu) [was posted after death]
N5 - Gorlak -> seen at LP [was posted after LP revealed]
N6 - no result (MattyG)
N7 - no result (Never Forever)

Gorlak

Banned
NF: If I'm scum than who's the last scum? By your words Matty isn't and he voted with me. So it would be nin or TTK? Nin voted against me, why wouldn't he vote you out?

I don't want to put words in your mouth. Who do you think are the last remaining two scum members?

Gorlak

Banned
Nin, reconsider your judgement. You are a confirmed vanilla. That makes 10 ordinary townies if you're town.

Both Matty and NF claim to be ordinary. If you are convinced Matty is town, how can NF be ordinary town? 12 ordinary drunks? Does that mean you believe me and TTK are the last scum members?

One of Matty and NF has to be scum. That's as good as a fact. We can't have 12 vanilla townies. Matty is town.

So it's Never Forever. He has to be.

nin1000

Banned
Nin, reconsider your judgement. You are a confirmed vanilla. That makes 10 ordinary townies if you're town.

Both Matty and NF claim to be ordinary. If you are convinced Matty is town, how can NF be ordinary town? 12 ordinary drunks? Does that mean you believe me and TTK are the last scum members?

One of Matty and NF has to be scum. That's as good as a fact. We can't have 12 vanilla townies. Matty is town.

So it's Never Forever. He has to be.

yep. i follow you

nin1000

Banned
let me get trough all those posts first, since i still think that the "tracker" can be scum aswell. I mean TTK says he followed NF and he did not see him move.

nin1000

Banned
TTK's tracks:

N1 - no result (Dragonz)
N2 - no result (Dragonz)
N6 - no result (MattyG)

This is what bothers me Gorlak.

N1 - no result (Dragonz)
N2 - no result (Dragonz)
N6 - no result (MattyG)

Gorlak

Banned
This is what bothers me Gorlak.

N1 - no result (Dragonz)
N2 - no result (Dragonz)
N6 - no result (MattyG)

I know what you are getting at. After NF it's either you or TTK. And that is highly dependent on what kind of role NF flips ~ if he's an ascetic bulletproof scum cop, then it's probably you. If he flips goon, we need to lynch TTK.

Gorlak

Banned
Time is up for me. Maybe I can sneak in a very short break before deadline, but I can't promise.

I think I've put forward everything I wanted to say. Never Forever is scum. My vote stays. His reaction looks like a defeated scum being salty over Matty's decision yesterday.

MattyG

Banned
I don't want to jump the gun and vote too early, but I'll be around until the deadline. Nin, did you read through the posts you needed to? What's your opinion now? TTK, what are you thinking?

nin1000

Banned
I don't want to jump the gun and vote too early, but I'll be around until the deadline. Nin, did you read through the posts you needed to? What's your opinion now? TTK, what are you thinking?

I am inclined to vote NF out with tkk as a close second.

Since nf wants you out it gave me enough reasoning to vote him out.

The thing is Retroid did not say a single good thing before nf came into the spotlight.

MattyG

Banned
I am inclined to vote NF out with tkk as a close second.

Since nf wants you out it gave me enough reasoning to vote him out.

The thing is Retroid did not say a single good thing before nf came into the spotlight.
I think NF's reaction is definitely the nail in the coffin in terms of my vote. I just don't know when to cast my vote. Like you said earlier, I don't want to end the game prematurely with the wrong lynch.

As for TTK, I am curious if the tracker could be scum. I'm sure it's very possible, I just don't see how it would benefit them. But we can cross that bridge when we come to it, I guess.

nin1000

Banned
I think NF's reaction is definitely the nail in the coffin in terms of my vote. I just don't know when to cast my vote. Like you said earlier, I don't want to end the game prematurely with the wrong lynch.

As for TTK, I am curious if the tracker could be scum. I'm sure it's very possible, I just don't see how it would benefit them. But we can cross that bridge when we come to it, I guess.

yep. well its time i guess

Top Bottom