• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One controller drift

goonergaz

So, the XBO I got (2nd hand) has controller drift - not bad, just irritating. I've had a look around seems getting a soldering iron out is the only 'permanent' fix...or am I missing something?

All I've tried so far is squirting some switch cleaner in the stick and it's made it intermittent (so slight improvement) - I will strip it down tonight and squirt straight into the switch but before that I thought I'd ask some advise here :eek:)

Every controller I have ever had saw some form of drift after steady use. It's just something that happens.

Not really sure of any way to fix it.

foxbeldin

Is that a bit of plastic from his controler that jumps when he opens it?

Y2nDgL0.png

Same thing happened to my buddy's controller. Xbox controllers have had really shoddy build quality in my experience too, it's weird as hell. I don't really know what to recommend, but please post if you find a solution.

goonergaz

Every controller I have ever had saw some form of drift after steady use. It's just something that happens.

Do you know, I've had consoles -like- forever and I usually buy all consoles each gen, but I honestly have never had this issue before - and I have kids that litterally smash controllers at times! However I have read the above looking into this issue - I guess I'm just 'lucky'!?

Cheers, have already watched it, comments say it returns after a while...so might just try the switch cleaner first before I start removing stuff!

Top Bottom