• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon | Info and speculation thread

Sandfox

Was thinking about how Blaziken is treated, did GF really like that Pokemon? It seems like several times they tried to market it even with its first appearance in the anime (having it defeat Ash's Charizard, one of the most popular Pokemon worldwide). But it seems to have failed unlike Greninja.

I noticed that competetively once Inerfnape was on the scene it was basically pointless to choose Blaziken over Infernape, then with the dream moves they give Blaze speed boost which never made any sense to me since that typically applies to Pokemon that are clearly in constant movement like Ninjask and Yanma.

Next it was one of the first Pokemon introduced to have a Mega evo, and we were given a Torchic with XY I beleive? Also appeared in the beggining of the XY anime arc, and while I did not watch the episodes religiously, I dont think the mysterious Blaziken and his trainer appeared much and may have been dropped altogether. All of a sudden a trainer with an unstoppable Charizard X comes on the scene and has a rivalry with Ash's Greninja who is given a new form currently show exclusive. Blaziken canned again.

I'm I the only one who noticed this? Is there any actual statements or info on how GF feels about Blaziken? It seems like its the only Pokemon they continually try and fail at popularizing to major levels.

Torchic is one of Masuda's favorite Pokemon and from what I remember it was in fact fairly popular. The Mega Blaziken from the anime only appears when they visit Lumiose City and will probably appear later on.

R0ckman

Torchic is one of Masuda's favorite Pokemon and from what I remember it was in fact fairly popular. The Mega Blaziken from the anime only appears when they visit Lumiose City and will probably appear later on.

They are at the league now, the arc is almost over.

kirblar

Blaziken doesn't really fit as a design with the first two stages, especially when Sceptile and Swampert both flow well from the prior evolutions. They should have gone for something that kept more of the "chicken" intact.

brinstar

Was thinking about how Blaziken is treated, did GF really like that Pokemon? It seems like several times they tried to market it even with its first appearance in the anime (having it defeat Ash's Charizard, one of the most popular Pokemon worldwide). But it seems to have failed unlike Greninja.

I noticed that competetively once Inerfnape was on the scene it was basically pointless to choose Blaziken over Infernape, then with the dream moves they give Blaze speed boost which never made any sense to me since that typically applies to Pokemon that are clearly in constant movement like Ninjask and Yanma.

Next it was one of the first Pokemon introduced to have a Mega evo, and we were given a Torchic with XY I beleive? Also appeared in the beggining of the XY anime arc, and while I did not watch the episodes religiously, I dont think the mysterious Blaziken and his trainer appeared much and may have been dropped altogether. All of a sudden a trainer with an unstoppable Charizard X comes on the scene and has a rivalry with Ash's Greninja who is given a new form currently show exclusive. Blaziken canned again.

I'm I the only one who noticed this? Is there any actual statements or info on how GF feels about Blaziken? It seems like its the only Pokemon they continually try and fail at popularizing to major levels.

I always thought Blaziken was a Pokemon whose popularity has only increased over the years. Like you mentioned it had the event early on in XY and it also was the first Pokemon to be added to Pokken. (and also the first Pokemon shown to tease Pokken alongside Lucario)

I don't follow the anime closely anymore but in the general series it feels like Blaziken gets decent love, with Sceptile finally catching up and Swampert kinda getting the shaft.

On another note the Sinnoh starters kind of feel like they're floating in the abyss right now to me. That should change this gen if they remake Diamond and Pearl, though.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Blaziken doesn't really fit as a design with the first two stages, especially when Sceptile and Swampert both flow well from the prior evolutions. They should have gone for something that kept more of the "chicken" intact.

Blaziken is actually an adaption of an early Latios proto-type; there's the concept art still floating around somewhere. So I guess that his visual inconsistency with Torchic and Combusken shows up as a result.

Been having a think about how many new Pokemon we might get this time round and I'm starting to feel pretty confident that we're going to get a decent amount, although a lot of that is down to my own speculation.

As it stands, we've had 25 Pokemon revealed. But now, if we add the Pokemon we know exist but we haven't seen yet, aka evolutions, we get...

Rowlet + 2
Litten + 2
Popplio + 2
Pikipek + 2
Yungoos + 1
Rockruff +1-2
Tapu Guardians x 3
Mythicals + 2-3
Marshadow

That's 41-43 we know about already then. Now, this where the speculation starts. Based purely off designs and what's been said about the Pokemon from the official sources these are the Pokemon I expect will either have a pre-evolve or be part of an evolution line.

Salandit
Bounsweet
Wimpod
Drampa
Mudsdale
Komala

Assuming all of those have 1 related Pokemon that takes the total up to 47-49.

If this speculation is correct that leaves us with Bewear, Mimikyu, Bruxish, Togedamaru and Comfey as single stage Pokemon, which is already as many as Kalos had and one more than Sinnoh, two of the smaller modern regions. It may be me reaching but looking at the last four generations the ones with more single stagers tend to be the larger Pokedex.

Another reason I'm leaning towards a larger Pokedex is a simple comparison between the the Gen VI and Gen VII reveals. By the time 25 Pokemon were revealed in Gen VI we'd already seen Scatterbug, Spewpa and Vivillon, Pancham and Pangoro, Inkay and Malamar and Fletchling and Talonflame. In comparison we've only seen Grubbin, Charjabug and Vikavolt so far then Gen. Showing less evolutions could be indicative of less reveal padding this time round.

Finally, we haven't seen any version exclusives yet, and the lowest amount of any new version exclusive Pokemon in a single generation is 8 in Gen VI. We also haven't seen fossils either and Johto is the only region not to have them.

Sorry about the long, very speculative post, but I like to think I've at least got some sound reasoning.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I agree, you pretty much nailed the Pokemon I feel are single-stage. Well, I think Drampa might be too---"Druddigon" basically---but for some reason I think the idea of a female variant is probable.

With Version Exclusives by now we knew all of X/Y's Kalos Version Exclusives---the Box Legendaries, Skrelp and Clauncher at E3 2013, and then Spritzee and Slurpuff in CoroCoro in July I think. There were Version Exclusive Megas revealed post-released, but I've wondered too why we haven't had any solid Version Exclusives for SM yet...even the Box Legendaries I don't think have been said to be Version Exclusive specifically, though likely.

I forgot how Ruby and Sapphire's pre-release was exactly, but I think there outside the Box Legendaries we only knew about Lotad and Seedot, but Serebii's archives at that time are---um, well look for yourself---so it's hard to track how the pre-release went and I barely remember myself.

Diamond and Pearl revealed the Fossils pre-release (like Gen VI, though this didn't happen with III or V), who were also Version Exclusive, but interestingly Glameow was revealed alongside Buneary (though prior leaked alongside Happiny on merchandise) even though it was a Version Exclusive to Stunky, which we didn't learn till post-release. I remember this because I wanted to use Glameow (for...some reason), and happy I had imported Pearl. Never used that fucker, though. Mismagius and Honchkrow weren't revealed till post-release.

With Black and White the Gothitelle/Reuniclus pair was revealed as Version Exclusive, as were Petilil and Cottonee---though I recall it was like a month or so before release, maybe less, and those two had been leaked through PokeExperto. Like with Gen VI we have a Pokemon, Braviary in this case, revealed seemingly as a standalone with its Version Counterpart introduced post-release, though I believe Game Freak flat out stated that Mandibuzz was added a bit later to be its counterpart and may not have been intended to fill that role at first. We also didn't know about the Version Exclusive Genies, but that makes sense since they've never revealed the Legendary Trio pre-release as I recall.

With this in mind we definitely should've seen a Version Exclusive pair by now, and it's doubtful any of the previously revealed Pokemon happen to be secretly one since that's only happened twice. I also think following on XY The Pokemon Company seem interested in a bit more "transparency" before release, such as showing the Version Exclusives and Starter Evolutions before, but perhaps they dialed back since people seemed disappointed in the lack of surprised with XY and ORAS with every Mega Evolution being spoiled before release, even discounting the demo datamine.

I agree, you pretty much nailed the Pokemon I feel are single-stage. Well, I think Drampa might be too---"Druddigon" basically---but for some reason I think the idea of a female variant is probable.

~snipped~

Yeah, I can't really decide with Drampa. In Gen V and Gen VI however the early dragons shown have both been part of an evolution line.

The version exclusive stuff is a bit weird, surely we'll see some soon.

Watch Da Birdie

One thing we can probably assume is Drampa isn't the pseudo-Legendary like some have speculated, since Game Freak seems to avoid showing them off before release---and it seems we always get a Dragon who looks like they could be a pseudo-Legendary, Haxorus and Noivern being notable examples.

Alternatively I've thought it'd be fun if Drampa is a first form Pokemon and reverse ages as he evolves, turning into some crazy powerful fetus-dragon.

Zaventem

So: why is Mega Sharpedo overdesigned? Well, he has about eleventy billion spikes on him. If you removed these spikes, would it significantly change the theme of his design, a play on a shark being a torpedo? No. It would, in fact, improve it, given that neither sharks nor torpedos are known for having spikes.

This is what people mean by overdesigned: it's when details unnecessary to the composition of a design are added. Gen 1 Pokemon often suffer from having boring themes - Golden is literally a goldfish, and that's it. But they're almost never overdesigned - nobody stucks about twenty zillion spikes on Goldeen, or extra frills, tufts, stripes, bands or whatnot. So when they're not being boring, they're rather good. Diglett is clever - ridiculously simple design, but makes a neat visual allusion to the whack-a-mole games; there's something going on there, something to add that extra layer.

Gen 5 Pokemon have the other problem. There's lots of "Digletts", lots of overlapping themes - Swadloon is a larval stage insect, but the leaves form the impression of baby swaddling, as befits a larvae/child. That's great, that's clever. I really like it, it's one of those designs that gets overlooked because it doesn't have the Lucario cool factor or whatever but just has quietly good design you don't notice until it is missing. But, say, Beartic? Why does it have that crotch fuzz? What did that add to the design? Why does Swanna have the earmuffs either side of the head? What did that do?

So I think "overdesign" criticisms are definitely pertinent to Pokemon as a series, and they're something that definitely affects the later generations, especially Gen 5. This isn't to say that Gen 5 doesn't have some great designs - it absolutely does, just when they're not great, the fault is usually overdesign. Conversely "boringness/blandness" criticisms are definitely pertinent to the earlier generations. Again, not to say that Gen 1 doesn't have some great designs, but when they're not great, the problem is that the Pokemon in question is literally just a drawing of X animal with nothing visually distinguishing.

If we're looking at Megalutions specifically... the vast majority of them have waaaay too much going on. Not all - Mega Camerupt is clever, as you can see Camerupt's powering up caused the volcano to erupt, which visually creates a sort of shag that you see in real life bactrian camels. But sadly, that's a minority of Megas. Most can be summed up as "added an extra spike or three" - even Mega Charizard Y fits into this category.

Man this is exactly how i feel, i love this criticism. I personally loved a huge majority of the non mega pokemon added to gen 6 (can count the dislikes on 1 hand), not a fan of "add spiky shit". With the new pokemon revealed for 7 i've yet to see a "dude lmao add more spikes" design. We;ve yet to see megas though so it could be coming.

Watch Da Birdie

One thing I noticed when looking through the Pokemon is in addition to Hawaiian animals we also seem to be getting a lot of animals known for being from another islands---Komala is the obvious one being from Australia, but Togedemaru is apparently based partially on the Ryukyu Spiny Rat from the Ryukyu islands, and I feel like Rockruff will evolved into a shisa-inspired Pokemon which is also known as a common symbol associated with Okinawa, and then one could see Mudsdale carrying this theme as well, though up north a bit since Clydesdale originate from Scotland.

I'm guessing a lot of our other Pokemon will be island creatures from around the world.

And speaking of Fossil Pokemon, I don't recall any of our previous Fossil Pokemon being aligned with where their real-world basis is---Tyrunt for example is found in Pokemon France, but the T-Rex inhabited North America, while Archen is in Pokemon North America where Kalos would work a bit better since the Archeopteryx lived near Germany. So it might be hard to guess what our Fossil Pokemon will be, especially since they jumped around a bit. Personally I'd love for them go with the lesser known early synapsids, "stem-mammals" which looked a lot like lizards still. One I've always thought was cool was the cynodont, which looks like a dog-lizard---I could see the Pokemon version turning into like a wolf/raptor creature or something. And then there's the dimetrodon, probably the most popular, which most folks probably think is a dinosaur---it's the one with the fin spine.

Why would Mimikyu not evolve? It seems like they could easily make it a "shy Pokemon turned beautiful" kind of deal because it's Fairy and also they talk about how utterly mysterious the form is under the sheet.

Watch Da Birdie

Looking at the XY information that appeared before the release, thanks to Bulbagarden's thread on it, excluding leaks the following Pokemon were never seen by an official source until the game was released...I marked an * by their name if they're part of a line that was revealed. I left off the Event Pokemon since they obviously wouldn't.

Chesnaught*
Delphox*
Greninja*
Diggersby*
Fletchinder*
Floette/Florges*
Espurr*
Aegislash*
Binacle/Barbaracle
Dragalge*
Clawitzer*
Heliolisk*
Hawlucha
Carbink
Goomy/Sligoo/Goodra
Klefki
Phantump*
Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist
Bergmite/Avalugg
Noibat*
Zygarde

So, ultimately we only got eight New Pokemon lines post-release. Looking it over it's more than it feels like, but because many of them are part of an evolution the amount of post-release Pokemon felt sparse.

On the other hand we got a fair amount of Mega Pokemon saved till after the game was released...

Mega Alakazam
Mega Gengar
Mega Pinsir
Mega Gyrados
Mega Aerodactyl
Mega Scizor
Mega Heracross
Mega Houndoom
Mega Tyranitar
Mega Gardevoir
Mega Aggron
Mega Medicham
Mega Manetric
Mega Banette
Mega Abomasnow

Speaking of Mega Pokemon, Bulbagarden mod Zeb recently discovered this "glitch" on the Japanese site:

gfFyyAM.png

Magearna's section, "Phantom Pokemon" (aka Mythical Pokemon) is labeled as #mega in the site's code.

GoldStarz

Hoping we get more NPC/feature stuff over Pokemon stuff for Monday. I love new Pokemon, but unless they have a whole lot to pre-reveal, I don't want a repeat of X/Y where we basically know all of them beforehand.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So yeah the anime... Sycamore researched Ash Greninja and apparently it was called "kizuna genshou". Rough translation is "bond phenomenon".

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
he showed this too

basically certain pokemon have "latent" abilities that can only be accessed by really deep bonds when both trainer and pokemon care for each other.

In the anime, context is that Froakie had some knowledge that he has this latent abilities and chose Ash for it.

he showed this too

basically certain pokemon have "latent" abilities that can only be accessed by really deep bonds when both trainer and pokemon care for each other.

In the anime, context is that Froakie had some knowledge that he has this latent abilities and chose Ash for it.
Nice!

backlot

So are we assuming GF dropped Megas?

At this point it seems like they've at least shifted focus away from megas and towards Z-Moves as a sort of replacement. I wouldn't be surprised if there were no new megas in this game and all the current megas get super nerfed and saved for post game.

It just seems like Z-Moves are trying to accomplish the same thing Megas were without forcing you to pick one of a dozen or so Pokemon for every team you build.

MajorMane

At this point it seems like they've at least shifted focus away from megas and towards Z-Moves as a sort of replacement. I wouldn't be surprised if there were no new megas in this game and all the current megas get super nerfed and saved for post game.

It just seems like Z-Moves are trying to accomplish the same thing Megas were without forcing you to pick one of a dozen or so Pokemon for every team you build.

Well, Alola is super far away from any region. It would make sense that Mega Evolution is not as prominent there as it is in Kalos (the birthplace of Mega Evolutions) despite connections between the two regions. In XY, Mega Evolution was the big thing and was rightfully given a lot of attention. It's not the big thing now, so it's okay if it takes a back seat to me.

No. The anime and supplemental media are still leaning on them heavily, the Z-Ring looks like it has a circular hole for a Key Stone on it, and the idea that Game Freak, masters of keeping irrelevant Pokémon forms in all of their games, are going to drop dozens of them at a stroke is a little daft.

They don't seem to be the focus this time around by any means, but I'd be struck dumb to see that they'd been taken out.

MiTYH

With Version Exclusives by now we knew all of X/Y's Kalos Version Exclusives---the Box Legendaries, Skrelp and Clauncher at E3 2013, and then Spritzee and Slurpuff in CoroCoro in July I think. There were Version Exclusive Megas revealed post-released, but I've wondered too why we haven't had any solid Version Exclusives for SM yet...even the Box Legendaries I don't think have been said to be Version Exclusive specifically, though likely.

I forgot how Ruby and Sapphire's pre-release was exactly, but I think there outside the Box Legendaries we only knew about Lotad and Seedot, but Serebii's archives at that time are---um, well look for yourself---so it's hard to track how the pre-release went and I barely remember myself.

Diamond and Pearl revealed the Fossils pre-release (like Gen VI, though this didn't happen with III or V), who were also Version Exclusive, but interestingly Glameow was revealed alongside Buneary (though prior leaked alongside Happiny on merchandise) even though it was a Version Exclusive to Stunky, which we didn't learn till post-release. I remember this because I wanted to use Glameow (for...some reason), and happy I had imported Pearl. Never used that fucker, though. Mismagius and Honchkrow weren't revealed till post-release.

With Black and White the Gothitelle/Reuniclus pair was revealed as Version Exclusive, as were Petilil and Cottonee---though I recall it was like a month or so before release, maybe less, and those two had been leaked through PokeExperto. Like with Gen VI we have a Pokemon, Braviary in this case, revealed seemingly as a standalone with its Version Counterpart introduced post-release, though I believe Game Freak flat out stated that Mandibuzz was added a bit later to be its counterpart and may not have been intended to fill that role at first. We also didn't know about the Version Exclusive Genies, but that makes sense since they've never revealed the Legendary Trio pre-release as I recall.

With this in mind we definitely should've seen a Version Exclusive pair by now, and it's doubtful any of the previously revealed Pokemon happen to be secretly one since that's only happened twice. I also think following on XY The Pokemon Company seem interested in a bit more "transparency" before release, such as showing the Version Exclusives and Starter Evolutions before, but perhaps they dialed back since people seemed disappointed in the lack of surprised with XY and ORAS with every Mega Evolution being spoiled before release, even discounting the demo datamine.

Thank you for this writeup, I was just hoping to find some information on the exclusives timeline. I'm REALLY hoping this new CoroCoro next week (ish) reveals some exclusives. I really want to preorder a copy and I want to know who I'm deciding between!

- Red/Blue - Gotta love me some Arcanine and Elexctabuzz. Although technically I was too young to choose on my own, I still got Fire Red when it came out
- Gold/Silver- Silver was my choice, although again, probably was too young, it balanced my Red perfectly since it had Vulpiz/Meowth. And I loved Donphan/Skarmory
- Ruby/Sapphire- Sapphire had me the most hurt, and probably was when I first start paying attention to exclusives. I like Zangoose and Shiftry so much more than Sevpier and Ludicolo
- Diamond/Pearl- Diamond all the way here. a Trex fossil? Sold. And a tank skunk VS Ugly cat wasn't a choice. Although I did miss Mismagius, I always liked that evo line
- Black/White- Probably the toughest call so far. Went with white for various reasons ('MERICA), but Reuniclus and Zerkom sold it for me, actually.
- X/Y- Went with X because of Charizard, mostly. I liked skrelp's line better than clauncher, like ttar over aggron, but that Charizard... can't say no to it.

Hunh, you know, looking at that list, it's really only a few pokemon that decide the version for me. Thanks to the ease of trading and hatching, it's easy to get the missed pokes (In X, I ran a mean Dragalge). The only thing it REALLY impacts is your first playthrough.

Still, come on gamefreak, give us something.

I was thinking the Z-wrist thing reaffirmed Mega evolutions.

Like a do all devices:

Hey kids,

Having trouble managing your Z stone and Mega stones!?!?

Well do I have a treat for you! Here is our Z Wrist 9000 which is over 9000!

You can store your Z stones on the side while you mega Evolve you're favorite Charizard!

Wink wink

Mega Charizard Z

Wink wink

TopoGio

Neo Member

I'm mixed with megas. I like some of the mega designs, but I think the concept leaves much to be desired and ultimately is rather broken.

I think a nice middle ground retcon they can make is that mega forms are basically these "bond evolutions" that they have used to explain Ash-Greninja.

So for example, one you have done the prerequisite bonding with, say, an Alakazam, you can bond with it like Greninja did with Ash and get its "true" form, which is what we know as mega Alakazam.

It would basically be like a glorified alternate form for regular Alakazam and would be permanent so the form isnt only seen in battle like mega evolutions are now. The mega evolution stat raise would obviously be scrapped or at least lowered considerably. It woyld balance the meta, have its role replaced by the, what I think will be, much more fair z moves, and also still allow us to keep these mega designs at the same time.

I just feel like that fits with the theme of pokemon better, instead of basically using a rock to power up your pokemon to super saiyan form.

No. The anime and supplemental media are still leaning on them heavily, the Z-Ring looks like it has a circular hole for a Key Stone on it, and the idea that Game Freak, masters of keeping irrelevant Pokémon forms in all of their games, are going to drop dozens of them at a stroke is a little daft.

They don't seem to be the focus this time around by any means, but I'd be struck dumb to see that they'd been taken out.

I meant in as getting new Mega pokemon, no way would they just take them out of the game lol.

Watch Da Birdie

A popular idea is going forward we'll see stuff like the Alola Variants in the new Regions while Mega Pokemon might be saved for the remakes (such as the possible DP remakes) to give them something to advertise since they lack New Pokemon. I'd be happy with that.

I meant in as getting new Mega pokemon, no way would they just take them out of the game lol.
Ah, I getcha.

Possibly? I don't think we've seen the last of them, but they're obviously not the focus- I could see a few tucked away in the post game, but I'd be surprised if we got them on the same scale as XY or ORAS.

You laugh, but people have been seriously suggesting that Game Freak's dumped them entirely.

Watch Da Birdie

I also wonder if we'll see Version Exclusive Alola Variants.

The two Pokemon we've seen, Vulpix and Sandshrew, are typically Version Exclusive...and rumors claim apparently the Growlithe and Ekans lines, their counterparts, might get Variants too.

Razmos

It's also possible that mega evolutions just aren't in the spotlight this gen so they can show off the other new features, but they are in the game as secrets, like Mega Aerodactyl/Mega Abomasnow ect were (not announced and found hidden in the game)

Dr. Worm

Banned
"[Player]-Greninja"

inb4 everyone names themselves something stupid and kids are running around with Butts-Greninja and Stupid-Greninja

Delio

he showed this too

So Froakie knew it had a hidden power which is why it could never get along with those other trainers until it picked Ash? Interesting.

Neiteio

I also wonder if we'll see Version Exclusive Alola Variants.

The two Pokemon we've seen, Vulpix and Sandshrew, are typically Version Exclusive...and rumors claim apparently the Growlithe and Ekans lines, their counterparts, might get Variants too.
We've already seen a regular Arcanine. Although I suppose anything is possible on Gen 7's Wild Ride!

platocplx

Im starting to think maybe the z-moves would be a counter to a mega, unless that move is also available to the mega. but even then if it can be a trump card for people since you can only use one mega per match that move could help take one out or give you a different strategy where it doesnt have to involve a mega.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, I getcha.

Possibly? I don't think we've seen the last of them, but they're obviously not the focus- I could see a few tucked away in the post game, but I'd be surprised if we got them on the same scale as XY or ORAS.

You laugh, but people have been seriously suggesting that Game Freak's dumped them entirely.

Honestly, I don't know what I'd do about them if I was Game Freak. They ruin the SP campaign if they're available during the campaign given how strong they are unless literally all AI opponents also use them, and if AI opponents do, then Megas lock players into using one of the relatively small pool of Pokemon that actually does have a Mega. You can leave them as just something for the post-game, which means they only ruin competitive play, but you can see that Nintendo does actually place some value on competitive play, as evidenced by the change to IVs this gen.

I don't think they need to remove the concept in and of itself, but if I were Game Freak I'd be looking at changing the mechanic pretty heavily. I certainly wouldn't make status quo Megas a headline feature.

Dr. Worm

Banned
On the one hand, Megas are arguably the most obviously fan-pandering thing Game Freak has ever done; souping up old favorites to ridiculous levels with detailed makeovers and making them Uber-powerful is a powerful appeal to many a small child.

On the other hand, small children have short attention spans, so they could probably be tucked away quietly this time around in favor of Z-Moves or whathaveyou without complaint from their end.

Since Megas only exist temporarily, they can be modified for competitions without causing issues. I'd expect to see rearranged stats, adjustments of Abilities like Parental Bond, and maybe even just replacing some Mega Abilities outright.

On the one hand, Megas are arguably the most obviously fan-pandering thing Game Freak has ever done; souping up old favorites to ridiculous levels with detailed makeovers and making them Uber-powerful is a powerful appeal to many a small child.

On the other hand, small children have short attention spans, so they could probably be tucked away quietly this time around in favor of Z-Moves or whathaveyou without complaint from their end.

Since Megas only exist temporarily, they can be modified for competitions without causing issues. I'd expect to see rearranged stats, adjustments of Abilities like Parental Bond, and maybe even just replacing some Mega Abilities outright.

Okay well, it's very nice that you don't like Megas but holy shit my friend try not to be so reductive and insulting.

I like Megas (which is good because they aren't leaving), and I'm not a small, attentionless child.

The problems are only with a few Pokemon. Many Megas are balanced just fine.

Top Bottom