• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pachter Factor: Michael Pachter is back with his new show. (SIFTD games)

PtM

Banned
Good stuff on NX release date and Zelda delay. I actually thought the delay was about simultaneous platform release.

Justinh

Pachter REALLY doesn't like Nintendo fanboys lol. That was a good episode.

I reckon it's probably because they're the one's who love to shit on him the most.

Remember that thread about Pachter quoted on some Nintendo fansite saying that the NX probably won't get third party support unless it's popular and for some reason there were people giving him crap? Even though the question he was answering was "would Nintendo survive if NX fails?" and his answer "they have never wavered [from producing great content]" and "they'll be fine."

lol wow, just found this on youtube from the Pachattack days.
Michael Pachter Goes Ape Shit On Nintendo Fans

LoveCake

He has said that the reason he has negative views on Nintendo is because they don't seem to be able to bring in the revenue or profits compared to their IP's etc, basically with all they have they should be bringing in more money, he is looking at it from the investment side, this is what people forget.

He also said a few videos ago, that basically if all the 'apparent' Nintendo fans who gave him abuse for what he said about the WiiU had actually put their money where their mouth is and gone out and purchased a WiiU instead of a $15 Amiibo and calling themself a fan, then the WiiU wouldn't be in the state that it found itself in, which is hard to fault the logic in this really.

I think that it's good that Michael does these videos, after all he doesn't have to and also demanded that they are free on YouTube, he does get a lot of hate which I don't get really, everyone has an opinion and he just has a platform to get a bigger audience, he recently said that he doesn't get everything right, if he did he wouldn't be doing what he is doing as he would have pots of cash, starting to sound like a Pachter apologist :/ I just think people need to give him a break as some of the comments toward him are out of order, also a shame that the views on the YT videos is pretty low.

Justinh

Dang it! Typo, sorry about that.

Lol, I was just teasing.

Pachter Factor Episode 27

Will PS4 NEO affect current sales of games and consoles? Why hasn’t Valve gone IPO and how much is it worth? Which E3 press conference has Pach giddy? Is VR too expensive for a mass audience? All this and more!

Did he address the idea of a Valve IPO before? Maybe back on Pachter Factor? I swear I heard this question before...

eloxx

I take it this is the last episode? Shane, the Siftd guy, got his office burglarised.

I think it will also be put on hold because of the current situation. But then again, maybe not. After all it is recorded at a different location by a different crew.

Wireframe

I think it will also be put on hold because of the current situation. But then again, maybe not. After all it is recorded at a different location by a different crew.

No it's recorded, edited and rendered by Shane, I just hope he used a different camera...

meddow

pachter gives an analysis that is different from normal video game people, thus it is interesting to hear.

love the pachter

LoveCake

Pachter Factor Episode 28 is up.

Published on 9 Jun 2016
Is Nintendo better off as a private company? Was announcing the NX so early a mistake? Will VR and AR replace TVs? Why aren't there ads in video game loading screens? All this and more in this week's Pachter Factor!

dickroach

kinda shocked he agreed with the notion that (full price) retail games should not have ads during loading screens, but yeah. i agree with everything he said this ep. I used to feel like he was down on Nintendo as a whole and everything they do, but he just sounds like he thinks they're legitimately making bad business decisions.

Justinh

Pachter Factor Episode 29: E3 Predictions!

Pach goes press conference-by-press conference and looks into his crystal ball!

Uploaded to our YouTube channel early as a thank you to those who contributed to our stolen equipment fund. We can't thank you guys enough.

Not a typical episode where he answers questions. Just about the upcoming conferences.
Looks like he guessed wrong about where the PS4Neo will sit in the PS lineup.

Justinh

Episode 30

Pach returns from E3 to analyze each press conference and his favorite will definitely surprise you. He also answers questions about the prospect of Scorpio stunting sales of Xbox One S, Nintendo admitting a delay by not showing NX, and whether E3 showings have an affect on stock prices.

AmyS

I watched it. I think Pac was right on about the NX (regardless of what he said about it before), but I think it was almost laughable how he talked about Xbox Scorpio having "a 4K processor" and that was really for VR. Didn't mention power, just 4K vs 1K, not knowing WTF he was talking about. And then, saying that once Xbox Two and PS5 comes out in 2020, developers will start making games for Scorpio and PS4.5 / Neo.

jett

D-Member
I've heard people referring to 1080p as 1K before. That shit really needs to stop. 1080p is virtually 2K.

resolutions-with-names-v2.jpg

Pachter going IN on Aisha Taylor.
I think his comment about her seeming disingenuous is ignoring the obvious fact that she is, for lack of a better word, a salesperson in that context. Her job is to sell you, the viewer, on Ubisoft's products, so clearly she's going to be a little...salesy, on stage.

LoveCake

Good ep this week, his thoughts on Zelda/NX were surprising, he thinks with third party support it could be a hit.

LoveCake

Pachter Factor Episode 32 is now up.

Does E3 need major changes to remain relevant?
Is NX doomed if it's not as powerful as Neo and Scorpio?
Did EA send Mirror's Edge Catalyst out to die?
Why aren't more big publishers and developers creating indie games?
All this and more on this week's episode.

Tubie

Pachter Factor Episode 32 is now up.

Does E3 need major changes to remain relevant?
Is NX doomed if it's not as powerful as Neo and Scorpio?
Did EA send Mirror's Edge Catalyst out to die?
Why aren't more big publishers and developers creating indie games?
All this and more on this week's episode.

Pretty good episode.

Can't wait for him to get questions related to Pokemon Go, but I guess we'll have to wait a few more weeks for that.

LoveCake

Pachter Factor Episode 33 is up!

Pach answers questions about:
Brexit's affect on the games industry.
Lowering the cost of "AAA" game development.
Rising and falling publishers.
Vivendi's honesty.

Good views about the Brexit's affect on the games industry in global terms, very interesting on the PS|VR that the numbers could be limited in the UK due to the financial conversion cost due to the high price that Sony would have to absorb due to the price of Sterling (Pounds).

Top Bottom