• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look at Sonic in Lego Dimensions

This is from the LEGO Dimensions Facebook page, it's a first look at Sonic in LEGO Dimensions.

He doesn't look too bad and they're having Green Hill Zone as his stage.

Cn__afQXEAAepMT.jpg:large

Source: https://www.facebook.com/LEGODimens...962090455881/1745535342398554/?type=3&theater

Also during the Sonic event tonight it seems like they're gonna show off the first in-game footage of Sonic.

CoADOX0WIAA0CRj.jpg:small

Neoxon

Not bad, & thank god that they went with Modern Sonic.

And while Green Hill Zone is overused, it's iconic & it does look nice in this game.

I like that some of the GHZ flowers have been recreated in LEGO, but weird that they didn't do the same for the palmtrees given there's official LEGO that looks identical or the checkered soil given how inherently cubic the bricks are.

Really dislike how Lego games keep having non-Lego backgrounds.

I imagine it cuts down significantly on the art time, but I agree, it takes you out of the LEGO experience.
It's partly because of level design/gameplay. Lego objects represent interactive objects. Making everything Lego obfuscates what can and cannot be manipulated.

Also, going by the 100% Lego bonus missions throughout the games... I don't think the games would look as good. The mix is fine IMO.

Top Bottom