• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Preacher |OT| The Beginning Is Nigh - Sundays 10/9c on AMC

Moff

is that the real eugene jesse is talking to or is that just in his head?

I wonder if they keep it like that for when they leave the town. I don't know the comics but I could imagine that eugene's spirit will go with jesse in this form because they would not have a reason to take him with them

My theory is that

The guy who let down the pressure of what I'm assuming is some sort of power plant will go to church on Sunday to see God and so not be there to turn the pressure down so the plant will explode and take out the whole town

Or something like that

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
My theory is that

The guy who let down the pressure of what I'm assuming is some sort of power plant will go to church on Sunday to see God and so not be there to turn the pressure down so the plant will explode and take out the whole town

Or something like that

Most likely.

Obscura

is that the real eugene jesse is talking to or is that just in his head?

I wonder if they keep it like that for when they leave the town. I don't know the comics but I could imagine that eugene's spirit will go with jesse in this form because they would not have a reason to take him with them

Based on the changes between the comic and show, as well as show-Eugenes role as Jesse's inner voice (saying things Jesse's thinking but won't admit), I wouldn't be shocked if he took over the John Wayne role. That leaves him in Hell though which is not cool...

Comic related (massive spoilers):
I hope Eugene is brought back and mentions Satan not being in Hell. For some reason that's the part of the Saints story I'm most worried about not being on the show. Well, that and his final kill of course.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Ratings:

Episode 1: 2.4 million viewers and 0.9 A18-49
Episode 2: 2.1 million viewers and 0.8 A18-49
Episode 3: 1.8 million viewers and 0.7 A18-49
Episode 4: 1.1 million viewers and 0.4 A18-49
Episode 5: 1.4 million viewers and 0.5 A18-49
Episode 6: 1.5 million viewers and 0.5 A18-49
Episode 7: 1.5 million viewers and 0.6 A18-49
Episode 8: 1.6 million viewers and 0.6 A18-49

I don't get the dog thing, why would Tulip ever do such a horrible thing instead of getting blood in other billion ways?
Again, some things were pretty good, some others were just too random.

I don't get the dog thing, why would Tulip ever do such a horrible thing instead of getting blood in other billion ways?
Maybe Cassidy needs something more than simple blood (meat and fresh blood?!) after doing this:

IEq9JF.jpg

No. Anything that has aired is fair game.
Thanks!

Because the people writing this show are atrocious?
I was hoping for something like "no you didn't uderstand it's because..." and then everything would have been explained and I was the stupid and the writers were just good.
But instead it seems like you're right and I'm fucking sad because this thing has potential.

Edit: oh yeah maybe Cass needs a pure soul. Ok I guess? Probably another thing the show puts there for the sake of it?

Why were the men wearing civil war uniforms

It's a major softening of one of the major Quincannon themes in the comics. The following is a small comic book spoiler, but probably won't spoil anything in the show (no guarantees though):

In the comics, Quincannon is a full-blown KKK member, and it's the KKK that tries to help him take down Jesse Custer (in a totally different context).

Obscura

What are the billion other ways she could have gotten blood in a small town in Texas, for a almost completely destroyed vampire?

Blader

I'm liking this show more, but I also feel like it's making less and less sense.

Can see where they're going with regards to matching up to the comics (comic spoilers):
It's pretty apparent that in this TV show version God hasn't left heaven yet by the conversations with the angel guys. So now Jesse is going to "call him down", which probably pulls him out of heaven.

Oh really? I had the opposite view of it:
the reason the angels were so hesitant to talk about God is because they know he's left and don't want to talk about it. My guess is that the finale will involve Jesse calling God down, and when no one shows up, it'll be revealed it's because God has already left; there's no one there to "call down" to Earth. Which then angers Jesse about God not being present at all and I guess sets him off on a journey next season to find him.

That said, does anyone really buy Jesse's sudden anger and disdain toward God? I feel like that happened much too quickly here.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
It's a major softening of one of the major Quincannon themes in the comics. The following is a small comic book spoiler, but probably won't spoil anything in the show (no guarantees though):

In the comics, Quincannon is a full-blown KKK member, and it's the KKK that tries to help him take down Jesse Custer (in a totally different context).
I like that panel where the members are talking about him behind his back

"All he does is talk about how
he hates niggers
"

What are the billion other ways she could have gotten blood in a small town in Texas, for a almost completely destroyed vampire?

There's one of the biggest meat factories in America, there's her blood and there's the blood in the hospital (she could totally steel it).
But it had to be a good dog of course.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

There's one of the biggest meat factories in America, there's her blood and there's the blood in the hospital (she could totally steel it).
But it had to be a good dog of course.

Vampirolol
Today, 05:23 PM, Post #1283

jett

D-Member
Does this show have a point?

I'm ready to bail like True Detective Season 2. Feels like I'm wasting my time.

Yep, it feels rather pointless and aimless. What is this show even about? The whole Tulip scene. A waste of air time.

I'm intrigued by some of the show's ideas, but it's just not doing anything of interest with them.

Krowley

I've been warming to this show, but the latest episode really went off the deep-end into straight-up absurdism, and it just didn't work. Everything related to the siege was just too much, and it felt like I was watching a different show.

I like weird, surrealist shit a lot more than most people. Believe me. And I've been loving all the weirdness in this show up to this point. It was doing a very good job of treading a fine line between ridiculous nonsense, and real drama. This episode was a bad misstep. Not enough to make me quit the show or anything, but I can't believe they mishandled it that bad.

The episode was just broken.

Jetman

Went to the Comic Con panel for this and it was amazing. Kevin Smith moderated and Joseph Glengun basically is Cassidy. Was laughing so hard I almost pissed myself, multiple times. Had some very good questions about the series from the audience too. If you guys can look up the panel it's worth watching.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Ive been really enjoying this season gotta say. Shame people arent into it. Guess its a blessing i didnt know anything about the comics.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.

Don't worry its a tv show so the dog never really died. Least she gave the dog one good day. that said, i am almost through with this show there is no direction or anything well thats until i say the previews for the last 2 episodes. so maybe this show can find its footing and get good soon.

Top Bottom