• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Zero Time Dilemma Preorders - Aksys Watch Tax in Europe is 10x Atlus Tax!

FluxWaveZ

Still about 3 weeks left for me to return the items on Amazon. If there's no word before then, I guess I'll just do that. A bummer, since I like the ZTD watch design more than the VLR one (which I also have, but it's broken) and I would have liked to get one.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I had a dream yesterday the bonus item was a copy of the persona 3 art book and Barack Obama delivered it to me

LiK

Amazon was right. they mentioned August initially and that's when we'll probably finally get it. I'm gonna laugh if they fuck up my orders cuz I made multiple orders for multiple watches. They better not send me just one.

milkham

ZE0v4ND.png

Cross your fingers. The watches going out will probably just start another round of "what the hell is happening" for all parties.

tokkun

Have not gotten the game yet, but I also didn't bother contacting CS to complain since I have enough of a backlog. I'm not sure why they sent me the email saying that they would be shipping the game immediately and the watch later if they weren't going to follow through on it, though.

Cody_D165

Banned
Anyone else not buying anything from aksys after this fiasco?

gonna be difficult. I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt but the fact that it's been this long with essentially no communication is simply appalling. If Amazon hadn't hooked me up with a discount on their end I'd be furious about this whole thing.

Seth

amazon will only say "I'm so sorry, but we can't offer any additional insight or action on this matter." to me now lol

oh ok, well good to know its not just me haha.

Last time I went on the chat asking for an update, the dude tried to cancel my order and get me to order a normal one.

Have you guys tried changing the shipping speed on the order? Mine was stuck in limbo until i got advice to change the shipping speed and it worked for me.

milkham

I haven't bought many Aksys games in the past but honestly I probably wouldn't hesitate to buy another game if I was interested, probably just avoid any special editions. Looks like they're having trouble shipping shiren the wanderer limited edition too

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
No idea, ive just been watching their Twitter for watch info and they're asking for patience

Sounds like a bunch of people angrily emailed them about not receiving it on release day, I'm guessing? Everyone on the replies are just bringing up the watch. Because yeah, I received mine in time, so I guess they weren't able to get them all it? It is their first store exclusive LE, so I dunno I guess something came up.

milkham

Sounds like a bunch of people angrily emailed them about not receiving it on release day, I'm guessing? Everyone on the replies are just bringing up the watch. Because yeah, I received mine in time, so I guess they weren't able to get them all it? It is their first store exclusive LE, so I dunno I guess something came up.

So what do you think of Shiren the Wanderer?

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Are the people who haven't been shipped the game waiting for Vita or 3DS versions? I had both preordered on my account. The 3DS version was for a friend, and that shipped and arrived to him two weeks ago. My Vita version still says estimated delivery between yesterday and the 24th of August?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So what do you think of Shiren the Wanderer?

The LE itself, or the actual game? The LE is nice (I'm not super hard to try and please), but the game is backlogged right now, as I have other stuff I'm trying to finish up. It's mainly a "buy now just in case it sells out quick, play later" title.

Have you guys tried changing the shipping speed on the order? Mine was stuck in limbo until i got advice to change the shipping speed and it worked for me.

I havent done that, but numerous times when I have contacted Amazon, they give that line about how they will upgrade the shipping at no additional cost

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
It sounds like they've been overwhelmed by the Shiren demand on twitter.

grim-tales

Hey guys,
I have a problem with ZTD, it won't let me switch voices "in-game"? :s
I listened to the Japanese track but find the subtitles too small and hard to read, but now the voices are still Japanese on my save file, even though I changed them to English in the Options screen :(
This is annoying, and something of an oversight I think.

FluxWaveZ

Decided to return both of my copies; not convinced I'd even get an update before August 19, which is the last day to initiate the process on Amazon for me.

Oh well, they looked cool, too.

Hey guys,
I have a problem with ZTD, it won't let me switch voices "in-game"? :s
I listened to the Japanese track but find the subtitles too small and hard to read, but now the voices are still Japanese on my save file, even though I changed them to English in the Options screen :(
This is annoying, and something of an oversight I think.

You need to load your saved game and access the option in game to change settings.

Still no game (Vita version) yet for me. I can't change the shipping speed because I got free One-Day Shipping from Amazon. I've tried changing the payment method a few times, though.

Not yet shipped
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

Geedorah

Next time I miss a dead-line in the office, and my boss calls me in to ask what happened - I'mma hit 'em with the trademark Aksys "¯\_(乀ᄁ)_/¯".

Seems to be working great thus far for them, no idea why it shouldn't work for me...
/s

FluxWaveZ

Did you not want to play the game, though?

I owned the game on day 1 digitally. Literally the only reason I got both of these physical copies from Amazon US (despite living in Canada) was so that I could have two watches: one to actually use, and the other to keep sealed.

hayejin

Next time I miss a dead-line in the office, and my boss calls me in to ask what happened - I'mma hit 'em with the trademark Aksys "¯\_(乀ᄁ)_/¯".

Seems to be working great thus far for them, no idea why it shouldn't work for me...
/s

Or bombard him by telling him exciting things about other things and keep ignoring him about deadline.

Top Bottom