• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Sorian

Banned
That sounds like a great way to miss a whole lot of silver chests and lose time in the long run because you can't possibly kill as much alone in the alotted time.
Plus, you know, it's an MMORPG. We may complain, but boiling it all down to "just discard the people" is a terrible, terrible thing.

It's like you entirely missed the point.

Village

Monk needs no weapons. Just their bear hands.
Yeah but ninjas are ninjas

This is my internal struggle
I play the classes I think are cool, i think both of those are really cool

Monk has an advantage, im a level 60 dragoon so I could just go to 30 and keep going

Unlike ninja which requires rogue

Squishy3

Also minor nitpick about the floor 50 boss in PotD.

The Edda Slain message seems out of place considering the whole nature of that questline and it being a tragic story. Especially considering you just saw Edda's spirit be cleansed of whatever dark energy was possessing her and pass on.

Monk needs no weapons. Just their bear hands.

bear-hands-tf1000ca-toddler-fleece-mittens-camel-3.gif

K.Sabot

Aquapolis has made me so rich, it's any wonder how the market in my server (balmung) isn't absolutely destroyed by inflation yet.

Ogawa-san

I'm 28/29 heading to a 6th PotD clear and I can barely keep myself awake, it's intensely boring. Except for the tension that is 41-50... Feels like Danganronpa, one of the other three in the group will probably betray the rest any moment and wipe the group to get out.

I'll have a hard time picking job for the 235 weapon because I don't wanna go back there ever again.

Ken

I'm 28/29 heading to a 6th PotD clear and I can barely keep myself awake, it's intensely boring. Except for the tension that is 41-50... Feels like Danganronpa, one of the other three in the group will probably betray the rest any moment and wipe the group to get out.

I'll have a hard time picking job for the 235 weapon because I don't wanna go back there ever again.

3.4 will save the game

Yeah, things do get a bit more interesting on floors 41-50.

The beginning floors are pretty boring but I guess that's just to ease people into it.

There's still 150 more floors to go so I hope they keep things interesting instead of redoing the difficulty curve every 50 floors.

Squishy3

Man learning the opener for summoners is messing with me mentally.

It's easy as a melee DPS to mentally separate the oGCDs you use because you just go "OK, I use blood 4 blood and battle litany on heavy thrust, blood of the dragon+internal release on impulse drive, etc. etc." but on summoner you're activating them on ruin 2 like 5 times in a row and it's messing with me super hard because of the muscle memory I have on Dragoon weaving them with different abilities each time versus using the same ability multiple times in a row.

I think I've mostly got it down now (On a training dummy, anyway.) and just need to get it into muscle memory now, though. Summoner's a blast.

Teknoman

So GAF FC, do you guys have specific groups already set for PotD, or with the two save slots, is it pretty easy to just jump in with whoever? Asking since i'll probably be bugging people tomorrow / on my day off lol.

Well, FC dead again. Friends are not saying they quit, but haven't been on in days, some weeks, but are clearly engrossed with Overwatch, Pokemon Go or what have you. One of them is a co-worker of mine and I know he's been on other games. Even my neighbor FC which I was doing activities had it's leader go MIA. So there goes bird farming and treasure hunts.

Perhaps I should just bow out until 3.4 and find something else, granted I'm too scatterbrained for hardcore content and current EX fights, but maybe this is a sign I should drop out for a few months though I do want to at least get the Yokai stuff done. I'd feel like a traitor but honestly they don't seem to care.

Sifl

There has to be a lower chance of getting silver chests on floors 41-50, right? They're everywhere like roaches from floors 1-40, but on 41-50 in 3 runs I've gotten a total of 1 upgrade from them and have seen like 4. Either that or I'm incredibly unlucky.

Omnicent

There has to be a lower chance of getting silver chests on floors 41-50, right? They're everywhere like roaches from floors 1-40, but on 41-50 in 3 runs I've gotten a total of 1 upgrade from them and have seen like 4. Either that or I'm incredibly unlucky.
Yeah, chance is lowet. On the OF it was stated that drop chance will be upped. Also Edda will always give an upgrade.

I post the link in a priot post.

Well, I did it. I've done all of the story stuff so far. My original goal two months ago was to beat Heavensward at least, starting from right at the end of A Realm Reborn. I did that some weeks ago, and then kept going to see the Dragonsong War through to the end. Hooray!

With only two days on my subscription left, there's still some stuff I might do. Weeping City is waiting for me, also some Alexander stuff still (why does no one queue for it? ;_;). But I'm good for now, to get back into the fray when new story-content releases.

Signed: Kahran Leah!

UpFFnoq.jpg

Well, I did it. I've done all of the story stuff so far. My original goal two months ago was to beat Heavensward at least, starting from right at the end of A Realm Reborn. I did that some weeks ago, and then kept going to see the Dragonsong War through to the end. Hooray!

With only two days on my subscription left, there's still some stuff I might do. Weeping City is waiting for me, also some Alexander stuff still (why does no one queue for it? ;_;). But I'm good for now, to get back into the fray when new story-content releases.

UpFFnoq.jpg

Congrats!

Alexander Gordias normal is going to be tough, since near everyone moved from it. I think SE might make it relevant again for the next anima patch though.

Cmagus

Would be nice if it gets more people interested in raiding again but I doubt it even with the last part of Alexander
The game itself is really feeling pretty exhausted at this point. In some ways I'm looking forward to seeing what the expansion brings but I also feel that if it's all tome grinding over and over I probably won't bother anymore. The game is feeling like a real chore to play for me at this point and I kind of feel like selling off my character and being done with it.

It really baffles me how they're just letting so many aspects of this game die for no reason. Take the new relic quest, the crystal sands gives you a ton of options which is great but umbrite is more tome farming meanwhile you have PVP that's dead on most data centres. Diadem that might as well not exist and it's like why can't we have the option to use wolf marks for umbrite or spoils or MGP? Maybe people would actually care more if they had better options then the boring tired grind. It's not even like those things would be any faster but at least it's more options.

After my static breaking down twice and months and months of stupid outside of the game bullshit I finally took down A6

Eat my shorts, Vortexer

ebil

I don't know if that's entirely true (and almost nobody PUGs anything past A5 on my server, I don't think I've ever seen a training party for A8) but at least I'm not dreading going into Savage each week because the four fights are actually enjoyable.

Nobody I know who quit raiding during Gordias has beaten A6, and a lot of them have quit the game altogether.

A6 is too annoying to pug I feel. Too many wipe mechanics, too much coordination for people without voice comms and then there's the stupid RNG.

Nah, I had one on every floor last run on 41-50. Majority were detonators and mimics but I got some good upgrades as well. I'm at 29-28 so probably one last run if i'm lucky.

Jeels

UpFFnoq.jpg

Congrats on story, your character looks cool. :D

Teknoman

The game itself is really feeling pretty exhausted at this point. In some ways I'm looking forward to seeing what the expansion brings but I also feel that if it's all tome grinding over and over I probably won't bother anymore. The game is feeling like a real chore to play for me at this point and I kind of feel like selling off my character and being done with it.

It really baffles me how they're just letting so many aspects of this game die for no reason. Take the new relic quest, the crystal sands gives you a ton of options which is great but umbrite is more tome farming meanwhile you have PVP that's dead on most data centres. Diadem that might as well not exist and it's like why can't we have the option to use wolf marks for umbrite or spoils or MGP? Maybe people would actually care more if they had better options then the boring tired grind. It's not even like those things would be any faster but at least it's more options.

I think thats definitely the issue. Introducing new content venues, but then not really doing anything more with them...then dumping more tome stuff and fate grind. Yoshi still has a good framework, but when you dont feel driven to play the game aside from story stuff intro'd in each patch, thats an issue.

Omni

Man

A few weeks ago I grabbed the tank boots from Weeping City. Figured it was decent enough to hold me over for a while. What I didn't notice is that instead of accuracy they have god damn PARRY. So now my tank is more or less useless in Nidhogg, Seph and A5s until I save up another 500 lore to replace them. Even with food I'm missing attacks constantly. Not looked at Midas normal stuff I suppose so maybe that could help in the meanwhile.

But still. I wanted to start gearing my Bard this week and now I can't ;___;

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Man

A few weeks ago I grabbed the tank boots from Weeping City. Figured it was decent enough to hold me over for a while. What I didn't notice is that instead of accuracy they have god damn PARRY. So now my tank is more or less useless in Nidhogg, Seph and A5s until I save up another 500 lore to replace them. Even with food I'm missing attacks constantly. Not looked at Midas normal stuff I suppose so maybe that could help in the meanwhile.

The dark night life

Man

Get some accuracy melds.

Top Bottom