• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 4 Firmware 4.0 beta registration now open

BHK3

Banned
You're SOL.
Sony owns your blood and your soul, when you opt into a beta you're only reaffirming the terms of use.
Still hoping for PSONE emulation supported... disc or digital doesn't matter... :p

Anyway I'm in like the last beta! Now waiting for confirmation on participation....

You will get your twitter update notifications through the UI instead and you will like it!

I'll laugh if folders aren't in. It must be the most requested feature since the launch of the console (oh yeah except for PSN name change). I hoping for folders, the ability to pin content, PS1 emulation based on the current PSN library all ready to go and not having to re-buy everything again.

Carl

I think most of the other suggestions listed here and elsewhere would be more welcome.

Things like;

• Folders
  • 2-Step Verification
  • The ability to sort the Library (remove all the Destiny Alpha's and Beta's I have)
  • The ability to view others Wish List's and 'gift' games (similar to Steam)
  • Ability to pin 'Favourite' games

Not against the Community and Social features, but would prefer any of the above over them any day.

Yeah apart from 2 step (which they have already confirmed to be coming) none of the rest are important to me. I'd take more cool useful social features over any of that

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Firmware 4.K

Rigby Redeemed!

Seriously, I would laugh so hard, since he would be owed so many apologies, lol.

Bring on external drive support

Fingers crossed!

Next update needs to be before VT and NEO and that is Oct 13.

This update will be VR and media, lots of APIa from southbridge. Sony started advertising in China, a cheaper slim is expected, projections for 2017 is largest gross since 1998.

I assume VT = VR*?

Chaz3010

Neo Member
Yeah apart from 2 step (which they have already confirmed to be coming) none of the rest are important to me. I'd take more cool useful social features over any of that

Fair enough :) Well you maybe in luck! But it will leave a lot of other people disappointed if that was their main focus with this update.

Is it even technologically possible for them to patch in a 4k blu ray player? I didn't read that other thread because i thought that was all nonsense. I would be legit excited if firmware 4.0 made me think "Damn, so i didn't need to get an xbox one s"

Unknown?

I have appreciated all the major updates so far. Yeah some people wouldn't be happy unless they got exactly what they wanted, and they are features that would be good, but the stuff we did get has been very useful!

Also I love how Sony listened to all the bitching with PS3 updates. Everyone hated getting small updates all the time so now they're just releasing big updates.

Unknown?

I would love this.

I was really mad when they took the start up logo sequence (the BIOS?) from the PlayStation 3 games.

Since they've been playing on nostalgia ever since the PS4 reveal, I always thought it'd be cool to let us choose from all the boot screens. I would love a PS1 boot logo on PS4. 😆

Seems like a bullshit deal.

Well, being a beta tester isn't mandatory. There are very few beta programs out there where the company will accept liability. Besides, with the way the PS4 has a recovery mode, the odds of actually bricking it are pretty slim.

Considering they specifically mentioned this:
Your beta experience will be even better if your PSN friends sign up too, so round them up.
Makes me think this is mostly more social features and a ton of inaccessible Neo+VR stuff in the background to test how that behaves on standard PS4s :p

-folders
-2 step verification
-PSN ID change
-faster download speeds
-status reflecting that you're watching a DVD or Bluray movie
-ability to cancel digital preorders/request refunds for digital items through the OS/PS Store
-option to disable notifications automatically when watching streaming video or DVD/BR movies

My wishlist.

While everyone hopes we will get an update list like this:
I think most of the other suggestions listed here and elsewhere would be more welcome.

Things like;

• Folders
  • 2-Step Verification
  • The ability to sort the Library (remove all the Destiny Alpha's and Beta's I have)
  • The ability to view others Wish List's and 'gift' games (similar to Steam)
  • Ability to pin 'Favourite' games

Not against the Community and Social features, but would prefer any of the above over them any day.

We'll actually get an update list like this:

• More stickers
  • Better social features
  • Stability

Popsickles

How about support for HDD larger than 2TB and fixing the bug that won't let you install anything even if you have more than enough space.
HDD thing is not a bug but a side effect of the file system as it will not fragment an install so it need continuos space.

If custom backgrounds arnt in this one then just....

Only thing i can think of i want at this point

Edit i forgot about folders definitely want better organization

-Let us make forum-like posts in communities, with the option to subscribe to notifications

-"Mentioning" users should send notifications in communities

-Two Step Verification

-Folders, babbyyyy

What the hell's a sticker?

vNBSqgT.jpg

You send 'em in messages. There are some pretty great Knack ones.

Top Bottom