• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

Ohnonono

I've definitely noticed that both village and guild seem easier as a solo hunter than MH3/4- is it just me getting better over the years, the added options from hunting styles/arts, or are the monsters significantly weaker? Attack patterns don't seem that different, maybe they've just toned down low rank a bit, admittedly I'm only just starting HR now.
I am using areal sns and being able to just jump at monsters and usually get a 2 hit combo and take no damage with evade extender has made stuff seem pretty easy.

redcrayon

To my knowledge, it's a mix of the hunter arts and monsters having significantly less health in the Hub (tweaked for about two people instead of three or four). Quests normally end in minutes-seconds unless they're very endgame quests.
On the plus side, it means not having to wait around for a full team before starting a hunt. I remember waiting for ages in Tri because two hunters with average ability and kit would struggle to finish some quests, and have a greater chance of carting due to more chances to get hit and less npc allies drawing fire.
I am using areal sns and being able to just jump at monsters and usually get a 2 hit combo and take no damage with evade extender has made stuff seem pretty easy.
Yeah, I'm using aerial lance and being able to just step on a monsters face and jump over them has stopped me bunkering down in danger zones when I can go over the top, get multiple hits, avoid tremors and tail swipes more easily. Really looking forward to facing the variants for a challenge now.

Mrfb17

Neo Member
Any easy way to team up with Gaf peeps? I'm starting fresh and just got my Urgent 1* in the Hub. Any 1-2* up for some games? I'm happy to farm stuff too just really prefer playing with peeps than doing the village stuff!

Any easy way to team up with Gaf peeps? I'm starting fresh and just got my Urgent 1* in the Hub. Any 1-2* up for some games? I'm happy to farm stuff too just really prefer playing with peeps than doing the village stuff!
Yeah, just post a hub id and ask. I need to start online too, so I'll jump in if you do.

Yeah, it's Evasion+1 when you have the bubbles on you. Also you can never be affected by Bubbles negatively
Figured. Might be more useful when I switch off of adept at some point.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I can probably team for hr2 stuff. Hope you like palico mode.

tuffy

Would MH5 be ready in time for launch if the NX launches in 2017? If the mainline team is still finishing up Stories, I'm not sure how. But I wouldn't rule out a Generations Ultimate on both 3DS and NX as a stopgap.

Shengar

If anyone interested hunting hyper Nargacuga with a friend of mine
36-1207-5103-7183
Gonna do 2 different hyper monster quests first though to unlock it

azyless

If you have a room for HR2 I'm up to that point too.

Cocaine_

Neo Member
There isn't a place to see what a mixed set what look like eh? Athena's had it for MH4U but I remember it taking a while after launch

Does anyone need help with anything? I'm willing to join some lobbies.

Or on the other end of the spectrum, I need to farm some HR5 monsters to upgrade five of my weapons (money, who you do this to me?). Anyone down?

CrazyHal

Incoming rant. Unlocking the option to forge R armor is tedious and stupid.

First of all, you need to be HR6 in order to have acess to hyper monster hunts. Then you need to fight a couple of hyper monsters in order to unlock a quest from little miss forge in which you need to deliver 30 fucking coal. Then you need to do another quest from her dad in which you have hunt 3 hyper tetsucabra in a row which took me 40 minutes to complete!

What the fuck capcom!? Why is the process of unlocking R armors so convoluted!?

cheesekao

First of all, you need to be HR6 in order to have acess to hyper monster hunts. Then you need to fight a couple of hyper monsters in order to unlock a quest from little miss forge in which you need to deliver 30 fucking coal. Then you need to do another quest from her dad in which you have hunt 3 hyper tetsucabra in a row which took me 40 minutes to complete!

Why not go online to do those?

Ghostofst4rm4n

Neo Member
That looks like it cant be pop in easy tho right?

It's a full replacement meant to be installed in the unit. But the stick (the part you want) pops off super easy. Just a little force straight up and the actual stick will come off. And then you can place it in the 3DS c-stick spot with just a little push. I did this the other day and it took all of 2 minutes for the full replacement. And honestly I won't be replacing the c-stick as this works so much better.

Big Brett

I'm looking for recommendations for new 3DS XL grips. I can't stand holding that thing too long! The DPad is so low!

I had a Vita grip a long time ago, and I hated how it was loose, so I'm looking for a good fit!

Fistwell

Randoms' "witty" in-game messages are starting to wear a little thin. Just had someone telling others to "git gud," then proceed to cart twice in a row (carts 2 and 3, quest failed). Greeeaat. That's not even geting into all the n- and f-word abuse. Sucks because the majority of people online actually seem very nice. The minority of assholes is sucking the fun out of public hubs.

redcrayon

Compared to my scraps with Seregios in MH4, they are on another level now- I just jumped off the end of his tail as he was flying up to do his flying kick, turned around in mid-air and managed to get a critical hot on his horn, breaking it and knocking him to the ground. Can't believe I'm now winning aerial duels with alpha predators! I then didn't quite get enough of the material I was hunting him for
to upgrade my lance, only to find that my cats had picked up one each. Awesome stuff.

demonkaze

Up to High Rank now with quite a few Lances unlocked. Looking for some advice on a good armor set to go for and Skills, any advice?

redcrayon

Up to High Rank now with quite a few Lances unlocked. Looking for some advice on a good armor set to go for and Skills, any advice?
Lances inflict lots of hits, so status effects are pretty good. Stun/poison lances work well.

In terms of skills, expert is a good one (increase critical rate) and so is razor sharp (keep sharpness longer) and fencing (deflecting won't interrupt your combos).

I'm in HR4 and still using a heavily upgraded LR Shogun Ceanataur set until something catches my eye.

If you aren't using aerial style, guard up is a good one as it will let you block previously unblocking stuff (various beam attacks etc). If you are using aerial style, any of the skills that increase jumping damage or Iiklihood of mounting are good picks too.

Generally I go for stuff that is always useful against everything over specific resistances etc. I do currently have perception (capture guru) on a talisman for reducing hunt times a bit as I'm soloing HR though.

ChrisD

Randoms' "witty" in-game messages are starting to wear a little thin. Just had someone telling others to "git gud," then proceed to cart twice in a row (carts 2 and 3, quest failed). Greeeaat. That's not even geting into all the n- and f-word abuse. Sucks because the majority of people online actually seem very nice. The minority of assholes is sucking the fun out of public hubs.

I have noticed more poor chat online than what I saw in MH4U. Keep in mind, I rarely play(ed) online in either one (Don't like the touch keyboard), but from my small sample, Generations is definitely worse. Not sure what the deal is.

I looked at this when looking at Rathalos S vs R and realized I will definitely go with S.

I still have a few 6 star village quests left but dayum the single player is way way more thin and overall easy compared to MH4U.

I'm sure though guild stuff will take time.

Shengar

Thanks for the help Illium and Iryx. Without you both me and wouldn't get far. Wish could do something but can't hunt while falling asleep lol.

demonkaze

Lances inflict lots of hits, so status effects are pretty good. Stun/poison lances work well.

In terms of skills, expert is a good one (increase critical rate) and so is razor sharp (keep sharpness longer) and fencing (deflecting won't interrupt your combos).

I'm in HR4 and still using a heavily upgraded LR Shogun Ceanataur set until something catches my eye.

If you aren't using aerial style, guard up is a good one as it will let you block previously unblocking stuff (various beam attacks etc). If you are using aerial style, any of the skills that increase jumping damage or Iiklihood of mounting are good picks too.

Generally I go for stuff that is always useful against everything over specific resistances etc. I do currently have perception (capture guru) on a talisman for reducing hunt times a bit as I'm soloing HR though.

Thanks for this, will look into it. Is Affinity worthwhile for Lance users because I see a lot of people say the Tigrex line is good which is 25% affinity i think?

Vuze

Yeah, not only that but certain (read: totally randomly selected) armors (I think it was Shinobi amongst others) require a ridiculously long questline to complete as well.
I sincerely hope they don't bring this back in the future games. The whole "every stupid quests unlocks some other random mini thing" approach in general is annoying to me.

ohlawd

still doing HR5 non-keys.

14-1906-4802-5865
almost there. will do this 4000 Wycademy point quest for now

edit: lol was about to leave for the quest when this dude popped in. told him I was doing the 4000 crap and he booked it.

Top Bottom