• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terry Crews building a gaming PC after finding Battlefield 1 fun

Rizific

His build is complete, he said on facebook that he'll be signing up for Twitch soon.

m9cXtk2l.jpg
Terry, hit me up. I'll tidy those cables up for you. Yikes.

His enthusiasm is infectious, and he seems to really be into what his son is doing. This is just legit cool. Damn cool, man. Damn cool.

Now get on GAF.

Ploid 3.0

I really hope someone is able to make drivers for PSVR, this video makes me want a vive, but I must hold on for that 1 vr 2 platforms bonus possibility.

The only reason why anyone should be annoyed at the "PC master race" term is it's obvious parallel with "Aryan master race".

Even as a well known meme, crews should know better for that reason alone.

But whatever. Happy the man is getting for a new toy, I guess.

depths20XX

"Uhhh, hey guys, didn't he uhh suck at the game during an E3 demonstration? Lol why would he want to play?"

Give me a fucking break and grow the fuck up.

"Uhhh, hey guys, didn't he uhh suck at the game during an E3 demonstration? Lol why would he want to play?"

Give me a fucking break and grow the fuck up.

He pretty much humiliated everyone who had that attitude by joking about how he sucked and had to improve in the original video.

He pretty much humiliated everyone who had that attitude by joking about how he sucked and had to improve in the original video.

Yup. I'm barely decent at most games, but that doesnt stop me from enjoying them. Same goes for him. Good job for actively looking for ways to bond with his son, a great thing to do that many parents sadly overlook.

If I was AMD I would make sure I had a Flagship card to compete with Titan Pascal and give it to Terry Crews if they don't have one then Nvidia should give him a Titan. Easy promotion.

vector824

So I was a little bored and went and put it together on PCPartpicker if anyone wanted to see the breakdown with current pricing:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6800K 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor ($422.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($104.18 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH X99 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard ($304.99 @ B&H)
Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($308.31 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 2TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($834.00 @ B&H)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Video Card ($649.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: NZXT Phantom 820 (Black) ATX Full Tower Case ($196.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA 1000W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($169.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Optical Drive: Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($99.89 @ OutletPC)
Sound Card: Asus Xonar Essence STX 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card ($269.04 @ Amazon)
Monitor: Acer Predator X34 34.0" 100Hz Monitor ($1202.98 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard ($180.55 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma Wired Optical Mouse ($59.99 @ Best Buy)
Headphones: Audio-Technica ATH-PDG1 Headset ($168.49 @ Amazon)
Total: $4972.38
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-07-26 16:32 EDT-0400

Shoulda gone M.2 and 1.5tb SSD for all that... But hey, he's an awesome guy anyway. Didn't specify what speed of ram but considering the cost of the thing I figured it would be 3200mhz.

Ploid 3.0

If I was AMD I would make sure I had a Flagship card to compete with Titan Pascal and give it to Terry Crews if they don't have one then Nvidia should give him a Titan. Easy promotion.

I believe he would refuse them, and only buy what the community suggest like all of his other parts. This is his hobby now, he's probably not in it for the money, but if they want to give him a advertisement campaign contract I bet he would be down for it.

He would probably give away those cards on his twitch channel.

HardRojo

I wish I had the money to cover my games, technology, figures, clothing, shoes, exercising and other addictions :(
Terry Crews is a cool guy.

Top Bottom