• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 announced for PS4, XB1 and PC

I have the digital gold edition on my Xbox 360, after all this bad news of the "new" ports :( is there any hope of a Backwards Compatibility version on the Xbox One?

Lettuce

I have the digital gold edition on my Xbox 360, after all this bad news of the "new" ports :( is there any hope of a Backwards Compatibility version on the Xbox One?

No i doubt it, Activision has just fucked us over.....i re-bought the digital version when they were on sale over xmas time in the hope that they would be BC...but with this turn of events that seem very unlikely now :(

Ive only ever seen the blanket 1 is better than 2 opinion. What were some of the knocks on 2?

I've made some of my arguments as to why I liked MUA1 better than MUA2 earlier in this very thread. To quote:
MUA1 was a really solid top down action brawler, the characters felt really unique for the most part (some were a little samey, but hey, with a roster of like 30 characters that's to be expected). All the areas were cool and there was some awesome ass bosses too. You had stuff like Atlantis and Skrullos as stages, it was pretty badass.

MUA2 was based on the Civil War comics, and was a lot more lackluster than the first one. The characters felt mostly samey (there was like... two or maybe three "classes" and every hero in each "class" had the same kind of powers), the levels were less diverse and the bosses were mostly characters you also could recruit, with some exceptions. I thought it was a massive step down from the original, although it was still okay.

The first one is better by a long shot, imo. More character diversity, better plot, cooler locations, and all the villains are unique.

No i doubt it, Activision has just fucked us over.....i re-bought the digital version when they were on sale over xmas time in the hope that they would be BC...but with this turn of events that seem very unlikely now :(

Damn it I did the exact same thing with MUA1 :/

haimon

Welp, I wanted to get it on steam, but if I can't use a controller for it normally, thats a refund.

If and when they ever fix the game on pc, I might reconsider it - in the meantime, I will simply get it for the xbone when its up.

GavinUK86

Welp, I wanted to get it on steam, but if I can't use a controller for it normally, thats a refund.

If and when they ever fix the game on pc, I might reconsider it - in the meantime, I will simply get it for the xbone when its up.

Yeah I would get it on console.

After tinkering around on the PC version, you can use a program like xpadder or something similar to map all the keyboard keys to your controller if you want.

Or, you know, just get the console version.

Or if you own the originals, just stick with those.

Man buying these is such a scam. This is not even a remaster imo. Just a regular port lol. And the Superior of the two games don't even have dlc included. Lmaooooooo what a joke.

I played the first game so much on the 360 but without its DLC I have no interest in it. Hulk is my favorite character to play as.

I really liked to play as all of the villain characters, and I also enjoyed the challenge Nightcrawler presented (he was rubbish sadly lol). Playing without the DLC is a big loss, I'd rather play my copy of the Special Edition on the 360. At least there I have more shit unlocked already. And it cost me less than 40€.

So I found the people behind the Marvel Ultimate Alliance PC port and well....

They've produced almost nothing but Shovelware such as Zumba Fitness and Singstar games

be6cd190d48c19b0b5d0a0d49e7ea44d.png

They've produced almost nothing but Shovelware such as Zumba Fitness and Singstar games

This went from "I'll buy it when it's on sale" to "fuck Activision"

The worst publisher in gaming seems back. Tough luck EA.

Crush 3D is the only thing on that list that's pretty good.

Just a simple PSP to 3DS port, but we'll done.

Drewfonse

This game is not that good, pretty boring IMO. The last one of these I played was X-Men Legends on PS2.

The new version is 30 Frames per second still and the cutscenes look blurry due to the low resolution.

If you are a fan of beat 'em up games, get Odin Sphere Leifraisir instead.
I am uploading a video of MUA2 now.

Holy shit, I had forgotten about this. Never played the original. Just ordered, thanks!

styl3s

Someone is streaming the steam version of MUA1 and he's playing as Magneto and Magneto is part of the Villain DLC pack no?

jmizzal

This went from "I'll buy it when it's on sale" to "fuck Activision"

The worst publisher in gaming seems back. Tough luck EA.

Its such a shame, they make all that money off COD and wont even use it to help fund a remaster of a game from a huge Marvel Franchise, what a joke

It's worth mentioning the original MUA1 supported 1080p or something about that. Basically, whatever resolution you set your PS3 to, the game played it at that resolution, which meant it had a vastly higher framerate on SD TVs. 10 years ago that was still semi-common. But that meant if you bought an HDTV and then booted up MUA1, the framerate on the PS3 was pure fucking garbage. Like REALLY REALLY bad.

Disney Sing It was one of the worst UIs I have ever seen in a game.

The flow to play the game was to pick a number of songs you wanted to sing, pick the songs, and then after playing, it would send you back to the main menu to do it all over again.

There was no mode to simply just play a fucking song and go back to the song selection screen. Infuriatingly terrible.

Someone is streaming the steam version of MUA1 and he's playing as Magneto and Magneto is part of the Villain DLC pack no?

I see someone streaming MUA2 since they have Cable as well. They probably clicked MUA by accident instead of 2 when going to broadcast.

Disney Sing It was one of the worst UIs I have ever seen in a game.

The flow to play the game was to pick a number of songs you wanted to sing, pick the songs, and then after playing, it would send you back to the main menu to do it all over again.

There was no mode to simply just play a fucking song and go back to the song selection screen. Infuriatingly terrible.

You mean this monstrosity of a UI? Yeah this is just awful

2b97af0ed393a752b24e0db6c1ec6296.png

JP

They are credited in the PS4 versions as well.
Isn't that just because the PS4 and Xbox One versions are actually from the PC version of the game? As they were credited in the original PC release it makes sense that they would be here too, it doesn't mean they had were involved in releasing these versions though.

Toki767

Ultimate Alliance 2 looks passable. Not great, but still alright.

Ultimate Alliance 1 though. It's such a shame that it looks like crap.

ryseing

Played an hour or so of the first game. The word I would use is stiff. Everything just feels stiff, from the menus to the little things like picking up coins. It's a fun game but the port quality is questionable at best.

Isn't that just because the PS4 and Xbox One versions are actually from the PC version of the game? As they were credited in the original PC release it makes sense that they would be here too, it doesn't mean they had were involved in releasing these versions though.

Steam pages list them as the primary dev.

Cleve

God damnit activision. I actually might have paid your ripoff pricing if they actually had all the DLC and ran at 60 fps.

SimonM7

My brain is turning to mush over people comparing Diablo 3 and Marvel Heroes to MUA. MUA is straight up a classic brawler, with tactile character control and combos. Only if clicking things to death equates Streets of Rage to you are the games similar.

jmizzal

So it does have the DLC characters included? Juggs was day one preorder or some nonsense if I remember right.

Either way, gonna wait on this. Thanks for biting the bullet and giving us info and vids though.

MUA2 has all the DLC on PC/PS4, MAU1 does not, but we still dont know if the Xbox one version has it, since it could be based on the Xbox 360 Gold edition which has all the DLC in MUA1.

Which could be why it was delayed since it might be ported from a different game

Top Bottom