• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXOE Monthly Updates |OT| OS features for the pre-season, games for the Holidays!

New update went live today. Minor fixes

EDIT: Added patch notes.

HOW TO GET IT

• If your console is in Instant-On mode, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.

• NOTE: Once the update is available, you can manually begin the update by launching the Guide and navigating to All Settings > System > Console info & updates.

• If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 2:00 PM PDT 7/19/2016, you will be prompted to do so at that time.

DETAILS

OS version released: rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160716-2035
Available: 6:00PM PDT 7/18 (1:00 AM GMT 19/7)

Thanks for helping us test the latest Xbox One update! We’re eager to show off the new features and experiences we’ve been working on. We’ve noted below a few important things to be aware of before you jump in.

• Certain content (games, apps, DLC) purchased in the new Store may only be available on consoles enrolled in the latest Preview update. This means…
• Games purchased on a console running the latest Preview update can only be played on that console or other consoles running the latest Preview update.
• Games purchased via Xbox.com can be played on any console.
• Games purchased on a console running the previous update can be played on any console.

• Certain parental control features aren’t functioning appropriately in the current build. As a result, we encourage users to exercise caution when letting children access a console that is using the latest Xbox One update until these issues are resolved.

• We’ve added several settings that are already found on Windows today. These include SmartScreen Filter, which sends URLs you visit in apps to Microsoft to check against a list of potentially harmful sites, and advertising ID, which helps Microsoft present you with more personalized ads in Universal Windows Apps. You can choose to turn these off and manage your preferences for how Xbox One uses your information in Settings.

FIXES

• Pins
Resolved an issue which could sometimes cause pins with no app installed to link to the wrong Store page.

• My games & apps
Resolved an issue which could cause tile art to display at an incorrect resolution.

CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES

• Guide
The Guide may fail to launch by navigating to the left on the dashboard or double tapping the Xbox button.

• Xbox Preview Dashboard
You may encounter an "Unexpected error" screen when attempting to launch the Xbox Preview Dashboard app or Report a problem.

• Users are able to select their own Gamertag at no charge once per account. After this you will be charged for future Gamertag changes. In the current update, any free Gamertag changes will complete successfully. Attempting to purchase a Gamertag change will charge your account, but will not change your Gamertag. Please avoid purchasing a Gamertag change on Xbox One at this time. To successfully change your Gamertag, visit https://account.xbox.com/ChangeGamertag.
• When selecting “Add new” to add a new profile, the add profile interface may take up to 30 seconds to appear.

• Cortana
When using a language Cortana does not support, you may still see references to Cortana in text.

• Pins
If you have pins on your Home to movies, TV shows, or music, they will disappear from Home when that app takes its new app update. The pins for the apps will stay on your Home, easy to get to.

• My Games & Apps
You may encounter an error when attempting to load Ready to Install with a large number of digital games and apps.

• Community Calendar
Links to the Store in Community Calendar event details do not currently function.

• The Crew
The Crew may fail to launch if purchased via Games with Gold.

malfcn

Had BC360 running RDR and left it idle for awhile. All of a sudden the system shut itself off. Controller couldn't turn it on, like it wasn't paired. Now booting..what the heck? Hope nothing nefarious happened.

Since the update went live to everyone last night I haven't been able to launch tomb raider which I got through gwg. Anyone know how to fix this?

etta

my hard graphic balls

Thanks!

Wanted to show some examples:

Look how beautiful and clean the light theme looks:

Sly42KG.png

jKeR41t.png

wY8QM11.png

And the Films and TV app has a light theme option too, I just noticed it, and it looks so beautiful there as well. I couldn't take any pics because I used streaming to snap screens and you can't stream the Films and TV app.

The update before the anniversary rollout broke Tron Run/r for me. On two seperate Xboxs, I get a long delay after the splash screen and then a CTD.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is this a known issue? I've tried all the usual voodoo: power cycling, reinstalling and so forth.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
The new preview update today allows to modify the start up chime the console makes.

DETAILS

OS version released: rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160810-1700
Available: 6:00PM PDT 8/12 (1:00 AM GMT 13/8)

NEW FEATURES

• Startup Chime
Thanks to the passionate feedback of the Xbox Global community, you can now modify, turn on, or turn off the startup chime! You’ll find three new options in Settings > Power & startup > Power mode & startup.

• On (startup chime plays anytime the console is powered on).
• Only with power button or voice (startup chime plays when console is powered on via the power button or voice; does not play when powered on with the controller).
• Off (startup chime never plays)

FIXES

• Xbox Universal Store
• This build contains multiple fixes to address crashes in the Store.
• Fixed an issue which could sometimes cause time based trials to display incorrect time remaining.
• Fixed an issue which could sometimes cause a “Try again later” error to appear when newly purchased content is downloading.
• Resolved an issue which could cause errors when attempting to purchase or play movies and TV shows.

• Installation
Resolved multiple issues which could cause certain universal apps to fail to install.

• Game DVR
You should now receive a “storage is full” notification when attempting to upload a capture to Xbox Live if storage is full.

• Controller
Resolved an issue which could cause certain games to fail to recognize the controller upon launch.

Forsythia

• Startup Chime
Thanks to the passionate feedback of the Xbox Global community, you can now modify, turn on, or turn off the startup chime! You’ll find three new options in Settings > Power & startup > Power mode & startup.

• On (startup chime plays anytime the console is powered on).
• Only with power button or voice (startup chime plays when console is powered on via the power button or voice; does not play when powered on with the controller).
• Off (startup chime never plays)

They call it the startup chime, but this turns it off on shutdown as well. Finally!

Caayn

• Startup Chime
Thank you. My most requested feature since the start of the Anniversary preview changed the startup chime behaviour.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
DETAILS

OS version released: rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160812-1642
Available: 6:00PM PDT 8/14 (1:00 AM GMT 15/8)

FIXES

• Xbox Universal Store
• Fixed an issue which required users to click twice on the buy button.
• Resolved an issue where some users were experiencing Store crashes.

• Sign In
Resolved an issue that was preventing some users from being able to sign in.

• My Games &Apps
Resolved an issue which could sometimes cause a black screen to appear when attempting to use the Weather App.

Bobnob

Not sure where to put this. I'm not in the preview program, since the last update i'm getting game freezes and my notifications have stopped working all together, i have checked settings and reset my console with no joy.

So I'm selling my Xbox one that's enrolled in preview. So I have to reset to factory and be courteous to re-download the most current publice update right? I don't need to resign in to get the update do i?

etta

my hard graphic balls
So I'm selling my Xbox one that's enrolled in preview. So I have to reset to factory and be courteous to re-download the most current publice update right? I don't need to resign in to get the update do i?
You can't download the public update manually, the console is stuck on that current firmware until the next public update.

etta

my hard graphic balls
For the love of God, Mike, fix this shit

kv8rONh.jpg

I don't want no trendy swag flooding my (I got this from Reddit but I've seen similar junk in mine) feed like this. Let me disable it.

muzzymate

Wait! What is this? Are they deprecating snap? Trying to snap YouTube next to OneDrive.

"Can't snap this app - Sorry, this app can't be snapped next to the other one. 0x87e10005"

Alx

Wait! What is this? Are they deprecating snap? Trying to snap YouTube next to OneDrive.

"Can't snap this app - Sorry, this app can't be snapped next to the other one. 0x87e10005"

There is some weird behaviour with snap since the Win10 update. Apps can be snapped next to some applications, but not others. I can run Plex snapped next to a game, but not IE.
It does make the feature quite inconsisent, I wonder what changed from the original design "you can snap anything that supports it".

Bobnob

Hi, I'm not in the preview program but just recieved a update,I'm on is version 1608 160909 1900. It doesn't seem to of changed anything and I can't find any info.Help!
I was hoping I was getting the clubs feature.

mike4001_

Hi, I'm not in the preview program but just recieved a update,I'm on is version 1608 160909 1900. It doesn't seem to of changed anything and I can't find any info.Help!
I was hoping I was getting the clubs feature.

This is the last Bugfixing update for the 1608 update.

It seems it is now rolling out to everyone.

Forsythia

Ever since a few updates ago (I guess the one that added clubs) when I pre-order a game I have to redownload the entire thing on launch day as an update. Had this with ReCore, Forza Horizon 3 and now XCOM 2. Anyone else have this issue? It kind of beats the purpose of preloading.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Ever since a few updates ago (I guess the one that added clubs) when I pre-order a game I have to redownload the entire thing on launch day as an update. Had this with ReCore, Forza Horizon 3 and now XCOM 2. Anyone else have this issue? It kind of beats the purpose of preloading.
Is your console in "Instant on" mode? If so, is the setting to auto-update and download while off enabled?

If you don't use instant on mode, you most likely just download a placeholder and have to update at launch, as the console couldn't update to the full preload when it was available, as instant on or updates was off.

Forsythia

Is your console in "Instant on" mode? If so, is the setting to auto-update and download while off enabled?

Yes and yes.

If you don't use instant on mode, you most likely just download a placeholder and have to update at launch, as the console couldn't update to the full preload when it was available, as instant on or updates was off.

I'm sure I've downloaded the full preload, at least the size of the download indicates that.

Lucifon

Still stuck on 1608 which means I don't have those forza fixes from 1610. Why is it taking so long to roll out to everyone?

mike4001_

Still stuck on 1608 which means I don't have those forza fixes from 1610. Why is it taking so long to roll out to everyone?

I don´t think 1608 had the Forza Bug to begin with.

Otherwise they would have said so and also rolled out an update to all 1608 people.

Why they don´t close the 1608 chapter and bring the remaining preview people over to 1610 I really don´t know ...

Theorry

Yeah its annoying that the 1608 people dont get this update also. We even dont get any updates at all anymore. So what is the point to keep us there.

Forsythia

So after the latest update these 'bars' are suddenly solid black instead of transparent. WHY? Please tell me I can change it back.

wp_20161004_20_58_29_w7sos.jpg

mike4001_

So after the latest update these 'bars' are suddenly solid black instead of transparent. WHY? Please tell me I can change it back.

wp_20161004_20_58_29_w7sos.jpg

There was a bug but the last update fixed it.

Resolved an issue which caused description tiles for most recently used games and apps to appear solid instead of transparent.

BUT I believe settings were reverted back to solid.

So go into Settings => Personalization => Background (so something like that) and change the transparency back to transparent.

I'm getting a bit worried regarding my MS account. I can't view my purchase history correctly. account.microsoft.com only shows 2016, everything else is gone. Seven years of content, hundreds of games and dlcs.

The store wants me to buy games that I own again, so obviously some of the licences aren't recognized.

There's a thread on reddit and on the Xbox support forums and apparently Xbox support recommends to ask fo a refund and to buy the game again. Which honestly isn't a good solution at all.

MCD

I'm getting a bit worried regarding my MS account. I can't view my purchase history correctly. account.microsoft.com only shows 2016, everything else is gone. Seven years of content, hundreds of games and dlcs.

The store wants me to buy games that I own again, so obviously some of the licences aren't recognized.

There's a thread on reddit and on the Xbox support forums and apparently Xbox support recommends to ask fo a refund and to buy the game again. Which honestly isn't a good solution at all.

It happened to me with a game or two like DOA5. Thankfully I didn't delete the emails so support was helpful.

Sucks if everything is wiped like that though.

That blows. :/

Did you talk to support and ask to be bumped up to level 2 or whatever it's called?

I'm trying to get it escalated to Level 2 on friday. Xbox support is only available during office hours here and because of work I can't contact them sooner.

On the official forums however they're trying to help people who've encountered the problem.

Lima

So go into Settings => Personalization => Background (so something like that) and change the transparency back to transparent.

They are still solid for me on the latest update and I made sure to change the setting too. Weird.

Forsythia

I can do that, but I don't want my tiles transparent, only the recent games list. It wasn't like that before. Well, time to give feedback again.

Top Bottom