• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sea of Thieves footage from comic con panel

Horrible, horrible actors. And it still isn't in a third person so a complete no-go for me. Still uncertain where the actual game is in this. But it should appeal to the Destiny type of crowd.

You think the GAF people playing the game are "horrible, horrible actors". You don't know what the actual game is, but you know what crowd it will appeal to. Solid work, mate. More of these informed posts, please.

One thing I will say is I hope I never play a game with any of the vocal minority in here that seems to go out of their way to hate on the fans in the video.

It's clear to me that you'd all be the worst sort to play with.

You'd apparently never talk during a game (it's cringe worthy after all).
You'd never get excited about a game or to be playing it (don't want to be fake, after all)
You'd wouldn't be caught dead trying to role-play a bit as a pirate (you're all horrible actors, after all)

I will assume your regular Gaffer will stay really cool when given the chance to be among the first players on the planet playing the newest game from their favorite studio, sure thing. How jaded have some gamers on this forum become? Or is it because fuck MS etc?

But I didn't say that noone should display any emotion.

Only that it's a bit over the top. If it wasn't then there wouldn't be so many posts about it.

Anyway, it kind of sucks that this is only Windows 10 : /

SOR5

From the start of the project, we really wanted to nail this kind of cool, cooperative experience of a group of players working together on a ship. Literally, on our roadmap one of the high level goals was making life on the ship fun.

The first time we got that working on a prototype, we just sailed from one end to another one and it was so cool. I never thought that sitting in a crow’s nest would actually be so compelling. It’s kind of like Red Dead Redemption, the nature of riding that horse around is just so compelling…And on paper, actually just going from this place to this other place it may not sound that great but you kind of feel like you’re in a cowboy movie.

And in Sea of Thieves, you kind of feel like you’re in a pirate movie. It’s so immersive and just that nature of sailing around together, going on adventures, being able to pick a point on the horizon and just set sail…

All of those things are part of the core experience. Every time we set down for a test session and we put an hour on the calendar, we always overrun – you just lose track of time. That’s going to be one of the biggest problems for people, they’re going to spend so much time in the game, more than they were planning…Hopefully not forgetting something’s in the oven and burning the kitchen down.

cool quote

Top Bottom