• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NextGen Wheels peripherals PS4 and Xbox One Thread: NeoGaf Wheel Club Updates in OP

robatw

cronusmax is legit.

i have that thing for 3 years now. i mean this is the first time i will ever use it. the g27 support one the ps4 is very nice. too bad my wheel stops working after a while in project cars but maybe its a bad usb hub

bombshell

How about a DFGT on PS4 with full force feeback?

From the comments to the video in that announcement thread:

Cronus Max (cronusmax)
That's not going to happen with the CronusMAX PLUS. We've maxed out the space in the hardware with these two wheels and pushed the processing speed to it's absolute limits. HOWEVER, there may be a full featured product in development that is dedicated just for wheels, many wheels, for both ps4 and xbox one.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw-yDqGhBeE

Can anything make a T300 appear as an XInput wheel on PC?

Let's give Microsoft and Turn 10 the benefit of the doubt until they've patched in (any) wheel support (at all) in Forza Motorsport Apex, which might just be next week with the big anniversary update if rumors are true.
If it's "Xbox licensed wheels only" then, then I'd start looking for workarounds.

So this is 100% legit, no lag, full FFB effects?

Any chance of it being rendered obsolete in a PS4 firmware update?

If it really works with FFB, I'll insta-buy it. I just need it for Driveclub and GT.

I was planning on building the adapter myself with a Pi, but this is easier and ultimately cheaper.

I don't think it could be prevented with a firmware update since all the PS4 sees is a g29.

So if I buy cronosmax v2 (firmware 1.20) and your recommend usb hub I'm set and ready to go?

robatw

If you guys still hang around the forums you recognized that i fixed the problems with the help of the cronus max admins.

It works 100% with full FB - the PS4 detects it as a G29.

Tested with Project Cars and Driveclub.

Deband

Not sure where to ask this but I'm having issues with my new T150 on ps4. When I plug in USB the wheel keeps going from one lock to the other on its own. Driving me bit nuts. Just wondered if anyone else had this problem? Help me gaf.

Not sure where to ask this but I'm having issues with my new T150 on ps4. When I plug in USB the wheel keeps going from one lock to the other on its own. Driving me bit nuts. Just wondered if anyone else had this problem? Help me gaf.

It doesn't STOP and CONTINUES to go from full left to full right to full left to full right aaand so on?!??

If it does that left lock, right lock thing ONCE per power-up, that's just the calibration and completely normal, every wheel has that.

Makki

Thought I would give a heads up, right now at jet.com you can get a Logitech G29 for 257 bucks or even cheaper if you pay with a debit card for those without a cash back CC (1.5% discount) thanks to their current TRIPLE15 coupon. With GT Sport coming out in a few months it aint a bad time to buy one knowing that the cheapest I've seen it has been $280ish at any time

HD0wpWz.jpg

Looking at Driveclub VR has made me realise that I need to get a steering wheel to make use out of racing games in general.

I have no knowledge of steering wheels for the PS4, when it comes to what to pick what should I look for?

Are any PS3 wheels supported?

Oxn

Sigh.

I wanna own a fanatec set up so bad, but most of the racing games i want are for ps4, and they have the better well rounded VR as well.

paskowitz

Sadly, as it stands, a Fanatec wheel only makes sense if you are racing on the PC. ATM I think Sony want a nice big fat check from Fanatec and Fanatec doesn't see the ROI or doesn't have the cash.

Well fuck me, I saw a deal on a G29 for 200 euros and I bought it (bought the shifter too).

Time to sell my G27 (and my Fanatec, for that matter). It's basically a Driveclub-wheel only.xD

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Well fuck me, I saw a deal on a G29 for 200 euros and I bought it (bought the shifter too).

Time to sell my G27 (and my Fanatec, for that matter). It's basically a Driveclub-wheel only.xD

Could have gone the GIMX route and kept your G27 instead of buying what is essentially a repackaged G27.

Could have gone the GIMX route and kept your G27 instead of buying what is essentially a repackaged G27.

Yeah I know and I considered it for quite some time...but then I just hate the hassle of anything extra than plug and play and I wanted to be sure of the compatibility for future proof, even though I'll miss my bad boy.

I'll sell the g27 in no time and it's basically a free exchange.

frontieruk

Updated version of post I made in the Forza 6 thread as per request... This is regarding UWP support for wheels on PC.
Frontieruk said:
What Steering Wheels will Forza Support?

As far as I know, Forza should support the same range of devices supported by the API. And according to the API documentation, the currently supported list of steering wheels is:

Supported Devices
RacingWheel supports any Xbox One certified or Xbox 360 compatible racing wheel without force feedback support.
Force feedback is supported on the following device models:
Code:
Manufacturer	Model
Logitech	                G25
                                G27
                                G29
                                G920
                                MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
Thrustmaster	T300RS
                                T500RS
                                RGT Force Feedback
                                T150
                                TX
                                TMX
Fanatec          	CSR
                                HID-mode for the Xbox One
So, the wait should be over soon!

So a small chance that older wheels will be supported on the Xbox One, but better news that they are supporting older wheels on PC for their UWP platform.

Interestingly requirements for this support is Windows 10 device family

Sorry for the small derail.

drotahorror

Sorry for being stupid but does that mean UWP will support the G29 which is a PS4/PC wheel?

Awesome if so, I was kind of pissed I wouldn't be playing FH3 w/o a wheel, or atleast the opportunity to use mine. It's not always the most comfortable thing to use for extended periods of time but it's fun to use.

frontieruk

Sorry for being stupid but does that mean UWP will support the G29 which is a PS4/PC wheel?

Awesome if so, I was kind of pissed I wouldn't be playing FH3 w/o a wheel, or atleast the opportunity to use mine. It's not always the most comfortable thing to use for extended periods of time but it's fun to use.

On PC I'm 90% certain that yes you'll be racing with your wheel... Xbox support is implied for your wheel in Microsoft's documentation, but documentation and reality often differ, especially if you've ever entered a jeff_rigby thread.

drotahorror

Nice. For now, all I care about with the g29 is PC compatibility for future racers. And since Forza will be a PC series as well, it's nice to know it'll likely be supported which I was afraid wouldn't be happening.

Just a month or so away from finding out for sure, hopefully there will be more details released before then.

Shaneus

Nice. For now, all I care about with the g29 is PC compatibility for future racers. And since Forza will be a PC series as well, it's nice to know it'll likely be supported which I was afraid wouldn't be happening.
We don't know that. All we've seen for now is MS confirming that peripherals supported on the One will work with games from the Windows 10 app store (or however they've worded it). Haven't confirmed G27/G29/other wheel support at all, other than the Thrusties and the G920.

We don't know that. All we've seen for now is MS that peripherals supported on the One will work with games from the Windows 10 app store (or however they've worded it). Haven't confirmed G27/G29/other wheel support at all, other than the Thrusties and the G920.
I never heard that. When did they say it? I only remember them saying that wheel support - without specifying what wheels any further - is coming to UWP and the two PC Forzas. Now Frontier UK's list from a few posts above is hinting at a few last gen wheels (including the G27) and all PS4 wheels. It's not a confirmation, but a big hint at it. I'm raising my guess of this happening from higher up on this thread page from 30% to 95% now with this new info.

terrible

Banned
I never heard that. When did they say it? I only remember them saying that wheel support - without specifying what wheels any further - is coming to UWP and the two PC Forzas. Now Frontier UK's list from a few posts above is hinting at a few last gen wheels (including the G27) and all PS4 wheels. It's not a confirmation, but a big hint at it. I'm raising my guess of this happening from higher up on this thread page from 30% to 95% now with this new info.

"We don't know yet" is basically as far as they have been willing to go when it comes to confirming if non Xbox One compatible wheels will work with FH3 on PC. If they have more up to date information regarding those wheels they should be getting the word out there but I haven't heard anything personally.

frontieruk

"We don't know yet" is basically as far as they have been willing to go when it comes to confirming if non Xbox One compatible wheels will work with FH3 on PC. If they have more up to date information regarding those wheels they should be getting the word out there but I haven't heard anything personally.

To be fair Microsoft only confirmed the list of supported wheels for Windows 10 version 1607 API the 3rd August, but Turn 10 will of known what was being targeted as they were the driving force behind wheel support.

Hopefully all wheels will be supported (or at least all recent/popular wheels).

It would be nice better than nothing to be able to buy the wheel only from a G920 set (using pedals from the g29 and the shifter is already compatible with both).

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
hey.

is someone able to tell me if the g29 wheel fits on the original g25 wheelstand from wheelstandpro? the one that was sold when gt5 was released?

there seems to be a revised version that is compatible, but i would like to keep my old stand if possible.
anyone made the same upgrade?

amar212

hey.

is someone able to tell me if the g29 wheel fits on the original g25 wheelstand from wheelstandpro? the one that was sold when gt5 was released?

there seems to be a revised version that is compatible, but i would like to keep my old stand if possible.

G29 has the exact same holes AFAIK for both wheel pedals as G25 and same dimensions (mould)

And since G27 have the same as G25, I guess G29 fits into G27 as well

hey.

I just bought a g29 after selling my g27, everything under the wheel and pedals is exactly the same as a g27. I have it mounted on a playseat.

In fact, the g29 is a slightly updated, reskinned g27. Even packaging is the same size.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
thanks guys. so i guess ill get the g29 then.

its currently cheap on amazon uk
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00YUOVBZK/

its 100€ more in germany.

so, another question, as im out of the loop on wheel situation atm.
the g29 is fully compatible with ps4? But the games still have to support the wheel? Or is there a "generic wheel middlewear" or whatever in the ps4, so games just have to support "wheels" and all official ps4 supported wheels work? or more simple: Will all games that support wheels automatically support the g29?

so, another question, as im out of the loop on wheel situation atm.
the g29 is fully compatible with ps4? But the games still have to support the wheel? Or is there a "generic wheel middlewear" or whatever in the ps4, so games just have to support "wheels" and all official ps4 supported wheels work? or more simple: Will all games that support wheels automatically support the g29?

Not really. This gen is dumb.

Official list from Logitech http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g29-driving-force#compatAnchor

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...mpatible_games#cite_note-trustedreviews.com-3

Major games are supported; I guess something like The Crew isn't considered major xD

paskowitz

Straight from Fanatec's Blog:

I can already confirm that the CSW will not be compatible with PS4 on any new games. This is part of the Agreement with Sony and enables us to get a license for PS4. There will probably be a dedicated CSL Elite base for PS4 but I cannot confirm anything until the contracts are signed.

We are not making those rules

Sony, why you do this?

And finally a word to the PlayStation situation. We know that a lot of people want to know what the status is but we cannot announce anything before the contract is signed. We have a good relationship with Sony but we need to follow the rules and although there are absolutely no points of disagreement, sometimes things takes a while because of procedures and work flows. I am confident that we can announce a PS4 Version of this Wheel base soon.

So if you want a Fanatec wheel on the PS4, you will likely have to buy an entirely new wheel base and wheel.

Again, this pretty much cements the fact that if you want to enjoy sim racing, you are better off making the PC your home. Forza MS # is coming to the PC. So basically you are only missing out on GT Sport, which is has a lot prove to make it worth a $500+ investment.

Oxn

Straight from Fanatec's Blog:

Sony, why you do this?

So if you want a Fanatec wheel on the PS4, you will likely have to buy an entirely new wheel base and wheel.

Again, this pretty much cements the fact that if you want to enjoy sim racing, you are better off making the PC your home. Forza MS # is coming to the PC. So basically you are only missing out on GT Sport, which is has a lot prove to make it worth a $500+ investment.

Damn i really want that new Porsche wheel they just released in America too.

paskowitz

Damn i really want that new Porsche wheel they just released in America too.

What I don't get is does Sony really expect people to fork over $400+ ($600+ for Fanatec) for a FFB wheel just for their platform? For what. like 4 games? DiRT Rally, Project CARS, AC, GT Sport. 3 of which are on other platforms. Who is that market?

It can't be all for the licensing fee because the amount of people who would not buy the game because they can't buy the wheel would essentially balance that out. About the only thing I can think of is "perfect user experience" and brand protectionism. I guess Sony figures that if one of their customers has a bad experience with an accessory that that reflects negatively on them... (DS4 still has a POS battery... lol). But how much is that really worth?

Unlike Microsoft, Sony doesn't use XID, so it isn't a hardware/software issue. Sadly, this is probably one of those "arbitrary business decisions".

Picklock

From the comments to the video in that announcement thread:

Cronus Max (cronusmax)
That's not going to happen with the CronusMAX PLUS. We've maxed out the space in the hardware with these two wheels and pushed the processing speed to it's absolute limits. HOWEVER, there may be a full featured product in development that is dedicated just for wheels, many wheels, for both ps4 and xbox one.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw-yDqGhBeE

Looks like DFGT is fully compatible with the PS4 wheel mode http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157283&p=1039226#post1039226

Not sure if this has been linked, but a new CSL entry level wheel base for Xbox and PC has been released, and its half the price of the CSW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWYjxOLRxnw

I almost jumped but I came to my senses. I just wanted to use my clubsport pedals again, so I checked basher boards website and he stopped doing pre orders for his cpx adapter, and you can just buy one again. Im going to do that since my TX wheel is perfectly fine.

Apologies if this has been answered earlier but are there any wheels that work with both X1 and PS4?
Yes.....and no.

The very expensive fanatec clubsport wheel, will work with Xbox one and only Dirt Rally and Project Cars on PS4.

The next iteration of the Fanatec csl wheels will be platform locked. There will be no cross platform wheels anytime in the near future......if ever.

Top Bottom