• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jimquisition: Delayed Reaction (August 22, 2016)

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Our website broke the news that Pokémon GO was going to be released in Brazil later that same day.

It was positive news.

The amount of vitriol the internet threw at us over that was absurd.

Obviously no one came back to apologize once we were proven right.

LeonSPBR

"We laugh because it's better than crying..."

My reaction to MG Survive. There is nothing that will save the franchise anymore.

Also on point with this "HYPE" shit that the internet lives. Every thing that happens to a game that people don't like like delays, they will attack whoever put the news up and attack the site that "dared to put a clickbait article". These people needs to calm down, but it'll never happen.

Justinh

He asked 6 Gamestops...4 of which are friends.

He asked 7 Gamestops...3 of which are friends.

Did he lose a friend here?

lol, "I don't think we can keep meeting like this, duder."

I like that at least of these people are being kinda exposed and shamed. I kinda wish that the norm would be that if you act shitty towards someone on the internet and are found wrong, you will be exposed as wrong as well as evidence of your shitty behaviour.

I've always just said eff-ayyy-queues

Savitar

People really flipped their shit and attacked some people huh. I wasn't even paying attention but yeah it's not right to attack reporters like that. I mean hell, being notified something isn't coming out on time is nice to know, no reason to attack someone.

This is literally the first time I've ever heard GameFAQs being pronounced like Game F-A-Qs.
Anyway, Jim thrives on this kind of stuff, and he knows it.
Why yes, my often-controversial current affairs commentary show does thrive on controversial current affairs.

I know this information.

I don't catalogue every episode in my head, so I don't know off hand, but the last two have just been blasting some amorphous unspecific bad actor -- Groups of fanboys/trolls. You chastised trolls on the internet and last video you yelled at people who were overzealous defenders of No Man's Sky.

I don't personally find these sorts of videos very compelling, because it's already well known that people on the internet are horrible. There's no face to it so it's unsatisfying. Fuck Konami, by comparison, is satisfying because I know who and what Konami is. There's something to direct my anger against and thus some kind of cathartic pay off. "People on the internet being awful" just feels empty as a topic.

My 2 cents

That's fair enough, but you asserted I've done "too many" of these episodes putting fanbases on blast. Of the 104 Jimquisitions I've done for YouTube, only two of them have done this - the last two, which I even admitted in this video was something I didn't like doing, but felt I had to.

I'm totally cool with you not appreciating the subject, but suggesting I've run out of ideas and have done too much on a topic due to a little 2:102 ratio is a bit unfair. Fact of the matter is, I have a huge list of episode topics to get through, but there are subjects I feel compelled to talk about even if they're going to be considered harping on or focusing too much on something.

Audioboxer

Why yes, my often-controversial current affairs commentary show does thrive on controversial current affairs.

I know this information.

That's fair enough, but you asserted I've done "too many" of these episodes putting fanbases on blast. Of the 104 Jimquisitions I've done for YouTube, only two of them have done this - the last two, which I even admitted in this video was something I didn't like doing, but felt I had to.

I'm totally cool with you not appreciating the subject, but suggesting I've run out of ideas and have done too much on a topic due to a little 2:102 ratio is a bit unfair. Fact of the matter is, I have a huge list of episode topics to get through, but there are subjects I feel compelled to talk about even if they're going to be considered harping on or focusing too much on something.

You could probably make a trio out of this outrage and craziness with this topic now Jim! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1267476 Lots of the usual outrage at other peoples outrage and others just losing their minds. Plus you know you could be good guy Jim and rail on Sony a bit for a shitty move :p

Unless of course you think it's a justified move by Sony and therefore COME AT ME JIM!
you're suppose to be our pro-consumer God

Diancecht

I didn't know about this. How fucking stupid you have to be to think that a news site would make up a delay announcement? I know there are some straight-up illiterate and stupid fanboys out there but wow.

Aselith

I did.
It's 185!

Read more about it on my website
I made this up for the clicks! Gimme them sweet, sweet clicks you dummies!
2015-10-21-1445455426-5159507-facebook_like_button_big.jpeg

Flipyap

I don't get what's so funny about the zombie unicorns. They're more interesting than the zombies Kojima's last Metal Gear already had in its poor excuse for a campaign (and less embarrassing than the Bikini Zombie Sniper Squad from that same game).

SomTervo

Our website broke the news that Pokémon GO was going to be released in Brazil later that same day.

It was positive news.

The amount of vitriol the internet threw at us over that was absurd.

Obviously no one came back to apologize once we were proven right.

Man.

In response to the question "what has happened to people?"

I'm guessing that a large majority of these people (not all!) are under the age of 11. That doesn't make it okay, but it does lend some perspective.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
In response to the question "what has happened to people?"

I'm guessing that a large majority of these people (not all!) are under the age of 11. That doesn't make it okay, but it does lend some perspective.
I doubt people that weren't born when this game was announced are the ones throwing fits.

Auctopus

Sorry to repeat what I said in the last Jimquisition thread but I'm honestly not a huge fan of these videos usually (enjoy Jimpressions more) but Christ, with this video and the NMS one before, Jim has been hitting the nail on the head.

The outrage from these fucking low-lifes who somehow feel victimised by video games sites and companies are so unbearable and it feels like more and more have crawled out of the woodwork in the last 4 months.

I doubt people that weren't born when this game was announced are the ones throwing fits.

Because? These people clearly haven't been waiting for the game for ten years. If they had, they probably wouldn't care so much about two freaking months.

I think a disappointing number of terrible trolls are quite old, but I also don't think even the GamerGate crowd is stupid enough to attack a reporter for announcing a delay that is likely to be true.

Top Bottom