• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orioto art thread - New VG wall every thursday!

I didn't do any mario art in a long time and that's a shame, so let's do that. I actually never really did a Mario World art that looks like the game so why not, now which part hmm.. That would be a certain area and something more peaceful taking place in it.

Or Galaxy ?? Hmm

Oooo, Galaxy! Gusty Garden, please!

Atilac

Hm i'll wait till i sell a little of this one already :p I'm not reaching the good crowd with the movie posters yet. But the next ones are Gollum's cave and the end fight of the first Ghostbusters

Could always show your wall off at the stranger things subreddit ;) I imagine there are some crazed fans who would throw money at you.

leng jai

I didn't do any mario art in a long time and that's a shame, so let's do that. I actually never really did a Mario World art that looks like the game so why not, now which part hmm.. That would be a certain area and something more peaceful taking place in it.

Or Galaxy ?? Hmm

Have you ever done any art for The Witcher?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
If you want to go for a change in pace from your landscape/iconic scene imagery, maybe draw a rendition of SMW's map? Place all of the worlds together or something to that effect. I'm reminded of this

Ye-Olde-Dinosaur-Land-T-Shirt-Super-Mario-Map.jpg

Or this, for SMRPG

Or my favorite, this

I don't know, I just love maps, lol. I think if you did your own creative take on Mario maps it would be wonderful, and a nice change of pace for you as an artist. That's just my opinion though

zeitgeist

These are all amazing.

Would you recommend metal prints for some of the darker ones like the Diddy Kong roller coaster or is the metal best for brighter ones like the Wind Waker sailing one?

Or is it good for both? I'm thinking I'd for sure go matte either way.

orioto

Good Art™
Oooo, Galaxy! Gusty Garden, please!

Why not!

Could always show your wall off at the stranger things subreddit ;) I imagine there are some crazed fans who would throw money at you.

I'm not sure but there may have been a post there already!

QUOTE=leng jai;214390272]Have you ever done any art for The Witcher?[/QUOTE]

Not yet no!

If you want to go for a change in pace from your landscape/iconic scene imagery, maybe draw a rendition of SMW's map? Place all of the worlds together or something to that effect. I'm reminded of this

Or this, for SMRPG

Or my favorite, this

I don't know, I just love maps, lol. I think if you did your own creative take on Mario maps it would be wonderful, and a nice change of pace for you as an artist. That's just my opinion though

I thought about doing the some map but it wouldn't be with that style i think.

These are all amazing.

Would you recommend metal prints for some of the darker ones like the Diddy Kong roller coaster or is the metal best for brighter ones like the Wind Waker sailing one?

Or is it good for both? I'm thinking I'd for sure go matte either way.

I think Metal works for everything, dark ones would bring more reflection with something shiny but matte should be fine.

Would you ever consider something from Drakengard 3? It has a lot of interesting set pieces.

I didn't know there was 3 drakangard!

Ozorov

I'm moving to a new place in November. Will order some from you then. I hope they're still in stock then :D. Is there some "IRL"-pic of the metal prints available? Wanna see the quality.

First thank you for your work, there are truely some lovely pieces. Hope you get the recognition now you deserve (read a post from you about it a lot of pages back).

I would like to get a print in a pretty big size 800mm x 600mm for my bedroom (the totoro one). Leaning to the art print version. But i'm not sure if its the appropriate version for this size regarding details etc.

Again thank you, you are great and make a lot of people happy with your work.

orioto

Good Art™
I'm moving to a new place in November. Will order some from you then. I hope they're still in stock then :D. Is there some "IRL"-pic of the metal prints available? Wanna see the quality.

I could find some review and a photo of the metal print, but it's rare actually i'm not sure why.. many people bought them already but no pics or at least good quality ones.

First thank you for your work, there are truely some lovely pieces. Hope you get the recognition now you deserve (read a post from you about it a lot of pages back).

I would like to get a print in a pretty big size 800mm x 600mm for my bedroom (the totoro one). Leaning to the art print version. But i'm not sure if its the appropriate version for this size regarding details etc.

Again thank you, you are great and make a lot of people happy with your work.

Thx :) Art print are pretty sharp, just less shiny than posters.

Hello, Orioto.

I really like your work. Have yet to buy anything but hope to soon, working on buying my own place soon. Have you ever done anything inspired by Yoshi's Story? Yes, specially Story (maybe Woolly World). If not, may I request that you consider it? Thanks.

orioto

Good Art™
Hello, Orioto.

I really like your work. Have yet to buy anything but hope to soon, working on buying my own place soon. Have you ever done anything inspired by Yoshi's Story? Yes, specially Story (maybe Woolly World). If not, may I request that you consider it? Thanks.

That's an idea yeah but i think Yoshi is already kinda niche for my posters, and this episode even more.

Thx for the reply, will look what fits best. Keep up the good work.

Was really looking forward to your TLOU piece and it did not disappoint.
Congrats.

Thx to!

Orioto, I think Kinda Funny might be using your art as their background in their new studio for their gaming podcast? Cant really tell for sure but if it is actually, that would be some pretty cool unintended promotion! Even if it isnt, the art style and coloring looks extremely similar IMO.

http://youtu.be/R1ArIlhQKy0

49 seconds in is when they start to appear.

Orioto, I think Kinda Funny might be using your art as their background in their new studio for their gaming podcast? Cant really tell for sure but if it is actually, that would be some pretty cool unintended promotion! Even if it isnt, the art style and coloring looks extremely similar IMO.

I'd say that's certainly Oriotos art. You can see the sonic and mario artwork in the store.

I don't have headphones to listen right now, but publicity without a link to the store is shady. I hope they asked permission!

orioto

Good Art™
I'd say that's certainly Oriotos art. You can see the sonic and mario artwork in the store.

I don't have headphones to listen right now, but publicity without a link to the store is shady. I hope they asked permission!

Yeah they asked and they should promote me when the shows will be on youtube, i hope they do it efficiently.

Why do they like Sony alot ? I don't really watch that :p
Yes, Colin and Greg, both of them run PS I Love You XOXO which is the Internet's biggest PS podcast. Used to be IGN PlayStation Editors before they spun off into Kinda Funny. A lot of people tune into Kinda Funny for PlayStation content. The other one, Tim, loves Nintendo. Tim also is a die hard Crash fan. With the Kinda Funny Games cast, he usually brings in topics for all platforms.

orioto

Good Art™
Yes, Colin and Greg, both of them run PS I Love You XOXO which is the Internet's biggest PS podcast. Used to be IGN PlayStation Editors before they spun off into Kinda Funny. A lot of people tune into Kinda Funny for PlayStation content. The other one, Tim, loves Nintendo. Tim also is a die hard Crash fan. With the Kinda Funny Games cast, he usually brings in topics for all platforms.

Nice, i'll see if they bring me some love.

Just popped in my YT, don't know if you saw yet orioto, but Kinda Funny gave you a nice spot in their first video in their new studio! Tim said some really nice things about you and the link to your facebook page in their description.

https://youtu.be/8mBR08NDLYs

Starts at about 2:03. I hope you got a boost in sales from this! :)

And lol @ Colin punching Sonic at 2:45.

orioto

Good Art™
Holy moly, I guess it was a photo finish when I snatched up one of the last FFTactics prints. They are all gone now.

Well.. You had 6 months :p

dam Ori, that Stranger Things piece is stunning. thats all

Thx! Actually it seems it'll be featured on CBS news in the next days!

Just popped in my YT, don't know if you saw yet orioto, but Kinda Funny gave you a nice spot in their first video in their new studio! Tim said some really nice things about you and the link to your facebook page in their description.

https://youtu.be/8mBR08NDLYs

Starts at about 2:03. I hope you got a boost in sales from this! :)

And lol @ Colin punching Sonic at 2:45.

Thx, i saw it yeah, Tim is nice :p The Facebook link didn't bring me crazy lot of people at all, but i'll see how to optimize that.

So guys it's a heat hell this week and it's damn hard to work indoor, and i want to take advantage of the sun a little. Also i have to do that Gollum art for a frencn expo (there will only be one print sold). So not sure i'll do the mario galaxy art this week. Not sure i'll use that compo neither cause i'm not feeling it.

Never checked this topic before, but this is amazing work. I'm on holiday at the moment but when I'm back I might look at ordering something as I'd like some videogame artwork.

Koren

Well, finally ordered my first metal print (more should follow).

Took me a lot of time to jump in, since I never know when I'll be home to receive it... Well, we'll see, and I don't want to pass on the re-run of Wind Waker, whose numbers are going down quickly (seems like a success to me, even if the Facebook votes weren't great?)

orioto

Good Art™
Never checked this topic before, but this is amazing work. I'm on holiday at the moment but when I'm back I might look at ordering something as I'd like some videogame artwork.

Thx :)

Well, finally ordered my first metal print (more should follow).

Took me a lot of time to jump in, since I never know when I'll be home to receive it... Well, we'll see, and I don't want to pass on the re-run of Wind Waker, whose numbers are going down quickly (seems like a success to me, even if the Facebook votes weren't great?)

It's clearly super popular yeah, the rerun will be quickly sold out

orioto

Good Art™
So this week actually, change of plan. i'l be releasing my Street Fighter cover art i did for a french book! So Mario Galaxy next week. That let me times to work on my Gollum and ghostbusters posters.

Also watch CBS this morning, next Thursday, September the first, you should see my Stranger Things art and a credit in it!

Shit already a new page ?

Last 9 weeks!

CpG9pYeWgAA2iPP.jpg:large
CodtdBdXgAAvwN9.jpg:large
CnfsXJjXEAAi46K.jpg:large

Cm7vC4iXEAAlHM0.jpg:large
tumblr_o9pnosOuaM1qdq8qno2_1280.jpg
tumblr_o9i8xoFFOR1qdq8qno1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o91m1tonwA1qdq8qno2_1280.jpg
tumblr_obtgw041gT1qdq8qno2_1280.jpg
tumblr_oc6p0rb1VO1qdq8qno1_540.jpg

You know where to find all that! Wallpapers and posters! There is also a zip with my 42 ones from 2015, HERE!

Cess007

Super late to this thread, but the Majora's Mask phone wallpaper in the OP, it's fantastic! I've been looking for a new wallpaper to use :)

Alastor3

So this week actually, change of plan. i'l be releasing my Street Fighter cover art i did for a french book! So Mario Galaxy next week. That let me times to work on my Gollum and ghostbusters posters.

Also watch CBS this morning, next Thursday, September the first, you should see my Stranger Things art and a credit in it!

Shit already a new page ?

I just got my Baten Kaitos canvas a week ago but I must wait for my landlord to fix it on my wall, CAN'T WAIT!! I still havent open the package yet.

orioto

Good Art™
So, that's what cbs news did with my stranger things art

CrRbhc_WcAIvRD4.jpg:large

those motherfuckers, and notice the credit.. how can you be so unprofessional and respectful of people's work..

mrklaw

MrArseFace
They asked for my authorization to use it then they put it in the background with filter, wrong colors and textures on it

Hey, you get your name in front of a ton of people - hopefully you'll get a lot of new visitors and some will buy some stuff from you. Think positive!

Love the TLoUnart, and the Totoro one. Tempted to get a print of that but trying to figure out the right matte colour - I think black maybe suits the dusk setting?

orioto

Good Art™
I feel for you =( At least searching on google for that credit does lead to sites by you.

Hey, you get your name in front of a ton of people - hopefully you'll get a lot of new visitors and some will buy some stuff from you. Think positive!

Love the TLoUnart, and the Totoro one. Tempted to get a print of that but trying to figure out the right matte colour - I think black maybe suits the dusk setting?

I know you're trying to see it in a positive way guys but no there is no reason for an artist to accept that, and no, nobody will look for me cause they showed something atrocious that doesn't represent what i do. Actually it aired this morning for 3,5 millions people and i got 0 followers out of it.

For the question you're talking about the frame ?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I know you're trying to see it in a positive way guys but no there is no reason for an artist to accept that, and no, nobody will look for me cause they showed something atrocious that doesn't represent what i do. Actually it aired this morning for 3,5 millions people and i got 0 followers out of it.

For the question you're talking about the frame ?

Nah the matte border between the picture and frame. Default is black frame and off-White matte but I don't know if I like it - black matte with natural or white frame seems nice.

orioto

Good Art™
Nah the matte border between the picture and frame. Default is black frame and off-White matte but I don't know if I like it - black matte with natural or white frame seems nice.

I wouldn' really know hmm.. You can see a demo on the sire right ?

orioto

Good Art™

definitely white! white all the way :p

It comes down to personal preference, but a black frame with white passepartout is classier and more flexible with respect to the surrounding furniture in my opinion. I've got three of orioto's works as art prints with white passepartout and black frame on my walls and they look amazing. Such a large black passepartout like in your example feels a bit oppressive to me.

This exactly :)

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah.

Default option
EDV9K6V.jpg

Or black matte
vobHRgU.jpg

It comes down to personal preference, but a black frame with white passepartout is classier and more flexible with respect to the surrounding furniture in my opinion. I've got three of orioto's works as art prints with white passepartout and black frame on my walls and they look amazing. Such a large black passepartout like in your example feels a bit oppressive to me.

Top Bottom