• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden NFL '17 |OT| It's Madden Season

Radio guy was still a good decision for EA, they just fucked it up horribly. The lines they had him recording were so damn unrealistic for a radio announcer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3BzTx05aHo

Holy shit though watching this MAdden 08 gameplay vid is giving me horribly memories for how bad that game was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzIbPYpOsLg

I think you should go to Xbox support. Their online chat support is pretty good. I had issues for about 24-36 hours, as a pre-order who also had EA Access. I'm in the X1 beta program but don't think I have the latest beta of the OS.

I'd contact MS Support and see what they say. THey did a lot to try to help me on Thursday last week, and although it didn't work till EA Fixed most of the pre-order bugs by Friday morning, support was still helpful.

Intiially MS recommended to me to log out of Xbox Live, then turn off the Xbox and unplug the power supply from the wall... Leave it unplugged for 3 minutes, boot back up, launch the store, and try to launch the game again. It didn't work for me on Thursday, but then my trial started working again by Friday, so maybe this will work for you. My error was different "You're trying to launch the game early..." or so, so maybe Xbox support will no more about this problem you're having.

Thanks that's what I'll do in a bit.I did contact them to cancel my pre order to see if that worked but no dice.

I needed my Madden fix so I caved and made another live account then bought a month of EA access. Hopefully I'll be able to get them to give me an extra month on my real account or something for the inconvenience.

Idk if it's supposed to work this way but after I bought a month on new account I was able to launch and play the intro on my real account even though it said it was using the time from the new one I made. Didn't have to switch profiles just played right from main one but when I signed new one out it went right back to giving me same error.

Impression so far is good. It surely feels different and things seem to happen much quicker. Saw someone say they forced a bunch of fumbles and didn't recover one. I see what they're saying 100%. I forced 3 in 1st game and offense jumps on em so fast even to the point they turned 2 that were way in backfield into positive yards. Liking the way defenders play zone coverages. The run game feels good so far following blocks and using the speed,power moves. They feel good with how fast and smooth the animations are. I'm definitely liking the kicking game better as well.

Other than the bugs and the tells giving away pass run plays this year seems pretty promising. Looking forward to see what's up with Madden and the tournament stuff Microsoft is supposed to be adding later in the year.

mike6467

I hate to break it to you, but Madden has been rotten with ads for quite a while. They even added a whole new attribute to player ratings that was just an advertisement, the Old Spice "Swagger" rating.

Wait, really? Ugh. I mean....really? There's seriously a swagger rating? That can't be real....
God damnit EA

JBuccCP

Feeling pretty good overall about this game. WR/DB interactions look good, I'm bad at the running game but it feels better. Getting some scrubs they can lock in the commentary booth was a good idea, best commentary Madden's had since Madden himself was in the booth with Al. DL play still sucks, that is probably what they'll focus on next year. Slowly, oh so slowly, Madden is getting there.

Dominator

I'm somehow 5-1 online right now... I always have a losing record in Madden as I'm not very good. I still think I'm bad but I'm playing pretty nice this year. And I'm using the Rams lol

If anyone wants to ever play a game (and you'll probably destroy me), My gamertag is LiquidDom75.

WadeitOut

Feeling pretty good overall about this game. WR/DB interactions look good, I'm bad at the running game but it feels better. Getting some scrubs they can lock in the commentary booth was a good idea, best commentary Madden's had since Madden himself was in the booth with Al. DL play still sucks, that is probably what they'll focus on next year. Slowly, oh so slowly, Madden is getting there.

My favorite thing so far is also the WR/DB Interaction. It feels very good playing DB now after they made the WR changes a couple of games ago.

Bsigg12

I have to say, the presentation is great this year. The transition to these new commentators has gone a long way in making it feel better.

I'm somehow 5-1 online right now... I always have a losing record in Madden as I'm not very good. I still think I'm bad but I'm playing pretty nice this year. And I'm using the Rams lol

If anyone wants to ever play a game (and you'll probably destroy me), My gamertag is LiquidDom75.

I've been playing the Rams too. Gurley and the defense are beasts. But Goff and the WRs...not so much.

Kicking is a good deal harder this year when you have a shitty kicker. Playing Draft Champions, I missed an extra point and a 45 yard would be game winning FG. Had some shitty ~70 ovr kicker and man it was hard to time the return button press... so I really botched both bad. Ended up losing 21 - 20.

Will make a difference in franchise mode for sure, where for years you could just dump your experienced kicker and then pick up a rookie in the last round who had high power.

Kicking is a good deal harder this year when you have a shitty kicker. Playing Draft Champions, I missed an extra point and a 45 yard would be game winning FG. Had some shitty ~70 ovr kicker and man it was hard to time the return button press... so I really botched both bad. Ended up losing 21 - 20.

Will make a difference in franchise mode for sure, where for years you could just dump your experienced kicker and then pick up a rookie in the last round who had high power.

i didn't go through the kick tutorial so maybe you (or someone else) knows. most of the time i have no issue with kicking. but for some reason, some of the time i'll do the kick and when it comes back to the accuracy portion i hit pretty close to the middle, but then it goes back up and it's horribly inaccurate. wtf?

i didn't go through the kick tutorial so maybe you (or someone else) knows. most of the time i have no issue with kicking. but for some reason, some of the time i'll do the kick and when it comes back to the accuracy portion i hit pretty close to the middle, but then it goes back up and it's horribly inaccurate. wtf?
Its some hidden lag or some shit

Does anyone have a PS4 pre-order code that they would be willing to swap for an Xbox One code? I pre-ordered Xbox One by mistake and exchanged it at Best Buy; I have the code on the receipt.

Send me a PM.

JBuccCP

I'm having the same issue, I wasn't having this problem at first and it feels like a bug or some lag. What's doubly weird is that being off on the accuracy meter makes the kicks extremely weak as well.

jmizzal

Wow Aaron Rodgers fumbles way too much in this game. He takes anything more than a grazing hit and the ball pops loose.

Everybody fumbles a lot more, I learned that during EA access period

Also is there a day 1 patch?

Are they really releasing the game with the audible glitch lmao EA

If anyone knows, or can do a favour for me and check, I was super disappointed with '16 because they removed one of my favourite ways to play and I want to know if it's back in, if it is I'll buy instantly.

If you play an offline Franchise as owner, do you have to set your controller to your team? My family has always been really big on choosing neutral and just letting the game play out while watching (while doing something else at the same time of course, usually office work or house work). Then making the Owner/GM style decisions in the background between weeks. In '16 you couldn't do it, you had to have your controller set to the team you owned. and you had to call the plays.

I'd be grateful if anyone could check if that's been reverted. I'll never understand why they took it away in '16 - seems like backwards design.

LifEndz

Picking up my copy on my lunch break. Haven't played Madden in years, but the improvements to Franchise (the only mode I play) and the improved visuals have me really excited. I might even get crazy and venture into Madden Ultimate and see what all the fuss is about.

jmizzal

Whats the audible glitch

On defense right after you pick a play, and you view the formation if you see the WRs and RBs names, it means they called a passing play, if you dont it means its a running play. Even if they call an audible you can see if they changed to a run or pass with the names.

Its really a formation glitch, and its a game breaking glitch if a person knows about it and the other person doesnt.

I have played people online, and you can tell the people who knows about it and who does not

BigAT

Hopefully in the future they will create 32 covers and make them available for pre-order or regionalise the cover.

There's plenty of resources available to print out custom covers and you can just slip it in the sleeve. I've done it a lot in the past, especially for NCAA.

How is the UI? I skipped last year and one of the reasons was that the UI the year before was so sluggish and downright crawled at times.

schaft0620

There's plenty of resources available to print out custom covers and you can just slip it in the sleeve. I've done it a lot in the past, especially for NCAA.

I think it would be cool though if you could per-order 32 different covers.

WadeitOut

How is the UI? I skipped last year and one of the reasons was that the UI the year before was so sluggish and downright crawled at times.

You still have that. It's similar to issues the XB1 can have where so many things in the UI require using an internet connection.

Also slightly off topic but I got my Jaguars Surface Pro type cover from the :Microsoft store and it looks even better in person than I was expecting (No pictures yet sorry)

https://www.microsoftstore.com/stor...0?icid=en_US_homepage_whatsnew_3_NFLtc_160822

IronLich

>boots up the game (PS4)
>Oh, you already have an EA account linked to your PSN
>under an old, expired e-mail
>so you can't reset the password
>No online for you!

And that was most of my Night 1 aside from fighting lag in King of Fighters XIV.

IvanJ

Banned
Sports games (Madden and FIFA) are really strange in the manner that I really enjoy playing online against other people, even though I am not very good and lose about 90% of the matches. But I still have fun and I'll keep padfing other people's ratings.

I am not outright terrible in Madden, but I am always just a hair worse than the opponent.

Love Draft Champions, drafted a decent team, went down 6-20 at the end of 3rd. Scored, recovered the onside kick, scored again, only to lose after three passes in OT.
Decided to stave off elimination for another day by not playing the second game.
Went into H2H, started the game only for it to glitch out and not let me accept ylthe kickoff. Call it a loss of game and a drop of almost 200 points.
Then played a game, a back and forth affair that I lost 33-30.

It's always that one play I wish I could have back.

But I am having a lot of fun, who cares if 97% of players are ranked above me :)

Between MUT, Draft Champions and H2H, an awesome game for me.

Man just going through scouting, I'm apparently doing a crappy job of finding decent players.

It seems I'm scouting 2nd/3rd rounders and at the end of the day they are coming back with an undrafted rating.

I have yet to find anyone who really exceeds the expectations so far.

Man just going through scouting, I'm apparently doing a crappy job of finding decent players.

It seems I'm scouting 2nd/3rd rounders and at the end of the day they are coming back with an undrafted rating.

I have yet to find anyone who really exceeds the expectations so far.
If their first stat is a C+ just skip them altogether.

21XX

Banned
So, I haven't played Madden in years and years but I think my two brothers and I are going to do a little league this year. Play a game once a week throughout the season (two of us live in the same city, the third in a different state) and I'm pretty excited. Hopefully we stick with it.

theWB27

The running game is so good this year. They finally solved being able to make moves while keeping momentum.

Rebuilding the Browns one draft at a time. Year three and I have my franchise qb, rb(my created player), safeties and center.

Actually getting better through the draft and free agency is hard and I like it.

I don't think I've seen a FA above 85. Only anomaly was the Raiders letting carr go for nothing.

mackaveli

Anyone preorder from Amazon Canada and got a code for MUT? i didn't get one and I'm talking to online chat and it looks like there is no code for preordering this year?

Sure this still works for Madden '17? One review (I think the Sporting News / PastaPadre review) said that this method won't work anymore.
While I don't know if it is the best way of going about it, it does state that the three ratings you can unlock are their best three ratings, so if their best rating is only a c+ they probably aren't going to be great.

I just had my first draft there was a second round running back I took in the first round. When I scouted him it said he was early 1st round talent. When I drafted him it said he was the 4th overall best player in the draft so feel good taking him at 12. He has superstar development rating too which was great.

FDC1

EU PS4 version here, I downloaded the trial version last night (almost 30GB). I start it for the first time this morning, it tells me trial has expired. Wtf? Thanks EA.

Top Bottom