• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT| The Trials of Osiris

Trup1aya

Does anyone expect anything different? "Free" always comes with a price.

That price is the Req system...

If there intent was simply to supply us with just Forge maps, there'd be no need for the Req system: Forge maps have always been free.

Wvrs

Well, I'm still very mediocre at this game yet somehow have been placed in high rankings, which I imagine is leading to me being matched with high-skill people? Back when I was 13 I was pretty decent at Halo 3, but my glory days of gaming are long behind me. I'm more liable to shoot myself with a magnum than the enemy.

Yearning for some more casual Halo, this pro-environment is just stressing me out. The gameplay is top calibre for sure, but every match feels MLG and it's burning me out.

I'd really like to see a team objective playlist somewhere down the line (social?)

CTF 2 flag (flag NOT required to be at home to score, save that for HCS and "pro" Halo)
Strongholds
King Of The Hill
Assault (neutral bomb or maybe single bomb)
VIP (to scratch the Team Slayer itch, while still having an objective to focus on)

I don't mind Breakout and SWAT but I don't think they should be in an objective list. They have their own dedicated lists but could actually work best as a "Hyper Lethal?"
There's only one other Spartan with that rating
playlist. Team Slayer can remain its own thing because it normally always gets the bulk of players anyway.

EDIT: this could leave us with

Team Arena (for HCS / competitive play)
Warzone (for REQs)
Warzone Firefight (for co-op)
Objective (social, includes BTB rotations)
Team Slayer (includes BTB rotations)
Breakout
SWAT
Weekend Specials (Oddball, Infection, Doubles, etc)
Customs

Thoughts?

lmfao yup, not until we get two Halo FPS's like CoD did with Infinity Ward/Treyarch: One to continue with Warzone and Firefight, while the other serves as a platform to continually update competitive Halo.

Halo Guardians 2 and
Combat Evolved 2.

H5's gameplay is closer to what I've had envisioned for years, and look at how well it's being received. Just saying, there are a few of us who know what Halo players want, and 343 has done a great job with the pro team, but now it's time they form the secret team for
Combat Evolved 2.

PM box is waiting, Stinkles.

H5G is CE2 though

JackHerer

21 maps at launch, 20 maps as of today.

That post launch sustainment plan.

More like 11 since Forge maps should never count. I'm kind of surprised that there hasn't really been much backlash about that. They purposely exaggerated the amount of content their game has.

At the very least it's misleading. Also I totally forgot about seeing the city Warzone map in pre-release stuff. That map looked pretty damn ready to me. It's probably the best looking Warzone map from what I've seen. Guessing they just decided to hold it back which is kind of baffling.

343 put their eggs in too many baskets during development causing players who only enjoy one specific basket Halo 5 offers to have less content for that basket than any previous Halo. Fortunately if 343 stays true to their word, they can make up for this with post launch content additions - new maps and modes are all the game needs to be incredible. Infection, Grifball, Oddball, King of the Hill, and all of the other staples... We need them back.

What's you GT, we could play some MM and see if playing with a team changes your opinion of the game.

Yeah that seems like a stage design oversight, other maps in assault will barrier off the base until you capture the first one.

It is a known bug that is exploitable on every Warzone Assault map that forces the defending team spawn back to base making it easier (and nearly instantaneous) to take the first two bases.

E92 M3

Well, I'm still very mediocre at this game yet somehow have been placed in high rankings, which I imagine is leading to me being matched with high-skill people? Back when I was 13 I was pretty decent at Halo 3, but my glory days of gaming are long behind me. I'm more liable to shoot myself with a magnum than the enemy.

Yearning for some more casual Halo, this pro-environment is just stressing me out. The gameplay is top calibre for sure, but every match feels MLG and it's burning me out.

Have you tried Warzone?

Tawpgun

RE maps they need to scale them up.

Kinda funny because in Halo 4 I thought the maps were too big but Halo 4 size maps would be perfect with Halo 5's added speed.

Right now a lot of the maps feel way too small for how fast spartans move. Some frenetic, small maps (like Truth) are fine. But almost ALL of the Arena maps feel claustrophobic. It's why the spawn system feels so messed up.

Pegasus and maybe Eden feel like the biggest arena maps.

Kssio_Aug

Doesnt even work for brazilians going from waypoint forums.
Yeah it doesnt. I'm brazilian, and the friends I was talking about are all brazilians aswell.

It's as Halo 5 is "not a game for us". They exclude our market today, and we will exclude their product tomorrow.

Trup1aya

Warzone Firefight: 12 player squad defends center base (fortress, spire, garage) from an ever increasing onslaught of AI enemies. Wave based, REQ increases with wave. Players lose once they are eliminated.

Warzone firefight needs to be a thing... I don't know if it should work like this... But with the Req system, it could be a thing of beauty (and an incredible source of revenue)

I hate the way the in-game reqs work. If you get behind in a match or get put in one midway through, it's hard to fight all the gimmicks like tanks and snipers without any good reqs of your own.

It's not fun being killed over and over by a tank with no way to fight it.

Warzone Firefight: 12 player squad defends center base (fortress, spire, garage) from an ever increasing onslaught of AI enemies. Wave based, REQ increases with wave. Players lose once they are eliminated.

Warzone Firefight Versus: Two teams spawn at their respective bases and defend the core against 10 waves of enemies, first to clear all waves wins. AI can destroy power core, instantly losing the match for the team who let's that happen

That sounds like fun :p

I like how I join in progress in BTB, my team is down by 20 kills, I ended up having a 2.0 K/D and we lose. I then go down in rank, which seems silly I should be punished for joining a game that's already a losing battle, becuase someone else quit out. Join in progress is garbage, but they really shouldn't have ranks in BTB anyway, you can play well and still have little influence on the outcome.

Ganhyun

How do I avoid people on the XBone? I keep getting matched against a team of diamonds in swat who are carrying a platinum. All my teammates are terrible most of the time and it doesn't matter that I waited 3 minutes to go back in, it keeps matching me against them.

Where should I begin if I know absolutely nothing about Halo?

I recently bought an xbox one and it came bundled with the Halo Masterchief Collection. They also had for sale Halo V, so I took it as well as a "why not?". The thing is...WTF is the story about? I don't know where to begin, if I should play the games sequentially or whatever, what game should I begin to play to folow the chronology...

...is it too late to get into the Halo saga?

Again, I even owned a 360 and even then I've never in my entire life have picked up a Halo game, so I'm an absolute noob here.

fernoca

I recently bought an xbox one and it came bundled with the Halo Masterchief Collection. They also had for sale Halo V, so I took it as well as a "why not?". The thing is...WTF is the story about? I don't know where to begin, if I should play the games sequentially or whatever, what game should I begin to play to folow the chronology...

Again, I even owned a 360 and even then I've never in my entire life have picked up a Halo game, so I'm an absolute noob here.
Well, you got the MCC which has Halo 1, 2, 3 and 4 so go in that order if you really want to get to know the story.

Also, the more recent OT is this way. :p

You should begin by posting in the current Halo OT over in the Gaming Community section instead of in this old thread from last year. The people there will be happy to help you get into the series.

Just play them in order but also play halo reach(which is BC) and ODST (5$ DLC for the MCC) and if you really get into the lore then feel free to pick up some of the early halo novels

Top Bottom