• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where is a good comprehensive Gaming Calendar?

Stike

Update: Looks like such a thing does not really exist, so I intend making it myself.

-- Original Post: --

I am so in need for a proper calendar that I can just subscribe to in my calendar apps!

I did some search online and I found this one so far: http://chrisgregori.co.uk/playdate/ ...but it doesn't seem really up to date, many things seem missing.

Is there anything else you people would recommend? Do you all enter manually your dates and events for the stuff you care about? Discuss ^^

FluxWaveZ

A site keeping track of all video game software and hardware releases in all territories, along with events, would be pretty interesting, with good filtering options to see only what you want to.

I've been looking for something like this that also includes all relevant gaming/electronics conventions and their locations. maybe even some e-sports events as well.

salromano

A site keeping track of all video game software and hardware releases in all territories, along with events, would be pretty interesting, with good filtering options to see only what you want to.

GameFAQs is pretty good at that. You can only filter by region though.

Comprehensive, yes, but there is no subscription option for calendar apps, as far as I can see, and the release dates are North America only :-/
and the editors of this wiki are a bunch of idiots. they only add a game to this page if it has been sourced from a white listed website. so if a developer is just like "yo my game comes out october 14th" that's not valid unless Polygon etc writes an article citing the tweet/website/press release.

Troublesome for smaller games.

Stike

Not sure if this is as comprehensive as you want, but Open Critic has a decent one that I use.

http://opencritic.com/calendar

Again, no subscription option. Those sites likely want you to visit the site in order to generate traffic and ad views. If they would offer a subscription in ical format, there would be no page visits...

Stike

Guys, I am planning that calendar.

Trying not to drown in data, I will slowly add more systems. I will add in the following order: PS4, PC, XB1, WiiU, and others are up for debate.

Which regions are most interesting? NA, EU... what else?

I am structuring the calendar in a way that will produce one calendar per Region and System. So, if you are adding the PS4 calendar, you won't have two dates for one game because of multiple regions in one calendar.

The calendars will go like:
- PS4 EU
- PS4 NA
- PC NA
- PC EU
etc.

...and then you can subscribe to whatever you want. Any other suggestions? I am also thinking about calendars for events like E3, press conferences and eSports events.

Any other ideas and suggestions? :D

Comprehensive, yes, but there is no subscription option for calendar apps, as far as I can see, and the release dates are North America only :-/

Maybe you should make one...

Trying not to drown in data, I will slowly add more systems. I will add in the following order: PS4, PC, XB1, WiiU, and others are up for debate.

I am structuring the calendar in a way that will produce one calendar per Region and System. So, if you are adding the PS4 calendar, you won't have two dates for one game because of multiple regions in one calendar.

- PS4 EU
- PS4 NA
- PC NA
- PC EU
etc.

...and then you can subscribe to whatever you want. Any other suggestions? I am also thinking about calendars for events like E3, press conferences and eSports events.

Readers are leaders now I feel like a jerk.Good on you, this is amazing.

EoinOL

You might want to bear in mind that "EU" release dates are often several days apart. Sometimes a game will release on a Wednesday in continental Europe and then two days later in the UK and Ireland. That could complicate the "EU" section of any release calendar.

Stike

You might want to bear in mind that "EU" release dates are often several days apart. Sometimes a game will release on a Wednesday in continental Europe and then two days later in the UK and Ireland. That could complicate the "EU" section of any release calendar.
Ugh, I might have to put a comment on the entry if the date differs from mainland EU, it seems - which would make the calendar kinda useless for UK players -.- ... okay, I think about adding a "UK" region for that...

Maybe you should make one...

Readers are leaders bow i ceel like a jerk.Good on you, this is amazing.
Well, thanks! But let's wait with the praise until this whole thing is up and running ;)

eso76

I think there was one like videogamereleases or gamereleases or gamesreleasedates but can't find it atm. Not sure how comprehensive it was anyway

Stike

Guys, I am working on the calendar as promised.

But as you can clearly see...

1472152349-image.png

... I think I need to cut back on the regions. One big multiplatform title requires up to NINE entries over different calendars, often still on the same day, stuffing the calendar pretty well.

What to do? Cutting back on systems, or cutting back on regions?

I would like to remove the UK region calendars first, and then see where it is going...

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

- PS4 EU
- PS4 NA
- PC NA
- PC EU
etc.

Make it accessible so that it's a public Google Calendar url. Then we can all access it from our apps. That would be awesome!

I agree with removing UK.

Stike

Make it accessible so that it's a public Google Calendar url. Then we can all access it from our apps. That would be awesome!

I agree with removing UK.

It is hosted on Apple iCloud, but the webcal/ical format should be accessible to almost any calendar application. The links are above, please check it out. I entered quite a bunch of dates for September and some beyond.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
It is hosted on Apple iCloud, but the webcal/ical format should be accessible to almost any calendar application. The links are above, please check it out. I entered quite a bunch of dates for September and some beyond.
It worked. Pretty awesome.

It's only tangentially related but the XB1 has a "Community Calendar" app that lists releases, gaming events, gaming related social events and what have you.

Don't know if it's linkable in anyway but if you have an XB1 and haven't downloaded it already I find I pop it open whenever I turn on my system.

Stike

That's pretty awesome OP, thanks.

A Vita version would be much appreciated if it's possible.

Check the link, there is a PSVITA calendar in the global calendars section.

It's only tangentially related but the XB1 has a "Community Calendar" app that lists releases, gaming events, gaming related social events and what have you.

Don't know if it's linkable in anyway but if you have an XB1 and haven't downloaded it already I find I pop it open whenever I turn on my system.

Sounds really good! Still, it seems to be a separate app that does not tie into your regular calendar?

Top Bottom