• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

was there any reason to use the Almighty spells?

You can't session with any of them right?

I can only think of two major ones, but they both have some sort of secondary bonus. The almighty attack that hits everyone won't ever be reflected, so you don't need to worry about reflections or repels, or even resistance. There is also the one that other people besides kiria can learn, and that delays the enemy's attack. That can be useful just to stop people from getting an attack in if you can kill them with someone before then.

zroid

Banned
BTW is any of the DLC worth it? I just took a quick peek in the eShop and none of it sounds particularly compelling

inflated Canadian pricing doesn't help either. I think the stuff I'm seeing as $3 is probably $2 US

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
BTW is any of the DLC worth it? I just took a quick peek in the eShop and none of it sounds particularly compelling

inflated Canadian pricing doesn't help either. I think the stuff I'm seeing as $3 is probably $2 US
Not really, only use is the training stuff if you want to 100% the game.

random25

So I realized I finished the game and everyone still has their last session skill slot blank. I'm supposed to learn one more new thing, I guess? All the weapons in my carnage list have been completed so I'm pretty sure it will come from some hidden weapons.

Riposte

This is a pretty cool SMT game.

I think I prefer the session (and session skills) mechanic over the usual smirk stuff. It's also cool how they essentially doubled the elements using the FE theme. All things considered, I'm really bothered that I'm forced to the use the MC and can't switch him out even in non-story battles.

So I realized I finished the game and everyone still has their last session skill slot blank. I'm supposed to learn one more new thing, I guess? All the weapons in my carnage list have been completed so I'm pretty sure it will come from some hidden weapons.

There's only six EX/2nd level session skills per character. Each character has an extra session skill that doesn't have an EX or El version

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
This is a pretty cool SMT game.

I think I prefer the session (and session skills) mechanic over the usual smirk stuff. It's also cool how they essentially doubled the elements using the FE theme.

Though if you think about it, it's pretty much like Persona 3 in that sense, though that only had 3 physical types (slice/strike/pierce) compared to #FE's 4 types.

zroid

Banned
b4db31b4917a400f97fdc3e9ed47aac1.png

whoever localized these topic conversations deserves a raise

Riposte

Though if you think about it, it's pretty much like Persona 3 in that sense, though that only had 3 physical types (slice/strike/pierce) compared to #FE's 4 types.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot Persona 3 did that. I actually played it too, but it was so long ago and I didn't stick with it. I'm more used to there just being two physical damage types at most.

random25

There's only six EX/2nd level session skills per character. Each character has an extra session skill that doesn't have an EX or El version

So I probably haven't gotten that 7th session skill from something. Guess I'll stop with my early lunatic run for completion's sake lol.

Jeffrey

the Line style stickers are great too.

I love how much effort they put into this vs the half assed messenging system in Digimon Cyber Sleuth.

Gvitor

How do I use dual-characters skills/sessions? I've unlocked a bunch by talking to Maiko and doing side-quests, but I can't seem to be able to use them. The game doesn't prompt me the L and R button presses like the tutorial said, and just pressing them whenever doesn't work either.

EDIT: Nvm, it just appeared. Apparently it's random like the ad-lib performances.

zroid

Banned
So I stumbled across a Sixth Element in my first Daily Battle a couple days ago and got a Macca Converter. How the hell do I find more of those? That performa's needed for soooo many things. :

edit: never mind I found out. it's those golden mirages. I hadn't managed to catch one before. :mad:

on a related note, I desperately need to farm 3 star prestige

explodet

I need that!!
Still working on it, still trying to figure out where that one music cue occurs.

Plus there aren't any track names for a lot of the music so I'm just making up names for them. For example, there are two tracks that play in various areas in Tokyo, so I'm just naming them "Uptown" and "Downtown".

If this collection gets around I'll have to live with all those shitty names.

XiaNaphryz

So I stumbled across a Sixth Element in my first Daily Battle a couple days ago and got a Macca Converter. How the hell do I find more of those? That performa's needed for soooo many things. :

edit: never mind I found out. it's those golden mirages. I hadn't managed to catch one before. :mad:

on a related note, I desperately need to farm 3 star prestige

There are skills and items that can increase the frequency of rare enemies appearing. If you find a spot in a dungeon that they appear in, using said skill/item will almost always get it to spawn in that location. You can farm them pretty quickly.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Is there a way to check what skills your other characters have when choosing which skill to replace at level up?

This seems to always be a problem in these games...

XiaNaphryz

Is there a way to check what skills your other characters have when choosing which skill to replace at level up?

This seems to always be a problem in these games...

You should be able to scroll through them on the Gamepad.

Gvitor

(ch 5 spoilers)

Man, fuck
Dark Yashiro

Just a shit fight overall. It ain't really challenging or difficult (aside from a few lucky sessions he got), it's just a pain in the ass, because you have 2 slots occupied by Itsuki and Yashiro and both are absolutely shite against him. So I'm left with one slot to juggle (mainly used by Tsubasa, since she can heal AND attack his weak points with both physical and magic).

Framerate dropped like hell when he multiplied by 4.

Took me 29 rounds, and I never had even get close to half of it. Maybe a third, even.

zroid

Banned
There are skills and items that can increase the frequency of rare enemies appearing. If you find a spot in a dungeon that they appear in, using said skill/item will almost always get it to spawn in that location. You can farm them pretty quickly.

Yeah there's a couple places I have consistently seen them
Illusory 106 6F
but I don't think I have one of those items/skills yet. Hopefully soon!

Oh there's something else I was wondering, I think I'm missing a performa for one of Tsubasa's radiant skills that's really close to the top of the list even though I've mastered many others below it. Is that normal or did I somehow miss something important?

zroid

Banned
It's great that Nintendo went the extra mile and localized the songs as actual songs rather than simply translating them. They obviously didn't have to.

Oh there's something else I was wondering, I think I'm missing a performa for one of Tsubasa's radiant skills that's really close to the top of the list even though I've mastered many others below it. Is that normal or did I somehow miss something important?

Either you missed a treasure chest, or it's another story Performa.

HawthorneKitty

(ch 5 spoilers)

Man, fuck
Dark Yashiro

Just a shit fight overall. It ain't really challenging or difficult (aside from a few lucky sessions he got), it's just a pain in the ass, because you have 2 slots occupied by Itsuki and Yashiro and both are absolutely shite against him. So I'm left with one slot to juggle (mainly used by Tsubasa, since she can heal AND attack his weak points with both physical and magic).

Framerate dropped like hell when he multiplied by 4.

Took me 29 rounds, and I never had even get close to half of it. Maybe a third, even.
Counter tho...

Gvitor

Counter tho...

I did that, since it was the only effective move he ha against him until
he splits into 4
. But it barely did any damage. I realized later that I didn't have the radiant unity that makes it more effective, but even so, I don't think it would've made much of a difference.

Gvitor

Counter's usefulness for that fight is the damage that isn't being done by that attack instead

I get that, but it really sucks to have Yashiro's slot locked because of this. I feel like it would be much better designed if
it only had 3 attacks per turn/multiplied by 2, then 3, and Yashiro's slot was free. That way you could use the counter if you find yourself in a tough situation, but you could switch to someone that can actually make a difference in the fight, while keeping it challenging by being able to take 3 attacks on a row/sessions without a counter to hold you through it. A 4-attack session is just too much sometimes, specially when one of the Yashiros could use heatwave to finish one character off, but a 3 is manageable, and it'd make the fight better instead of just keep on countering and attacking with the 3rd character, since Itsuki is also useless in this fight.

Whizkid7

I get that, but it really sucks to have Yashiro's slot locked because of this. I feel like it would be much better designed if
it only had 3 attacks per turn/multiplied by 2, then 3, and Yashiro's slot was free. That way you could use the counter if you find yourself in a tough situation, but you could switch to someone that can actually make a difference in the fight, while keeping it challenging by being able to take 3 attacks on a row/sessions without a counter to hold you through it. A 4-attack session is just too much sometimes, specially when one of the Yashiros could use heatwave to finish one character off, but a 3 is manageable, and it'd make the fight better instead of just keep on countering and attacking with the 3rd character, since Itsuki is also useless in this fight.

You could always have Itsuki use items to start session chains. That's what I did. Also, Touma + Javelin Rain = win.

I just checked again, I'm actually missing two performa, and they're both from story progression.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01l6s5k.jpg

is it normal that I'm not supposed to have these yet or what?

Is she at max stage rank yet? I think you get performa for that, and I know I got some of them out of order on the radiant unity list.

zroid

Banned
Is she at max stage rank yet? I think you get performa for that, and I know I got some of them out of order on the radiant unity list.

not yet no (still a ways off). and just now a new radiant unity for Itsuki popped up at the very top of the list, so I guess it's nothing to be concerned about.

anyways, I just beat the boss from Mamori's first side story. that was the first battle which has really given me a lot of trouble so far. oof.

Avallon

Play record question:

"Kawaii" Battle Stage: Complete a battle with Kiria and Mamori, where Kiria is wearing her Funny Black Cat costume, and Mamori is wearing her school life costume.

Itsuki's School Life - School Festival: Have Itsuki in his lord form, Elly and Tsubasa all wearing their School Life outfits, and finish a battle.

These two won't pop for me -- is the description wrong?

HawthorneKitty

Play record question:

"Kawaii" Battle Stage: Complete a battle with Kiria and Mamori, where Kiria is wearing her Funny Black Cat costume, and Mamori is wearing her school life costume.

Itsuki's School Life - School Festival: Have Itsuki in his lord form, Elly and Tsubasa all wearing their School Life outfits, and finish a battle.

These two won't pop for me -- is the description wrong?
"Kawaii" Battle Stage, Itsuki needs Dark Argyle

School Life is the girls with cocktail dresses.

Rakukaja + Fog Breath Ftws.

Give Tsubasa a Null Sword Lance and Itsuki a sword without elemental weakness.

Use Javelin to start sessions if you need. Mass Destruction and Grand Finale for the "final form"

Top Bottom