• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mankind Divided game breaking bug? [patch aiming for Aug 29]

AHA-Lambda

For myself and others on various forums (Steam, here, Square Enix support) we've all hit a game progress halting bug where upon the 3rd visit to the Prague hub (specifically mission 14) whenever one uses the train station the game keeps crashing. This makes further game progress impossible as there is no other way to cross between the north and south sides of Prague.

No idea what is causing it, but devs are aware. Seemingly this is not limited to PC but has been found on XB1 and PS4 as well.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/337000/discussions/1/355043117529889878/
http://forums.na.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=190870

Just giving everyone a heads up so they are aware as the game is still quite new.
Lock if old.

I had the same issue on PC, couldn't find any way to fix it. Loading saves from anywhere other than the main menu was not working either. I had revert to a save from just after the prologue, hopefully I don't get the bug again.

AHA-Lambda

I had the same issue on PC, couldn't find any way to fix it. Loading saves from anywhere other than the main menu was not working either. I had revert to a save from just after the prologue, hopefully I don't get the bug again.

Ouch, fuck that's a lot of lost progress :-/

Tecnniqe

Banned
I didn't ask for this.

I hope this won't affect me as I've been progressing really slow trying to find everything.

kubus

Yup this is real, my boyfriend played the game on PS4 and ran into this bug. Had to reload an earlier save and lost a good hour of progress.

Getting this. In fact, the first time it happened I opened up the OT a minute later and saw someone complaining about the bug. Bummer.

Ouch. I hope I don't run into it. I hope they patch it soon for the affected folk.

For me the biggest "game breaking" thing for a Deus ex game will be the current publisher.

This definitely doesn't seem to be the only major bug in the game. I've had to reload earlier saves because I couldn't get the Prague Cops to stop chasing me. Happened a few times already. Either they'll just chase me forever from here on out and there's no way to get them to stop shooting at me, or the cool down after an alert is borked i figure. Playing on XBOX One.

SephLuis

For myself and others on various forums (Steam, here, Square Enix support) we've all hit a game progress halting bug where upon the 3rd visit to the Prague hub (specifically mission 14) whenever one uses the train station the game keeps crashing. This makes further game progress impossible as there is no other way to cross between the north and south sides of Prague.

I might be remembering wrong, but there was a way to cross between the sides on foot.

A hidden door or sewer near the wall that divides both sides. I am going to see if I can find it again and post. It should serve as a work around until the patch is out.

gdt

I'm on mission 6 I think and banging out all secondary objectives and sidequests. Won't be able to play much this weekend either. So hopefully they fix it before I get there.

I might be remembering wrong, but there was a way to cross between the sides on foot.

A hidden door or sewer near the wall that divides both sides. I am going to see if I can find it again and post. It should serve as a work around until the patch is out.

It's during a loading scene, not a traversal one. So you can't get around it. No matter what.

It seems a lot of people are experiencing this now, going by twitter anyway, and the devs are asking for information from anyone who is experiencing it here:

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=190974

Given this is seemingly quite common now, i'm surprised no one has reported it?

Best thing is that they just put out a new Patch but only fixed inconsequential shit like Mouse acceleration and some missing geometry, but a game breaking bug stays in... last time I bought a game at launch at full price. Just not worth the hassle being a paying Beta Tester.

epmode

Best thing is that they just put out a new Patch but only fixed inconsequential shit like Mouse acceleration and some missing geometry, but a game breaking bug stays in... last time I bought a game at launch at full price. Just not worth the hassle being a paying Beta Tester.

Some things are easier to patch than others. I'd much rather have them patch as things are corrected instead of waiting for a massive cumulative update.

It's not like we have to worry about certification delays on PC.

AHA-Lambda

I'm amazed this hasn't been picked up and reported by any websites yet considering it's game breaking, the cause is unknown, and it's affecting seemingly loads of people.

Kuraudo

Banned
I'm nowhere near where this appears to be affecting people, but I've definitely put my progress on hold until it's reported to be fixed.

That FFXV delay needs to become company standard (and then hopefully industry standard).

AHA-Lambda

freshest update on this as of like a few minutes ago is still pretty no committal time frame wise =/

A fix is currently being worked on this issue. Sorry for the
inconvenience and stay tuned for updates.

https://twitter.com/DeusEx/status/769560789401436164

EDIT: Could a mod update the title to more accurately reflect what's going on? As we can say this is certainly a real thing now, and that devs are at least working on it
I still can't believe no sites have picked this up when the issue is so prominent

Plasma

Banned
Still don't understand how this game got released with this bug, there is absolutely no way around it and from the amount of other people I've seen who have gotten it as well makes it seem like it is a fairly common occurrence. I haven't been able to play since Thursday and it's killed all the momentum for me as I'm pretty sure it isn't that far away from the end of the game.

Plasma

Banned
Hey everyone, thanks for providing details on this issue.

Our team has been able to find a fix, which is currently going through QA.
We are targeting early next week (week of Aug 29) for the release of the next patch including this fix.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you all for your patience and support!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/337000/discussions/1/352792037311237653/?ctp=21

So Monday then will hopefully be the day this gets released.

tuxfool

Banned
I was getting the bug, but I managed to work around it by going to
see Miller
before doing any of the new side missions.

ZanDatsu

I was hoping I'd get lucky and somehow not encounter this myself but nope, totally unable to finish the game because of this bug. They said they've already found a fix that will be released with the next patch, which seems overly laxadasical to me. Should have released that fix alone as soon as they found it, making people wait days just to be able to continue playing a full priced game they paid for sucks.

Top Bottom