• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.
out of stock most branches and home delivery

Managed to get one reserved at my local (was quick enough, I guess, it said 100+ people were viewing it or something so I assume it's on HUKD!)

Still not sure though. Might not even be fifty quid in a few days when the reservation comes through!

Hasney

Managed to get one reserved at my local (was quick enough, I guess, it said 100+ people were viewing it or something so I assume it's on HUKD!)

Still not sure though. Might not even be fifty quid in a few days when the reservation comes through!

Dammit, that's what I get for going out and being sociable instead of watching this thread!

I got the wii U Guitar Hero for £20 a few weeks back. I should count my lucky stars :p

Protome

Quoting this for anyone that missed it. Rare Replay is under £8 and Sunset Overdrive is even cheaper.

Picked up Sunset Overdrive despite not having an Xbox One yet (starting a new job soon so an Xbox One S will be my treat to myself!)

Rare Replay is unfortunately out of stock. It goes for cheap pretty often though I think.

Protome

What's the deal with the Xbox One S console? Is it like, actually out yet?

I think the 2tb one came out, had super limited stock and has now sold out?
The other versions come out in September but I can only find listings for the Fifa bundle and Gears of War bundle so I have no idea. It seems like there is a weirdly small push for it.

Cheers, that's annoying. I could get like £100 off one if I could buy it next week but it's not even available!

It'd be easier to get a PS4 slim and they don't even officially exist yet.

Eanan

Rocket League codes for XB1 are 1p in Argos right now.

I cant get near one :(

Maybe someone could help a brother out ?

RiggyRob

Anyone got any ideas where the cheapest place to get the new Attack on Titan game on PS4 in the UK is?

£55 on PSN is just slightly taking the piss.

It's my last day to collect Rock Band 4 for £46 from Argos and I still haven't made up my mind, haha.

Probably gonna stick with my RB3/Beatles combo when it comes to it. The RB4 drums sound like they're broken and a large amount of delisted DLC not transferring over is edging me towards just sticking where I'm at.

So if anyone wants a reservation code to pick one up (Xbox One) today from the Argos in Kingston then it won't have to go to waste.

Zafir

Cheers - I was hoping that it wouldn't be a full price release/would be reduced quickly, but I guess that's a bit too hopeful.

It'll probably be reduced semi quickly on console. Give it a few months, that's how long it usually takes for Tecmo Koei games to drop.

PC version you'll be waiting years though, and even then the best they seem to do is 50% off. Which is laughable considering the quality of their ports...

Can anyone recommend the cheapest place to get an n3DS, regular size? Ideally in the UK but happy to import via one of the Amazon EU sites. Hoping to gift one. I'm after a PAL system. Black (preferably) or white.

Thanks.

EmiPrime

UK Gaf, Tesco Outlet on eBay have 10 refurbished PS3 DualShock 3 controllers available for £15.00 each buy it now:-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401123432351
Tesco Outlet seem to accept best offers of £13.00 or more (During working hours) but anything lower is automatically declined.

I have purchased two previously and they were practically brand new, however YMMV. One came in the original box, whilst the other came in a plain brown box. The only thing I noted was that the serial number on the rear sticker had been crossed out with black marker, but a small amount of isopropyl alcohol (99% isopropanol) on a cotton bud soon sorted that!

Hope this helps someone :)

Thanks Link, I got mine today! £13 for what looked like an open box return that had never been used judging by the necks of the analogue sticks is a lot better than the £50 GAME wanted for a new one.

RiggyRob

It'll probably be reduced semi quickly on console. Give it a few months, that's how long it usually takes for Tecmo Koei games to drop.

PC version you'll be waiting years though, and even then the best they seem to do is 50% off. Which is laughable considering the quality of their ports...

The SO wants to play it now since she saw a gif of
playing as the titan
, normally I'd be waiting until it's £15-20.

I was also under the impression it was pretty bad in terms of quality like the 3DS Attack on Titan game, but I guess I was wrong.

Can anyone recommend the cheapest place to get an n3DS, regular size? Ideally in the UK but happy to import via one of the Amazon EU sites. Hoping to gift one. I'm after a PAL system. Black (preferably) or white.

Thanks.

Honestly? Physical shops may actually be your best bet there. Been looking around myself so as to get my sister a present before she goes off to Uni (her previous 3DS has issues with the hinge), and there's one in Cash Generator for like, £80? Another small shop in the mall - don't think its part of a wider franchise, could check for you - is selling them new for £115, comparable to what secondhand ones have gone for on ebay.

So yeah, check your area, if it has any such shops.

Honestly? Physical shops may actually be your best bet there. Been looking around myself so as to get my sister a present before she goes off to Uni (her previous 3DS has issues with the hinge), and there's one in Cash Generator for like, £80? Another small shop in the mall - don't think its part of a wider franchise, could check for you - is selling them new for £115, comparable to what secondhand ones have gone for on ebay.

So yeah, check your area, if it has any such shops.
Thanks for this, mate. The main physical shops in my vicinity that likely do these are either CEX (stinks to high heaven) or Game (which I refuse to buy from, don't want any free pubes with my products). Amazon UK doesn't seem to be selling these direct anymore :-/

Thanks for this, mate. The main physical shops in my vicinity that likely do these are either CEX (stinks to high heaven) or Game (which I refuse to buy from, don't want any free pubes with my products). Amazon UK doesn't seem to be selling these direct anymore :-/

You can get a white one from Tesco Direct for £129 with the code TDX-KTRP.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/new-3ds-white-console/507-7344.prd?skuId=507-7344

If you spend over £150 and use code TDX-GNKF instead, you'll save £20.

Yeah those two can charge a stupid rate sometimes. Turned out the £80 one from Cash Generator was without a box so I ended up getting one from the other shop - definitely a locally owned place rather than part of a franchise.

Also after some investigating Amazon does still sell a few regular ones, but primarily in terms of special edition bundles that come with specific games - ie, Xenoblade. Otherwise (and even then) you're looking at third party sellers that are simply available via Amazon.

SPCTRE

I wish that game was a "real" Animal Crossing game, I've been wanting to get into them (on a big screen) and see what the fuss is about.

weekev

Banned
I wish that game was a "real" Animal Crossing game, I've been wanting to get into them (on a big screen) and see what the fuss is about.
You can get Wild World on Wii dirt cheap, meant to be a good entry. New Leaf on 3ds is still the GOAT though.

Decider

Is there a cheap price for the PS3 Slim yet? I'm amazed to find that even the 12GB units are usually more than £150 online in the UK, with no significant EOL deals.

I'm likely to replace the HDD, so storage capacity isn't really issue.

Megauap

Is there a cheap price for the PS3 Slim yet? I'm amazed to find that even the 12GB units are usually more than £150 online in the UK, with no significant EOL deals.

I'm likely to replace the HDD, so storage capacity isn't really issue.

That's what I had to do 4 months ago when I bought a Super Slim because my Slim died.

jonno394

The GameCube version of AC will always be my favourite. I still enjoyed the others but they never grabbed me like that first one did.

Yeah I think a lot of it is the novelty of being the first time you play a game like that. None of the rest have held my attention like that has, because it's just more of the same really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom