• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 Demo - September 11 @ 8:00 PM EST

golem

Yes, snow needs to be added at some point. UK would be a great setting and could include it.

We have pretty much all land variation types, all weather types, world famous music festivals. And the devs are based here so know the source content well.

Make it happen Ralph!

There may be riots in the streets if FH4 isnt in Japan at this point... I know its a popular request

m23

What I love about this series, is that if you turn off all the assists and make it as simulation as possible, it's a very rewarding a challenging experience. You still get that crazy fun side of the Horizon series, but get a very engaging racing game. Just perfection.

That's how I play it, very satisfying.

MilkyJoe

The intro even feels GTA-esque.

]

J1CHCZH.gif

That rain looks much better than FH2 and FMS6

jond76

Banned
Wasn't there a modified cockpit view that they used for wheel setups? I seem to remember that they mentioned they would make that an option for everyone. The windshield takes up more of the screen and the steering wheel and hands are pushed down.

I have a question about Microsoft Play Anywhere titles.

I see myself playing this most of the time on PC, but I know I'm going to want to kick up my feet and just drive around downstairs on my couch where my xbox is, when the mood hits me.

Has anyone tried/seen/heard about the cross-save process with this and other titles. Is it pretty seemless where I can just load up my PC save on my Xbox One?

veidi

Gaawd damnit, all these GIFS are INSANEEE!!
How can I record the Drone Mode? XBoxDVR? never use this.
Also Photomode is Screenshot(double Tap Xbox Btn) only now, right?

Trup1aya

Loved the demo. I'm going to actually use the cross play feature cause I can see myself playing this on my PC and also in the living room when I just want to get in a quick race or show off the graphics to a friend.

I can never settle on a camera view with Arcade style racers. Do you guys go cockpit, 3rd person, or first no cockpit?

Cockpit view or bust...

The challenge and the immersion can't be topped...
unless they upped the FOV

GlamFM

Banned
Loved the demo. I'm going to actually use the cross play feature cause I can see myself playing this on my PC and also in the living room when I just want to get in a quick race or show off the graphics to a friend.

I can never settle on a camera view with Arcade style racers. Do you guys go cockpit, 3rd person, or first no cockpit?

Bumper cam except for cross country races.

AzerPhire

I see myself playing this most of the time on PC, but I know I'm going to want to kick up my feet and just drive around downstairs on my couch where my xbox is, when the mood hits me.

Has anyone tried/seen/heard about the cross-save process with this and other titles. Is it pretty seemless where I can just load up my PC save on my Xbox One?

People playing Recore with Play Anywhere report it is seamless. Can go from one machine to the other and just continue on.

SOR5

Just syncs up, as long as both are connected to the internet you're good.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I haven't had a chance to try the demo but the video stutters slightly from time to time, is that noticeable in the game? Never noticed much stutter in 2 at least.

Also I find it hilarous that you casually drove up slowly to the fence and then proceeded to mow the entire line down xD
It's the recording or your browser. It's a solid 30 in game even with all the physics calculations.

Your car will stand still unless you have a second controller. You either good at controlling a car and a drone at the same time or have a friend helping you out there ^^

edit: or just start drone mode when your car is still rolling on a straight track. It will continue rolling until it stops iirc.

Wait, are you serious?!?... I was totally kidding around when I told someone that you needed two controllers before... wow lol.

Just a reminder to those thinking about the Ultimate Edition that it can be had for $80 via Amazon Prime...

Physical ONLY and will not work with cross play, keep in mind. Also $80 at best buy if you have GCU for ultimate (PHYSICAL) and you get some sort of controller stand or something.

For cross play digital, best deal is either buying on the hong kong store ($82 USD for ultimate) or going to the microsoft store, you get $10 back in 10 days for all editions making it $50-90 plus a bonus car, the Ford Mustang 350R. I pre ordered this way and can verify I got a key to redeem immediately and its up on preload on both my xbox one and W10 machine. Be sure to choose digital only if you want cross play.
https://www.microsoftstore.com/stor...a-Horizon-3-for-Xbox-One/productID.5061286000

As a die hard Ps4 guy I have to say this game looks great. I'll be at my friends house this Friday and I already told him to download the demo on his xb1. Can't wait to play it.

Top Bottom