• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Mafia |OT| Gotta Catch Em’ Scum!

El Topo

Oh yeah, sure, sure. I post a bunch of notes and no one cares, I make a mistake and everyone jumps on it.

*grumble grumble*

Sophia

Oh yeah, sure, sure. I post a bunch of notes and no one cares, I make a mistake and everyone jumps on it.

*grumble grumble*

I'm not judging you for your mistake. I am, however, going to make snarky comments at you. Because that's what a Sophia does.

Ty4on

Can't blame you for not noticing. TheGoddamn hasn't exactly been visible today.

VOTE: TheGoddamn

I spent all of my time yesterday on Sophia and didn't have time to vote for Darryl. I know it's like 2:45 his time, but I want some posts from him when I wake up tomorrow.

Sophia

Also El Topo, I looked at your notes (Which are giving me a townie read now) and I saw this.

#912 – on mobile; claims Sophia could be Gaga; says 5 votes on Bronx => he likes the odds of finding scum there
#1073 – says with recruitment he is not "taking anything for granted"; does not believe anything nless it's a flip; says we can let scum deal with Sophia, but says it is problematic if she gets recruited

It seems odd to make an unsupported "theory" (I'm hesitatant to call it a claim) that I might be Gaga now, then say he's not taking anything for granted at #1073. Very weird behavior there.

Sophia

That argument is a little less straightforward than what I'd like. I'm not quite getting what the argument(s) is nor why you have a gut feeling he is town.

The main reason I gut read him as town is because he's playing differently from how he played the last time he was scum. And I do like trusting my gut because it's oftentimes better a judge than my head. But I admit that it could be baseless.

Fireblend

Banned
This is technically correct in a convoluted way, but anyone reading CM's post at the end of D1...

... I think would disagree.
I don't think that's such a strong justification for not lynching that no one should question him about it. CM had the whole day to come up with at least a gut read he could leave us with?

What made you overlook that and why didn't you reply when CM corrected you?
I'm not sure when he corrected me. Can you quote that post? I'm sorry if I missed that, though I don't think that invalidates any of my concerns so far.

You really don't see how posting directly after Melon called you out could be construed as scum play? There is no backpedaling, the benefit of the doubt is because I hadn't seen a post from you recently so maybe that's when you looked into the thread, I don't know, still a bad look.
...no? I'm honestly not sure what you're implying. How would posting after melon further scum-Fireblend's interests in any way? Like, you're scum-reading the timing of the post because my name was mentioned in the previous one? Should I have held off until someone else had replied? If Flush had posted first, would that have been a bad look?

Ty4on

I'm just saying that there will be uncertainty about every player until they flip, so no one should assume that Sophia is 100% town.
Could you answer my last question?
The main reason I gut read him as town is because he's playing differently from how he played the last time he was scum. And I do like trusting my gut because it's oftentimes better a judge than my head. But I admit that it could be baseless.
Do you have any examples or anything else? My memory of him in Heist was just that he coasted, but that was a long time ago.

Ty4on

I'm not sure when he corrected me. Can you quote that post? I'm sorry if I missed that, though I don't think that invalidates any of my concerns so far.
Sure
My explanation for the no vote was included when I made it. Typing UNVOTE is shorter than VOTE: No Lynch, I don't see the big difference between either but no doubt someone will point it out. As far as I'm concerned, there were 4 people on Day 1 who decided to sit on the fence.

Fireblend

Banned

Oh, I did refer to that, I included that one when I said he'd dedicated 3 posts to me, I just didn't directly quote it because I had more thoughts about the 2 posts after that. Not much can be said for the first part except that I still find it odd that he'd chose not to leave a vote, and I conceded that a no-lynch was IMO equally as useless:

And sure, the same could be said about the no lynch votes, specially when it was obvious that wasn't going to happen.

Sophia

Do you have any examples or anything else? My memory of him in Heist was just that he coasted, but that was a long time ago.

In Bachelor Party, he came in with mega posts every so often and made logical arguments wherever he could, just enough that in the heat of things people didn't suspect him. The biggest reason he was noticed as scum was his unwillingness to commit to votes, especially on Day 3.

I can slightly believe the "I lost track of the vote count", but at the same time I find it strange he's trying to create a narrative of him and Bronx where there is none except for maybe Ynnek. And again, I'm confused as to why he didn't just say "Sophia unvoted" and/or "I couldn't make a logical argument for any other vote with the very short time period that I had", which seems like a way easier argument to make than trying to justify it as losing track of the vote count.

Did Royal mention any other reasons for jumping off El Topo? And has he said anything about El Topo since then? I'm gonna go back and check, but it'd be easier if someone could point me in the right direction.

(If this comes off as a bit off-track or hard to follow, I apologize.)

Did you mean it that way the first time? The way you phrased it made it sound like your coworker replaced your apple with an orange.

When I think alignment changing I don't think town staying town and gaining another alignment. I think town turning into scum or neutral.

This one? Yes I meant "changing" as "acquiring a a new alignment along with the existing one."

Fireblend

Banned
This one? Yes I meant "changing" as "acquiring a a new alignment along with the existing one."

That doesn't sound like the definition of changing at all lol, and it's such an odd point to be defending too, why not just concede you meant the other thing at first? What a weird discussion.

Sawneeks

Banned
Sounds like a great way to blow off some steam.

Subtle® PR hint?

Subtle is a trademark, registered on NeoGAF by user Sawneeks. Used with permission.

Subtle™

(No)

Well at least some people here have respect for the trademark.

Suddle.... (misspelling on purpose to remain legally distinct from Sawneeks)

My lawyers will be in contact with you two shortly.

I won't stand for such a heinous disregard for the rules

scum chat or Mason chat?

Danganronpa Alumni Chat.

No Cthulhu-based Archers allowed.

p.s. did you know that Danganronpa mafia ended roughly a year ago today? time flew by really fast. ._.

Sophia

Just checked, and I didn't see anything.

Hey Royal, why the lack of conversation about El Topo? You said, and I quote, "Topo is by far my strongest scum read so far.", so surely that didn't just disappear? You felt so confident enough about it to vote with me even... But as far as I can tell you haven't said a single thing about him this day phase, instead focusing on Verelios who has been responding to everything you throw at him...

roytheone

From what I've seen playing with Town Darryl, he generally pushes for reactions, but there's a method to his madness in that he's trying to clear people in his mind (I actually do the same sometimes) I didn't get that impression from Darryl this time, which made me curious.

Hmm, Darryl's day 1 way of pushing people seemed like the normal town Darryl to me. I have been scum with Darryl once in NX and there he was way more random with his attacks then now. Then again, during that game he had barely time to play, couldn't read the thread and made everything up on the fly, so I don't know how much trust I should put into my experiences in that game.

The darryl/goddamn combo is a weird part of this game for me, since I felt good about Darryl being town, but Goddamn feels a lot worse with his heavy focus on the trainer stuff and his weird theory that it is likely just a mason thing. This makes me feel confused :(

No one else is talking about Ferret, so I brought it up. As I said before, his lack of vote on D1 brought attention on himself.

melon is active and engaging with everyone, similar to Verelios. I do, however, have a stronger town read on melon than Verelios.

Flush's staunch defence of Sophia is a cause for concern, especially with alignment-changing trainers out there. Gorlak's vote on Sophia because of history is a bit odd too: games are separate entities. But I buy his argument that just because she's a double-voter it doesn't mean she's automatically not scum.

I'm sure El Topo has more notes to share on other players than just me, otherwise he might be accused of tunneling too.

I have no problem with you bringing up ferret. What I do find weird is how you repeatedly point out situations that you find weird, but then don't follow up at all. Like you said that you liked the odds of finding scum in the bronx voters, but never brought that up again. Did you change your mind?

BTW, I have a busy day tomorrow with work (boo!) and my graduation ceremony (jay!). I should be back in time for days end, but I don't know for sure. Dusk is still my main scum suspect so I still feel good about my vote on him.

Sophia

Hmm, Darryl's day 1 way of pushing people seemed like the normal town Darryl to me. I have been scum with Darryl once in NX and there he was way more random with his attacks then now. Then again, during that game he had barely time to play, couldn't read the thread and made everything up on the fly, so I don't know how much trust I should put into my experiences in that game.

The darryl/goddamn combo is a weird part of this game for me, since I felt good about Darryl being town, but Goddamn feels a lot worse with his heavy focus on the trainer stuff and his weird theory that it is likely just a mason thing. This makes me feel confused :(

Really says a lot about TheGoddamn that we have so little to go off of we're analyzing Darryl instead. :p

Of course, he sure does have enough time to comment on the flip with mostly pointless speculation instead of scum hunting.

Verelios

...no? I'm honestly not sure what you're implying. How would posting after melon further scum-Fireblend's interests in any way? Like, you're scum-reading the timing of the post because my name was mentioned in the previous one? Should I have held off until someone else had replied? If Flush had posted first, would that have been a bad look?
image.jpg

Hence the benefit

Sawneeks

Banned
breaking this down by page because god damn it stop posting so much

Pg. 24

Of course I think the pileon on Bronx-Man was scummy. But it was a D1 vote and I've been slammed before for putting too much stock into it.

There are likely scum in the five who did vote for him (inactive votes are really only useful after the flip), but Sophia's surviving the night was the primary reason. Thinking it over (along with Sophia's response to me), it is weak reasoning, especially with RF's doctor argument. A double voter at this stage is worse for town than scum, so

Unvote

Could you please explain why you unvoted here? Because you just accuse Sophia of being Scummy and give briefs reasons as to why you think so and then....you unvote her???

But, conversely, can you imagine if a town- (scum-) trainer caught a scum- (town-) Pokemon (and didn't know it) and had a chat to themselves? It would be another game inside the game that added to the tension.

You should read Price is Right because what you just described did actually happen. Spoilers: It was stressful and a lot of fun.

It's a little in-joke between the two of us. In my first mafia game, she and I both made it to the final day along with Makai, she was town and I was mafia. She lynched me correctly but in the end lost as town because of Makai's PR. Danganronpa mafia was the first sole neutral victory. Both of us felt pretty crappy after that.

The Lucky Buddy, man. The god damn Lucky Buddy.

;_______________;

And for the record I'm inclined to lynch someone outside the Bronx-man vote for today. Maybe Sophia but only just to get confirmation that on Day 1 it was 2 town members who were on the chopping block.

Sooooo you want to lynch Sophia just confirm it was Town v Town? Or is it because you Scum read her?

I'll be honest, I was almost going to vote for melonrabbit at the end of Day 1 but it was more of a OMGUS vote since I felt she had it in for me.

But right now I'm kind of null reading her.

this train never ends.

What do you think of the amount of people who were 'thinking' of voting Melon but ended up not? Does this make Melon more Town in your eyes or even Scummier?

Ty4on

That doesn't sound like the definition of changing at all lol, and it's such an odd point to be defending too, why not just concede you meant the other thing at first? What a weird discussion.

Glad you picked up on that. I found the doubling down weird too, but not sure what to make of it.

Sawneeks

Banned
Pg.
688a5930e5eb13c710a7f27d2d11fa364beb74db6b469b349c2fd09ebd776680_3.jpg

God, I just spent two hours thinking this over and typed a novel in response. But to sorta summarize my thoughts, I gut read RF as scum but he contributes, getting rid of Salva now might be best for town in the long run despite my inactive/dead weight position but we learn little, you are in a middle ground in terms of activity and use, but I don't scum read you now and you feel like your trying a bit more.

If it was purely up to me, no other votes or comments I would vote Salva. Yes we wouldn't learn much, and despite it being a less lazy vote as opposed to the normal "they aren't posting as much, get em" feel of such votes (votes against inactives and dead weights) because Salva is/was openly and willingly not contributing, it is still sorta lazy. But we won't have to question Salva's alignment as either weird willingly useless town or weird bold willingly useless scum. It would also give you and RF more of a chance to contribute which would create either more solid reads on you, or at the very least more potential connections for future conversation.

If there was some sort of tie between you three I would probably vote RF though, because I gut read him scum (I always do though so I sorta try to ignore it) also, because of how he post we would lose his contributions but there is potential info to be gained at the same time.

Question!

So you want to vote out Salva above all else because you see him as dead weight and nothing more but yet if it came down to a tie vote you would go for RF? So you would much rather vote out Salva as opposed to someone you think could be Scum so he can have more time to essentially 'clean up his act'? We learn nothing from flipping Salva, seeing as he hasn't done much, but flipping RF would give us a ton of stuff to go back on and read into.

I'm trying to understand why lynching someone for little info is better than lynching someone to get better reads.

Why would I ask Stanley hard hitting questions? As I said, lynching Bronx-Man for inactivity was an okay-ish choice. Being on BM at the end of the day is not alignment indicative in my eyes as long as not one of the other immediate lynch candidates turns out Scum. That's been my stance from the beginning. You on the other hand made it your agenda to go after the Bronx voters and then immediately let go at the slightest sign of defence. That's the big difference.

What was your read on Topo again?

on that note, i dont have any strong scum reads on anyone right now. but the smaller scum vibes are pointing me in the direction of Royal, El Topo, Nin, and Verelios. hopefully tomorrow ill be able to turn some of these idle feelings into something substantial enough to vote on

Would love a read on each of them if you get the chance.

thx

I don't understand this at all. How does it not give me a good look? What time would have been better? And what's this benefit of the doubt backpedalling bs? :p you already suggested it so go ahead and run with it, what's in your head?

Vote: Verelios

I don't believe you ever stated your suspicions of verelios before? What made you change? Or I should say, what made you vote him now instead of earlier or on Day 1.

4 active votes, and about 26 hours left in the day. Lots of circling but no blood in the water yet.

Dusk, roy, and CM brought up a Fireblend vote. No votes on Fireblend.

There was some noise about melon being an alternate to Bronx (RF, Splinter, Sophia). No votes on melon.

These are the only current votes:

• Gorlak on Sophia: because she was a scum double voter before.
  • Roy on Dusk: a prod vote to explain his Fire vote and his Pokemon read list.
  • Sawneeks on nin: a prod vote to get into the game.
  • Splinter on RF: about the only vote of substance. Will have to look at this again since RF didn't set off any scum alarm bells on D1.

List are neat but Scum Hunting is better.

Do you believe that either Fireblend or Melon are Scum? Specifically taking into account the whole 'well maybe we will vote for them!' attitude that you mentioned.

My bad feeling about LP continue. He continues to tunnel a lot on Ferret, I don't think he even gave opinions on any other player yet outside of that El topo business. I also noticed he likes to point out situations he finds weird, but not actually do anything with it:

???

I wouldn't call that a tunnel, what made you lean and say that?

I'm just saying that there will be uncertainty about every player until they flip, so no one should assume that Sophia is 100% town.

?

No one should assume anyone is 100%? The only reason you ever assume 100% is either someone has flipped/is a Scum teammate/a cleared Cop check.

Let's continue our dance, shall we, Verelios?

You're misunderstanding my post. I initially said that the vote on Sawneeks was reactionary, the post of reasons was not. As I explained, that was a difference in mentality when writing those posts. I'm curious what phrasing problems you have, share with the class.
I had the feeling that came out quite clearly. Apparently not. The phrase "I'll explain my vote on Sawneeks since time is running low." followed by a list of posts triggers my Scum sensors.

What, you're acting like I haven't been calling out players for acting 'scummy', so what's the use of a scum list day 1? Town doesn't always need a scumlist, they also look for a players interactions. You're really eager to put people in boxes Royal.
But it's easier to search through. What is your problem with just writing a list or even posting your current Scum subject? Are you unable to not tunnel once you wrote down a name or something?

Odd, right. So, would I be correct in saying you, for some reason, I dunno (Maybe to object), you didn't find random fluff odd? OK then.
Sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to ask here.

Y'know, I used to have a friend named Jim. Now, Jim had a problem, not a big problem but pretty annoying all the same. I used to tell him not to tie ropes looping horizontally but he'd always come back with a horizontally tied rope. I always made sure to listen to why a person tied their rope a certain way, but Jim always had the same old answer. 'What? That doesn't sound right'. Yep.

So here's a question Royal, beyond asking them why they voted for BM,what do you want to ask? Once can be an accident, twice is an incident, thrice is inevitable. Keep fighting the good fight.
I dunno; I don't have a problem with the reasoning. You apparently had, otherwise you wouldn't have voted for Stan who already stated his reasons D1...

Whoooo, subtle. The national players league of Mafia salute you.
I'm curious. What exactly do you think I was subtly implying there?

There's also the fact that I basically told Royal to man up and vote with me, and he hasn't tried to justify in the most obvious way possible: "Sophia unvoted, so I didn't feel obligated to stick with it." Which makes way more sense than the answer he gave Splitner and makes me suspicious.
I can slightly believe the "I lost track of the vote count", but at the same time I find it strange he's trying to create a narrative of him and Bronx where there is none except for maybe Ynnek. And again, I'm confused as to why he didn't just say "Sophia unvoted" and/or "I couldn't make a logical argument for any other vote with the very short time period that I had", which seems like a way easier argument to make than trying to justify it as losing track of the vote count.
But why would I write that? That's not what happened. The only thing you had to with the unvote was the fact that you stated you maybe would want to switch to melonrabbit. Sorry to break it down to you, but at no point in time did I feel obliged to keep my vote on Topo because of you.

Just checked, and I didn't see anything.

Hey Royal, why the lack of conversation about El Topo? You said, and I quote, "Topo is by far my strongest scum read so far.", so surely that didn't just disappear? You felt so confident enough about it to vote with me even... But as far as I can tell you haven't said a single thing about him this day phase, instead focusing on Verelios who has been responding to everything you throw at him...
El Topo didn't post anything (other than "I'll be busy today") until very recently. Why would I discuss him if nothing changed since yesterday? However, this whole mountain fluff and the fact that he didn't notice Darryl was replaced for some reason I can't explain strikes me as towny.

Oh, and that fucking Banana. Can't forget that. ¬_¬
Hey, I saved your life and killed my Scumbuddy with that one! A bit more gratefulness, please.

Sophia

El Topo didn't post anything (other than "I'll be busy today") until very recently. Why would I discuss him if nothing changed since yesterday? However, this whole mountain fluff and the fact that he didn't notice Darryl was replaced for some reason I can't explain strikes me as towny.

Er. That's what strikes you as towny? You're town reading him now? Not when he was making all those posts that gave me cold feet at the end of Day 1? And you didn't have any comments or arguments or anything at all for any of those?

Something doesn't add up here.

*goes to re-read over D2 stuff*

Fireblend

Banned
I don't believe you ever stated your suspicions of verelios before? What made you change? Or I should say, what made you vote him now instead of earlier or on Day 1.

I initially voted for him because I wanted to call his weird logic out, but his inability/unwillingness to justify that initial post about my timing feels off, like he was hoping for someone to piggyback off that comment to push in my direction so I'm keeping it there. Yesterday we did have a bit of a back and forth and I had my doubts but nothing I could make up my mind with so I had little reason to vote him over my other suspects.

Do you make anything of our conversation (me and verelios')?

Sophia

I didn't see Melon talk about Royal really in Day 2 for the most part. There was this mention of Royal in regards to Verelios and mentioning that Royal hasn't explained his vote.

And yet...

In reviewing my notes, there are definitely people I'd love to hear more from regarding their current thoughts on the game.

Fireblend
Dusk
Ferret
Ynnek
and The G.

Step up, don't be shy.

... Royal isn't on her list of people she'd like to hear more about?

She was also discussing Verelios, like Royal is now.

Melon, is there any particular reason you're not discussing Royal? Did I miss some discussion for D2? Any particular reads on him?

I noticed something while I was writing above replies to verelios, but I'm obviously biased on that one. Could someone please check if Verelios in his two big replies (1, 2) to me seems at least as interested in throwing shade at me as to debunk my points? Especially in the second one...

So you want to vote out Salva above all else because you see him as dead weight and nothing more but yet if it came down to a tie vote you would go for RF? So you would much rather vote out Salva as opposed to someone you think could be Scum so he can have more time to essentially 'clean up his act'? We learn nothing from flipping Salva, seeing as he hasn't done much, but flipping RF would give us a ton of stuff to go back on and read into.
Depending on how legitimate you think this case against me is, you won't learn a ton from my flip. If you get convinced by it, why wouldn't others? (Assuming you're Town here)

Er. That's what strikes you as towny? You're town reading him now? Not when he was making all those posts that gave me cold feet at the end of Day 1? And you didn't have any comments or arguments or anything at all for any of those?
*shrug*
No lynch is garbage. If you don't want to vote for El Topo, don't vote for him. El Topo's nervousness has changed into anger apparently, but I don't know what I should make out of this fact. Is just getting angry and (apparently rightfully, idk, hadn't had the time yet to check for myself) pointing out lies (or at least twisted narratives) a Town-Tell? I don't know. I stated in my previous post who I'm willing to vote for. If someone else is vote leader or close to becoming it I will try to swing towards whomever of that list has the most support.
He seemed angry, which is kind of NAI. I was still confident enough he was Scum. And I don't especially Town read him now, but he isn't close to my top-Scum atm. That would, depending on my above question, probably either be Verelios or Dusk who also is a person with a whole lot of secretly empty posts. I will read into melonrabbit now. I didn't keep track of what Ferret was doing today tbh, so he also might emerge. At least D1 he had tons of those secretly empty posts.

You being one of the 3 people that had no vote by the end of the day made you stand out. I didn't create that narrative.

That's what I'm saying though, your only contributions up to that point were pointing out obvious ways people (mostly me) stand out, hence asking if anything else had caught your eye. I'm not saying you created a narrative, I'm saying that you're making really shallow obvious observations and then patting yourself on the back for it because you brought something up that no one else was talking about.

Question!

I'm trying to understand why lynching someone for little info is better than lynching someone to get better reads.

I wouldn't vote for Salva now, but if no one else voted and I had to choose between him and RF (let's say Ty put that gun he was passing around to my head and said choose) yes I would vote for Salva because I don't want to let my personal prejudice against RF lead to getting rid of a player who contributes. And I would rather have potential scum Royal stick around and make connections to others for even more info the next day, than risk potential scum Salva continuing to do the opposite.

But when other people vote this issue isn't quite as bad, because it's not just my personal issue of always gut scum reading RF, others would clearly think he was scum so I can take solace in the fact that it wouldn't just be me getting rid of him for bs petty reasons, as opposed to Salva who would then entirely be in that position for being useless.

Another thing is that, if it were just me, then there isn't really that much more info to be gained from one or the other, the other votes on the two of them make an impact in that regard, and seeing who voted Royal over Salva (and vice versa) would be of just as much use as the connections that Royal already has made with his post. What I mean by this is that ifit were just my vote on Royal all we really have is his flip and what he's already posted, having the rest of the people vote gives plenty a bit more info, as opposed to if I were to vote Salva we have the same issue but then there isn't really much to learn from the votes should others vote.

(I think maybe you looked at the first part of my previous post and thought it meant I would prefer a Salva lynch, when I meant the above thing about if I were literally the only person voting)

Ty4on

He seemed angry, which is kind of NAI. I was still confident enough he was Scum. And I don't especially Town read him now, but he isn't close to my top-Scum atm. That would, depending on my above question, probably either be Verelios or Dusk who also is a person with a whole lot of secretly empty posts. I will read into melonrabbit now. I didn't keep track of what Ferret was doing today tbh, so he also might emerge. At least D1 he had tons of those secretly empty posts.

Venting like that seemed very townie, especially when most people were siding with L_P. This type of post especially I don't see a lot from someone who's self conscious of what people think of them.

Sawneeks

Banned

Perhaps I can answer this since I was just in a game against Scum!Splinter.

In Price is Right, Splinter went in making logical posts every now and again before settling in to tunnel on Town!WAMD/Salva. He pushed for that lynch for roughly 3 Day phases and barely did anything else/barely commented on anything else. The last Day he was alive he backed away suddenly from the tunnel and claimed to be unsure. That Night phase, Ynnek ( our god-like Vig ) shot him.

While I won't confidently say I Town read Splinter this game, I will say he seems far more relaxed than he did compared to the last one. While things he did do stick out to me ( suddenly Town reading me on Day 1 with no prompting, backing away from the 'nicely established Sophia bandwagon' ) I actually Town lean on him right now, especially when compared to most other players.

I have no problem with you bringing up ferret. What I do find weird is how you repeatedly point out situations that you find weird, but then don't follow up at all. Like you said that you liked the odds of finding scum in the bronx voters, but never brought that up again. Did you change your mind?

BTW, I have a busy day tomorrow with work (boo!) and my graduation ceremony (jay!). I should be back in time for days end, but I don't know for sure. Dusk is still my main scum suspect so I still feel good about my vote on him.

Glad to know I'm not the only one feeling that way about TheG. >.>;

Also, congrats Roy! :D

I had the feeling that came out quite clearly. Apparently not. The phrase "I'll explain my vote on Sawneeks since time is running low." followed by a list of posts triggers my Scum sensors.

Which is funny because that actually did the opposite for me.

Didn't you also say earlier that you Town-read him more because of that vote?

lol

Vote: Royal_Flush

I initially voted for him because I wanted to call his weird logic out, but his inability/unwillingness to justify that initial post about my timing feels off, like he was hoping for someone to piggyback off that comment to push in my direction so I'm keeping it there. Yesterday we did have a bit of a back and forth and I had my doubts but nothing I could make up my mind with so I had little reason to vote him over my other suspects.

So yesterday didn't set off alarms for you but today did? Even though the reasons you just gave for voting for him now are the same exact ones that I gave for Day 1?

Between you and Verelios? No, other than what I'm asking above.

I'm more interested in VereliosxRoyal.

Depending on how legitimate you think this case against me is, you won't learn a ton from my flip. If you get convinced by it, why wouldn't others? (Assuming you're Town here)

Actually, we would learn a lot.

For instance, I don't believe that you and Verelios ( or you and Sophia for that matter ) are Scum Buddies. Given your actions this Day phase I feel it's a safe bet to say this is most likely the case and since I Scum Read ( or scum lean ) all 3 of you then taking out the one that is connected to the others provides more ground for better reads and the chance to hit Scum.

Like if you flipped Scum ( which atm I'm willing to bet on ) then that means Verelios and Sophia are probably Town despite my misgivings about them. This also means I will be looking closer at El Topo.

Or you might flip Town, in which case I go back to Verelios and Sophia as possible Scum candidates given their own individual actions.

I wouldn't say that's nothing, Mr. Rocket. :p

Verelios

Let's continue our dance, shall we, Verelios?
Quite so, Pennyworth!

Time was running low, there was less than an hour to the day left. You're powers of grasping at straws precede you.

But it's easier to search through. What is your problem with just writing a list or even posting your current Scum subject? Are you unable to not tunnel once you wrote down a name or something?
What is your problem with actually looking at player interactions/votes? It sounds like you're trying to steer people away from getting legitimate reads into 'LIST LIST LIST' time.

Sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to ask here.
Couldn't be clearer but I'll state it in one sentence just for you. Do you find random fluff odd, yes or no? Simple right? Good.

I dunno; I don't have a problem with the reasoning. You apparently had, otherwise you wouldn't have voted for Stan who already stated his reasons D1...
Ayyyyy, here comes the swiveling. I had a problem with why he voted/unvoted, he gave a reason. You have a problem with me not continuing after that answer. Now, I want to ask what you expected to hear other than that?

I'm curious. What exactly do you think I was subtly implying there?
Very quaint

This is some next level shilling, day start had the Goddamn change immediately, not to mention seeing Barry's pm, I'd think you'd see the change.

You seem nervous Fire, I only pointed out that posting directly after someone called you out while you're generally M.I.A for the day isn't a good look. It looks like you're monitoring the thread. What's there to justify? It's a weird occurrence.
I noticed something while I was writing above replies to verelios, but I'm obviously biased on that one. Could someone please check if Verelios in his two big replies (1, 2) to me seems at least as interested in throwing shade at me as to debunk my points? Especially in the second one...
Partly because I was throwing shade, and partly because I can both throw shade and deconstruct your posts at the same time. Now, why wouldn't I?

Brah, said everybody ever. Going by this logic not a lot of people would be getting the rope

Hm, hm, amazing use of deflection. Not only do you give not one, but two alternatives for lynch you also try and progressively keep on topic with highly debated players. Stellar sport, great play.

Sawneeks

Banned
I wouldn't vote for Salva now, but if no one else voted and I had to choose between him and RF (let's say Ty put that gun he was passing around to my head and said choose) yes I would vote for Salva because I don't want to let my personal prejudice against RF lead to getting rid of a player who contributes. And I would rather have potential scum Royal stick around and make connections to others for even more info the next day, than risk potential scum Salva continuing to do the opposite.

But when other people vote this issue isn't quite as bad, because it's not just my personal issue of always gut scum reading RF, others would clearly think he was scum so I can take solace in the fact that it wouldn't just be me getting rid of him for bs petty reasons, as opposed to Salva who would then entirely be in that position for being useless.

Another thing is that, if it were just me, then there isn't really that much more info to be gained from one or the other, the other votes on the two of them make an impact in that regard, and seeing who voted Royal over Salva (and vice versa) would be of just as much use as the connections that Royal already has made with his post. What I mean by this is that ifit were just my vote on Royal all we really have is his flip and what he's already posted, having the rest of the people vote gives plenty a bit more info, as opposed to if I were to vote Salva we have the same issue but then there isn't really much to learn from the votes should others vote.

(I think maybe you looked at the first part of my previous post and thought it meant I would prefer a Salva lynch, when I meant the above thing about if I were literally the only person voting)

Hmmm, maybe it's because I haven't had lunch yet but I'm having trouble understanding. Let me see if I have this right.

-You wish to keep Royal alive because not only do you always Scum read him but because if Royal is Scum then keeping him around provides more info to be used later once we eventually flip him.
- You wish to get rid of Salva only if it was just you voting. From my understanding of this, it's just because you see him as dead weight and therefore just want him out of the game, not because you necessarily Scum read him.
- The only info we would gain from either flip would be mostly in the vote record despite what you said previously that keeping Royal around provides more info as he makes connections.

Do I have that right?

Sophia

That's why you're voting for me? I get the feeling playing completely honest as Town is not the optimal play in here...

Wouldn't optimal play as town be following up on your scum reads from D1?

I'm re-reading D1 Melon right now, wait to see what she says in regards to my above questions. She and you have suspiciously been ignoring each other for the most part.

Ty4on

Perhaps I can answer this since I was just in a game against Scum!Splinter.

In Price is Right, Splinter went in making logical posts every now and again before settling in to tunnel on Town!WAMD/Salva. He pushed for that lynch for roughly 3 Day phases and barely did anything else/barely commented on anything else. The last Day he was alive he backed away suddenly from the tunnel and claimed to be unsure. That Night phase, Ynnek ( our god-like Vig ) shot him.

While I won't confidently say I Town read Splinter this game, I will say he seems far more relaxed than he did compared to the last one. While things he did do stick out to me ( suddenly Town reading me on Day 1 with no prompting, backing away from the 'nicely established Sophia bandwagon' ) I actually Town lean on him right now, especially when compared to most other players.

I was thinking of Royal Flush. Sophia mentioned (lightly) gut reading Flush as town.

I don't even know what that means

Apparently if you don't get triggered by the things the majority seems to get triggered from but by other things instead or if your reason for a (as it turns out inconsequential) unvote at day end is not keeping track with the votecount and say the truth about these things, you get read as Scum.

Verelios

Apparently if you don't get triggered by the things the majority seems to get triggered from but by other things instead or if your reason for a (as it turns out inconsequential) unvote at day end is not keeping track with the votecount and say the truth about these things, you get read as Scum.
That doesn't sound helpful to town.

Sawneeks

Banned
I highly doubt that.

Oops.

My feelings kinda have. Haven't read him that closely, but the day end suspicion against you and me felt kinda genuine. Feels like a scum would've responded less impulsively and tried to convince us otherwise instead of scum reading us.

For some reason you and Ty get mixed up in my head a lot. I was thinking of this quote and attributed it to you when I said that, my mistake.

That's why you're voting for me? I get the feeling playing completely honest as Town is not the optimal play in here...

Wouldn't optimal play as town be following up on your scum reads from D1?

Sophia keeps stealing my responses but uh, yeah, what she said.

I was thinking of Royal Flush. Sophia mentioned (lightly) gut reading Flush as town.

...oh.

maybe I should step away and have lunch now, this is like the 3rd thing I have misread/misremembered now.

brb

Sophia

Also, I'm just gonna be upfront about this, but it's really infuriating to play with someone like SavlaPot. Here's his D2 stuff:

Speculation on setup and the role flip instead of scum hunting

Seems to have given up as a player apparently.

Doesn't appear to have any reads.

Like, I get that this game is fast. It's unfortunate and I apologize because I'm a big source of it, but... at least try to tunnel someone? Anything? What are we suppose to do if you're town besides lynch you and see if it's a mislynch? : \

Hmmm, maybe it's because I haven't had lunch yet but I'm having trouble understanding. Let me see if I have this right.

-You wish to keep Royal alive because not only do you always Scum read him but because if Royal is Scum then keeping him around provides more info to be used later once we eventually flip him.
- You wish to get rid of Salva only if it was just you voting. From my understanding of this, it's just because you see him as dead weight and therefore just want him out of the game, not because you necessarily Scum read him.
- The only info we would gain from either flip would be mostly in the vote record despite what you said previously that keeping Royal around provides more info as he makes connections.

Do I have that right?

- Not quite. I never said I wish to keep Royal alive, just that if it were only me voting I would vote Salva before Royal.
- The second point is more or less right, I might not scum read Salva but I also admit that there is a chance that he is scum and getting that conversation out of the way now would be beneficial.
-That's the opposite of what I was saying, we learn little from votes on Salva, but more from votes on Royal hence why I would rather have a Royal lynch should there be a tie because those votes plus his flip and posts would give us more info than the votes from a Salva lynch.

Fireblend

Banned
You seem nervous Fire, I only pointed out that posting directly after someone called you out while you're generally M.I.A for the day isn't a good look. It looks like you're monitoring the thread. What's there to justify? It's a weird occurrence.
tumblr_lv3t48oNLy1r20rgjo1_500.gif

If I attributed to Melon's post a percentage of the reason I decided to post at that moment, at what percentage would you say my decision to post then was scummy? 1%, 25%? I said I'd been busy in the first sentence of that post, so your observation was clearly there to serve 2 purposes: for someone to pick up and build off of, and so I could say "oh that's just when I had a chance to post, thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt" and for both of us to leave it at that, and then you were caught off guard when that was not my response. I can't think of any other reason and apparently you can't either. You didn't answer whether you would have said the same thing if my post and the one after it had been flipped, either.

And the "good/bad look" phrase reeks of a way to not say outright that something feels scummy; you even used it on yourself on day 1:

I'm comfortable with the vote because there's legitimate reason for it (I guess), going on people not quite liking the rng suggestion. That was my fault, I just threw it out there without really caring or believing it'd go through, but it was a bad look. I can live with that.

It just feels like you're giving yourself too many outs and afraid of committing to a straight read. That along with the fishy intentions for this whole conversation is what's giving me red flags.

Hmmm, so melonrabbit, right?

The first trigger was that she was one of the people that talked a lot about the triangle, which seems to be an easy target and easy discussion point without contributing significantly. That's when she first popped onto my radar as possibly Scum

Later came the - let's call it "very generous interpreted" - read of Topo. Now Topo was my Top Scum candidate at the time, but it was D1 so far from certain. It surely doesn't make me ignore that Topo called her a liar and noone really objected.

Those two factors together were enough for a possible D1 vote.

D2 is just solid. A bit of fluff from time to time, but mostly just between useful posts. I don't know, could easily be Town. But should be kept en eye on.

Top Bottom