• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Mafia |OT| Gotta Catch Em’ Scum!

Ty4on

What an awful top of the page post.

Really anything Flush, but her vote on you seemed the weirdest to me
and the tunnel is so nice and warm

What is your problem with actually looking at player interactions/votes? It sounds like you're trying to steer people away from getting legitimate reads into 'LIST LIST LIST' time.
I don't have a problem with looking at interactions. I think they are an important tool for finding Scum. As are posts in which people condens their thoughts about certain people (also called "reads-list" or "top-Town/top-Scum" lists. Why are you completely dismissing the value of the latter?

Couldn't be clearer but I'll state it in one sentence just for you. Do you find random fluff odd, yes or no? Simple right? Good.
Yes. Please point me to where I did say otherwise. However, I think that doing nothing but shitposting all day is even more odd. Do you disagree here?

Ayyyyy, here comes the swiveling. I had a problem with why he voted/unvoted, he gave a reason. You have a problem with me not continuing after that answer. Now, I want to ask what you expected to hear other than that?
Possible follow-up questions include, but are not limited to
- "Why Bronx-man instead of other inactives?"
- "Did you not have a real Scum read?"
- "Why did you even place your original vote on Bronx to begin with if you didn't want it to go through? RNG? Prod?"

Answers that look like Scum/Scum interactions or someone asking questions he isn't really troubled with include, but are not limited to
- "Fair enough, given the circumstances."

Very quaint
No, I'm serious, what did you think I implied with that? Because I think you think something else than I think.

This is some next level shilling, day start had the Goddamn change immediately, not to mention seeing Barry's pm, I'd think you'd see the change.
You mean that nonsensical Charizard discussion and that very very safe answer? I tend to ignore fluff unless there is little other than fluff.

Partly because I was throwing shade, and partly because I can both throw shade and deconstruct your posts at the same time. Now, why wouldn't I?
Because with throwing shade you're trying to invalidate points made against you not by answering to them but by saying "I don't accept this point being made by you, because you did x". As long as you're answering (as it was the case for the most part of the first post) that's ok, it starts getting suspicious if the invalidating the person who asks the question replaces an answer.

Hm, hm, amazing use of deflection. Not only do you give not one, but two alternatives for lynch you also try and progressively keep on topic with highly debated players. Stellar sport, great play.
Sophia asked if I Town-read Topo now. Answer "no". Very likely follow-up: "so who is your Top-Scum now that Topo isn't anymore?". If that's your definition of deflection we seem to have different interpretations of the term.

Wouldn't optimal play as town be following up on your scum reads from D1?
I'll admit I've been slacking on Ferret. But I only have so much time (Should've been in bed 45 minutes ago actually) and I spent a good chunk of my Gafia-time yesterday doing the Verelios post.

Talk to me about Sophia, Flush.

What do you want to know?

General impression: At times she seems a bit afraid of doing her own thing or bows with the flow (that dual Topo vote together with me, now has a vote on me despite her gut reading me as Town...) I think there might be something about the doublevote she isn't telling us or that really was just very reckless play. Makes useful posts. Most of the common points against her are not very damning in my eyes. Do not lynch until she makes a decent Scum slip or we're close-ish to lylo, then re-evaluate (if still alive).

Ty4on

What do you want to know?

General impression: At times she seems a bit afraid of doing her own thing or bows with the flow (that dual Topo vote together with me, now has a vote on me despite her gut reading me as Town...) I think there might be something about the doublevote she isn't telling us or that really was just very reckless play. Makes useful posts. Most of the common points against her are not very damning in my eyes. Do not lynch until she makes a decent Scum slip or we're close-ish to lylo, then re-evaluate (if still alive).

Forgot about your defense of her >_<

I just wanna talk about anybody but Verelios with you. Stanley?

Ty4on

I'll admit I've been slacking on Ferret. But I only have so much time (Should've been in bed 45 minutes ago actually) and I spent a good chunk of my Gafia-time yesterday doing the Verelios post.

Maybe tomorrow. I'll try to force myself to read your posts more indepth tonight.

Verelios

I'm going to split my replies into two posts.
tumblr_lv3t48oNLy1r20rgjo1_500.gif

If I attributed to Melon's post a percentage of the reason I decided to post at that moment, at what percentage would you say my decision to post then was scummy? 1%, 25%?
That would be pretty scummy yes, taking a reactionary stance.
I said I'd been busy in the first sentence of that post, so your observation was clearly there to serve 2 purposes: for someone to pick up and build off of, and so I could say "oh that's just when I had a chance to post, thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt" and for both of us to leave it at that, and then you were caught off guard when that was not my response.
I'm confused. I made an observation, the way you posted can only be attributed to binary reactions: You just decided to post then or you posted because of Melon's post directly above yours. Is there any other reason? And no, you didn't give me a reason, you just became defensive about why I made that observation.
I can't think of any other reason and apparently you can't either. You didn't answer whether you would have said the same thing if my post and the one after it had been flipped, either.
Did you ask that in prior posts? Because no, I wouldn't have minded at all if you posted before Melon since it wouldn't have stuck out. That makes no sense. My intial post is commenting on the strangeness of you posting only after Melon mentioned you.

And the "good/bad look" phrase reeks of a way to not say outright that something feels scummy; you even used it on yourself on day 1:

It just feels like you're giving yourself too many outs and afraid of committing to a straight read. That along with the fishy intentions for this whole conversation is what's giving me red flags.
201408_1932_gfcae_sm.jpg

Your post could have been construed in two ways, I decided to give you the benefit of the doubt BECAUSE I couldn't be sure which way it was. Either way, it didn't look good at the moment you posted, that's suspicion, not a scumtell. This conversation only continued because you haven't given a straight answer on why you posted directly after Melon called you out (I'm guessing you'll say coincidence) and your belief I have some agenda against you, that's being overly defensive. As for not giving straight reads, okay? Am I supposed to bang on desks and go 'SCUM!'? I obviously have people I'm less than pleased with (*hint, emphasis mu) but you can tell from my posts.

Okay, now Royal time

Verelios I don't think you understood Fireblend's question. So I'll ask. Why is it a bad look for Fireblend, but not for me when I posted right after Fireblend and was also mentioned in Melon's post?

Verelios

I don't have a problem with looking at interactions. I think they are an important tool for finding Scum. As are posts in which people condens their thoughts about certain people (also called "reads-list" or "top-Town/top-Scum" lists. Why are you completely dismissing the value of the latter?
I'm not dismissing them, all I said was that I don't like to make scum/town lists that early. Do you want to see mine that badly? You're about where you'd expect.

Yes. Please point me to where I did say otherwise. However, I think that doing nothing but shitposting all day is even more odd. Do you disagree here?
I agree, you should probably fix that habit. What problems did you have with my post then?

Possible follow-up questions include, but are not limited to
- "Why Bronx-man instead of other inactives?"
- "Did you not have a real Scum read?"
- "Why did you even place your original vote on Bronx to begin with if you didn't want it to go through? RNG? Prod?"
Now you're being disingenuous. He already went through those questions, which is why I'm wondering if you went back to look.
Answers that look like Scum/Scum interactions or someone asking questions he isn't really troubled with include, but are not limited to
- "Fair enough, given the circumstances."
It's day 1. Anything a player said can be reasonable when given the circumstance, not to mention once can be accidental, but when it happens twice that's suspicious. Am I supposed to be witch hunting them at this point when what they did could be accidental and they gave an...explanation(I guess)?

No, I'm serious, what did you think I implied with that? Because I think you think something else than I think.
How many times am I going to give side eye today, just say what you meant then instead of dancing around.

You mean that nonsensical Charizard discussion and that very very safe answer? I tend to ignore fluff unless there is little other than fluff.
Convenient

Because with throwing shade you're trying to invalidate points made against you not by answering to them but by saying "I don't accept this point being made by you, because you did x". As long as you're answering (as it was the case for the most part of the first post) that's ok, it starts getting suspicious if the invalidating the person who asks the question replaces an answer.
Shade is very different from reasoning. If all I was doing was throwing shade I'm positive somebody else would've latched on by now. Stop trying to discredit my argument with saying it's shade, separate the two.

Sophia asked if I Town-read Topo now. Answer "no". Very likely follow-up: "so who is your Top-Scum now that Topo isn't anymore?". If that's your definition of deflection we seem to have different interpretations of the term.
No, I presume the term deflection we mean is the same, unless you mean it literally.

Oho, I'm honored

Sawneeks

Banned
okay i had food so now i'm good and slightly more coherent.

- Not quite. I never said I wish to keep Royal alive, just that if it were only me voting I would vote Salva before Royal.
- The second point is more or less right, I might not scum read Salva but I also admit that there is a chance that he is scum and getting that conversation out of the way now would be beneficial.
-That's the opposite of what I was saying, we learn little from votes on Salva, but more from votes on Royal hence why I would rather have a Royal lynch should there be a tie because those votes plus his flip and posts would give us more info than the votes from a Salva lynch.

-But getting rid of Salva over Royal means Royal stays alive for another Day ( and Night ) phase. So while it might not be your intention, wanting to go after Salva inadvertently leaves Royal alive.
-Okay, thank you.
-Sooo I think I get what you mean now. You would rather get rid of Salva but Royal is the more beneficial lynch in your eyes??? I think.

Apologies for asking you more about this in circles, I'm just trying to understand what you're going for here.

That's why I'm being honest. To be helpful. Got me 3 votes so far. (I count *Splinter since his initial trigger was the statement that I usually am a Null-read the first few phases)

I don't think that is what Sophia is asking.

If you are being completely honest here then why did you not follow up on Topo? That's what I interpreted Sophia's question as because it's in response to you comment that you had not noticed any change between Day 1 Topo and Day 2 Topo. Seeing as you had Topo as your Top Scum on Day 1, there is a disconnect here since you claim he has not changed but at the same time you haven't done much in terms of engaging him this Day phase.

GAF Mafia |OT7| Because I think you think something else than I think.

Verelios

Verelios I don't think you understood Fireblend's question. So I'll ask. Why is it a bad look for Fireblend, but not for me when I posted right after Fireblend and was also mentioned in Melon's post?
It stood out to me because he was the name on top of Melon's list and he was also directly below her post. I made the association in passing.

Verelios

I just woke up for a moment and remembered to post this before I forgot. This was probably one of the worst times to post Fire, right after Melon called attention to you. Not a good look. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt as I'm not sure if that's what happened.
Just for easier viewing, this was my intial observation

I didn't see Melon talk about Royal really in Day 2 for the most part. There was this mention of Royal in regards to Verelios and mentioning that Royal hasn't explained his vote.

And yet...

... Royal isn't on her list of people she'd like to hear more about?

She was also discussing Verelios, like Royal is now.

Melon, is there any particular reason you're not discussing Royal? Did I miss some discussion for D2? Any particular reads on him?

I was listing people that hadn't posted or really engaged in the D2 discussion up until that point. I had Royal on the list but since he just posted before I got a chance to post I took him off.

As for you second point:

No. You're fine. School is stressing me out also. I'll give a brief rundown as I've got to go to bed soon. More tomorrow.

Splinter is, worrying, making a lot of sense and I now read him as town. Royal's involvement in the conversation seemed forced and I don't see why he's defending Sophia as much as he is or making references to that fact in a dismissive manner. I've only played one game with him (Danny Phantom) that I can recall - very tired - and something just feels off. I think he's scum.

However, if he's scum than likely Sophia is not as I just didn't see scum defending scum where it would draw so much attention to both.

okay i had food so now i'm good and slightly more coherent.

-But getting rid of Salva over Royal means Royal stays alive for another Day ( and Night ) phase. So while it might not be your intention, wanting to go after Salva inadvertently leaves Royal alive.
-Okay, thank you.
-Sooo I think I get what you mean now. You would rather get rid of Salva but Royal is the more beneficial lynch in your eyes??? I think.

Apologies for asking you more about this in circles, I'm just trying to understand what you're going for here.

- I guess in this scenario you could think of it that way yeah. I don't really want to go after Salva, and I probably won't vote Salva now, but if it the lynch was purely my decision and I had to choose between Salva, RF, and CM then yes I would go for Salva and keep RF (and CM) alive. If only because there would be potential for more info after another day and with others votes, and I don't feel that my gut reads justify lynching another person by my own decision.
- I wouldn't rather get rid of Salva, I can understand the reasons for a Salva lynch, I do think Royal is the more beneficial lynch in terms of info, but it would cost us his contribution.

That's kinda my whole problem is it comes down to would I rather go for the lynch that doesn't give as much info, but gets rid of dead weight and removes an unknown, or would I rather trust my gut and lynch the person that gives info but at the cost of contributions?

Basically as an individual I would take the easy, lazy, sorta safe kill because I don't know if I should trust my gut and I don't necessarily want to lose Royal over my gut yet. But I do think that Royal would be the better lynch for us as town.

Your fine, I like being asked questions, and if you don't understand something you should probably ask, but I'm worried that my answers don't make sense to others since explaining my thoughts tends to be weird.

Sophia

I don't think that is what Sophia is asking.

If you are being completely honest here then why did you not follow up on Topo? That's what I interpreted Sophia's question as because it's in response to you comment that you had not noticed any change between Day 1 Topo and Day 2 Topo. Seeing as you had Topo as your Top Scum on Day 1, there is a disconnect here since you claim he has not changed but at the same time you haven't done much in terms of engaging him this Day phase.

That is the correct interpretation.

I was listing people that hadn't posted or really engaged in the D2 discussion up until that point. I had Royal on the list but since he just posted before I got a chance to post I took him off.

As for you second point:

Do you still think he's scum then? If so, would you be willing to lynch him today? If no to either question, would you be willing to lynch?

El Topo

Random question: Did Sophia use her power yet, i.e. give a highlighted command (if I recall her double vote ability correctly)?

El Topo

Well, there goes that one big "GOTCHA!" moment regarding roy. Won't finish my notes on him for now, partially because his posts are occasionally long and split up into multiple responses, but also because it's pretty late.

Sophia

Well, there goes that one big "GOTCHA!" moment regarding roy. Won't finish my notes on him for now, partially because his posts are occasionally long and split up into multiple responses, but also because it's pretty late.

Big "GOTCHA!" moment?

Ty4on

I still don't quite understand the Flush votes. I'm not really town reading him, but his posts didn't stick out as being terribly different from the Flush I've seen before. Maybe a little less bite, but then that other game had town eating itself.

His weird defence of Sophia also seems odd if they are W/W. There's precedence of him defending scum as town like when he defended Worthy in Danny Phantom.

Sophia

I still don't quite understand the Flush votes. I'm not really town reading him, but his posts didn't stick out as being terribly different from the Flush I've seen before. Maybe a little less bite, but then that other game had town eating itself.

His weird defence of Sophia also seems odd if they are W/W. There's precedence of him defending scum as town like when he defended Worthy in Danny Phantom.

I must admit his defense is weird (Why would scum make that defense? As it would undoubtedly verify me as townie when he flips), and melon's straight vote on him is giving me pause. But I'm not changing it unless someone proposes a better lynch target and with reason.

Ty4on

Haven't really worked my way through them, but from my reading his Verelios interaction looks like solving. Solving I don't quite agree with, but it feels like that's just because we have a difference of opinion.

Maybe with kinda forced convolutions? Again Flush' way of writing can be a bit hyperbolic so it doesn't feel that out of the ordinary.

The elephant in the room is that Sophia's vote felt really opportunistic and the shift from town reading to scum reading Flush felt fake. I could see her bussing, but that felt like "Oh, didn't know how much town scum read him".

Sophia

Haven't really worked my way through them, but from my reading his Verelios interaction looks like solving. Solving I don't quite agree with, but it feels like that's just because we have a difference of opinion.

Maybe with kinda forced convolutions? Again Flush' way of writing can be a bit hyperbolic so it doesn't feel that out of the ordinary.

The elephant in the room is that Sophia's vote felt really opportunistic and the shift from town reading to scum reading Flush felt fake. I could see her bussing, but that felt like "Oh, didn't know how much town scum read him".

Honestly, the whole conversation of Verelios and Him seemed like a difference of opinions to me. It was snarky, but nothing particularly stood out that made me town read or scum read either of them off that.

I don't know what to think of Verelios, thinking about it.

Ty4on

I must admit his defense is weird (Why would scum make that defense? As it would undoubtedly verify me as townie when he flips), and melon's straight vote on him is giving me pause. But I'm not changing it unless someone proposes a better lynch target and with reason.
You should've been town, then you could've found that lynch target >.<

Ty4on

Honestly, the whole conversation of Verelios and Him seemed like a difference of opinions to me. It was snarky, but nothing particularly stood out that made me town read or scum read either of them off that.

I don't know what to think of Verelios, thinking about it.
Verelios came across as very direct IIRC. Got me feeling better about him.

Sophia

Honestly, it feels like we aren't hearing from everyone still. I've already made commentary on TheGoddamn (and am considering a vote switch to him), and SalvaPot. There's also Blarg I need to re-read over. Roy seems agreeable a bit, but nothing stuck out too much when I read over stuff. I need to look at Dusk Soldier, and I'm town reading Ty4on right now. I feel a little bit better about El Topo, and Sawneeks is pretty townish. Melonrabbit I'm uncertain of but if Royal flipped scum I'd look more at her....

Lesee... Gorlak's been aggressive. Lone_Prodigy really hasn't been there (viable lynch too?) from what I can tell, but do need to re-read over. What about Ynnek? Splinter made a strong read of Royal, but obviously we'd need Royal to flip to see what that says about Splinter. I dunno about Nin, Ynnek or Stanley, and Christina Mackenzie was all over the play D1. And as the meme says, Always Be Lynching Fireblend!

Let me go read over people one by one. There's a lot of blind spots for me today, and I'm not playing at the top of my game.

Honestly, it feels like we aren't hearing from everyone still. I've already made commentary on TheGoddamn (and am considering a vote switch to him), and SalvaPot.

I believe everyone as already posted at least once this day phase. SalvaPot was maybe the last person to do so.

We already did that Day 1, let's not go down that road again. I don't think we'd learn anything from lynching TheGoddamn. Unless there was something suspect Darryl did on Day 1.

Gorlak behaving as usual, Ynnek7 and StanleyPalmtree seem that was as well. I read Stanley as town.

Isn't this your final form? Doing the exact same thing as Werewolf 1 thereby creating confusion about your alignment? The ultimate WIFOM?

Sophia

I believe everyone as already posted at least once this day phase. SalvaPot was maybe the last person to do so.

We already did that Day 1, let's not go down that road again. I don't think we'd learn anything from lynching TheGoddamn. Unless there was something suspect Darryl did on Day 1.

Gorlak behaving as usual, Ynnek7 and StanleyPalmtree seem that was as well. I read Stanley as town.

Isn't this your final form? Doing the exact same thing as Werewolf 1 thereby creating confusion about your alignment? The ultimate WIFOM?

In Werewolf 1 I had a literal panic attack due to social anxiety. Are you sure you want to go down that road? Think carefully. :p

Hey Stanley could you answer some questions for me when you have the time?

If your scum read on Bronx was based on his inactivity, why didn't you also list Salva on that top scum list during the first day?

Can you explain why you town read Melon, or is it more of a gut thing since you haven't been reading into her?

Were Verelios and Royal on your scum radar before or did something happen this day phase to bring them to your attention (I guess you said smaller they had scum vibes)? And are your feelings of Nin and Topo just left over from whatever reasons you had first day, or did they also do something new (please explain day one feelings to, I think I know but I'd rather be safe)

Since you've maybe had time to calm down how do you feel about CM now?

Dusk left you off the his Pokemon read list, didn't even assign you a random pokemon. How do you feel about that?

So Ferret, I'm presuming your read list isn't done yet

No it is not. Reading through all of your post now though, then CM's, then I need to go back and read Splinter and Sawneeks again, as well as a few others. So it's getting there.

Counter (just look for Burb's post)

bla_1474484400.png

(I can post this right?)

Sophia

You do realize I'm the bigger robot?

Double: Christina Mackenzie

Spare me. You're a terrible robot who has tried to spread FUD about me for almost this entire day phase and it makes up a significant fraction of your posts. Yet you're unwilling to place a vote on me.

Fair enough.

Having thought about it during the break, I've serious question marks over Sophia's alignment. It would have been incredibly useful for mafia/town if she kept it a secret until later in the game. She decide to use it on D1 on Blargonaut for suggesting that Ty-Sophia-Darryl(TheGoddamn) duke it which is pretty much par for what to expect from him. After doubling on Blargonaut she then goes back to voting for El Topo. Hard for me to decide if it is either town or mafia. Having never played with her, I don't know if that is how she usually plays.

I can't argue about the flavor, Piplup might be a safe claim or not.

If we decide to lynch her today and she flips town, I'm inclined to believe that the majority of the mafia team would have their votes else where, outside the Bronx-man votes.

Blargonaut, do you think Sofia is mafia? I'll admit the first thing that came to mind when she used her power was "Prepare for trouble, Make it double"

So do trainers continue to gain additional abilities as they collect more Pokemon? Seems overpowered to me.

nin1000 said so. And it checks out, Batsnacks had the DOUBLE ability, mafia aligned.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1199109&page=49

Also you were in that game...

So do you think she could be a trainer? Maybe a neutral? Her being neutral is an idea I had but only because I can't seem to put her in either the town or mafia camp.

Lady Gaga might still be out there. Her soul and spirit transferred to some unknowing little Pokemon, unprepared for the greatness that awaits them.

It's a little in-joke between the two of us. In my first mafia game, she and I both made it to the final day along with Makai, she was town and I was mafia. She lynched me correctly but in the end lost as town because of Makai's PR. Danganronpa mafia was the first sole neutral victory. Both of us felt pretty crappy after that.

I feel like I'm being singled out for the fluff posts, fine I can make only serious posts if you want.

My explanation for the no vote was included when I made it. Typing UNVOTE is shorter than VOTE: No Lynch, I don't see the big difference between either but no doubt someone will point it out. As far as I'm concerned, there were 4 people on Day 1 who decided to sit on the fence.

And for the record I'm inclined to lynch someone outside the Bronx-man vote for today. Maybe Sophia but only just to get confirmation that on Day 1 it was 2 town members who were on the chopping block.

If a Sophia lynch wasn't on the cards for today, who would you vote for?

Dusk Soldier asks if Fireblend should go today.

roytheone says he wouldn't be against it. So Fireblend needs someone else more scummy looking that he does, which is the no voters to stave off his lynch. That was what I was trying to say in the bolded.

Yeah, I guess it's something of a OMGUS vote. I haven't gone over his posts in any detail. It's just that I find his reasons for suspecting me extremely petty.

I'd say Sophia is my preferred vote but only just.

Let's say you could only vote among the no lynch/no voters, SalvaPot, Royal_Flush and myself. Who is more scummy to you? I'm interested too know as someone who also does poor reads.

Meta speculation into other games, random speculation about mechanics, subtly suggesting you're going to vote for me while not actually doing so. And now you're using my very first game as sarcasm. The whole works really.

So back up your stuff with a vote, or get melted down into the scrap metal that you are.

Sophia

And Ty4on you can spare me about flip flopping on my Royal vote too, because I'm sure you're just foaming at the mouth to point that out again.

Burbeting

Banned
sophia (1)
gorlak 830
thegoddamn 1044 (1155)

verelios (1)
melonrabbit 832 (871)
fireblend 1226

roytheone (0)
sawneeks 836 (911)
blargonaut 985 (1015)

dusk soldier (1)
roytheone 872

nin1000 (0)
sawneeks 911 (1285)

stanleypalmtree (0)
verelios 923 (988)

blargonaut (0)
blargonaut 1015 (1161)

royal_flush (3)
*splinter 1129
sawneeks 1285
sophia 1291 (1342)
melonrabbit 1326

unmasked ferret (0)
blargonaut 1167 (1201)

salvapot (1)
blargonaut 1201

thegoddamn (1)
ty4on 1255

christina mackenzie (2)
sophia 1342
sophia 1342

Ynnek7

Just got home and settled after my weekly D&D game, so time to get some posts in.

I want to say, throughout today, for all the people who felt that my vote on day one was suspicious Fireblend has pushed the hardest. For a while earlier, I was planning to place my vote on him just out of a bit of frustration.

Having time to think on it, though, I think that's a pretty townie thing you're doing. A lot of people have said my vote was suspicious, but you at least kept pushing after I gave my explanations.

So for now I'm reading Fireblend as town.

Sawneeks

Banned
- I guess in this scenario you could think of it that way yeah. I don't really want to go after Salva, and I probably won't vote Salva now, but if it the lynch was purely my decision and I had to choose between Salva, RF, and CM then yes I would go for Salva and keep RF (and CM) alive. If only because there would be potential for more info after another day and with others votes, and I don't feel that my gut reads justify lynching another person by my own decision.
- I wouldn't rather get rid of Salva, I can understand the reasons for a Salva lynch, I do think Royal is the more beneficial lynch in terms of info, but it would cost us his contribution.

That's kinda my whole problem is it comes down to would I rather go for the lynch that doesn't give as much info, but gets rid of dead weight and removes an unknown, or would I rather trust my gut and lynch the person that gives info but at the cost of contributions?

Basically as an individual I would take the easy, lazy, sorta safe kill because I don't know if I should trust my gut and I don't necessarily want to lose Royal over my gut yet. But I do think that Royal would be the better lynch for us as town.

Your fine, I like being asked questions, and if you don't understand something you should probably ask, but I'm worried that my answers don't make sense to others since explaining my thoughts tends to be weird.

Okay, now I get it.

Thank you.

Considering these options who would you lynch today? Not on an individual basis but as the person you will most likely place a vote on this Day phase. You seem hesitant on Royal, which is why I am asking this question again.

Had a bit of a crisis after getting home from work. Will be back tomorrow morning. I apologize.

No worries, Melon. c:

As I haven't played with Flush in quite a while this is the only game I really have anything to go off of in regards to reading him. I admit my Day 1 read of Flush is hazy at best and I plan to go back tonight and take a look at his posts once more. This Day phase it's been a combination of a few different factors but his 'Topo was the Top of my Scum List for Day 1 and he hasn't changed since then but I won't question him' is the standout to me. As was his Sophia defense which, considering he was aware he fell into a trap of defending Scum in a previous game, sent off different scum flags since he clearly said he shouldn't but defended her anyway.

I stated it earlier, but if Flush flips Scum then I don't think either Sophia or Verelios is Scum along with him. Considering his back-and-forth this Day phase with Verelios I doubt they are Scum Buddies just butting heads and with Sophia it's highly unlikely that he would openly defend a teammate that way. Unless that's the point?? But then we get into WIFOM territory. >.>;

It is fully possible that this is a Town!Flush unknowingly protecting a Scum!Sophia, however my current read points at Flush being the more suspect of the two.

Since you don't seem to be for Flush, who do you have your eyes on this Day phase Ty?

Verelios came across as very direct IIRC. Got me feeling better about him.

I don't think I've stated it quite yet but, to be honest, I feel the same. Watching the discussion between Royal and Verelios has made me feel better about the latter, not so great about the former. Hence my Royal vote as opposed to Verelios. I still scum read Verelios' actions from Day 1 but for this Day phase he has been putting in work: calling out people on questions, getting people to speak up on different subjects, and generally asking questions I would have asked myself lol. Either he is Scum and is hauling ass to get Town Read ( in which case, I applaud the commitment ) or I was wrong on my Day 1 read and he is now finally coming out of his shell.

Town is not something I would put Verelios in quite yet ( there are a couple things I don't like from his Royal discussions ) but he has fallen from the Top of my Scum list to the mid-low range.

Top Bottom