• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Civil War RTS games ?

Blueingreen

So after watching Glory and Gettysburg recently amazing movies btw especially the former, I'm really in the mood for some civil war action, I figured the best route to go is an RTS, a genre I've dipped my toes in a few times but not jumped in the deep end. GAF what are some excellent RTS games based on the American civil war you can recommend, ideally I want something that plays alongside Total War, but i'm more than willing to expand my horizons so long as it's excellent.

I can only imagine playing said game with this score in the background...so good.

https://youtu.be/X051oLwVM8I

Spectone

There have been a lot of computerized war games based on the American Civil War but most of them are TBS. The only one that comes to mind is Johnny Reb but that is a TBS and was released in 1983. A bit of searching reveals that Sid Meier's Gettysburg was a RTS of sorts released in 1997 unlike several of his other titles there has been no recent update. There was one sequel Antietam released in 1998

Looking through Steam I see mention of one game I had forgotten about, Ultimate General: Gettysburg. I like the look of the graphics on that one but have personally never played it. It has a 84 meta critic rating.

cHaOs667

There have been a lot of computerized war games based on the American Civil War but most of them are TBS. The only one that comes to mind is Johnny Reb but that is a TBS and was released in 1983. A bit of searching reveals that Sid Meier's Gettysburg was a RTS of sorts released in 1997 unlike several of his other titles there has been no recent update. There was one sequel Antietam released in 1998

Looking through Steam I see mention of one game I had forgotten about, Ultimate General: Gettysburg. I like the look of the graphics on that one but have personally never played it. It has a 84 meta critic rating.

Ultimate General: Gettysburg is a great game - it's pretty tough but i also love the scenario.

Blueingreen

Ultimate General: Gettysburg is a great game - it's pretty tough but i also love the scenario.

Absolutely. It's a fantastic little strategy game that's tons of fun.

Just seen a few gameplay video's looks very sid meier but with better graphics, will absolutely check this out. I also heard there is a civil war mod for Total War Napoleon if that's any good ?

Bastables

Just seen a few gameplay video's looks very sid meier but with better graphics, will absolutely check this out. I also heard there is a civil war mod for Total War Napoleon if that's any good ?

Just go with Ultimate General, it's done by a Total war modder at any rate.

I've been playing Civil War 2 by Matrix games on steam. If your interested in grand stategy, I.e not in the vein of Total War I recommend checking out out.

Top Bottom