• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think this is the E3 that Sony announces APP services like ESPN, UFC, etc?

Afrikan

Ones that have been exclusive to Xbox for awhile now?

I don't know the sales disparity in the US between the PS4 and XboxOne...but with the success of the PS4, I'm wondering if that has given these services providers more incentive to expand.

I doubt Comcast would join. But with the UFC still trying to expand as a brand, I would think they might be next.

For me, it's not that big of a deal...thankx to Chromecast and my smart phone. But these apps on the Xbox, look nice and seem to have more features during live events.

DOWN

Banned
Comcast still hasn't unlocked HBO GO for PS4 even though it has been on Xbox 360 and Bone forever

RIP

_DiGiTaL_

I really hope they don't waste too much time on it.If they do announce any of that stuff I hope they don't focus much on it.

Afrikan

Comcast still hasn't unlocked HBO GO for PS4 even though it has been on Xbox 360 and Bone forever

RIP

Comcast straight up asked Sony, wassup with the VUE? Sony was like "aaaaah about that". Then Comcast was like, "yeah we cool, you do what you do"

It depends on whether Sony wants to continue the "For the gamers" style marketing campaign. They probably don't want any complaints about too much TV stuff.

The fact that some apps are still lacking on PS4 is mind boggling. It's obvious at this point that it is selling well and will continue to sell well. I just don't get why you wouldn't want your app on it.

Also if the PSTV had Netflix/Hulu I would buy 4 more of them. probably the most headscratching omission I've seen.

RIP

Fuck HBO Go. Get HBO Now and free yourself from the reign of cable companies. Hell, that exclusivity deal with Apple just ended so any device is fair game at this point.

Fuck HBO Go. Get HBO Now and free yourself from the reign of cable companies. Hell, that exclusivity deal with Apple just ended so any device is fair game at this point.

You lie. I am looking at the website right now and I can't since I don't have Optimum as my cable provider.

DOWN

Banned
Comcast straight up asked Sony, wassup with the VUE? Sony was like "aaaaah about that". Then Comcast was like, "yeah we cool, you do what you do"
Comcast is part of Vue. They licensed NBC and all of their other networks to Sony. Comcast and sony aren't mortal enemies at all.

I love all my xfinity on demand shows

RedAssedApe

Banned
crossing my fingers for cw, fox, cbs, nbc, abc apps. hulu can go screw itself. although im guessing we wont see these because of vue

I just want the Plex App on PS4 to support the Free Plex users and not just the paid Plex users. Sony said that was coming for the Free Plex Users at some point.

Or just implement DLNA so we dont have to use Plex. I am using Plex now to stream my media through the PS4's web browser on the Plex Web Page. It works fine, I would still rather use the dedicated app or just DLNA integration.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I just want the Plex App on PS4 to support the Free Plex users and not just the paid Plex users. Sony said that was coming for the Free Plex Users at some point.

Or just implement DLNA so we dont have to use Plex. I am using Plex now to stream my media through the PS4's web browser on the Plex Web Page. It works fine, I would still rather use the dedicated app or just DLNA integration.

i dont think this is up to sony. once plex for ps4 goes out of beta it should be cheaper as you shouldn't need the plex pass subscription anymore just pay the one time fee for the app.

Afrikan

Comcast is part of Vue. They licensed NBC and all of their other networks to Sony. Comcast and sony aren't mortal enemies at all.

by law they have to work with Sony, regarding their NBC channels and content.

but as far as everything else....well

http://www.fiercecable.com/story/le...comcasts-leeriness-playstation-vue/2015-04-21
Leaked Sony emails reveal Comcast's leeriness of PlayStation Vue
In one February email subject-lined "Comcast difficulties," Sony executive Jonathan Pearl, executive VP of legal compliance, said the two companies had discussed placing the Xfinity TV app on Sony TVs. But Comcast balked, citing concern over an initiative referred to at the time as "SEN TV." That service, an over-the-top pay-TV service, would later be rechristened PlayStation Vue and launched in select markets last month.

"Currently, Comcast is telling [Sony Electronics] they will not have further discussions about Xfinity unless we 'explain' Sony's plans for SEN TV, because '... SEN TV may compete with Comcast,'" the email said.

In that email, Pearl says he's hopeful that the distrust can be "smoothed out." And in a response, Sony Entertainment CEO Michael Lynton describes the impasses as "resolvable."

As Pearl outlined, Sony COO Phil Molyneaux had met with Comcast Cable CEO Neil Smit in 2013 to discuss putting the Xfinity app on Sony 4K TVs. Ultimately, Comcast launched its 4K programming service late last year with Samsung as its exclusive CE partner.

Afrikan

Why do you say they must work with sony on their channels? Disney/ABC/ESPN aren't joining Vue

when Comcast was allowed to buy NBC...that was one of the stipulations by FCC before the go ahead.

it's just not Sony, it's any company that wants to use their channels and web content services. They can't deny anyone.

Afrikan

well shit... took long enough, but WATCHESPN is finally on PSN. (couldn't find a thread on it)

Still waiting for UFC FightPass. :/

Top Bottom