• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Grumps (aka Egoraptor plays some games)

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I'm so glad they're doing PepsiMan. I wish I owned it. I love the idea. I love the art style. (Even though it's just due to PSX limitations, it looks really nice and low-poly.) If it weren't for the PlayStation's terrible texture warping, it'd look more amazing.

I love product placement based video games as long as they're done well. Which is why I love Sneak King. I don't care, I had a lot of fun with it when it came out. I regret not collecting the other two games.

Rated-G

Grumps Dream Course makes me so happy. Kirby's Dream Course is one of my all time favorite games, and I've enjoyed both times the Grumps have played it. It's so cool seeing all these new courses and badass Kirby style covers of NSP and Starbomb songs. I wish I could get the game onto my Wii U, I've played the multiplayer hundreds of times and would kill for more courses.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
That's the kind of fan dedication I like in my fan games.

I kinda wish Arin had made a joke "no, this is just a one-off" and when Danny asks "really?" Arin would say "What? Hell no! We're playing this until the end!" Then Danny would be happy and go "yaaayyy!!!"

Vlad

That's the kind of fan dedication I like in my fan games.

I kinda wish Arin had made a joke "no, this is just a one-off" and when Danny asks "really?" Arin would say "What? Hell no! We're playing this until the end!" Then Danny would be happy and go "yaaayyy!!!"

What I would like is for at least one of them to actually learn the game without letting the other know. As amusing as it is watching them fumble around, not using the various powers, spins, curve/bounce shots, etc, I don't know if I can handle 100+ courses of it.

They even made a point of mentioning the nice manual that people put together for them.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
You're telling me the whistling song isn't in every scene in the game? :p
It could be. But for scripted cut scenes they used audio from other long plays of the game. So yes, it might actually be in every single cut scene.

The gameplay however is all improvised. Music from the soundtrack. Enemy sounds recorded with a microphone. At one point they added a "HE'S GOT A GUN!" voice during a part where there wasn't anyone else around and he was just using the gun to experiment with the weird red netting blocking the way.

It's pretty entertaining. The best part being that the commentary can't comment on it because they didn't know they'd have to do this later. It also explains why they stopped Deadly Premonition for a while. Remember that lost Pokémon episode that they ended up replacing with an animation?

I love when they have technical difficulties and have to improvise...

Except for all those alleged episodes they recorded with Justin Roiland that they say he "accidentally" destroyed just so he'd have to come back. I just want that GuestGrumps already!

Rated-G

I can't believe Kevin left!

Yeah, I was kind of shocked especially after seeing him in the 6969 video (even though that had been in production for so long). But I think it makes sense, he wanted something that scratched the particular KIND of editing itch he has, more suited to his skills. I'm sure Game Grumps was fun but sometimes even a job you like with people you love can be unfulfilling professionally... I wish him luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE_Zoggkp_c

Here's a short video by Ongaku Concept, a music-theory-meets-video-games channel I recently discovered, about the Game Grumps theme. There's some technical language here, but I think it should be pretty comprehensible to even the layperson. As a fellow musician, I thought it was pretty interesting. Enjoy!

Thanks for this, I enjoyed it. I'll probably check out some more on that channel, too.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I still liked Kevin even if he didn't fit. I wish him luck since he's doing what he wants to do. Hopefully they bring him back once in a while for a guest spot. Not editing but maybe playing a game or commentary.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I was actually thinking of playing Earthbound recently. The glowing praise from Retronauts makes me think I need to get around to it sooner or later.

I'll probably try to play through Beginnings first though.

Did they drop deadly premonition?

They were finally about to get to a decent section after all that god awful lumber mill combat hallway shit.

Rated-G

The amount of times Arin talks about eating at restaurants and getting horrible diarrhea is making me think it might be a problem with his digestive system as opposed to the food or restaurant in question...

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
The amount of times Arin talks about eating at restaurants and getting horrible diarrhea is making me think it might be a problem with his digestive system as opposed to the food or restaurant in question...

He clearly needs to drink more alkaline water.

Rated-G

is alkaline water even legit

If I remember right, it's good to help if you have gastrointestinal problems, so it legitimately might help Arin. Otherwise it's healthy occasionally, but if you completely replace your water intake with it, you can cause pretty bad imbalances with your body's natural acids, which can make you pretty sick. There's also a chance the minerals in the water won't break down well enough at that point and can cause buildup in your body. Tap water is still recommended over it, if you're in an area with good tap water... other wise, bottled spring water.

Village

Happened to see a bunch of linked tweets and noticed that Chris "Oney" sure likes the word "faggot".
Yeah

A lot of the sleepy cabin dudes do. And not even remotely black using "nigga". Hold over from newgrounds, i dunno what you wanna call it. But I image when featured they have to tone it down...alot

So did they just stop Dark Souls III right before the final boss? Because that's really fucking lame if so, and seems to be drastically overlooked...

*EDIT* My mistake, they still had the Unamed King to do as well as a few other things, but they COULD have finished it.

I was about to complain about the audio still not being there for Deadly Preminition after 20 episodes

But then the voice over said it would be back after the next 2 episodes lol

Chao

Happened to see a bunch of linked tweets and noticed that Chris "Oney" sure likes the word "faggot".

Chris is like a monkey with a machine gun, I can clearly picture Arin all tense when Chris is about the say something about women/gay people/other races.

He's out of control and they even had to edit out some stuff because it was probably super horrible.

Even though they deride it

They seem to be really enamored with Deadly Premonition. I don't think I've seen them react to a game like this before. They're like into it in a weird way..lol.

Even though they deride it

They seem to be really enamored with Deadly Premonition. I don't think I've seen them react to a game like this before. They're like into it in a weird way..lol.

That's pretty much everyones reaction who played it when it came out.

"This is fucking weird....but....why can't I stop?"

The very reason why It's as valued as it is today. I love that piece of shit game.

Oh my god.

Wow, Wand of Gamelon. When they said they wanted to play all of the Zelda games, they really meant ALL of the Zelda games.

Oh shit, it's about time they did the best game in the series
mah boy

Is their Deadly Premonition playthrough that good? For some reason, I stopped watching it after 6 episodes. It just didn't quite gel with me.

I don't really know if they're doing the game justice but if you haven't I'd watch the Giant Bomb Endurance Run or Two Best Friend's LP of it

Top Bottom