• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Mafia |OT| Gotta Catch Em’ Scum!

Blarg are you going somewhere with all this? Please get there faster.

I want you to assign me an arbitrary number value according to how mysterious you currently perceive me to be

higher doesn't necessarily mean more mysterious

just like lower doesn't necessarily mean less mysterious

The value must range from 1 to 15

Do we have a deal?

Fireblend

Banned
Agreed. I'm not liking how Fire just popped in and suggested we redirect and consider lynching Salva which seems a waste of time and our resources for the day.

Fire, what are your thoughts on what is currently being discussed? Stan? Splinter, Star or Blarg?

Why are you so sure Salva is a waste of our resources? I didn't "just pop in" and suggest it, I've been posting since yesterday and been met with no response at all, except for 2 very enthusiastic if trash responses when I asked why Splinter wasn't willing to lynch him, from Splinter and Stan, no less. How does that not raise all sorts of red flags? Don't pretend like I haven't been posting my leanings on today's vote just because everyone likes ignoring my posts for some reason.

Regarding those:

Stan > Blarg > Star > Splinter

Stan I link with Salva as mentioned above; he's been super inactive but he still took the time to jump in defense of Salva whom I also find incredibly scummy but is somehow lynchproof it seems and a waste of our resources according to you? Why?

Blarg I don't think will flip scum, but if he's an SK or some other sort of neutral he's not a town asset either and dead weight and I kind of want this conversation around him to be over.

Star is an odd case; I don't see a case for lynching her but if she's scum and has double-votes left we're screwed. Maybe I haven't been following the case against her closely but I don't scumread her other than the flavor-mechanics mismatch I already mentioned several times. I wish it didn't have to come to that sort of suspicion to lynch someone on D4.

Splinter I'm suspicious of but I'd lynch him on the condition of having lynch someone he's defended first and had them flip scum.

you can fuck off with that deal blarg

FwxeZ4q.gif

I want you to assign me an arbitrary number value according to how mysterious you currently perceive me to be

higher doesn't necessarily mean more mysterious

just like lower doesn't necessarily mean less mysterious

The value must range from 1 to 15

Do we have a deal?

Deal.

You're 4. The number of death.

roytheone

haha, that was good.
its very tiresome to play with blarg since he is like a princess. We as town have to beg him to play. In the end he does what he like and wastes a lot of time in it :)

The secret of Blarg is that he always plays anti-town, regardless of his alignment. Which actually makes him very hard to read.

Agreed. I'm not liking how Fire just popped in and suggested we redirect and consider lynching Salva which seems a waste of time and our resources for the day.

Fire, what are your thoughts on what is currently being discussed? Stan? Splinter, Star or Blarg?

I have noticed that seems the playstyle of Fire this whole game: popping in, making some remarks, often voting on a very safe candidate like Salva but staying away from the main lynch candidate (looking at LP's list, he hasn't voted on a single lynched person). It feels more like activity for activity sake then actually attempts to find scum. If I had to pick one of the inactive to lynch, it would probably be him.

What, I can't wonder if he actually was trying to pull a town gambit but backfired horribly?

I don't like gambits like that, and they're scummy as heck but it's also a move anyone can do, scum or otherwise. I can take a little caution in my actions, can't I?

Either Blarg or splinter. Blarg will probably not be around for day end so if he doesn't respond properly, I'm going assume he's taking the 5th and is the Second Night Killer.

How likely do you think a SK is in this game?

I think the second kill is from an SK, because I would have expected a real vig to have come forward by now to help clear up things. That does raise the question what happened on N1 though, since I doubt a SK will withhold a shot, that means either the scum kill or the SK kill failed somehow.

*Splinter

Why are you so sure Salva is a waste of our resources? I didn't "just pop in" and suggest it, I've been posting since yesterday and been met with no response at all, except for 2 very enthusiastic if trash responses when I asked why Splinter wasn't willing to lynch him, from Splinter and Stan, no less. How does that not raise all sorts of red flags? Don't pretend like I haven't been posting my leanings on today's vote just because everyone likes ignoring my posts for some reason.

Regarding those:

Stan I link with Salva as mentioned above; he's been super inactive but he still took the time to jump in defense of Salva whom I also find incredibly scummy but is somehow lynchproof it seems and a waste of our resources according to you? Why?

Blarg I don't think will flip scum, but if he's an SK or some other sort of neutral he's not a town asset either and dead weight and I kind of want this conversation around him to be over.

Star is an odd case; I don't see a case for lynching her but if she's scum and has double-votes left we're screwed. Maybe I haven't been following the case against her closely but I don't scumread her other than the flavor-mechanics mismatch I already mentioned several times. I wish it didn't have to come to that sort of suspicion to lynch someone on D4.

Splinter I'm suspicious of but I'd lynch him on the condition of having lynch someone he's defended first and had them flip scum.
Trash? Explain again why you think Salva is scum, because I don't remember anything you've said that wouldn't apply to every time he's been town.

Fireblend

Banned
I have noticed that seems the playstyle of Fire this whole game: popping in, making some remarks, often voting on a very safe candidate like Salva but staying away from the main lynch candidate (looking at LP's list, he hasn't voted on a single lynched person). It feels more like activity for activity sake then actually attempts to find scum. If I had to pick one of the inactive to lynch, it would probably be him.

smh @ this "popping in" trash again. I've been consistently commenting on most lynches so far; I even said yesterday that my vote for Verelios was there because it'd just be more dead weight towards TGD's inevitable lynch and I wanted to state where my thoughts were other than with the rest of town. I think I said I'd change my vote if things were swinging any other way than TGD.

Also, calling me inactive over Salva or Stan or Ynnek is pretty frustrating. Did you guys forget to unblock me on GAF or something.

I'm heading out, will be able to do short replies from my phone.

Not sure what to think about that Ferret claim. No results to speak of and withholding one claim. No counter claim though and pretty bad timing for a scum tracker to reveal, so I'll give it a pass.

Regarding those:

Thank you. I don't think Salva or anyone is lynchproof. I just don't think Salva is scum and being used by the actual scum team as a misdirection.

In terms of your order, I'd reserve Blarg and Star but I agree with most of your points. I do question why scum or our SK/vig didn't take Star out last night. With TheG lynched shouldn't she have her double vote back?

Fireblend

Banned
Thank you. I don't think Salva or anyone is lynchproof. I just don't think Salva is scum and being used by the actual scum team as a misdirection.

In terms of your order, I'd reserve Blarg and Star but I agree with most of your points. I do question why scum or our SK/vig didn't take Star out last night. With TheG lynched shouldn't she have her double vote back?
If you think Salva's being used as a misdirection do you think I'm scum? Because as far as I can see I'm the only one pushing for him. I'much more likely to be suspicious of Sketch tomorrow, given how the weight of a double vote will be way bigger as the game goes on.

If you think Salva's being used as a misdirection do you think I'm scum? Because as far as I can see I'm the only one pushing for him. I'much more likely to be suspicious of Sketch tomorrow, given how the weight of a double vote will be way bigger as the game goes on.

You're on the list. But not necessarily for the Salva push.

It concerns me you'd wait until tomorrow to worry about Sketch.

roytheone

smh @ this "popping in" trash again. I've been consistently commenting on most lynches so far; I even said yesterday that my vote for Verelios was there because it'd just be more dead weight towards TGD's inevitable lynch and I wanted to state where my thoughts were other than with the rest of town. I think I said I'd change my vote if things were swinging any other way than TGD.

Also, calling me inactive over Salva or Stan or Ynnek is pretty frustrating. Did you guys forget to unblock me on GAF or something.

I'm heading out, will be able to do short replies from my phone.

I never said those guys are not inactive, or even that you are more inactive then them. I said that out of the inactives, I scum read you most. If I had to order the inactives in how much I scumread them, it would probably be You>Stan>Ynnek>LP>Salva. Unless you count Dusk force as an inactive, then he will be in front of you.

nin1000

Banned
Inactivity, indifference, using forgetting about the game as an excuse, unjustified votes on town flips.

Not today, or rather there's like 5 people I'd lynch before.

who would those be ? i am generally interested since there are some people currently around.

Would you be down for a Yennek lynch ?

I still have a bad feeling about him and i would love to see him gone aswell.

Fireblend

Banned
who would those be ? i am generally interested since there are some people currently around.

Would you be down for a Yennek lynch ?

I still have a bad feeling about him and i would love to see him gone aswell.
Pretty sure I've listed them. Salva, Ynnek7, Stan, Blarg, Star. Yes I'd be for an Ynnek7 lynch.

nin1000

Banned
I apologize if that's the case. Still I feel like his general attitude throughout the game makes me feel frustrated towards him and that's influencing my read, I'll admit that.

No need to apologize since splinter has been playing really good as scum up to this point.

nin1000

Banned
RESET

VOTE: ynnek7

I dont know why i got distracted.
I rather get those out that are not contributing. The way he voted aswell his way of acting throughout the game made me vote for him.

this vote will be final aswell since i hope that others will join it and vote him out.

*Splinter

RESET

VOTE: ynnek7

I dont know why i got distracted.
I rather get those out that are not contributing. The way he voted aswell his way of acting throughout the game made me vote for him.

this vote will be final aswell since i hope that others will join it and vote him out.
Interesting timing

Sawneeks

Banned
For the other options, I'm against Salva as already said, not seeing anything unusual from him. Ynnek I'm pretty undecided on... At this point I wouldn't argue against his lynch, but at the same time it feels like Bronx. An ok lynch candidate, but gut tells me we'll be disappointed.

Hmmm. I had a thought last night before I went to bed.

What do you think of Salva being the SK? He is indifferent and doesn't seem to really care who gets lynched, fits the MO of a Neutral who just doesn't care for the Day stuff.

do note i had this thought after a few drinks + a migraine sooo

Interesting timing

Especially considering that his Ynnek vote is for 'not contributing' when Salva is WAY more guilty of that imo

Ynnek7

A few reads in case I get voted out:

Sawneeks- Fully town as far as I can tell. She's been putting in a lot of work to make sense of things. Only thing that could be held against her is that she's the last remaining member of a pokemon team where everyone flipped town.

Nin- I feel that he's town. Only thing that makes me doubt him is that he seemed to be giving Blarg a pass for that sarcastic promise to play differently.

*Splinter- I've felt that he was town, but I'm not really liking his string of claims. Probably just a gambit to try to get some info out of people, but since they didn't seem to work it's tough to tell.

Blarg- I honestly don't like his activity this game. Seems to me that he's trying to be more of a distraction than anything else.

Fireblend- Not sure why people are putting you on the inactive list. You seem to me like you're keeping up and contributing when you can.

Salvapot- Really, Really not liking his activity. I think someone described it as "coasting with a middle finger out". Tough to think that a scum team would be okay with that, but who knows, it seems to be working out for them.

StarSketch- I think that she's town. She's shown what I think is some genuine frustration at how others have been playing. Kind of tough to tell, though, since she's also the last remaining member of a pokemon team that all flipped town.

Hmmm. I had a thought last night before I went to bed.

What do you think of Salva being the SK? He is indifferent and doesn't seem to really care who gets lynched, fits the MO of a Neutral who just doesn't care for the Day stuff.

do note i had this thought after a few drinks + a migraine sooo

I was thinking Stan personally. Salva makes some sense I suppose.

Sawneeks

Banned
Also, Splinter, since you seem very keen on defending Salva I want you to state why you think he is Town without referencing his past games. Because so far Mr. 'you guys are so very boring' Salva has done a whole lot of nothing so far and I don't understand how you Town read that.

:/

At best he is a coasting Town who doesn't care ( still bad imo ) and at worst he is coasting scum who is acting like a shitty bond villain and twirling his mustache in the shadows.

For a vote

Vote: Verelios

Because I want people to come forward and get their opinions out since we are so close to the end. This is not a vote for who I want lynched, that is going to be reserved for either Salva/Ynnek/Blarg/possibly Star, but I want to start getting people out and talking first.

nin1000

Banned
..Only thing that makes me doubt him is that he seemed to be giving Blarg a pass for that sarcastic promise to play differently....

I think then you should doubt everyone, since almost no one is caring about him.
But for real now. For today my vote is set. Tomorrow however i will have to put my vote on him because of his way of playing. but that can be said about salva aswell. he is not even trying and on the same time does not want to get replaced.

Which is a sad thing indeed.

nin1000

Banned
Also, Splinter, since you seem very keen on defending Salva I want you to state why you think he is Town without referencing his past games. Because so far Mr. 'you guys are so very boring' Salva has done a whole lot of nothing so far and I don't understand how you Town read that.

:/

This is a question i would love to have responded aswell

nin1000

Banned
somehow i think that Blarg will be a shot in the dark.

can you give a reason SS why you want to have Blarg voted out today ?

Top Bottom