• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Blues1990

Which hero do we want nerfed today, ladies and gentlemen?

In all honesty, I wouldn't mind Lucio being hit. There are very few hard counters against a coordinated Lúcio team using his ability in a precision strike – the sheer scale of protection afforded is so high that most opposing heroes don’t stand a chance of penetrating it.

duckroll

What are the thoughts on 1v1 and 3v3? Essentially they're adding Deathmatch modes to Overwatch at last. Will it work well?

komaruR

wow for pc players. the updated plays.tv auto recording software now puts elimination markers on the video. very nice to see at which point of the video you got a kill
i think this is a must for pc ow player to record their gameplay. tho if you like to stream, you might wanna turn off plays.tv or the stream and the plays.tv app will have frame skipping. think you need like a 6+core to run both simultaneous? since I'm using a skylake i6700k non oc

QCl4Fi1.png

xaosslug

If people don't use her as devs intended then she is played wrong. If it's fault of players or devs depends on your point of view.

so, that complete retool is... what, exactly? Blizz finally owned up to it, IDK why the fans stay frontin. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What are the thoughts on 1v1 and 3v3? Essentially they're adding Deathmatch modes to Overwatch at last. Will it work well?
I think it would be cool if they added the ability to play on certain maps or sections of maps in addition to the one new small map. Think about it: Overwatch MGE.

Not to mention making crazy weird challenge maps that were intended to only be traverseable for certain characters to practice different things. There's a lot of cool things they could do with the format rather than just a smaller version of regular deathmatches.

Blues1990

Yeah I always considered Symmetra's turrets to be more of a surveillance system rather than being used for actual damage, given their pitiful health and damage output. At least that seemed to be the intention to me.

Wouldn't that make it difficult if Symmetra is the sole Support Hero on a team? Her shields can't do much.

I feel like Clown Man is most suitable in my case.

"Go away, clown man!"

Has anyone else noticed how the quality of matches is hugely dependent on when you play, or is it just me? Whenever I play on weekends the playerbase seems much more intent on locking into their mains, regardless of the situation.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Great OT. I should get back into OW - I got burned out a while ago but I want to try Sombra and the competitive season.

Thanks! ( *• ̀ω•́ )b Sombra does look rad, can't wait to try her out.

I think it would be cool if they added the ability to play on certain maps or sections of maps in addition to the one new small map. Think about it: Overwatch MGE.

Not to mention making crazy weird challenge maps that were intended to only be traverseable for certain characters to practice different things. There's a lot of cool things they could do with the format rather than just a smaller version of regular deathmatches.

Hell yes. I'm hoping that with all these new modes and Blizzard expressing interest in implementing a server browser in the future... custom maps/game modes become available at some point.

But yeah, 1v1 and 3v3 should be a fun way to work on DM.

xaosslug

Yeah I always considered Symmetra's turrets to be more of a surveillance system rather than being used for actual damage, given their pitiful health and damage output. At least that seemed to be the intention to me.

yeah, I always saw that as Blizz trying to cover their ass - 'HEY, THE TURRETS ARE AN ALL-SEEING EYE TYPE OF DEAL'... but not really, because 1) you are not given enough time before a match to set up all 6 turrets anyway, given the cooldown, and 2) it's largely pointless considering Hanzo & Widowmaker (and now Sombra) do the same thing w/ less fuss.

Apathy

so because I think pharah deserves better than where she is now, they really need to change it so her right click turns into thrusters in the air depending on what direction key you're holding, that her rockets are sped up and a direct rocket hit with a rocket is 150 damage and not 120.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
This will be the OT where I finally ding level 100 in QP.

I'm sitting at about 90hrs and am level 97. I have probably only played a hundred hours of maybe a half dozen games since I first got my GameBoy Pocket in '97.

Trying to think which games I've played more than Overwatch...

Pokemon R/B/Y
Phantasy Star Online Eps I&II
Halo 2

... Super Smash Bros as a whole? And Bloodborne is close.

The game drives me nuts sometimes. The content is light. The loot system is frustrating. And the community can be filled with a mixture of dicks and dumb asses at any time. But with all that said, Blizzard's core mechanics are sublime. This game just has so many layers, and the player agency is just so damn tight.

xaosslug

so because I think pharah deserves better than where she is now, they really need to change it so her right click turns into thrusters in the air depending on what direction key you're holding, that her rockets are sped up and a direct rocket hit with a rocket is 150 damage and not 120.

then she could kill Tracer w/ a single shot... I think Sombra's putting enough pressure on the Tracer community as is, bro. ;P

Apathy

then she could kill Tracer w/ a single shot... I think Sombra's putting enough pressure on the Tracer community as is, bro. ;P

she should, so should junk. Tracer has speed and the ability to blink. Rockets and nade have the most travel time. If i hit a tracer while I'm in the air with a direct hit, that is their fault, and the pharah needs to be rewarded. With no headshots possible with rockets and nades, a bump to direct hits to 150 but slightly lowering splash damage to compensate balances out between good aim and bad.

when's doomfist

I really want a in your face melee (fist) tank but what the game probably needs more is a tankier tank that could a similar job to rein, since right now hes basically a 100% pick

she should, so should junk. Tracer has speed and the ability to blink. Rockets and nade have the most travel time. If i hit a tracer while I'm in the air with a direct hit, that is their fault, and the pharah needs to be rewarded. With no headshots possible with rockets and nades, a bump to direct hits to 150 but slightly lowering splash damage to compensate balances out between good aim and bad.

Isn't that exactly what they were planning on doing? I seem to recall PTR patch notes that described something just like that.

xaosslug

There's no way there'll be 4 offense heroes in the meta, ever. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

i remember when peeps said Ana wouldn't replace Zen... but here we are. I mean considering how shield-heavy the meta currently is I can see Sombra's kit fucking the meta up... peeps think she's gonna replace a McCree, Reaper madness or the Ana/Lucio meta? We shall see...

MrPanic

New thread huh. Gotta say, that lootbox opening gif still triggers me.

Definitely gonna download that PTR this time around and get in on some early Sombra and 1v1 action, the new stuff looks like a lot of fun. Any new word on when it goes live, or is it still that Monday/Tuesday answer they gave at Blizzcon?

Great OT. I didn't post in the old thread because it moves too quickly for me. But here is a play on Mei I did last week. I've been giving her a bit more of a play of late. She's great.

Mei vs everyone

Blues1990

What I would really want is Pharah having a armour buff of some sort. She's wearing a full suit, yet all it takes is a couple of pellets to clip her wings, which using her whe there's a McCree/Roadhog/Soldier 76/Zenyatta around very tricky to fully utilize her tool kit.

New thread huh. Gotta say, that lootbox opening gif still triggers me.

Definitely gonna download that PTR this time around and get in on some early Sombra and 1v1 action, the new stuff looks like a lot of fun. Any new word on when it goes live, or is it still that Monday/Tuesday answer they gave at Blizzcon?
It will either be tomorrow or Tuesday, the latter in which is the most common day that Blizzard updates their games.

Finally watched the gold medal game from Blizzcon, not sure what I expected.

Edit: Oh, I didn't realize teams were put together by a community vote. Okay then. That would explain the lopsidedness.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
If you flip boop upside down you get poob

If you spin boop 180 degrees you get dooq

If you flip boop horizontally you get qood

All of this can be typed with your keyboard using normal characters. Clearly this is a clue for the Sombra ARG, guys. Can this be used as a cypher??

If you flip boop upside down you get poob

If you spin boop 180 degrees you get dooq

If you flip boop horizontally you get qood

All of this can be typed with your keyboard using normal characters. Clearly this is a clue for the Sombra ARG, guys. Can this be used as a cypher??

We have achieved lukewarm bowl of water status on page 2.

If you think spam explosives should kill any character in one shot then I am very glad that you aren't in charge of balancing the game.

B.O.O.M

I'm hoping they give another method to get the Oni Genji skin for console players. Not everyone plays on PC and it's honestly real stupid if they don't.

Anyways looking forward to teleport fuckery by Sombra in the coming weeks. Should be fun

ohkay

Do I get the first post complaining about being on a losing streak? Cause I've lost the last 4 games. FeelsBadMan

Blues1990

I'm hoping they give another method to get the Oni Genji skin for console players. Not everyone plays on PC and it's honestly real stupid if they don't.

Anyways looking forward to teleport fuckery by Sombra in the coming weeks. Should be fun
The simplist solution is to have the skin available for console users to purchase with in-game currency, along with no prerequisites.

MartyStu

Hmm. The new quick play cannot get here fast enough.

Sick and tired of multiple bastions on payload maps. They can be dealt with, but they are by no means any fun to play against.

There is a conversation to be had about Junkrat and Pharah balance. But I'm definitely not starting by upping their damage output. Pharah doesn't need to do more damage, she needs to stay alive longer.

-Armor
-250 HP
-'Helmet' passive, can't be headhsot.

All sound better to me. She does plenty of damage already.

cyborg009

Banned
Have you guys ever had teammates so bad that when you win the game your in complete utter shock?

Teammates were so bad that we had no cards. Just 4 reds.

Majine

Banned
How come you can stand on the chandeliers in the Eichenwalde castle, but not in the starting base of Kings Row?

Inconsistency!

Apathy

And you know exactly why that is, unless you are being purposely obtuse.

Thats the point, there is no bonus for a rocket or nade direct hit like headshot. 120 as a base for a direct hit should go up while splash goes down

You're worried that "omg it kills a 150 health character if it hits directly", ignoring the fact there is only one, unlike a hs arrow that can take out a 250 character (and lets not talk about scatter).

everyone else would survive if they increased the damage of direct hits by 50. Lowering splash to 10-65 (currently 13-80) makes it so those people that can aim still have to 2 shot any 200+ health person and get a bonus on the most annoying person to hit for them (have you tried hitting a tracer as someone that has travel time?)

maomaoIYP

There is a conversation to be had about Junkrat and Pharah balance. But I'm definitely not starting by upping their damage output. Pharah doesn't need to do more damage, she needs to stay alive longer.

-Armor
-250 HP
-'Helmet' passive, can't be headhsot.

All sound better to me. She does plenty of damage already.

I could live with this as a Pharah main. I'd be fine even without the helmet passive and just 250 HP, I've been two shot by McCrees way too often.

Top Bottom