• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Mafia |OT| Memento Mori

FluxWaveZ

Hunting inactive users seem like a good idea in paper, but let's give them the benefit of doubt that stuff in real life can get in the way. It would be better to lure them out with questions to make it possible to make reads on them.

This is just reiterating what's been said repeatedly already.

Style

Banned
This is just reiterating what's been said repeatedly already.

jLupVaE.gif

PK Gaming

This is a bit overly suspicious. If anyone has a 'good' argument against them I wouldn't mind chucking them off the island. What you're seeing is a reluctance to vote for people who are actively contributing to the thread, and if a lot more people were involved there wouldn't be such a reluctance.

I'm not saying I want them off the island, I was just singling them out as key players. Would players really be willing to vote for active players? That seems counterproductive to me, since there's a low chance of them actually being scum.

I...don't understand what this means. What are you basing this observation on? Anyway, why single out Sketch and not the 2/3 other players who haven't made waves?

Remember my earlier question? It's because I know personally Sketch. I'm not acquainted with any of the other players who haven't really stood out.

As pop GAF would say 'Show me the receipts!'. Style has been the topic lynchpin for a few pages so I'm not saying you took an easy way out, but I'd like some reasons why you have this opinion.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt as a new player that you're slowly getting used to things here but this is a bad look.

Style has made several unnecessary moves, such as claiming that he's "following Sorian's lead" and admitting to going with the flow. That to me, feels like he's he's cracking under pressure and trying to deflect.

Guess i'll make it official then:

VOTE: Style

TheExodu5

Banned
Is there any chance playing the death Arcanum would be considered a command of some kind? Or do all commands need to be highlighted?

I'm not feeling Style at this point. It's pretty typical for a new player and especially a townie to be indecisive and flip votes a lot in my experience. I don't get a particularly scummy read.

PK Gaming seems a bit more suspect in my eyes. Style seems like the easy vote and it seems overly bandwagonny at this point. Possibly scummy and trying to take attention off of fellow scummates.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm not saying I want them off the island, I was just singling them out as key players. Would players really be willing to vote for active players? That seems counterproductive to me, since there's a low chance of them actually being scum.

The chance of any active player being scum is not low at all. Experienced players will be more confident in playing an active role as scum.

The reason to leave active players alone at the start of the game is two fold: more discussion is always good for town, and active townie will be scum targets at night anyways. Those that aren't targeted may become more and more suspect as the game progresses. This, again, is more useful information for town.

VOTE: ii-vanguard-ii

Has not said anything in the thread after his rng vote, for somebody that rng votes within the first day to then become completely silent makes him suspicious.

Also welcome WhereAreMahDragonz

PKGaming being mostly gone, then posting almost immediately after getting called out for it (meaning he's likely been lurking), then following that up with a vote on the suspect du jour has me heavily leaning in his direction at the moment.

Natiko

Banned
PKGaming being mostly gone, then posting almost immediately after getting called out for it (meaning he's likely been lurking), then following that up with a vote on the suspect du jour has me heavily leaning in his direction at the moment.
I don't disagree, but I don't want to just pile on so I'm going to see what else develops before the day end.

Unvote

Nvm i was wrong you only unvote if you don't want to vote on somebody else. Sorry my bad guys should have read the rules more carefully.

19. To remove a vote from a player, you must present in the following format: UNVOTE: playername, via use of the highlight tag. It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text. It is not necessary to unvote before casting new vote for a different player; unvoting is simply to remove a vote without casting a new one.

PK Gaming

Style just seemed like the most likely suspect and I just wanted to move the game further rather than have the votes split even further.

And as I've stated earlier, I was never gone.

Style just seemed like the most likely suspect and I just wanted to move the game further rather than have the votes split even further.

And as I've stated earlier, I was never gone.

Not gone, just not active. Maybe nothing. Maybe avoiding the spotlight.

That sudden vote just screamed "Hey guys, not me! Remember Style? He's the one you want! I vote Style!"

The two who stand out most to me now are Style and PK Gaming. Style seems pretty frantic at this point, which could just be normal townie behavior if he's worried. Like others have said, PK Gaming jumped in at just the right moment to say he's still around and shift attention to Style.

PK Gaming

The two who stand out most to me now are Style and PK Gaming. Style seems pretty frantic at this point, which could just be normal townie behavior if he's worried. Like others have said, PK Gaming jumped in at just the right moment to say he's still around and shift attention to Style.

Jumped in at the right moment?

I made my post in response to these posts:

Where's our friendly neighborhood StarSketch anyway? Anything to add?

Have we heard much from Matt Attack or Kerned? Anyone else falling off the radar?

It was the perfect springboard to jump in and let people i'm still here, rather than stay inactive.

Jumped in at the right moment?

I made my post in response to these posts:

Where's our friendly neighborhood StarSketch anyway? Anything to add?

Have we heard much from Matt Attack or Kerned? Anyone else falling off the radar?

It was the perfect springboard to jump in and let people i'm still here, rather than stay inactive.

You didn't make it in response to these posts?

What do you think of PK Gaming?

Sorry I had to skim through the thread again (currently on mobile).

What sticks out to me is that they were more active prior to the game start than after. Once it started they put out one post just following along with the thoughts of most of us before hand deciding to not read too much into StarSketch's post regarding her role. Then they didn't post again until awhile ago and all they did was ask a question regarding meta analysis.

All in all I do think it's concerning that after all this time, with very few posts, and no vote placed they would want to make their first analysis post (potentially with a vote, who knows) be based on info outside of this game. Seems like an easy way for scum to try and focus us towards a townie, especially one with experience that could be useful going forward.

Now we don't know what PK Gaming was actually going to say with this post seeing as they still haven't returned to make it, but that's what my current thoughts are. For now I'll say null, but they could slip into scum territory depending on their future posts.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm inclined to give PK a pass. It was bandwagonny, but I'm not sure it was a scummy vote.

Style...you said Rynam and Rats posted in the last page with reads. I'm not seeing it.

I think Rynam is still suspect #1 for me. He's given himself away easily in past games and he's maintaining his silence this time around... and yet we've still ignored him completely.

Vote: Rynam

PK Gaming

And I'm talking about when you did that today.

Ah, thank you. It stays disabled on GAF, but not on the tool.

And what exactly is wrong with responding to Natiko's post considering he was directly talking about me?

Again, the narrative that I was "mostly gone" is patently untrue. I've been following this thread closely from day one, and responding to posts concerning me.

And what exactly is wrong with responding to Natiko's post considering he was directly talking about me?

Again, the narrative that I was "mostly gone" is patently untrue. I've been following this thread closely from day one, and responding to posts concerning me.

The narrative isn't that you're mostly gone, it's that you're lurking and maintaining silence.

And you just admitted to it.

So when someone mentioned you today, you chimed in and attempted to deflect suspicion.

VOTE: ii-vanguard-ii

Has not said anything in the thread after his rng vote, for somebody that rng votes within the first day to then become completely silent makes him suspicious.

Dude i've have posted several times after my vote check the thread again and you'll see plus isn't it kinda hypocritical of you to call inactive on me. i just haven't changed my vote because style hasn't given me a reason YET.

Also
Welcome to the game WhereAreMahDragonz.

Sorian

Banned
We need to converge our votes a bit here. They're too split and we're not putting pressure on anyone. Maybe newbies are too afraid to lynch.

Here's the reality: we're going to lynch someone and it's likely going to be town. We might get lucky and catch scum, but the odds are not on our side.

I would rather lynch inactive town than risk killing a townie who's actually contributing. For that reason I'm leaving my vote on BlackBuzzard until he responds with something of worth.

Votes are a bit stagnant, I will agree there. Style has cracked about as much as anyone can expect. Anyone sitting on him at this point is doing nothing pressure-wise. Inactive hunting is meh though. Will there be scum in the inactives? Yes, probably one at least, the issue is what Verelios said, it's a grab bag, you're shooting into luck and handwaving it with "we were probably going to hit town anyway!" is lazy and such an easy excuse for scum to hide behind. Pressure them, that's all well and good, we still have two days, but voting at day end to lynch inactivity because you'd rather kill someone who isn't contributing is lazy unless you actually think the person has done something suspicious.

I'd say Vanguard is just as inactive, all of 6 posts if I saw right and he's parroted others (the OMGUS thing with exmachina for example) and he's slid right into that Style vote all cozy but let's not forget that he started on there as a complete RNG vote when the game was already enough in swing that he saw behavior he didn't like but still opted to RNG instead of voting that behavior.

Vote: PK Gaming

You might answer on this next page I'm going to read but why?

Top Bottom