• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#popMAFIA | So don’t let this be our final song

Since you feel 'very strongly' on your scum reads and you're basing it on contributions can I ask why you 'strongly' scum read me? Say, compared to someone who have not contributed as much like Crab or Flame?

or do you just really not like the vote I have on you right now?

As a newbie, I don't have prior experiences with the other players and since this game is based on information, I can't deduce Crab or Flame's leanings so far. There is something to be said about Burbeting's comment about the OMGUS vote to multiple people, but I don't necessarily think the strategy is unsound, it's a reaction on the defensive.

The fact that Burbeting is so against the OMGUS vote makes me believe that either he doesn't like the votes that are being casted towards those players, that he believes it's a bad strategy, or he is throwing suspicion on those players. Two of the three are valid reasons to suspect Mafia.

As for you, my vote is defensive due to the initial prod vote. I understand your intent for the vote, to stimulate discussion, but my goal is to figure out who's scum and I believe my vote has achieved the same goal. Thank you.

VOTE: Burbeting

Not

Banned
VOTE: kryptikjoker

I know this'll bring the heat on me, which is why I tend to fluff, but I know I as a newbie wouldn't spend three paragraphs trying to suddenly defend myself with straightforward logic. Reeks of newbie tactics, if I'm familiar enough with RL mafia

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

No Lynch (2)
CCS .137
Evilisk .142

Crab (2)
Coppanuva .91
Burbeting .193

Burbeting (2)
Kalor .105
kryptikjoker .201

combine42 (1)
QuantumBro .93

Not (1)
Pop-O-Matic .90

Bronx-Man (1)
Bronx-Man .103 .106
Flame_AC .104

Flame_AC (1)
Bronx-Man .106 .133
Sawneeks .200

QuantumBro (1)
Bronx-Man .133

Evilisk (1)
Lord of Castamere .102

kryptikjoker (1)
Sawneeks .94 .200
Not .202

CornBurrito (1)
Crab .99

Pop-O-Matic (1)
Haly .115

Lord of Castamere (0)
Haly .95 .115

Sawneeks (0)
kryptikjoker .157 .201

No active vote for Day 1:
combine42
CornBurrito

Day 1 ends:
gre_1479765600.png

Automated vote tally here

9 votes for majority

CCS

Banned
I'm considering proposing that we lynch Crab, on the basis that I'm not sure if he's town or not and the prospect of scumCrab terrifies me :p

Burbeting

Banned
OMGUS votes are just pretty bad, and feel very defensive in nature. If someone gets one vote from someone else, town wouldn't react with reactionary vote back. However, scum might get stressed and defensive over receiving a vote, especially a player who is playing for the the first time in the community. So it's quite interesting that both of the OMGUS voters (Kryptik and Evilisk) are both new players at least to this mafia community.

I'm still waiting for Crab to appear. This silence of so many players is discomforting.

Flame_AC

You know I like the point mentioned earlier about how the read lists right now are completely useless and just a means to appear like people are doing stuff.

Unvote

Vote: kryptikjoker

The sudden defense was needless and can at a glance seem like someone trying to shore up a defense before a tide starts.

I do agree with kryptik being overly defensive. That said, I'm willing to give benefit of the doubt to a new player. Being lynched D1 is frustrating, especially if you actually do happen to be town.

Vote: Pop-O-Matic

Coppanuva

I'm considering proposing that we lynch Crab, on the basis that I'm not sure if he's town or not and the prospect of scumCrab terrifies me :p
Do you think he's scummiest then? To me he's been a non factor, which is worrying but I feel gives us no new information.

Not going to pick out a list yet though. Too much time left.

CCS

Banned
Do you think he's scummiest then? To me he's been a non factor, which is worrying but I feel gives us no new information.

Not going to pick out a list yet though. Too much time left.

Not so much scummy as silent, which is possibly scarier :p

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, preliminary thoughts.

We always lynch D1. Always. Let's look at why. Suppose we No Lynch D1, and town dies N1. Do we have any more information? Not unless a town PR got something. Suppose we then No Lynch D2, and town dies N2. Do we have any more information? Not unless a town PR got something. Suppose we then No Lynch D3, and a town dies N3. Do we have any more information? Not unless a town PR got something. You can continue until the final day, and town loses because they never, ever got any information (aside from waiting for PRs, which is a terrible thing to rely on).

Chosing not to lynch is the absolute, worst possible move town can ever make. Lynches are how we get information. For example, suppose an early sequence of votes starts on one of the scum. The other scum have to decide: do they try diverting? Do they try piling on for a bus? Do they do nothing at all? And the fact that they have to make this decision differentiates their play from town, because they are informed in a way town is not. Spotting the tells that come from someone making these kinds of decision is how we find scum. Even if the early sequence of votes builds on town, scum have to decide: do they pile on to finish things? Do they move away to build their credibility? Do they do nothing at all? And as the game progresses, we'll notice people reacting in particular ways again and again, and we can pick out the behavioural sequences that match mafia.

Beyond that, votes add pressure. By putting your vote on someone, you are effectively pulling the gun on them. You can force them to answer your questions; it's a threat to obtain information, to cut out the fluff, to force engagement. So it's not even good enough to just vote at the end of the day. If you are spending even half an hour on No Lynch or simply not voting, you are harming town. There's only two reasons for that: a) you're scum, b) you're a bad town player. Either way, I am quiet happy to lynch you.

I think that's the main large topic we've discussed so far, and my votes are going to be expressly aimed at lynching anyone who has not committed to a vote very shortly. In the meantime, more general thoughts:

Pop-O-Matic: why would you claim as scum? Ever? Real scum knows whether you are on the scum team or not, so it doesn't help deceive or mislead scum and instead just adds to town confusion, which means real town has no reason to claim as scum, ever. Working this out is quite basic. So why haven't you been able to do this? Are you scum?

Burbeting: in post #151 you remonstrate with people for not voting, but at the time you had no active vote. If you know voting is good play, why are you not doing it? Why are you giving fluffy good advice, then not carrying out any definite plan that matches with it yourself? That's the sort of play of scum that wants to win town friendship without having to put a vote down in a way that might antagonize said friends.

QuantumBro: pretty similar thing to Pop-O-Matic here. Why would you ever joke about additional information like that? Ever? In fact, yours is even worse than Pop-O-Matics for reasons I don't feel I can discuss until you die or I feel I am committed to lynching you, but in general: why hint at having information no town can have and in doing so implicitly suggest you are scum?

Bronx-Man: good perception in post #133. I like that.

Sawneeks: in post #136 you call people out for posting mostly fluff, but posts #94 and #113 from yourself contained a great deal of fluff. Similar piece to what I said to Burbeting: why is it monkey say but not monkey do?

CCS, combine42, Evilisk, CornBurrito: I don't know who you think you are. I don't know why none of you are voting. If you're looking for pity, I can tell you I don't have pity. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you place a vote on someone now, that will be the end of it - I will not vote for you, I will not wagon you. But if you don't, I will come for you, I will vote you... and I will lynch you.

My vote on CornBurrito stands.

Burbeting

Banned
Burbeting: in post #151 you remonstrate with people for not voting, but at the time you had no active vote. If you know voting is good play, why are you not doing it? Why are you giving fluffy good advice, then not carrying out any definite plan that matches with it yourself? That's the sort of play of scum that wants to win town friendship without having to put a vote down in a way that might antagonize said friends.

At that time (less than 24 posts in the day phase) we had little more than two pages of posts, most of them fluff and/or RNG voting. I vote for people either if they are scummy, or if I want to prod someone. At that time nobody was scummy enough to warrant my vote, and I was still giving my benefit of doubt to the people (like you) who had more or less disappeared. I then voted for you eleven hours later as a prod, as you were one of the disappeared people I really wanted to heard from.

For now, my most worrysome scum read is

VOTE: Evilisk

Every single time people have asked Evillisk something, he has backed down at some level, almost as if he tries his best to please everyone. So if someone has doubted something in him, the reaction has always seemed to be "oh I'm backing down".

Burbeting

Banned
When asked about no lynch stance:

I guess that's a fair point

I guess I just kinda really want to not get lynched/night killed on Day 1 (I wouldn't mind if Town won but I wanna feel like I'd at least contribute to that, even a little bit)

Alright, I guess I'll try and vote someone (though I still don't have a clue what to go off on for now). I'm just gonna comb through the thread again first

Also,
what is a 1d4 roll

(I'm too lazy to quote properly)

@Sawneeks:
I already changed my mind, just gimme a minute to read the thread over again :/

"Please don't be suspicious me Sawneeks, please"

When asked of his OMGUS plans:

Eh again, I've never played a Mafia game, and in my head, with my spectator cap on, this always seemed like a good way to "defend myself" against a suspicion vote (even though it's actually kinda dumb, now that I think about it). Maybe I shouldn't do it anymore at this point. It's not exactly like it'd help me out if I did get dogpiled on...

Eh let's just see. There are still 2 days left anyway. I certainly won't vote him if someone can convince me of a Day 1 lynch target (even if Castamere happened to still have a vote on me during that time)

"Oh don't suspect me, I'll back down okay?"

Something just bugs me about these posts.

Sawneeks

Banned
You know I like the point mentioned earlier about how the read lists right now are completely useless and just a means to appear like people are doing stuff.

Unvote

The sudden defense was needless and can at a glance seem like someone trying to shore up a defense before a tide starts.

How do you feel about LoC and QB then? Since they also threw out a reads list.

I do agree with kryptik being overly defensive. That said, I'm willing to give benefit of the doubt to a new player. Being lynched D1 is frustrating, especially if you actually do happen to be town.

Vote: Pop-O-Matic

Why the vote on Pop, CornBro?

Sawneeks: in post #136 you call people out for posting mostly fluff, but posts #94 and #113 from yourself contained a great deal of fluff. Similar piece to what I said to Burbeting: why is it monkey say but not monkey do?

So I'm guessing this, this, this, and this are just fluff posts then? :x

And in post #136 that you mentioned was when I tried to 'get the ball rolling' and get people to speak up more. Asking people to explain votes, even their RNG ones, and trying to get more from Bronx and Haly but they never responded to my questions. Unless that's also just 'fluff', in which case I don't know what to say.

Why the vote on Pop, CornBro?

Honestly, because he said he was scum.

I know he was most likely joking, but there always is the chance he is scum having some fun by literally telling us his alignment.

I don't mean to be a "no fun allowed" buzzkill, but those sorts of jokes can cause legit struggles for the town side simply because it presents this sort of "what if" scenario.

Given that D1 votes are pretty much a shot in the dark, I figure why not get the "what if" out of the way.

Burb I see your points, but I think that behavior could just as easily be explained with him being new and not wanting to die before being able to contribute.

CCS

Banned
CCS, how do you feel about Evillisk right now?

I don't know, I agree with a couple of posts outlining that he his a bit suspicious, but then again he's new like me and I'm conscious that I'm also a bit suspicious just because I'm playing badly, so I'd be hesitant to lynch him.

Now that we have a bit more to go on, I will change my vote. I just don't know who to yet.

UNVOTE

So out of your list who would you lynch?

Also Crab is 'too quiet' and is therefore Scum but Flame and CornBro, who have done just as much as Crab, are 'null'?

Can you also explain your Town reads please.

That was a quick sloppy extremely lazy read list. I'll amend it, with new info, by going person to person.

1 [m] Bronx-Man
Posting extreme amounts of fluff, exposing himself by doing this. Not contributing, bouncing votes around. Not helpful as town at the moment, but doesn't seem like scum either. Probably Town.

2 [m] Burbeting - GMT+2
Providing some contributions, attacking people without making any strong moves against. Could be probing a bandwagon. Prodding. Possibly scum.

3 [m] CCS - New - GMT
Typical new player. A no lynch without the knowledge of why it's bad does seem like a good thing. Be weary of those that jump on him. Inexperience is an easy jump on point for a day 1 scum lynch. It can also be used to mask poor scum, but from what I can tell he hasn't posted anything egregious yet. Most likely town.

4 [m] combine42 - New - EST
Little to no posts. Jumped on CCS for no lynching. Unknown alignment.

5 [m] Coppanuva - EST
Low activity. Asking questions. Probing. Leaning town.

6 [m] CornBurrito - EST
Discussing, contributing, replying. Leaning town.

7 [they] Crab - UTC+0
As usual Crab waits to gather info before posting. His last post solidified town for the time being. To go into that much detail over that many people is a very risky move for a scum player. Most scum that post a lot have little to say. Town.

8 [m] Pop-O-Matic - EST
Calling yourself out as scum is dumb, no matter what side you fall on. I haven't seen enough from you to base a read so for now I'll assume that scum wouldn't out themselves as such. Leaning town.

9 [m] Evilisk - New - AEST
I initially voted for Evilisk randomly, turning it into a gut read for inactivity scum later. After he has posted and given his thoughts I don't see a good reason to continue this vote. I've personally never believed that no lynching is a major scum tell if people give their rationale. I find bandwagons and side shifting to be worse. Leaning town.

Unvote:Evilisk

10 [m] Flame_AC - EST
At least read lists are something, as opposed to doing nothing at all *cough*. Scum

11 [any] Haly - EST
Swapping votes around almost aimlessly, not really talking. Seems the best choice for low activity scum, honestly. Haly and Flame_Ac are playing a very similar game right now. As it stands my Top Scum are Flame-AC and Haly. With Haly getting my vote.

Vote: Haly

12 [m] Kalor - GMT
He only has 3 posts so there's not a lot to go on, but nothing he's said so far has thrown any warning bells off. Middle.

13 [m] kryptikjoker - New - PST
Tricky one. New player, seems defensive which isn't surprising. Seems to be trying a bit hard to fit in, but it also trying to contribute. Keeps using the fact that they are new as defense, which isn't typical of a new player. Might be decent self reflection idk. Middle.

15 [m] Not - New - PST
Low activity. Jumped on new player, which is suspicious, but gave good rational which I agree with. Leaning town.

16 [m] QuantumBro - PST
Posting a joke like that is very dangerous. I'm still getting positive buzzes off of you, but joking about fluff, especially likely fluff is bad. I could easily see the scum fluff being outlier label brand characters like Apple(Taylor Swift) and Tidal(Kayne West). It's possible that your scum and you let something slip, it's happened before, or that you're a power role who knows the fluff. This is something that will hang over your head the entire game. For now, until you give a reason otherwise, I'll believe that it was a joke, but I encourage everyone not to forget this in the future.

17 [f] Sawneeks - PST
You're asking a lot of questions, but not giving much input. I'll flip it around what are your thoughts on current events? I will say all in all I'm getting town reads, but out of everyone I think you're most likely to be high activity scum at this point.

Sawneeks

Banned
Well, Flame has appeared so I'll move on to the next person I want to see more from

Vote: combine42

specifically I want to know what 'serious shade' you were going to throw but had to double check before you said anything.

Honestly, because he said he was scum.

I know he was most likely joking, but there always is the chance he is scum having some fun by literally telling us his alignment.

I don't mean to be a "no fun allowed" buzzkill, but those sorts of jokes can cause legit struggles for the town side simply because it presents this sort of "what if" scenario.

Given that D1 votes are pretty much a shot in the dark, I figure why not get the "what if" out of the way.

Sooo out of everyone so far it's just Pop?

Doesn't really feel like you're trying to find Scum here, Corn. Especially with that last line, 'we'll do bad anyway so who cares'.

That was a quick sloppy extremely lazy read list. I'll amend it, with new info, by going person to person.

A quick and sloppy reads list on Day 1? It wasn't even that particularly far in to Day 1 either and it gave you enough for some reads? I'm still not seeing how you can be that confident enough that early to place people under 'Town' reads, like, at all.

I also have a few issues with some of your reads. Bronx gets a 'Probably Town' Lean despite not doing anything? Pop gets a Townie O.K. despite, in your own words, 'not having enough to base a Town read on'? Flame's Scum read is basically just a 'well at least i have more than you' shade throw?

I really don't like this LoC. It feels like you came up with a reads list to look active and are now trying to expand upon it but I feel like many of your reads don't make much sense. Not to mention the summary of your 'contributions' so far are fluff, a sudden reads list, and then an expansion on your list. I'm not seeing active scum hunting, prodding, or questioning, I'm only seeing reactive contributions to look active. I want to get Combine out here first but I'm not feeling great about you, LoC.

As for what I think of current events?

I'm not looking into Pop's initial 'reveal' comment as anything alignment indicative. You could argue it's a #unnecessarygambit for a Scum player to do or a weird attention grabber for a Townie, but it's honestly WIFOM territory and it could go either way and I don't want to spend pages debating it. For now I'm choosing to ignore it and looking simply at what Pop has done since then to get a read on him and given the amount he has done I'm putting him at a null read.

I don't like QB's reads list. I've already said it but how people can get Town reads this early bothers me and I don't like it, mainly because it's easier for Scum to drop that Town read more confidently than an actual Townie, who doesn't know anyone else's alignment, would. I'm still waiting for his response to my question, but I lightly Scum lean.

Evilisk backing down and massive hesitance to put down a vote feels scummy to me, like he doesn't want his actions to be held against him later on and does not want to be in the line of fire. This could be new player jitters like Corn mentioned though, so I'm very conflicted here. Very light Scum lean.

I feel good about Coppa. He seems genuine in his questions and prods.

Kalor is a non-entity here, I don't like that. While nothing he has said so far feels bad to me, he's so huddled in the background I often forget he is in this game. Same goes for Combine.

Everyone else is null/unknown or my leanings on them are so tiny it's barely worth a mention. I can give you a full explanation of every player if you would like.

Sawneeks

Banned
Lean Town:
Lord of Castamere
CornBurrito
Kalor
Sawneeks

My last question to QB still stands but I definitely want more of an explanation on your 'Town Lean' of LoC since his only contributions up until that point were these posts:

We've got 4 days with nothing to do, but talk about nothing.

*looks at player list* *shrugs*

Vote:Evilisk

You don't understand,I've already won this game. I was so confident that I didn't even open my role pm. Didn't need too. In the end it doesn't matter who's scum. Me, you, everyone, because I'm the winner, and you can't stop that.

If you know who I am, then you'd better step back before you get hurt. #dontmesswiththebest

And absolutely nothing there screams 'yeah, this guy might be Town' to me.

Sawneeks

Banned
Despite my vote on Combine, I also really want to hear from Kalor.

His only posts so far are these:

This could be a long four days depending on the kind of Day 1 we get.

Vote: Burbeting

Even if we lynch the wrong person we'll get to see where people place their votes and they can be important as we get further into the game. Over time we can get to see if people are avoiding certain votes or that they always vote after a bunch of other people have.

You sounds to be pro Day 1 Lynch. So far with these current events, who do you want to see lynched and why?

Kalor

Despite my vote on Combine, I also really want to hear from Kalor.

His only posts so far are these:

You sounds to be pro Day 1 Lynch. So far with these current events, who do you want to see lynched and why?

Right now I would be willing to lynch Evilisk or kryptikjoker, even if they are new . Evilisk stands out with how willing they are to back down whenever someone questions them. This might just be a new player who is willing to adapt to the problems that are brought up in his posts but on the first day new scum tend to want to conform, try not to stick out too much.

Then there is kryptikjoker's overreaction to your vote but the reasoning behind that might just be similar to the reasoning for Evilisk. His read list is weird as well. It feels like he just quickly threw a read list together because Quantum and LoC made one. Maybe I'm seeing something that isn't there but it looks like he just copied LoC's post and added a few names and changed the order about.

Read list.

Town
Quantumbro
Cupponova
Kalor
Pop-o-matic

Lean town
Haly
kryptikjoker
Not
CCs

Lean Scum
Bronxman
Sawneeks

Scum
Crab
Evilisk

Cant tell
Burbeting
Flameac
combine42
Cornburrito

Here are my reads:

Town

Borderline Town
CCS
Bronx-Man
Pop-O-Matic
Haly
Coppanuva
Evilisk

Scum
Sawneeks
Burbeting

Borderline Scum
QuantumBro
CornBurrito
Not
Lord of Castermere

Unknown
Kalor
Flame_AC
combine42
Crab

At first glance they are different enough but then you look at it more closely. The order of Flame_AC and combine42 is what drew my attention. It is exactly the same in both unknown sections and then krypt left the town section blank, probably because he copied it and forgot to delete it. This doesn't mean that he is scum, I've copied read lists before to save me the five seconds of writing the titles for each section out but I think he did it to appear active more than anything. It's not like anyone was calling for everyone to make read lists, only two people had made one at that point.

Pop's whole "I'm scum" thing is weird but scum wouldn't do something like that on the first day if they wanted to win. It's probably better to just ignore that aspect of his posts for now.

Burbeting

Banned
Burb I see your points, but I think that behavior could just as easily be explained with him being new and not wanting to die before being able to contribute.

Yeah, that's one possible explanation for it, obviously. But something about how those posts are framed just don't feel genuine to me.

--

Where is everyone?

cabot

VOTE TALLY

not (1)
pop-o-matic 90

crab (1)
coppanuva 91
burbeting 193 (214)

combine42 (2)
quantumbro 93
sawneeks 221

kryptikjoker (2)
sawneeks 94 (200)
not 202
flame_ac 206

lord of castamere (0)
haly 95 (115)

cornburrito (0)
crab 99 (213)

evilisk (2)
lord of castamere 102 (220)
crab 213
burbeting 214

bronx-man (0)
bronx-man 103 (106)
flame_ac 104 (206)

burbeting (2)
kalor 105
kryptikjoker 201

flame_ac (0)
bronx-man 106 (133)
sawneeks 200 (221)

none (0)
ccs 107 (137)

pop-o-matic (2)
haly 115
cornburrito 207

quantumbro (1)
bronx-man 133

no lynch (1)
ccs 137 (219)
evilisk 138 (142)
evilisk 142

sawneeks (0)
kryptikjoker 157 (201)

haly (1)
lord of castamere 220

9 votes for majority.

DAY 1 ENDS:

gre_1479765600.png

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Also, I think you forgot the "no active vote" segment. At a glance, that's just combine, CCS, and Evilisk; which naturally means our lynch will be among them.

cabot

Also, I think you forgot the "no active vote" segment. At a glance, that's just combine, CCS, and Evilisk; which naturally means our lynch will be among them.

That's something Yeeny does on her own.

Over and above the call of duty.

Sooo out of everyone so far it's just Pop?

Doesn't really feel like you're trying to find Scum here, Corn. Especially with that last line, 'we'll do bad anyway so who cares'.

No. As I mentioned, I saw what Burb was saying about Evilisk. Evilisk really only gets a pass from me for now because lynching new players D1 is a pretty bad way of retaining members for this community. That's pretty meta, and not 'good' play but w/e.

There's frankly not enough information for solid reads. At least not for me. So yes, just Pop for now.

Also framing it as "we'll do bad so whatever" isn't really correct. I think the D1 lynch is a crapshoot pretty much always. So it is usually best to use it to lynch:

1. Inactive players
2. People you know from past games that suck/that you dislike
3. Players who have done something silly

Pop falls into category 3. His "lol I'm scum" thing is like 95% a joke. But that post generates an eternal "well what if he isn't" that we'll deal with for as long as he is alive.

A lynch on him will still provide information like any other one day lynch, and will also eliminate that "what if".

Evilisk

I didn't think my change of stance was back-pedaling or would be seen as that

I'm painfully aware of my lack of experience in playing Mafia, so I've just been looking at other people's comments on how I've been playing so far and have been adapting and making corrections to that. I just want to learn to play as best and quickly as I can (because I certainly don't wanna learn what I shouldn't be doing the hard way).

Maybe it's not so wise now that I've thought about it (I've just realized I'd also be opening myself to manipulation by any Mafia players as well) but I'm trying to make the most of this game (especially in case I don't happen to make it past the first day, either because I get lynched or night killed)

Now on to the stance changes I've had;

On the No Lynch, I don't know what to say. I'm not the only player getting flack for that, and I'm actually getting 1 vote because I still haven't decided on a player to vote. There are also way too many people saying "don't do that" that I'm certain it'd be a bad thing to do here (even if it happened to be that ALL the Mafia players in this game were among those folks saying so).

On the OMGUS vote, I looked into that more (I didn't realize that phenomenon had a name until Burbeting posted that link) and it seemed like only newcomers make that mistake/veteran players rarely do that. I thought maybe it was the right thing to probably not do that anymore. Castamere also came out and explained their reasoning for voting for me, and in my mind at least, definitely showed that my first instinct to OMGUS may not have been so wise to begin with.

As for my post to Sawneeks, I was just saying I was actually considering changing my stance (since in their post, they were going off on me for NOT doing that), and I just wanted them to know just in case they'd missed my post. That was it.

Since Crab wants me to vote, I'm just going to go through the last few pages again before I make a post

I didn't think my change of stance was back-pedaling or would be seen as that

Just want to say that it is D1 so pretty much people will jump on the smallest things. Regardless of your alignment, I don't think you've done anything outrageously bad.

Sometimes members of town do back down and flip flop. It can be hard to actually be sure of yourself, especially if it is D1 and you have no clue what is going on.

And scum is actually really hard to play.

Don't get discouraged.

Evilisk

Now that I've gone through the last few pages, the only thing I can think of is

VOTE: Pop-O-Matic

Other people that seemed suspicious (to me) were QuantumBro and to a lesser extent, Burbeting (that said I didn't actually considering voting either of those folks). The only other person I was considering voting, if temporarily, was combine42. Just because they still haven't talked about that serious shade and I'd like to have as much information I can to work out a Day 1 Lynch vote from.

With Pop-O-Matic, I just don't know whether to take his first post seriously or not. All the veterans are suspecting that it's not serious but as a newbie, and also as a spectator of a lot of Mafia games, I could see it being a play. It wouldn't be the most ridiculous play I've ever seen.

QuantumBro also said a weird thing early on but at least his list helped to stimulate discussion with other players so at least he has that.

Pop's dropped that confusion bomb and that's about it. Also, as CornBurrito has mentioned, I feel like we're going to have a "are they actually scum or not?" problem for as long as he's alive (actually it's already nagging away at me, and we're on Day 1 only)

Burbeting, my gut wants me to suspect him because he is voting me (and also the way this has played out, first the OMGUS, then the vote, it feels like I've been tricked). But he has given other newbies a look under the magnifying glass, so I guess there is a precedent for what he's doing (though I'm the only one that has been given a vote, unless I missed something)

Other than that, I don't have any clue.

Also (this is kinda meta now), I don't know if this level of activity is normal for a forum Mafia, and I don't know if Day 1 is always this barren in terms of working out ways to suspect players, but I mean, I'm still working off posts from several days ago. It'd be nice if more players posted a bit more.

Then again, I probably shouldn't judge since I have it pretty good (in terms of timezone + free time)

combine42

Neo Member
Howdy all, I was at a bachelor party for the weekend So I've been AFK for some time. I'll read through posts to catch back up.

combine42

Neo Member
Well, Flame has appeared so I'll move on to the next person I want to see more from

Vote: combine42

specifically I want to know what 'serious shade' you were going to throw but had to double check before you said anything.

That was half fluff, half trying to get the game moving. But your decision to jump on me based on that alone makes me wary. I'm assuming because its day one and we don't have any info to go on?

I'll throw it back your way for now unless I see a better choice.

Vote: Sawneeks

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Pop-O-Matic (3)
Haly .115
CornBurrito .207
Evilisk .237

combine42 (2)
QuantumBro .93
Sawneeks .221

kryptikjoker (2)
Sawneeks .94 .200
Not .202
Flame_AC .206

Evilisk (2)
Lord of Castamere .102 .220
Crab .213
Burbeting .214

Burbeting (2)
Kalor .105
kryptikjoker .201

Crab (1)
Coppanuva .91
Burbeting .193 .214

Not (1)
Pop-O-Matic .90

Haly (1)
Lord of Castamere .220

QuantumBro (1)
Bronx-Man .133

Sawneeks (1)
kryptikjoker .157 .201
combine42 .241

Bronx-Man (0)
Bronx-Man .103 .106
Flame_AC .104 .206

No Lynch (0)
CCS .137 .219
Evilisk .142 .237

CornBurrito (0)
Crab .99 .213

Lord of Castamere (0)
Haly .95 .115

Flame_AC (0)
Bronx-Man .106 .133
Sawneeks .200 .221

No active vote for Day 1:
CCS (has previously voted)

Day 1 ends:
gre_1479765600.png

Automated vote tally here

9 votes for majority

Not

Banned

1 [m] Bronx-Man
Posting extreme amounts of fluff, exposing himself by doing this. Not contributing, bouncing votes around. Not helpful as town at the moment, but doesn't seem like scum either. Probably Town.

I'm beginning to see what Pop-O-Matic was talking about

CCS

Banned
And this is why Brexit happened

giphy.gif

Earlier mostly-humorous posts aside, I'm not actually voting for Crab.

Currently undecided between Pop, Evilisk, and Kryptik. I'm still not entirely convinced that Pop is the right lynch (although his "I'm scum!" posts are not exactly helpful), but I'm a bit reluctant to lynch one of my fellow newbs. If someone wants to make a strong case for someone not on that list it'd be good to hear it.

Sawneeks

Banned
Then there is kryptikjoker's overreaction to your vote but the reasoning behind that might just be similar to the reasoning for Evilisk. His read list is weird as well. It feels like he just quickly threw a read list together because Quantum and LoC made one. Maybe I'm seeing something that isn't there but it looks like he just copied LoC's post and added a few names and changed the order about.

At first glance they are different enough but then you look at it more closely. The order of Flame_AC and combine42 is what drew my attention. It is exactly the same in both unknown sections and then krypt left the town section blank, probably because he copied it and forgot to delete it. This doesn't mean that he is scum, I've copied read lists before to save me the five seconds of writing the titles for each section out but I think he did it to appear active more than anything. It's not like anyone was calling for everyone to make read lists, only two people had made one at that point.

Huh, I didn't notice that when I went over them. Interesting. Although Kryptik's list has 'borderline Town/Scum' while LoC's has 'Town/Scum lean', so if it was just a copy-and-paste then he had enough sense to change those as well. I also have a guess as to why he left the 'Town' section blank but I want to hear his reasoning for it first.

RIP Pop
2016 - 2016

We hardly knew her ;__;

A lynch on him will still provide information like any other one day lynch, and will also eliminate that "what if".

Hm. Agree to disagree I suppose, I still think it's possible to hit Scum on the first Day but seeing as most everyone in this game has taken a massive disinterest in Day 1 I'm not really feeling like arguing the point.

I can see where you're coming from with your reasoning for a Pop lynch though, even if I don't particularly agree with it. Your logic is sound at least.

That was half fluff, half trying to get the game moving. But your decision to jump on me based on that alone makes me wary. I'm assuming because its day one and we don't have any info to go on?

Add another one to the 'you're not understanding my vote' tally.

My vote was a 'prod vote', meaning I did that to get your attention so you would answer my question and also to get you talking more. It was not a 'I think you're scummy so I want you lynched' vote. However, it can turn in to that kind of vote.

Before I decide on that I have a question. How did you intend to 'get the game moving' by making your comment?

I do find it interesting you also got incredibly defensive over 1 vote though.

Also (this is kinda meta now), I don't know if this level of activity is normal for a forum Mafia, and I don't know if Day 1 is always this barren in terms of working out ways to suspect players, but I mean, I'm still working off posts from several days ago. It'd be nice if more players posted a bit more.

Sometimes it can be a lot harder to find anything suspicious in a game and other times it can feel like 90% of the player list is doing something incredibly suspect. It changes every game you're in.

This level of activity is not normal, at least not here in Gafia. I don't know if it's just mass disinterest in the game itself or if people just don't have the time to play but typically games are a lot more 'alive' than what's going on right now. I'm hoping everything will pick up soon since we have a lot of people in the low activity corner and it's always hard to scum hunt in that group, but more importantly I hope it picks up because a slow game with a lack of interest can be very boring and frustrating to play. :/

Sawneeks

Banned
My mistake, make that *2 votes on Combine, although he only reacted to mine. Which is fair, considering QB's vote had no reason attached to it and was the 2nd or 3rd post in the game.

Speaking of which, where is QB? He just up and disappeared.

Then again, so did like....most people in this game...

combine42

Neo Member
Add another one to the 'you're not understanding my vote' tally.

My vote was a 'prod vote', meaning I did that to get your attention so you would answer my question and also to get you talking more. It was not a 'I think you're scummy so I want you lynched' vote. However, it can turn in to that kind of vote.

Before I decide on that I have a question. How did you intend to 'get the game moving' by making your comment?

I do find it interesting you also got incredibly defensive over 1 vote though.

My vote on you is the same thing, just trying to figure out where you're coming from.

As for the comment I was just going to throw out a random vote, but I figured to just wait and see what people were doing. And the few no lynch's threw me off as I didnt even know that was an option honestly.

I do think you're trying to peg me as scum, which is why I'm explaining myself. I think the wording "incredibly defensive" is the right wordage to get votes to swing my way and avoid heat yourself.

Thats how I'm seeing it right now anyway

CCS

Banned
Actually, since I want to get this going, I'm going to go for:

Vote: Flame_AC

The fewest posts of anyone, only one of them that was non-fluffy and even that didn't add much.

Vote: Bronx-Man

Got the greatest feeling about this one.

You know it took me a moment to realize that Not was a person and not y'all playin around with the votes.

Unvote

Sawneeks

Banned
My vote on you is the same thing, just trying to figure out where you're coming from.

As for the comment I was just going to throw out a random vote, but I figured to just wait and see what people were doing. And the few no lynch's threw me off as I didnt even know that was an option honestly.

I do think you're trying to peg me as scum, which is why I'm explaining myself. I think the wording "incredibly defensive" is the right wordage to get votes to swing my way and avoid heat yourself.

Thats how I'm seeing it right now anyway

You don't see this as being incredibly defensive?

I put a vote down on you to get you to talk and also explain more by what you meant in your original comment but instead you interpret it as me 'jumping on you' and then go and put an OMGUS vote on me. That feels very defensive to me, especially because you came to the conclusion I was attacking you when I simply wanted to hear more from you.

Top Bottom